Author Topic: EoSD help  (Read 7289 times)

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
EoSD help
« on: May 02, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »
How are you supposed to dodge the books in stage 4? (the ones that shoot green bullets, right before the midboss)

It's much too insane for me, so I was wondering if there was some better trick.

Also, are there any techniques to Emerald Megalith? I captured it the first time but I haven't ever been even close since then. :/

Re: EoSD help
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »
Which difficulty?
In Lunatic, both those attacks are considered awesomely hard. Do not be embarrassed to bomb them.
In other difficulties, I could only beat the green books after being able to beat the difficulty above (so, could only clear the normal ones perfectly after 1ccing hard mode, etc) and I've never faced Emerald Megalith so can't really comment.

I don't think there's any real strategy.

Oh, for the books, if they all spawn on one side of the screen, go to the other side.
...You probably do that anyway >_>
Advocate of Transhumanism

Drake

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »
Everyone thinks the books suck. Just bomb if necessary, you get one after Koa anyways.

Just stay under Patchy as much as you can. Remember the bubbles have a smaller hitbox.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 04:52:57 AM »
yeah I'm talking about lunatic

thx guys, almost captured emerald again, and those books seem to be worth that bomb hehe

now another question. for the extra stage 495 rings spell, what is the best way to clear this spell using the least amount of lives/bombs, time-out or shoot down? I figure shooting flandre down might be difficult as it gets harder, but if I just time it out, I can just bomb twice or so at the hard part and I'll probably be fine. I wanna be prepared to know what to do when I get there

Drake

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 05:07:03 AM »
If you can dodge the first waves then just time it out if you want, but it gets worse when it finally explodes on you.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 07:00:35 PM »
The books are nearly impossible. I've only captured them once or twice myself, and that was probably due to the books randomly spawning in advantageous places. Just practice them to the point where you can consistently get past them with one bomb.

Emerald Megalith is garbage. As has already been said, staying under Patchy is of paramount importance. Furthermore, the big bubble bullets have squarish hitboxes (rather than rounded, as the sprite would have you believe), so dodging them diagonally is far more dangerous. In other words try staying farther away from the diagonally moving bubbles. Knowing all of this is just so you can get past the card in one bomb. I would not suggest trying to capture in a full game run unless you are out of bombs when you get to it.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »
I've captured the books once, amazingly in a full game run. Judging from that, the strategy is to flail around randomly and the attack will miraculously miss you.  :P
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet