~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Projects
Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
<< < (3/162) > >>
Kuilfrayt:
On the spreadsheet, you posted the character limit for description (which I assume extends to spells and skills). I'll try to adjust them all to fit it before sending you the spell file, but I was wondering: Is it possible to use breaks (@) to add lines and bypass the character limit or will that cause problems in formatting?
qazmlpok:

--- Quote from: kuilfrayt on August 27, 2013, 11:48:44 AM ---On the spreadsheet, you posted the character limit for description (which I assume extends to spells and skills). I'll try to adjust them all to fit it before sending you the spell file, but I was wondering: Is it possible to use breaks (@) to add lines and bypass the character limit or will that cause problems in formatting?

--- End quote ---

@ will only work for dialogue. Also that's the character limit for achievements, which takes up the entire bottom of the screen. It's not going to work for anything else.

Achievements are split into two entries. It works like some of the Gensokyo menu stuff, for example:

0084C584: enhance characters' parameters here.
0084C5B4: Use up money to

So to go down to a new line, you need to just shift text into a new entry. Everything except the actual dialogue probably works this way - if you don't see an @ anywhere around the text, presume it doesn't support it.

At this point it's better to just translate without too much concern for the space limitations. I may be able to add lines to the text, but what needs to be done for that isn't going to persist across patches, so I'm not doing anything until the game is more stable. If something doesn't fit, just translate it anyway and I'll worry about it later.
Kuilfrayt:
If I want to put normal apostrophes ('), do I have to do (\') instead? That's how it is in the Translation from LoT1 you included
qazmlpok:
No. The LoT1 translation has a lot more fancy stuff, which is why the backslashes are necessary. I don't think I'll need to add any of that, so there's no need to escape anything.
Kuilfrayt:
The last 1/2 lines left for spells: This is Sakuya's Killing Doll
007CDA40: 驚異的なダメージ倍率を誇る為、お膳立てしてやる事でケタ違いのダメージが飛び出す事も。
007CDA0C: 普通に撃つとそれなりのダメージしか出ない。

Boasts phenomenal damage scaling factor, お膳立てしてやる事でケタ違いのダメージが飛び出す事も。
Normally, the attack will do moderate damage.

I just can't get the meaning right for the last part

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ctcabal797e1gd4
Here's the classes name in the mean time, I forgot to post it earlier.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version