Author Topic: A Quest of Fire and Ice  (Read 30557 times)

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2017, 08:18:01 AM »
Yuki:

> "Unlike here, we made our way to Makai through the entrances to it, in our worlds. We didn't used something unstable or anything like those rifts."
> Drink a bit of water.

Mai:

> "People that aren't well-prepared cannot stand so much time in Makai, mainly because of it's miasma."

Yuki:

> "That's why there only live powerful beings. Training in Makai can strengthen the magic of an individual because of it's rough environment."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:01:31 AM by Tashi »
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »
Yuki:

> "Unlike here, we made our way to Makai through the entrances to it, in our worlds. We didn't used something unstable or anything like those rifts."
> Drink a bit of water.

Mai:

> "People that aren't well-prepared cannot stand so much time in Makai, mainly because of it's miasma."

Yuki:

> "That's why there only live powerful beings. Training in Makai can strengthen the magic of an individual because of it's rough environment."

> The girl nods with interest.

> "Well; now's as good a time as any to see if I can replicate it." the girl says, the deck of Zener cards moving and spreading around the table; around the orb which sits in the middle.

> Some other various items fly into the room; mostly small magical trinkets; but also a reel of red strong; which begind to unravel and connect the Zener cards in a Hexagram.

> "Book says use blood." Usemi says. "But I find anything red does the trick. Cultists always obsess over blood for some reason."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2017, 10:45:38 PM »
Yuki:

> Laugh.
> "Yeh. It would be a great opportunity to see what kind of "tricks" you can do, heh."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2017, 11:16:54 PM »
Yuki:

> Laugh.
> "Yeh. It would be a great opportunity to see what kind of "tricks" you can do, heh."

> The girl dosen't respond this time; and continues forming her magic symbol. It indeed is very similar to the one in the book; with minor changes. Mostly in the form of additional items and slight alterations to the runes inbetween the lines.

> You start to feel the magical energy gathering around the orb in the center of the table. By this point; it is glowing crimson and humming lightly.

> You can feel something moving inside your pockets.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2017, 11:21:20 PM »
Both:

> Check it out.
>> If they are our grimoires:

Yuki:

> "Huh... They are reacting to this."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2017, 11:28:00 PM »
Both:

> Check it out.
>> If they are our grimoires:

Yuki:

> "Huh... They are reacting to this."

> You both react to the movement inside your pockets.

> Indeed; your Grimoires are reacting to the ritual; as is the stone Shinki fashioned. They seem to be vibrating lightly.

> Usami glances up from the ritual for a moment when Yuki speaks.

> A moment later; the orb erupts with energy; and a portal opens. It is clearly unstable and vanishes after a few moments; the Zener Cards and string moving out of position.

> The girl lets out a deep breath.

> "Maybe the cultists use blood because it doesn't move like the string does." she jokes.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »
Yuki:

> "Why did it failed?"

Mai:

> "Maybe you are missing something."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2017, 09:52:40 PM »
Yuki:

> "Why did it failed?"

Mai:

> "Maybe you are missing something."

> "Didn't you two want me to not open portals to this 'Makai'?" Usemi asks. "The problem is probobly that the focus cannot handle the energy from the dimension. The energy spills out and puts everything out of alignment."

> The girl indicates to the sphere in the center of the room; still glowing crimson.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2017, 09:57:50 PM »
Yuki:

> "Well, we don't want you to do it if there's a way to advance in this investigation without it... but if that's not possible, then what else we can do?"

Mai:

> "Communicate this to Lady Shinki."

Yuki:

> "Oh, yeah. That can work too."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2017, 06:02:19 PM »
Yuki:

> "Well, we don't want you to do it if there's a way to advance in this investigation without it... but if that's not possible, then what else we can do?"

Mai:

> "Communicate this to Lady Shinki."

Yuki:

> "Oh, yeah. That can work too."

> "Well; the same thing repeated." Usemi said. "So I guess if what happened on your end was the same, it's the same thing."

> "You can communicate with this Shinki? From here?"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »
Yuki:

> "Uh-huh."
> Nod.
> "I think it's a great moment for that. Maybe even you can talk with her and obtain information for both sides."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2017, 10:49:35 PM »
Yuki:

> "Uh-huh."
> Nod.
> "I think it's a great moment for that. Maybe even you can talk with her and obtain information for both sides."

> "I'm not sure I'm ready to talk with a Goddess. I mean; if she offers..." Usami says sheepishly.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2017, 11:37:14 PM »
Yuki:

> "We can talk for you. Just tell us what you might want to ask and we'll tell her."

Mai:

> "Mother won't accept that."
> Close our eyes quietly.
> "If you want to talk with her, then you must do it yourself. Lady Shinki must not be treated with such disrespect as talking for someone else."

Yuki:

> "Aren't you exaggerating a bit?"

Mai:

> "I'm not."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2017, 08:36:18 PM »
Yuki:

> "We can talk for you. Just tell us what you might want to ask and we'll tell her."

Mai:

> "Mother won't accept that."
> Close our eyes quietly.
> "If you want to talk with her, then you must do it yourself. Lady Shinki must not be treated with such disrespect as talking for someone else."

Yuki:

> "Aren't you exaggerating a bit?"

Mai:

> "I'm not."

> Usemi looks confused as you two argue.

> "I'll speak if spoken to. How about that?" she says.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »
> Look at her.

Mai:

> "... I guess that can work too."

Yuki:

> "Okay, shall we do it now?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2017, 10:28:09 PM »
> Look at her.

Mai:

> "... I guess that can work too."

Yuki:

> "Okay, shall we do it now?"

> "The quicker all this gets sorted out the better. It's not nighttime all the time here; and I think people around these parts would have issues seeing someone with, you know, wings."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2017, 10:32:11 PM »
Mai:

> Seem unamused at the commentary of our gorgeous wings.

Yuki:

> "Oookay."
> Pull out the bead that Lady Shinki gave us.
> "Ready?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2017, 08:41:19 PM »
Mai:

> Seem unamused at the commentary of our gorgeous wings.

Yuki:

> "Oookay."
> Pull out the bead that Lady Shinki gave us.
> "Ready?"

> "What?" Usemi asks. "People don't have wings in this world."

> The girl's eyes immediately lock with the lightly pulseing bead; which is a swirling mass that is patterned and colored like Shinki's wings.

> "Ready." a voice from the bead says. Clearly Shinki's.

> A purple light shines from the top of the magical stone; and a magical image of Shinki; in purple; appears.

"Greetings denizins of... whatever world this is." she says in a dramatic voice. "I am Lady Shinki. I am also known as God; Kami; Devil; Satan; Mom; Mum; The Creator; The Destroyer; The Lord of Magic; the Lady of Magic; The Infinite Being..."

> Oh god she's listing all her titles. She could do this all night.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2017, 10:11:57 PM »
Yuki:

> "... Uhm... M-Mother... Didn't you said we had to channel some of our magic BEFORE being able to communicate with you...? ... Or there was something you forgot to mention...?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2017, 10:18:54 PM »
Yuki:

> "... Uhm... M-Mother... Didn't you said we had to channel some of our magic BEFORE being able to communicate with you...? ... Or there was something you forgot to mention...?"

> Shinki stops rattleing off her list. The last thing she said was 'Ahoge Princess'.

> "But I detected an infusion of Makai energy." Shinki replies. "I was just pre-occupied briefly with a portal which opened for a few moments."

> The Shinki visage looks around, and then looked at Usemi and the somewhat ruined magical ring on the table.

> "Oh. I detected the energy from the portal being opened. Which means you found the cause! Brilliant!"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2017, 11:31:37 PM »
Yuki:

> Blink a few times, before acknowledge that we did some advance!
> "O-Of course, Lady Shinki! It's a pleasure that I was able to make you happy!"

Mai:

> Resist the urges to cryo-freeze Yuki together with some english beef, but let it go.
> "... Hello, mother."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2017, 11:42:11 PM »
Yuki:

> Blink a few times, before acknowledge that we did some advance!
> "O-Of course, Lady Shinki! It's a pleasure that I was able to make you happy!"

Mai:

> Resist the urges to cryo-freeze Yuki together with some english beef, but let it go.
> "... Hello, mother."

> Shinki's visage smiles at you two; before she takes a serious face.

> "So; this is the same dimension as Gensokyo is; correct?" she says to the girl.

> "Yes. Although Gensokyo is sealed off." the girl replies.

> "Are you aware that opening dimensional portals can cause instability within space-time? If you're so desperate to go to Makai; go convince the denizens of Gensokyo to re-open the gateway please."

> The girl looks at the magical sphere.

> "So how are you connecting between here and there?"

> "Well; everything in Makai is my creation. I can interfere with dimensions as I please; because Makai is perfectly under my control. I can easily adjust to remove any potential of spacetime anomalies. Besides; it's easy when you created a tiny part of Makai and made someone else carry it."

> Shinki looks back at you two. "Oh yeah; don't worry; when you crush it it'll take you two and itself back to where it should be. You're not damaging Makai by crushing the sphere."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2017, 12:17:19 AM »
Yuki:

> "N-No need to worry, Lady Shinki! I was completely aware of that! Mai was the one that was insecure and-"

Mai:

> Calmly stand up and approach to Yuki. Pick up the sphere and freeze Yuki in place.
> "... Please continue, Lady Shinki."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2017, 10:17:01 PM »
Yuki:

> "N-No need to worry, Lady Shinki! I was completely aware of that! Mai was the one that was insecure and-"

Mai:

> Calmly stand up and approach to Yuki. Pick up the sphere and freeze Yuki in place.
> "... Please continue, Lady Shinki."

> When Yuki is frozen and as Mai attempts to reach the sphere; it suddenly flies out of the frozen Yuki's hand; before there is a cracking sound.

> A gateway to Makai opens behind Usemi; who had used her telekinesis to grab the orb and crush it.

> "I was waiting for a chance like this since you two arrived. I wanted to visit Makai but couldn't get my own gateways to open up long enough. I can't let this chance slip." the girl says; before she vanishes into the portal.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »
Mai:

> "I knew something was off. I was too confident... Darnit!"
> Focus to unfroze Yuki.

Yuki:

>> If Mai's attempt aren't effective, and if we can do something while frozen, try to cast around us some kind of flame big enough to melt the ice, but not too close to hurt us.

> Time left before the portal is closed?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2017, 08:59:51 PM »
Mai:

> "I knew something was off. I was too confident... Darnit!"
> Focus to unfroze Yuki.

Yuki:

>> If Mai's attempt aren't effective, and if we can do something while frozen, try to cast around us some kind of flame big enough to melt the ice, but not too close to hurt us.

> Time left before the portal is closed?

> You're not usually one to defrost things, [That's all Yuki's good for!], but you open your Grimoire and cast a spell from that which defrosts Yuki's upper body.

> From there; Yuki quickly melts the ice herself with a quick blast of flame.

> Perhaps a second. Maybe two if you are lucky. Usemi kinda ate up some time before she slipped through. Of course; that's assuming five seconds in Makai is the same as five seconds he...

> The portal shuts.

===

> Primary Objective Complete: Investigate the Disturbance

> New Primary Objective Added: Find a way back to Makai

[Sorry to take it a little out of hands, but this was the main premise of the quest. You've been stranded outside of Makai, and need to find a way back. There's several ways back; the most obvious one; and the one Yuki and Mai are already aware of; being the Gensokyo route. Except you're in the Human World. And the Gensokyo-Makai gateway is sealed. There are other; non-Gensokyo ways to Makai; but you'll have to find them.]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:02:25 PM by Raikaria »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2017, 09:14:21 PM »
Yuki:

> Be surprised at the sight of being isolated of our home.

Mai:

> "... She escaped."

Yuki:

> Look at Mai furiously, casting a fire attack at her.
> "What the hell was that, huh?! This is all your fault!"

Mai:

> "...?!"
> Dodge it quickly.

Yuki:

> Attack again.
> "Now your stupid pride lead us to this situation! We let an intruder to Makai!"

Mai:

> Dodge again.
> "Hmph. Are you going to rant over it? Focus on finding a way to get out of here."

Yuki:

> "WHY YOU...!"
> Cast the most powerful attack we have towards Mai.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2017, 10:55:45 PM »
Yuki:

> Be surprised at the sight of being isolated of our home.

Mai:

> "... She escaped."

Yuki:

> Look at Mai furiously, casting a fire attack at her.
> "What the hell was that, huh?! This is all your fault!"

Mai:

> "...?!"
> Dodge it quickly.

Yuki:

> Attack again.
> "Now your stupid pride lead us to this situation! We let an intruder to Makai!"

Mai:

> Dodge again.
> "Hmph. Are you going to rant over it? Focus on finding a way to get out of here."

Yuki:

> "WHY YOU...!"
> Cast the most powerful attack we have towards Mai.

[Sorry for the delay; Birthday stuff and also my Dad's]

> Mai dodges the first two fireballs, which catch the flooring alight.

> When Yuki attempts to bring out her strongest magic, she suddenly is forced to stop halfway, and begins to gasp, her spell vanishing.

> To Yuki the cause is obvious. It is a case of magical deprevation. The severe lack of magic around makes using high levels of magic difficult. A Magician [Species; not magic user] draws power from both internal and external sources, and their internal magic is akin to their blood. Without external magic; large acts of magic are dangerous; if not suicidal.

> You hear an alarm.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2017, 11:06:56 PM »
Yuki:

> Catch our breath, trying to calm down.
> "W-What now, dammit...?"

Mai:

> Can we determine from where the sound of the alarm is?
> If there is any window, peek outside.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2017, 11:12:26 PM »
Yuki:

> Catch our breath, trying to calm down.
> "W-What now, dammit...?"

Mai:

> Can we determine from where the sound of the alarm is?
> If there is any window, peek outside.

> Mai looks at Yuki without any pity at her exhausted state.

> The alarm appears to be coming from a round; white device above you. It seems to have slits in it and a flashing red light.