Author Topic: The Danganronpa Anime Is Out (Spoiler Warning For The Games)  (Read 41669 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: The Danganronpa Anime Is Out (Spoiler Warning For The Games)
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 04:05:43 AM »
Am I the only one who thought the second despair arc episode was really, really boring? It was so slow I felt like I was watching it at half speed and none of the jokes were funny (Really, rape jokes? Wow, okay). I don't like being negative and I'm hoping the plot will kick in soon, but I'm finding it really hard to care at this point. Everyone else seems to prefer this arc though, so I don't know, maybe I'm alone in this.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 05:57:55 AM »
I mean, it was pretty standard slice-of-life fare so if that's not your cup of tea then I can see why you didn't like it ?\_(ツ)_/? But I can remember at least five different plot-related points worthy of discussion, so it's not like we're just twiddling our thumbs waiting for the plot to kick in ;v

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 01:02:56 PM »
Yeah it's not the literally zero things happened, but the number of things that happened was completely disproportionate to the time it took. Maybe if the comedy was snappier and funnier I wouldn't have minded, but that was monstrously slow as well.

I think part of my problem is that it seems like we know exactly where this is headed. There have already been a couple of major twists, but a few more might renew my interest.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2016, 06:18:47 PM »
Hmmmmmm....... so we see the
Spoiler:
old dude from the future arc
then some fishy stuff going on along the side of the funny stuff today... I've seen the comments on Youtube and some theories of how the whole Despair arc might ramp up who knows I'm just still laughing because gdi Hiyoko why.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2016, 09:09:10 AM »
If you watch the post-credits scene of the Despair arc episode, you can see
Spoiler:
Fuyuhiko's sister being introduced to Hajime's class, along with the words "beginning of the twilight"...
  Next week, it's going dooowwwwwwn.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 02:18:11 PM »
If you watch the post-credits scene of the Despair arc episode, you can see
Spoiler:
Fuyuhiko's sister being introduced to Hajime's class, along with the words "beginning of the twilight"...
  Next week, it's going dooowwwwwwn.
OH SHIT SON!!!!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2016, 06:08:32 PM »
I'm only going to keep repeating how totally ecstatic I am that Despair arc is essentially the Nanami Chiaki show. God knows she was one of the most unexplained characters in the game, so I'm so happy to see her backstory-- or rather,
Spoiler:
her backstory as a human, assuming her AI form is different

Anyway, I can only expect that the upcoming episodes will revolve around
Spoiler:
the murder of Kuzuryuu's sister
, since she has shown up.

Hmmmmmm....... so we see the
Spoiler:
old dude from the future arc
then some fishy stuff going on along the side of the funny stuff today... I've seen the comments on Youtube and some theories of how the whole Despair arc might ramp up who knows I'm just still laughing because gdi Hiyoko why.

Because there's nothing that will ever stop her from being an irredeemable (yet absolutely adorable) asshole.

Spoiler:
TAYLOR SWIFTOOOOOOO

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »
I'm only going to keep repeating how totally ecstatic I am that Despair arc is essentially the Nanami Chiaki show. God knows she was one of the most unexplained characters in the game, so I'm so happy to see her backstory-- or rather,
Spoiler:
her backstory as a human, assuming her AI form is different

Anyway, I can only expect that the upcoming episodes will revolve around
Spoiler:
the murder of Kuzuryuu's sister
, since she has shown up.

Because there's nothing that will ever stop her from being an irredeemable (yet absolutely adorable) asshole.

Spoiler:
TAYLOR SWIFTOOOOOOO
Yeah...
Spoiler:
Taylor swift!.

-----------
Episode 3 Future Arc in a nutshell to me:

Spoiler:
HAHAHAHA you just got punked Hina is not dead, but Gozu is... and... THE BACK STABBER RATE IS TOO DAMN HIGH!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:13:17 PM by MewMewHeart »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
... :V

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »
... :V
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah that's how I was until the episode 3 ending.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 02:00:03 PM »
Watching now even though I should be going to work. After a complicated series of people jerking me around I thought I would have time to watch this morning but now I don't so I'm going to make time.

Spoiler:
-WHAT. Fakeouts are not fair game. That's cheap.

-GREAT GOZA NOOOOOO! I would gladly trade Asahina for him! I know apparently everyone else loves her, but I don't. She tries to get you killed for no reason waaaay too many times in the first game.

-Confirmed that thing that we basically already knew where this facility is the overseas Hope's Peak branch we've seen in the other show.

-Wow, Gekkogahara and Asahina's forbidden actions are both pretty weird. I'm foreseeing these both getting in the way when they need to save someone later but can't without sacrificing themselves. Since apparently Monokuma doesn't execute people anymore I guess it makes sense that they need a new way to off characters to keep the pace steady.

-Every Danganronpa has to have one irredeemable supertool, huh? First Byakuya, then Nagito (then Nagito again), and now this Munakata guy. So inevitably he's going to be one of the survivors.

-Kizakura says he's going to "meet up with that girl" and then the camera cuts to a closeup of Mitarai's face. Is Mitarai a reverse trap? Is he anti-Chihiro? I think he would reveal his forbidden action to Kyoko if he could, so it might be "People find out you're anti-Chihiro". Although I don't know how that would work if Kizakura already knows that.

-Did Munakata not see the first killing game? Was he not paying attention? He KNOWS Makoto's platitudes can move people to action.

-Okay, so he does know that, but he's seemingly actually insane. Has Future Foundation been knowingly following a literal maniac this whole time or did he just get this way after Chisa died? We know he's been a tool for a while, but not necessarily murderously insane.

I didn't really have any problems with this episode. The low budget didn't really shine through like it did last episode and it moved along at a nice pace. Seems like we're getting
Spoiler:
one death a week
for now, which makes sense. I assume that will get shaken up later on, but it's a logical pattern for now.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2016, 03:54:28 AM »
Despair Arc is still really failing to hold my attention. On the plus side,
Spoiler:
the murder mystery that had the potential to be really boring got swept under the rug and resolved nearly instantly. On the other hand, this episode was super slow and dull. We don't know THAT much about anything else that definitely happens though, so I guess it will be all new stuff more or less from here on out.

Also, Chiaki's narcolepsy sort of confirmed not a thing at this point? I feel like we would have had to have seen it by now.

Also, thematically I do like where this arc is going. Just not so much in the actual execution so far. I feel like a dick complaining about it since everyone else seems totoally on board, but I am not at all at this point.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2016, 05:53:27 PM »
Ok now we're getting to the meat of the Despair arc!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:54:01 PM by MewMewHeart »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2016, 02:05:35 AM »
Please animate episode 0 please animate 0 please animate dangan ronpa 0

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2016, 03:40:55 PM »
:V :V :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 03:49:20 AM »
Alright, watching this episode now.

So the opening does seem to correspond with how people have actually died so far notably. I wonder if that's a red herring? If it is to be believed, Daisaku is the only one who obviously dies of poisoning so maybe the forbidden actions won't be directly killing anyone else. Which isn't that surprising I guess, it's much more interesting to have them corner people into situations where other things kill them at this point.

Spoiler:
-Oh what the fuuuuck the chairman is a badass! Which means he's definitely going to die soon, because useful people in Danganronpa who aren't the protagonist always have to die early so they can't make things to easy.

-Hmm, in light of the flashback to Ryota getting punched I'm extra convinced he's secretly a woman.

-What's a chuusen? Is that a real thing? I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere.

-Red blood again. Still kind of caught up by that. It definitely means something since the other show has pink blood. I guess the obvious interpretation would be that this isn't a game anymore, but it is, isn't it?

-So in the opening the chairman dies from being wrapped in cables and electrocuted. If the opening is actually accurate then either this isn't actually going to kill him or it's just especially symbolic. Or has it been being updated to retroactively reflect the way people actually die? I don't remember. The way things have been going SOMEBODY has to die this episode, so it's most likely him. Maybe the opening doesn't mean anything after all.

-OH WHAT A ROBOT. THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING AND ALSO IT'S FUCKING SUPER COOL. I mean, we knew Danganronpa has super-advanced robots since Monokuma is one, but this is the first time we've actually seen a humanoid robot. I'm reminded of that weird android factory in Danganronpa 2. So this potentially means that Monomi wasn't based on Gekkogahara, but rather Gekkogahara IS Monomi. Also might explain why she doesn't walk or show her whole face, maybe the technology isn't perfect. Wow, that's super cool.

-Wait, is the villain seriously Monaca? That's super lame if so. I'm working under the assumption that she's A villain, but she isn't THE villain. I think she's being used by someone on the inside of the building.

Better and better. The action in this episode was actually not bad this time. Good shit.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2016, 06:04:15 AM »
I almost started clapping at the end.

From this episode it's pretty clear that
Spoiler:
we're going to see more FF people in Zetsubou and also that we'll have more old friends showing up in Mirai. I wouldn't be surprised if Hajime and co. show up in Mirai for the grand finale.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2016, 02:44:52 PM »
I FUCKING CALLED WHO WAS THE VILLIAN I FUCKING CALLED IT!!!
Spoiler:
It was Monaca

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2016, 07:13:37 PM »
I don't think the mastermind is
Spoiler:
Monaca, she was revealed too early. I wouldn't even be surprised if she wasn't the game's killer. Either way, I'm really excited to see how she'll play into the story.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2016, 08:18:56 PM »
I don't think the mastermind is
Spoiler:
Monaca, she was revealed too early. I wouldn't even be surprised if she wasn't the game's killer. Either way, I'm really excited to see how she'll play into the story.
To be honest now that I think about it you and a few others might be right... something is off about that reveal...

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2016, 10:56:21 PM »
The mastermind is probably
Spoiler:
the second Junko AI
with
Spoiler:
Mitarai
as the traitor...I think.
Spoiler:
With how quickly she was revealed, Monaca is probably a third party who messes with crimes scenes for fun since robots don't sleep.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2016, 01:40:05 AM »
The mastermind is probably
Spoiler:
the second Junko AI
with
Spoiler:
Mitarai
as the traitor...I think.
Spoiler:
With how quickly she was revealed, Monaca is probably a third party who messes with crimes scenes for fun since robots don't sleep.
Spoiler:
I almost forgot about the second Junko AI
.... also...
Spoiler:
Mitarai
as the traitor oh boy I would be spitting up my food if that was the case but then again
Spoiler:
his actions and reactions when Kyoko asked him questions seem to be starting to look that way.
Spoiler:
Hrm... so Monaca might become another Nagito?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2016, 01:56:58 AM »
My number one suspect for the ultimate mastermind is still
Spoiler:
Chisa. I think she killed herself on behalf of the Despair faction knowing full well that it would make Kyosuke go nuts. As for who the actual killer is, it could be Miaya, or it might be someone outside of the core group.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2016, 05:54:05 PM »
Seiko is like, my favorite character out of the new cast right now.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 06:11:33 PM »
Seiko is like, my favorite character out of the new cast right now.
I like Seiko's design very well... hmm...
Spoiler:
you think in the despair arc they might show how both the candy girl and blacksmith got expelled due to Seiko?

KrackoCloud

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2016, 08:33:13 PM »
I like Seiko's design very well... hmm...
Spoiler:
you think in the despair arc they might show how both the candy girl and blacksmith got expelled due to Seiko?
Spoiler:
Have you seen the latest despair arc episode?

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2016, 06:43:20 AM »
Spoiler:
goddamnit nagito

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2016, 01:33:41 PM »
Spoiler:
Have you seen the latest despair arc episode?
Oh you mean episode 4 is out? Ah let me go watch it now.

Edit: Repeating what Plastic Vortex said,
Spoiler:
godddamn it Nagito
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 02:26:45 PM by MewMewHeart »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2016, 01:04:43 AM »
It took me forever to get around to watching the fourth Despair Arc episode because frankly I've been really bored it so far, but this episode was the best one yet by a lot in my opinion.

Spoiler:
-Are we supposed to recognize that dog from somewhere? What was up with that dog?

-Like everyone, I came away from this episode really liking Seiko. She was one of the cooler characters in the Future arc anyway, but seeing her backstory is definitely interesting.

-That huge cast has been really going to waste so far for the most part. I'm here for The Impostor, and he's gotten like two lines so far! Oh well, I feel like an Impostor episode is fairly likely, so hopefully I'll get my fill later.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2016, 11:20:02 PM »
Episode 5 is out for the future arc.... and

Spoiler:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK SEIKO WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -goes to sob in a corner- Also I think commandercool was onto something about Munkata being a major nutjob... I have a feeling he killed Seiko... due to he had her medicine at the end. Also Monaca is now basically another Nagito confirmed to me...minus the luck.

Oh and found out the schedule for both arcs Future arc comes out on Mondays while Despair arc comes on Thursdays.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:43:45 PM by MewMewHeart »