Author Topic: Dangan Ronpa  (Read 2580 times)

۞RemiliaFan۞

• Demon of Despair
Dangan Ronpa
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:04:08 AM »
Who plays Dangan Ronpa here? (Not I. XD)

I don't play Dangan Ronpa, but I'm also a fan of it ... ^-^
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:09:22 AM by ۞RemiliaFan۞ »

I'm just a fan of Remilia since September 23, 2013

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Dangan Ronpa
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 05:46:05 AM »
Generally, you'd explain what the game is and provide information for everyone else that might be unfamiliar with it in the opening post.

Regardless, I've played through the first game and most of the second.

Also, NISA shows how lame they are for deciding to only release half a game. :derp:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:48:24 AM by Yoshino »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 05:50:48 AM »
Well think about it. They're releasing a relatively unknown game into a new market. Why would you release two games to introduce it instead of getting people into the series first?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 05:52:07 AM »
It's still lame to only localize half a game.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 05:57:31 AM »
Generally, you'd explain what the game is and provide information for everyone else that might be unfamiliar with it in the opening post.

Regardless, I've played through the first game and most of the second.

Also, NISA shows how lame they are for deciding to only release half a game. :derp:

because they're NISA and have released 15% of a game before, 50% is a fucking miracle.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 07:51:28 AM »
It's still lame to only localize half a game.
lol earthbound

it's okay, because no one needed the first or third game anyway.

Also getting a Vita seems like a worthwhile investment but I keep putting it off.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:56:56 AM by Noire »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »
I haven't actually played either game yet, but I'll probably pick up the Vita release if we get the PS Vita TV here. Even if we're only getting the first game, and I already know the entire plot to that and such.

Either way I have found myself enjoying the series, but am still vaguely irritated that they only now start making an English release for it once I had decided to start reading the LP/watch the anime instead. Now that I know all the plot twists and stuff it won't be the same.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »
lol earthbound

it's okay, because no one needed the first or third game anyway.
Well, the Mother series was released as separate entries.  A more appropriate comparison in this case would be if Mother 1&2 GBA was released in the west, but we only got Mother 2 during it.  Because the version of DR that's getting an official release literally was both games in one package originally.

Either way I've played the first and my boyfriend's bothering me to go read an LP of the second but I'd much rather play it myself.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 10:50:48 PM »
Either way I've played the first and my boyfriend's bothering me to go read an LP of the second but I'd much rather play it myself.
The LP is real top-notch translation but it just finished the second case and isn't worth the ~1 year long haul. Either play the game with a proper patch / english release (;-; when is this happening) or spoil yourself with passable translations, whatever makes you do it in a few sittings.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »
The LP is real top-notch translation but it just finished the second case and isn't worth the ~1 year long haul.
One year? How optimistic.
IIRC the SA translation of the first game took something stupid like two and a half years to complete and SDGRP2 is a bit longer than the first.
I mean, they've been working on it for nine and a half months and they've only just finished the second chapter, so...

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 03:11:42 AM »
Yeah, I've been trying to read past the SA LP for SDR2 since it's so slow, but all the other stuff just isn't anywhere near as enjoyable. I mean I guess I can suck it up anyway, but I'd honestly just... you know, rather play it, since I haven't been spoiled for everything on that yet. I already know the first game from start to finish now, but I'll still probably play it (or at least buy it to help tell NISA that yeah we want the other 50% they're cutting out) :V