~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments
※ Public Domain/Creative Commons/Free to Use Touhou Assets ※
<< < (4/12) > >>
Helepolis:
Ye most of the stuff also posted on that nifty something url site are also similar, except few of them do have license for usage and such.

Regarding publishing of borrowed material, if you can trace down the original author and cannot find any rules for the usage you might as well use common sense and drop an e-mail to the person.
Lefkada:

--- Quote ---Also, as far as I know, you can also use Concealed the Conclusion sprites for danmakufu scripts,
--- End quote ---
Can we modify them of it's just use as they are?
And also, can we use and/or modify sprites from Spell Card Collection? (boss sprites are the same in both game if I'm not mistaken).

--- Quote ---ZUN clearly says to not use his stuff
--- End quote ---
Even if most pepole use his players/boss sprites and other HUD stuff. Therefore all (or at least almost all) the scripts here don't respect what ZUN want? Or is there any tolerance about that since there are not full released games?

And what about the Zun's players sprites in Helepolis' Touhou Hou Enbu for example?
Sparen:

--- Quote from: Lefkada on March 20, 2015, 11:46:16 PM ---And what about the Zun's players sprites in Helepolis' Touhou Hou Enbu for example?

--- End quote ---
They will probably be replaced
Drake:

--- Quote from: Lefkada on March 20, 2015, 11:46:16 PM ---Even if most pepole use his players/boss sprites and other HUD stuff. Therefore all (or at least almost all) the scripts here don't respect what ZUN want? Or is there any tolerance about that since there are not full released games?
--- End quote ---
This is correct. When it comes down to distribution around the forums and such, this is generally ignored for the sake of the convenience of having resources for script creation (or because of unawareness), but if we were to truly respect ZUN's policies we shouldn't be distributing scripts with ripped resources at all, whether they're "polished" scripts or not. I highly recommend not to make use of ZUN's materials if you intend to spread a script beyond this forum and related communities, since it's indeed in violation of derivative guidelines.
Helepolis:
It is true that we as a community are or have been violating the ZUN guidelines (just like other communities, including Japanese). But that doesn't mean we should continue to do so. Based on previous years, we have been developing and creating our own content and depending less on ZUN's official data. In my opinion this is a good development. Of course, we highly discourage by default to use and publish ZUN's data. Especially if you intend to publish it to larger communities or online. If you stick to PH3's default resources and CtC resources in non commercial methods, you're safe. For beginners and leisure scripters, CtC + Ph3 is more than enough in my opinion. It becomes tricky once you start using ZUN-data. Instead of ZUN-data, try to remake it yourself. I cannot start policing and banning people for their ripping unless it entails an official request from the owners to our community. Every person is highly responsible him/herself for his/her own creation.

@Lefkada , Of course this incident doesn't exclude my recent game but that is one of the reason as Sparen said I am replacing the data. Once my game is finished I hope to contribute to the community my own ZUN-mimic'd bullet sheet but you will have to grant me some time as of obvious priorities currently.

Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version