Author Topic: Can't run Touhou 14's custom.exe on Mac through Wine?  (Read 1644 times)

Kip

Can't run Touhou 14's custom.exe on Mac through Wine?
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:18:51 PM »
Hi, I'll keep this question short and simple: the game itself works just fine (through Wine), but it opens in widescreen and I'd rather play at the 900 x 600 not-stretched-out resolution. The problem is that custom.exe won't open at all; it just isn't recognized when I double click on it. Any obvious fixes I could be missing? Or maybe there's another round-about way to fix the resolution without custom.exe?

Thanks!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Can't run Touhou 14's custom.exe on Mac through Wine?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »
Hi, I'll keep this question short and simple: the game itself works just fine (through Wine), but it opens in widescreen and I'd rather play at the 900 x 600 not-stretched-out resolution. The problem is that custom.exe won't open at all; it just isn't recognized when I double click on it. Any obvious fixes I could be missing? Or maybe there's another round-about way to fix the resolution without custom.exe?

Thanks!

Let me give you my config file. I still have the "Show Resolution select at startup" turned on for Wine AppDB testing purposes.

As a reminder, this goes in .wine/drive_c/users/yourname/Application Data/ShanghaiAlice/th14

Edit: Wait, you're double clicking the icon? I assume that you are therefore using Winebottler's version of Wine or a non-command line version of Wine, right? If this is the case, then not being able to open the custom.exe may be a locale issue. Just a heads up.