~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games
Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
(1/201) > >>
Raikaria:
OOC Foreword:

So I've been kinda busy last few months IRL; and I got thinking about a long-running Quest I did in the past; Rumia Quest. I had a lot of fun GM'ing that; and thought 'what if I take the basic premises from that; and take it back to Square one with the simple fact that I am more experienced now?' And 'what would happen if players take different choices'. I think it could be a somewhat interesting experiment to see the differences in how this version of Rumia Quest develops from the previous one. Consider it a social experiment of sorts.

I won't link the origional Rumia Quest; since a lot of at least the early or central plot points will likely recur [At least before player divergence is taken into account]; and for anyone who wasn't around for the original; I'd like to not spoil things. Also because exposing players to things that happened before might guide player actions here which is the exact opposite of what I want.

It is worth noting I'm a significantly busier person these days than I was a good few years ago; I work 9 hour shifts and commute for 2h 30 a day on workdays. I'll try to do at least 1 update a day; but this isn't guaranteed if I have a lot of IRL stuff going on. Weekends will likely be significantly more active. But this can be good; of course. I think the original Rumia Quest lost a lot of players because the pace was too quick for them to keep up.

Edit: Also so people can keep track of who Rumia knows:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kXTuH60F-0z7iCl90DyS22gwYSK44igteW8LRz_J0KM/edit?usp=sharing

Without further ado:

===

> You are [once again] Rumia
> View Status

>>  Species: Youkai

>> Age: Unknown; you can't count that high, neither can you remember that long. You know you are significantly older than a human of an equal age would look however.

>> Powers
>>> Unique Abilities - Manipulation of Darkness. Most often used to create a sphere of pitch-black around yourself. Darkness gets less absolute the larger the area you try to effect. Abilities do not come with secondary ability to actually see in the Dark.
>>> Racial Abilities - Flight: You have advanced this skill to Moderate level, allowing you the ability to effortlessly hover and fly at low speeds; and with effort fly at higher speeds
>>>> Youkai Strength: As a Youkai; you are significantly stronger than your physical form would suggest. You can easily overpower a full grown human if it came to close combat.
>>>  Cultural Ability - Gensokyian: Danmaku - Allows you to condense your magical energy into various projectiles to attack with. Allows Spellcard Battles. Your skill in Danmaku is Moderate. You're above the various nameless fairies and youkai [Well... most of them. Some of those Greater Fairies are tough!] but you're far from the best at Danmaku. Danmaku usually results in no worse than bruises and minor clothing damage due to the Spellcard Rules; instead causing submission by intense; magically induced pain than actual physical harm. If two agree to duel without the Spellcard rules in effect; Danmaku can result in casualties. It is worth noting that attacking with the 'ruleless' type of Danmaku without both parties agreeing is considered a major crime in Gensokyo. Otherwise everyone would be going around and sniping each other with long-range deadly magical bullets and that would be absolute chaos.

>> Possessions: Your clothing.
>>> Spellcards: Moon Sign -Moonlight Ray-; Night Sign -Night Bird-; Darkness Sign -Demarcation-; Darkness Sign -Dark Side of the Moon- and Night Sign -Midnight Bird-.

===

> You are currently in the Youkai Forest; and it is nighttime.

> You are alone.
Hope ♦ Metal:
>Who do we know/have met?
Raikaria:

--- Quote from: Hope ♦ Metal on May 20, 2018, 06:19:19 PM --->Who do we know/have met?

--- End quote ---

> You have the following relations:

> Reimu Hakurei - She's beaten you up a few times, mostly for you getting in her way or attacking humans.

> Marisa Kirisame - Same as Reimu; except unlike Reimu, she usually dosen't give a reason for her actions.

> Wriggle Nightbug - Lives in the same forest as you do; so you occasionally bump into each other. Quite literally. You're generally on good terms.

> Mystia Lorelei - She lives on the outskirts of the forest; near the Human Villiage; so you don't meet her as often as Wriggle. You still get on well with her however.

> Aya Shameimaru - She occasionally flies past and drops a newspaper on you. Unfortunately; you can't really read them due to your darkness bubble.

> Keine Kamishirasawa - The main reason you don't go near the Human Village often. Keine dosen't tolerate you around the village; and unlike most humans, she can rather easily beat you.

> Daiyousei and Cirno - You occasionally meet them if you're in the part of the Forest near the Misty Lake. Daiyousei's fine; but Cirno is rather annoying; usually spoiling for a fight.

> You've met others; but your interactions with others are insignificant enough that you don't even know their names. When you're usually surrounded by a darkness sphere you can't see out of, you don't get to know too many people.
Neovereign:
> What's our diet and how do we support it with knowing the laws that we do...
Raikaria:

--- Quote from: Neovereign on May 20, 2018, 10:52:19 PM ---> What's our diet and how do we support it with knowing the laws that we do...

--- End quote ---

> Like most Youkai; you are Magivorous

> Magivorous is like Omnivorous; except you can also sustain yourself with magical energy. In fact; you require magical energy intake to survive. [This is a big reason why Youkai are largely extinct outside of Gensokyo.] You cannot survive on ambient magical energy alone either however.

> Luckily; plants and animals that exist in magically-rich areas naturally absorb and store magical energy within themselves. Not only do these magically-enhanced things taste better, but they are also more nutritious. Since animals ultimately eat plants that have themselves taken in magical energy, meat is far tastier and more magic-rich than plants.

> In the past you used to hunt humans; who; due to their size; decent lifespan, and ease of preying upon, were absolutely great! However, with humans like Reimu, Marisa and Keine around, human-hunting is too risky. Of course; hunting the local wildlife isn't that much worse than humans.

> It is worth noting that youkai eating other youkai is considered a taboo among youkai and such an action would get you hunted by all other youkai.

> There dosen't seem to be any correlation between the amount of magic a youkai intakes and their inherent power, although Magicians as a species seem to require more food than others. Youkai of animals also generally only eat things with some connection to that animal's diet. For example; Wriggle; as a firefly, can only eat plant matter, and even then, usually flowering plants. Mystia prefers fruits, seeds, small fish and insects as a bird. Since you're not animal-based, you can eat pretty much anything that's edible.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version