~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Projects
[1.6.7_03] Touhou GTA Vmod - Bosh! Yet another fix!
(1/67) > >>
DX7.EP:
You thought this project was dead? No, no, no...it just took longer than expected. :V

So without further ado, well, this was the version that would have been 1.6, but after a dispute I've opted to call this a derivative mod rather than an outright successor. Makes more sense that way as well considering the changes.
...and what of Squidtentacle's original thread and modification project? Well, considering the differences between the two I say it's another interpretation of the idea! ^^;

This requires GTA: San Andreas and a US v1.0 executable. Don't have the former? Amazon (US store linked) sells the downgradable Version 2 for cheap. Steam has it too - complete with Mac version - but the recent song removal update makes me rather uneasy about recommending this version.
The Win8.x Store version (ported from iOS and Android versions with the touchscreen and Xbox controller support, and so on) is currently unsupported but I encourage testing it out anyway if you're really curious and have free time. :V

EU executables previously have worked, but recent reports suggest the opposite.
Downgraded v2 EXEs have been noted to work. v3 downgraders do exist but the common ones make it an EU executable.

It is meant to be installed on top of a vanilla installation for best results.

Version 1 script files are also included, so those of you with v2 or v3 saves will notice that they will not work with this mod. If, after installing this mod, you find that your old saves are crashing immediately upon load, then they are v2/v3 saves and (alas, but I can't find a V2->V1 conversion method) you'll have to start the game over again.

Lastly, Windows Vista and later users must set compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) for it to work. SP3 is rumoured to work on Vista and 7, but it definitely does not for Win8 and later.

Screenshot galleries from prior development versions:
Plotline characters and missions
General gameplay
More on Steam

SAVE OFTEN! Even after mod stability tests, it can still crash unexpectedly at times (sometimes with a nice little crash report too).

Well, without further ado, enjoy the mod! ^^

ALL DOWNLOADS:
> Full Version (1.6.7_02) <
Extract the file into your GTA:SA directory, set compatibility settings for your EXE, and get going! Though if using Win8.x and not the Steam version, I'd highly advise moving the directory elsewhere first to avoid the default permissions stuff.

> Patch Version (1.6.7_03) <
For anyone with a pre-existing 1.6.7_02 installation. Check the TGTA_readme file in ReadMe folder to determine which version you have.

Important Addendum:

--- Quote from: DX7_EP on June 10, 2014, 06:03:10 AM ---A crash source in the Black Project mission has been found, in which if you were detected in the outside area, the game would crash.

This is caused by the AREA_69_ENTER2.cs file in the CLEO directory - detection would lock the doors, and this script (designed to keep the doors unlocked) does not like that. Solutions include (A) move or delete the file, or (B) slip by without getting caught. The file in question will be removed in the next patch/release.

--- End quote ---

Character Modules (optional)
For those who want to play as different characters through the plotline (similar to the alternate character versions in Squidtentacle's mod; just easier to implement and install)
These replace models/tgtaspec.img and are extracted directly from the main TGTA VMod folder.

These will be made available in the future as they are made. Older 1.6-1.6.1 ones will not work due to the changes in model pointers.
Kasumi Tani:

--- Quote from: ロケット  Copy/Fax Machines on November 30, 2011, 10:58:03 AM ---But as I am still not fully sure of who would go in the Sanae version, I'll release a beta in an incremental update instead. And once again, feel free to suggest a cast here and I'll see to it!
--- End quote ---

Well, like I said, I have played through just a first part of the game so far, so I can only suggest the roles for few characters I am familiar with.

For Sanae?s scenario I can suggest:

Sweet: Kanako
Kendl: Suwako
Caesar: Reimu, I like the idea of two miko working together ^_^

Big Smoke: Murasa
Rydar:  Ichirin
Tenpenny: Byakuren
Pulaski: Shou
Maybe with Nazrins as regular policemen ^_^
Hernandez: Kogasa

Unfortunately, it is hard for me to advice anything beyond this, as I don?t know anything about other major gangs/factions and characters.

Among potential girlfriends for Sanae, I would definitely like to see Nue (although I am not sure which potential girlfriend?s personality would suit her best). And Nitori as Michelle! And Koishi would be another possible choice, I believe.

I am currently considering possible roles for Sakuya?s scenario as well, though I am not sure such minor suggestion are of much use. But if they are, I am happy to be of help.

P.S.

It?s nice to see that your version is out, although I will probably wait until Sanae?s version is ready before I play. Just don't feel like playing as Reimu.
DX7.EP:

--- Quote from: Kasumi Tani on December 01, 2011, 07:17:36 PM ---Well, like I said, I have played through just a first part of the game so far, so I can only suggest the roles for few characters I am familiar with.

--- End quote ---
...I see. I'd suggest getting up to speed by playing the vanilla game or watching a walkthrough/LP of it. Even though I've played through the PS2 version, I still had to go back to these approaches to see what would fit better.

--- Quote ---For Sanae’s scenario I can suggest:

Sweet: Kanako
Kendl: Suwako

--- End quote ---
That works.

--- Quote ---Cesar: Reimu, I like the idea of two miko working together ^_^

--- End quote ---
Hehe, that works too though I thought of using Reimu Tenpenny >:V

--- Quote ---Big Smoke: Murasa
Ryder:  Ichirin
Tenpenny: Byakuren
Pulaski: Shou

--- End quote ---
Works for Touhou, but not for GTA. I don't see Byakuren being a corrupting bastard, and the rest in turn don't follow.

For Smoke and Ryder, I think Aya and Hatate would fit better with the other locale, as both are technically Moriyaist and are willing to cause a stir.

--- Quote ---Maybe with Nazrins as regular policemen ^_^

--- End quote ---
Funny idea, but not enough models for that :V

--- Quote ---Hernandez: Kogasa

--- End quote ---
Again, uncertain.

--- Quote ---Unfortunately, it is hard for me to advice anything beyond this, as I don’t know anything about other major gangs/factions and characters.

--- End quote ---
They, along with their respective sprays, would have to be modded too if it need be.

--- Quote ---Among potential girlfriends for Sanae, I would definitely like to see Nue (although I am not sure which potential girlfriend’s personality would suit her best). And Nitori as Michelle! And Koishi would be another possible choice, I believe.

--- End quote ---
Nitori as Michelle works, definitely, regardless of character (well, unless it's the Nitori mod :V). Koishi...definitely fits somewhere.
I'd add Aya and Kogasa as one of the pairings due to apparent relationshipping between the two by silly fans.

--- Quote ---I am currently considering possible roles for Sakuya’s scenario as well, though I am not sure such minor suggestion are of much use. But if they are, I am happy to be of help.

--- End quote ---
Well, small suggestions are suggestions nonetheless and are appreciated!

I would say, though, to focus for now on the Sanae roster.

--- Quote ---It’s nice to see that your version is out, although I will probably wait until Sanae’s version is ready before I play. Just don't feel like playing as Reimu.

--- End quote ---
Many thanks.
Flinix:
Nice to see the release to 1.6! Once I download all the files myself, may I have everyone make a vote for the torrent idea? I can create the torrent for any newcomers for faster downloading, though the choice of download source is in fact pretty good by itself (Thank you MediaFire). Let me know. Thanks everyone for the hard work!, especially you EP, now I have something new to do again. XD
DX7.EP:
As for the torrent idea:

--- Quote from: ロケット  Copy/Fax Machines on November 30, 2011, 07:32:59 PM ---Feel free to make this into a torrent - just let me know by PM or post and I'll put it up as an attachment, but if it goes dead for too long it'll be removed.

--- End quote ---

Also working on initial bits of 1.6.1 (interim update) that shows the feasibility of the modular IMG format I put in (which allows for easier and much smaller alternate-character versions)...7zipping the default one (~213MB - the character, cutscene, gang, and girlfriend models, as well as spray textures, are moved from gta3.img to a custom-made tgtaspec.img) led to a zipped size of...only 34.3MB. :o
The other plan for that version is to reduce audio-related crashing rates by recompiling a few bits.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version