Author Topic: thcrap doesn't detect DDC during configuration  (Read 5689 times)

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
thcrap doesn't detect DDC during configuration
« on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:58 PM »
Hello, I'm having a problem with the auto-updating patch. No matter what I do, I can't get it to patch Double Dealing Character. In fact, it can't detect the game in any directory.
[attach=1]

This is what that folder in particular looks like:
[attach=2]

Am I missing something?

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Re: thcrap doesn't detect DDC during configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »
Are you using the latest version of the patcher?

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »
I'm confident I am. I even re-downloaded the latest build from the website and tested it just to make 100% sure. Same problem.

1CC List (all shmups)

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 10:08:53 PM »
Try typing in the "Touhou" directory instead of "TH14- DDC" into the command prompt.  The patcher might be looking for a folder where the game is in, so linking it to "Touhou" may allow it to find the "TH14- DDC" folder where the exe is in.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:12:40 PM by DTM »

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
Still no. It detects every other Windows game I have installed in the folder except 14.

(Note: I have MoF saved elsewhere. Probably should move it and test it too...)
[attach=1]

EDIT: What makes it more hilarious is that 8 and 13 are trials...

EDIT 2: Now that I think about it I have issues installing the 1.00b patch too. I can't read Japanese but it never seems to do anything. I bought the game off of Playism instead of a physical release if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:39:09 PM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 10:42:14 PM »
Hm... is TH14 updated to 1.00b?  This really shouldn't matter, as thcrap is supposed to support all versions of the games (which is why it also supports the trial versions), but if it isn't, you might as well update it.

Edit:  Ninja'd  :V  That's really weird.  I'm assuming the game plays normally otherwise right? Because the only other thing I could think of is that the files may be corrupted but if it still plays normally...  Sorry I couldn't help much.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:51:57 PM by DTM »

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 10:51:17 PM »
I booted the game and it's 1.00b. I guess Playism version comes pre-updated.

I appreciate the effort. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:53:53 PM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 11:48:14 PM »
You should have mentioned that sooner. I don't think thcrap supports the Playism version yet.

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 12:00:10 AM »
Huh, that sucks.

If I may ask what is the difference between the two versions (physical vs. Playism)?

1CC List (all shmups)

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 01:19:24 AM »
I don't think there is a difference.  Just noticed that the Playism file is smaller than the disc file, so there's that.  You can try emailing the exe to submissions@thpatch.net and see what they could do.

Or, if you want to live life on the edge, you can try doing this (I haven't tried this by the way):

In the thcrap folder (wherever you installed it), there should be a file called "games.js"  Open it in a text editor and add this line :
Code: [Select]
  "th14": "C:\Users\InsertLocationOfExe\My Games\Shooters\Shmups\Touhou\TH14- DDC\th14.exe",replacing the C:\User... with the location of the th14.exe if it is different.

Next, make a copy of one of the shortcuts you already generated and open its properties (right click and hit "Properties")
In the target textbox, change the end from th** to th14

Click on that shortcut and see if you get TH14 running.  If it does, you can rename the shortcut, move it to a different folder, etc.

This may not work, but it may be worth a shot.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:31:22 AM by DTM »

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »
I had a similar problem. The search for games.js run by thcrap_configure didn't find th14.exe

First of all, thanks for this thread! I wouldn't have figured it out if DTM didn't suggest changing the games.js file

What I did to fix it was...

1. Delete any attempt I made at making the shortcut th14 (en)
If you've been trying to get it to work previously, then make sure you do this or else it might not overwrite the shortcut

2. Run thcrap_configure like normal, and make sure it has created a games.js file

3. Follow DTM's (right above this post) instruction to manually change the games.js file in notepad.
It's worth noting that when I copied the directory, the slashes were in the wrong direction (compared to the directories already in the text file). I don't know if that actually changes anything. You should probably fix it.

4. Run thcrap_configure like normal, and at the "Locating games" section type n, enter, n, enter, enter (you keep it from scanning because step 3 manually "scanned" it for DDC)
I got to this part while testing and forgot (for step 3) to put a quotation mark (") before the C: for the directory I had entered. I got this error, so I assume if you type anything bogus you will get a similar error.

JSON parsing error:
ivalid token near 'C'
(games.js, line 27, column 11)

When I got it right, I didn't get an error. That's obvious though I guess.

5. Open the new shortcut for th14 (en) and say OK.

Hope this helps anyone who has the same issue; just let me know if it doesn't work, if it does work, if I need to clarify, or whatever.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:55:45 PM by Overkillius »