Author Topic: [RO] Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!  (Read 98275 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
Yeah it's 1:1 for AGI:Flee and DEX:Hit, so it's not really noticable unless you're pumping AGI/DEX hard.  Hence why on melee classes I tend to save those stats for last and only pump them as necessary.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2011, 05:10:58 PM »
I go more for ASPD over Flee when I'm pumping Agi - the Flee is just a bonus, to me. I like being able to kill quickly when I'm playing melee.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
It severely penalizes pure forger/brewer builds even moreso.  With high dex/int you could at least get away with mashing on weaker stuff.  Other than that I think it adds variety to builds, especially with the negative penalty (suddenly level 1/2 gear may not be as bad as you think with negative penalty), but it makes levelling up to max a lot harder as you'll need to adjust your equipment a lot more often to account for stat loss.

I do agree on the comment about reducing the importance of unrelated stats like DEX/LUK while returning them to their original roles (min damage for DEX/crit rate for LUK) rather than leaving them as catchall bonus stats.  Also I really really like the mob changes, as well as reverting non 3rd job skills to pre-Renewal status.  Some of the Renewal nerfs made absolutely no sense.  The XP/Drop penalty was stupid as hell too.

I'm going to wait and see and do some playtesting, but I'm thinking I'll model HatOnline after jRO and not kRO at this point., especially post-Renewal.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »
Hahahaha, jRO. How I missed you.

>STR bonus
>cubic

wat

>Negative penalty
>quadratic

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, the negative penalty thing is absolutely hilarious, as pure forgers/brewers are now fucked solo-wise unless they want to spend for-fucking-ever killing weakshit since they won't have any damage whatsoever. That IS pretty much the only real concern though, I'm pretty happy that jRO are still working hard to try and keep things fresh, it was pretty much the only reason why I preferred it over the other official servers. I'm liking what they did with the spawns, and XP/Drop rates too. Those were pretty cool.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2011, 12:17:29 AM »
Yeah, the negative penalty thing is absolutely hilarious, as pure forgers/brewers are now fucked solo-wise unless they want to spend for-fucking-ever killing weakshit since they won't have any damage whatsoever.

;_;

But yeah, the rest of the changes seem to be pretty nifty.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2011, 04:33:00 AM »
After finally making sense of the damage formulas, they buffed the hell out of level 3/4 weapons.  Level 4 gets a bonus 80% max ATK just for being level 4, and they unhinged the STR/DEX damage bonus from weapon ATK to not punish people who by nature of their classes use weak base ATK weapons.

Honestly outside of the huge nerf to pure forger/brewer classes using DEX/LUK as damage stats, I'm really really liking the renewed emphasis on raw stats over just having the best quad carded weapon.  It also means you have to think and adapt your equipment set to your levelling plateaus and a lot of otherwise useless items are now suddenly viable and valuable to at least SOMEONE out there.

And I absolutely LOVE the removal of the XP/Drop penalty to punish powerlevelling.  Sure it was kind of nice being forced to move around to different areas more, but still I should have a choice how I want to play and where.  If you're worried about certain sectors being overfarmed, then adjust the stats/XP returns of the monsters there, instead of totally nerfing any sort of powerlevel strategy.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »
Slight bump.  Valentine's Day event finalized, will start this Friday and run through till the next week.  Let's just say it'll be interesting :B

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2011, 01:43:09 AM »
Ehehehe event details revealed:

Code: [Select]
00:41 <~Stuffy-TSO> starting friday I'm goign to spawn a random MVP in a random town, and give out a cryptic clue in notices where it might be, the idea is you're killing them to prove your worth to me as a valentine, I'm a girl with expensive tastes and I demand luxury items :P
00:42 < Dormio> inb4beelze
00:42 <~Stuffy-TSO> there will be a time limit, if it's not killed by the spawn time of the next day I'll consider the hunt a failure

00:42 <~Stuffy-TSO> Dormio: depends on how many you kill, they will get progressively harder :P
00:42 <~Stuffy-TSO> the reward is for anyone who participates
00:42 < Dormio> ogod
00:42 <~Stuffy-TSO> the more MVPs you kill during the week
00:42 <~Stuffy-TSO> the higher the reward is for everyone who participated
00:42 < Dormio> ogod
00:43 <~Stuffy-TSO> along with whatever the MVP drops of course
00:43 < Dormio> this sounds painful

00:43 < Rikter> inb4 I can barely participate due to no one being around when I can play
00:43 <~Stuffy-TSO> Rikter: you'll have 24 hours to kill it, and I'll start "days" at primetime
00:44 <~Stuffy-TSO> and I will announce the clue here, on the server, and on the forums

00:44 < Dormio> inb4pandawhoreseverykill
00:44 <~Stuffy-TSO> which is your problem, not mine :P
00:45 <~Stuffy-TSO> participating means you gotta be there, and if someone ganks it before you solo, well then, I guess you don't get points for that day
00:45 <~Stuffy-TSO> I'll keep a running tally of who participated on which hunt
00:45 <~Stuffy-TSO> ps I've been playing monster hunter the past few days, this is where the idea came from :P

00:46 < Rikter> I honestly don't see me finding any of them to do anything before it's killed each day
00:47 <~Stuffy-TSO> Rikter: participating can be as simple as finding them
00:47 <~Stuffy-TSO> the locations are fairly simple, I will only spawn them in towns
00:47 <~Stuffy-TSO> there are a lot of towns though
00:47 <~Stuffy-TSO> lol
00:47 <~Stuffy-TSO> exception
00:47 <~Stuffy-TSO> I won't spawn in Niff or Umbala
00:47 <~Stuffy-TSO> Umbala is too much of a mess to walk around
00:47 <~Stuffy-TSO> and Niff is hostile

00:50 < Dormio> will the clues be location only or location and mvp?
00:50 <~Stuffy-TSO> Dormio: the clues will be "cryptic"
00:50 <~Stuffy-TSO> Dormio: that's all I'm saying
00:50 <~Stuffy-TSO> I'm going to have fun writing stuff
00:52 <~Stuffy-TSO> oh yeah
00:52 <~Stuffy-TSO> the clues may not just be a message :P
00:52 <~Stuffy-TSO> I won't make it too hard, but this is going to be a "hunt"
00:52 <~Stuffy-TSO> god I'm going to have fun with this rofl
00:55 <~Stuffy-TSO> there's not many places it could be, I'm restricting purely to towns
00:55 <~Stuffy-TSO> I'm not reusing places either

00:56 <~Stuffy-TSO> Rikter: nah I won't screw with it, but I will demand screenshot proof of your involvement
00:56 < CR> tso: so i just have to be on the same screen?
00:56 <~Stuffy-TSO> CR: if I can see you and the MVP and it's the right map then yes that counts
00:57 <~Stuffy-TSO> I'm considering participation very loosely considering it's very hard for me to gauge without being there
00:57 <~Stuffy-TSO> speaking of which panda can't dual/triple client
00:57 <~Stuffy-TSO> I will know
00:58 <~Stuffy-TSO> I probably won't spawn it until I get home around 5-6pm est

01:14 <~Stuffy-TSO> Rikter: not exactly
01:14 <~Stuffy-TSO> each person gets a point for each day participated in
01:15 <~Stuffy-TSO> but participation only counts if the MVP is actually killed that day
01:15 <~Stuffy-TSO> the later ones you will have to work together, period
01:15 <~Stuffy-TSO> or none of you get credit
01:15 <~Stuffy-TSO> I will know if the MVP is killed

Essentially what is happening is every day for the next week, I am going to spawn an MVP in a town.  I will release a cryptic clue as to what it is and its whereabouts.  The clue will be provided here, on IRC and in a server notice.  It's up to you guys to find the MVP and fell it before the start of the next hunt, so you have 24 hours to find, and kill the MVP.  Participation is easy, just provide a screenshot of you and the MVP on the same screen.  Since I won't be around to monitor directly your progress I'll consider just being there participation.  It has to be your main or another high level character, no building a bunch of novices to hide in all the towns just to get participation points :b

I will keep track of each person's participation, you get a point for each hunt you participate in.  Rewards will be given out based on how many points you earn.  Points will ONLY be given out for a day's hunt if the MVP is felled though, so if an MVP goes unkilled and the day's hunt is considered a failure, NOONE gets participation points for that day.  The early ones may be sniped by more, shall we say, zealous players, but they will progress in difficulty and you will have to work together to fell it.  Along with the rewards for participation of course whatever the MVP drops is yours to keep. :3c

Oh and no dual clienting (this means you panda), it's one man per "man".

The hunt starts tomorrow and runs through the week, ending Sunday, 2/20.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:47:12 AM by ♪ Tesoro Corporation ♫ »

« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
I like the sound of this event!

so who's participating? also we need to finish thanatos, and give a shot at endless sometime :x

i can bring sniper, high priest, scholar, soul linker, or biochem depending on what everyone else has.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »
The first hunt has begun and here is your first clue:

23:40 <~Stuffy-TSO> In celebration of Egypt's new dawn, these three kings of old have been spawned.  And in a capital town, is where they'll be found.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2011, 01:07:00 AM »
Hunt 1 successful, credit goes to the following players:
Rikter
Chaore
rizock
Panda
Dormio
Me :b

Here's your hint for Hunt 2
01:06 <~Stuffy-TSO> Gork and Mork seem well out of place, stomping about in this fanciful place.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2011, 03:24:13 AM »
Hunt 2 is a smashing (lol get it) success, as Gork (Ork Hero) and Mork (Ork Lord) were given a frozen burial:
CR
Hawk (CR's brother)
Rikter
rizock
Chaore
Dormio
panda

Here is your hint for Hunt 3:
03:23 <~Stuffy-TSO> I see you're getting strong, I see you're getting tough, but can you kill these 3 guys that sound kind of rough?  They have one thing in common, D being that, you'll find them located where people are fat.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2011, 12:23:30 AM »
Hunt 3 is complete!  Doppel and Kiel and LoD met their doom!
CR
Rikter
rizock
Chaore
Dormio
panda
rdj

Here is your hint for Hunt 4:
00:18 <~Stuffy-TSO> ok, hint 4: Having heavy hearts is a heresy! Be happy, your hunt is here! Horray!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »
Having heavy hearts is a heresy!
Be of Good Cheer!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2011, 03:56:23 AM »
Hunt 4 complete, the dreaded Fallen Bishop Hibram has well, fallen :V
Dormio
CR
rizock
Rikter
Piamette
panda
Chaore
rdj522

Here is your hint for Hunt 5:
00:53 <~Windy-TSO> roses are red, violets are blue, in this skyward city, things will haunt you
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:54:13 AM by ♪ Tesoro Corporation ♫ »