Author Topic: [RO] Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!  (Read 99007 times)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 04:17:13 AM »
With the exception of my Geneticist, who is wearing a tax title, and my SinX, who is the guildleader, all my characters have the title of 'Voice in Silence' so you can tell if they're me. If you see anyone on with that title, and you need something (like an alt moved out of the newbie title, or you want to volunteer for exp taxes, or want me to jump on another character and join you for any purpose.

Whenever I log in, I really don't do anything serious but putz around for a while and chat with everyone, so I'd be more than willing to set aside whatever I'm doing - probably gathering up ginormous mobs just so I can see how big I can get 'em - and help you with anything.

The title 'Token Black Man' is my friend and neighbor - his main is Kaz Smith, but lately he's working on his Alchemist. He is the second guy to go to if you need a title swap - he knows my account info and can jump on to change it around. I haven't yet had an opportunity to tell him he's allowed to, though, so gimme a day or so, until I bump into him again :D

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2010, 06:44:49 AM »
Ok, I think I have it working, save for the fact that I'm getting .dll issues D:

I honestly want to cry ;-; I need your halp~! :ohdear:

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2010, 06:48:18 AM »
Xmas event going on right now. Go to Lutie and all the way to the north is an NPC called GM Faustus. He'll give a new quest each day to the 25th. A quest is only good for one day based on server's time @time.

Day 2 quest: Talk to Faustus while wearing a Santa Hat (I'll leave some in guild storage). Deliver coal to naughty kids in 10 towns. Use /where to see your current coordinates. Here are the locations of the 10 kids.

einbroch 261.164 for naughty kid
[22:26] <Kiro> gonryun 107,153
[22:29] <Kiro> hugel 115,61
[22:30] <Kiro> lightelhazen 255,240
[22:31] <Kiro> louyang 289,120
[22:33] <Kiro> manuk 202,135
[22:34] <Kiro> payon 234,196
[22:36] <Kiro> yuno, 233,141
[22:40] <Kiro> ayothaya 114,161
[22:41] <Kiro> jawaii 110,186

You don't get anything after this Day 1 quest. You gotta do 2, 4, or all 5 before you'll get something. Details are at http://forums.essencero.com/topic/41860-essencero-christmas-event/page__pid__388099__st__0&#entry388099

Edit: Tear, join the IRC channel and we can walk you through your issues. irc.ppirc.net, #ROmeido

Edit #2: Fixed a few errors.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:13:45 AM by Kiro »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2010, 06:56:11 AM »
hey guys if you read

TSO's makin an RO server!

77/77/99

i am so excite.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:33:53 PM by TranceHime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 07:05:31 PM »
TSO? Our TSO?

Hell yeah.
Gamers are preparing, please wait warmly.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:07:56 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »
So, a well established, popular, up-to-date server, full with events and stuff, or a MotK server.

Really?

Definitely not moving. Why even bother. We already have a guild there for MotK, with like 5-8 active members, and that's it. No-need for server for that imo. :/

[matsuri]Way to be supportive. :/[/matsuri]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:18:15 PM by Satori Komatsuri »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »
pffff why should I move when I can go on both B)

I'm already making a name for myself on EssenceRO despite only having been there for like a week? Yeah.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 04:48:25 PM »
pffff why should I move when I can go on both B)

These words are the truth, I'd wager even Eiki would agree on this.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2010, 08:07:33 AM »
Apparently the Mental Swap skill for Lifs is horribly horribly wrong.

I have it maxed out, and it's not lasting 5 minutes and then taking 25 minutes to recast - it's more like staying at level one. Maybe it'll resolve itself into the level 3 version when I log back in, but for now it's a bit wonky.

What you SHOULD get getting from this post is GODDAMMIT ESI WHY DO YOU NEED THREE CREATORS DO YOU ENJOY WASTING LITERALLY 910 MINUTES PER HOMUNCULUS JUST TO EVOLVE THEM WHAT THE HELL MAN
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 08:09:47 AM by Breadifex »

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
What you SHOULD get getting from this post is GODDAMMIT ESI WHY DO YOU NEED THREE CREATORS DO YOU ENJOY WASTING LITERALLY 910 MINUTES PER HOMUNCULUS JUST TO EVOLVE THEM WHAT THE HELL MAN

And then Homunculus S comes out, and you have to make 5 more. :V

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2010, 08:20:47 PM »
Well, thanks to a friend from a hamachi channel I'm in(I made said channel in fact), i was able to get everything working.
If you see a guy named Eiji Komatsu running around Morroc, it's me.
I'm gonna roll Thief -> Assassin.

Edit: ..Or Payon/Old Payon...or anywhere for that matter.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:59:34 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 12:12:47 AM »
I haven't played Ragnarok in a long time. I'd always start a class, play with it for a few days, then reroll and repeat.  I'll probably start playing again soon. The ones I kinda liked the most were Knights, Crusaders, Assassins, Alchemist, and the Taekwon classes.

I thought that the Taekwon Classes are too restricting. The only 10(I think that's the number) Taekwon Kids can be Taekwon Rankers which triples their HP and SP and the can spam kicks. I think it would be better if it were complete 100 Taekwon missions instead of being in the top 10 Taekwon Rankers. And most of abilities of Star Gladiators/ Taekwon Masters only works on 3 maps, days, or monster/player class. So most of the time it feels like you're playing as a Taekwon kid instead of a Star Gladiator. Though those are the classes I played and seen the least so I don't know how they compare to the other classes.

The last time I stopped playing was before the 3rd classes were introduced. Do I have to reborn again to get those or is the method different?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2010, 09:45:30 AM »
I thought that the Taekwon Classes are too restricting. The only 10(I think that's the number) Taekwon Kids can be Taekwon Rankers which triples their HP and SP and the can spam kicks. I think it would be better if it were complete 100 Taekwon missions instead of being in the top 10 Taekwon Rankers. And most of abilities of Star Gladiators/ Taekwon Masters only works on 3 maps, days, or monster/player class. So most of the time it feels like you're playing as a Taekwon kid instead of a Star Gladiator. Though those are the classes I played and seen the least so I don't know how they compare to the other classes.

I used to play a Taekwon Ranker in the Japanese RO servers, I believe I had about 2500+ points before I stopped playing. No doubt I'd have been overtaken by now, but still, it's funny. As for SG, SG is excellent for destroying specific powerful mobs in high-level dungeons. A classic example are Kasas in thor_v01 and thor_v03.

A Soul Linked SG with the appropriate skills set for thor_v01, Kasa, and a specific day, can cause massive amounts of damage to the powerful mobs. I'd be racking up a dps of well over 4000 per hit, I don't remember but it's pretty high, and it tore through the 80k pretty quickly.

The last time I stopped playing was before the 3rd classes were introduced. Do I have to reborn again to get those or is the method different?

There are two possible ways to get to 3rd class:

NOVICE --> 1-1 --> 2-1/2-2 --> 3-1/3-2
or
NOVICE --> 1-1 --> 2-1/2-2 --> NOVICE HIGH --> 1-1 HIGH --> 2-1/2-2 TRANS --> 3-1/3-2

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2010, 02:31:41 PM »
I heard it's possible to change the SG's SLS, is it hard to do that?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2010, 03:27:08 PM »
I heard it's possible to change the SG's SLS, is it hard to do that?

On EssenceRO, there are two NPCs that allow you to reset the SG's maps.

One is in Old Payon (main town) and the other is in Prontera. The one in Old Payon is in the left side, near the center, and the one in Prontera is close to the Weapon Shop. Oh, before I forget, you can only reset once every 12 hours.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »
I'm on EssenceRO as Bazette (Champion), Didgeridoo (High Wizard), or Layers (Merchant of some sort; haven't decided if I'm going smith or alchemist).  If you see me online and need help with something, let me know.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »
Melee Super Novice card loadout!

WPN :: Injustice / (Bloody Knight or Turtle Gen) / Skel Worker x2
SHL :: ??
GARMENT :: Kasa
ARMOR :: ??
HEADGEAR1 :: ??
HEADGEAR2 :: ??
HEADGEAR3 :: ??
ACC1 :: Gazeti
ACC2 :: Greatest General

General premise: Autocast the shit out of everything while AA'ing, LV5 Call Spirits proc to amplify AA damage and SB damage.
Don't need INT when you're autocasting off 190+ ASPD. :)

Rate?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2010, 05:23:14 PM »
Could be a fun setup to play. I assume you need the rest of the Angelic Set? Cuz man, the bonus from the Angelic Dagger is beast now that I read it. I have some of the mufflers, shields, and shoes. Don't have headgear or robes.

Shields = Go with the racial cards.
Maybe Incubus/Succubus combo for head/armor? Or you could go Vanberk and Porcellio/Venatu card (if you want some crit).
Accessory = Toss in a Marine Sphere to switch for mobs?
Weapon = Looks alright. I assume you didn't want the Wind Ghost cuz JT will push the mob away. If you can get it, maybe a Garm Baby card.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 12:59:35 AM »
Could be a fun setup to play. I assume you need the rest of the Angelic Set? Cuz man, the bonus from the Angelic Dagger is beast now that I read it. I have some of the mufflers, shields, and shoes. Don't have headgear or robes.

Shields = Go with the racial cards.
Maybe Incubus/Succubus combo for head/armor? Or you could go Vanberk and Porcellio/Venatu card (if you want some crit).
Accessory = Toss in a Marine Sphere to switch for mobs?
Weapon = Looks alright. I assume you didn't want the Wind Ghost cuz JT will push the mob away. If you can get it, maybe a Garm Baby card.

Nope, I have the complete set, including the Ring and Necklace of Youth, increasing my HP to 15k and my SP to 1.3k.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
I can't find the Hats Online link :C

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2011, 12:43:29 AM »
I can't find the Hats Online link :C

It's in the news forum, bro.

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2011, 06:37:24 PM »
...I think I know what kinds of elemental weapons I'll be smithing for a while, given my chosen iron farming spot.  :V

(HatRO)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2011, 08:45:29 AM »
publicly laying down my intended High Wizard stat and gear loadout for those reasonably new to the game looking for a Wizard experience ::

LV99/70

STR :: 1 +3 = 4
AGI :: 1 +8 = 9
VIT :: 52 +5 = 57
INT :: 86 +19 = 115 +(10Bless) = 125
DEX :: 99 +26 = 125 +(10Bless/10DexFood) = 145
LUK :: 1 +3 = 4

HP - 8619
SP - 2654

base
MATK w/o Bless = 397~658
MATK w/ Bless = 447~777

WEP :: Quadruple Dextrous Rod (4x Drops)
UHed :: Apple of Archer (try Evolved AoA if available) or Tiara of Gemstone (Mistress)
MHed :: Robo Eye (costs 2500 P in Kafra Cash Shop, 2.5m)
LHed :: whatever you want
SHL :: Excellent Orleans' Server (Andre Egg)
ARM :: Orleans' Robe of Ares (Peco Peco)
GRM :: Strange Wool Scarf (Aliot)
SHS :: Choose Superior Tidal Shoes +9/10 (Antique Firelock) or Fledged Tidal Shoes (Verit)
ACC1 :: Nimble Gloves (Zerom)
ACC2 :: Nimble Orleans' Gloves (Zerom)

The aim of this build is purely for MvP shenanigans, this won't work as well in PvP and it can serve some use in the WoE scene, however, in WoE, this build lacks a lot of versatility due to having no STR to carry consumables and food items with. At 145 DEX alongside the bonuses to cast time granted by Orleans' combo, even though you still lose about 5% overall cast time, you can very much reach an insta-cast. There will be virtually no delay if you have a Bragi slave or a Bard to Bragi you with.  Your role in the party is to provide AoE and crowd control support, so you will focus on trying to get these skills:

Meteor Storm
Storm Gust
Quagmire
Ice Wall
Safety Wall

If you want to, you can also opt to get Lord of Vermillion, but this skill is quite situational, as Blind is not as useful as Stun and/or Freeze. Even if you may find mobs weak to Wind, LoV does not provide team contribution as much as the two Storm magicks do. Furthermore, you will lose precious skill points for other skills you may want, like Amplify Magic Power. Furthermore, if you want to be WoE viable, Ganbantein is a must in order to get rid of Land Protector and other various magicks. You also want Lv5 Water Ball to be WoE viable. Anyway, this is pretty straightforward. The cards chosen for the armors are basically to increase Wizard survivability. I've seen a lot of Crusaders on Hats Online pick GCsader builds now this is fine and dandy as a crusader and feel free to yell at me but please when you reach Paladin I want you to be more tanky than this Wizard build. OTL

Errata

i compeltely forgot that Hats Online has Gym Passes available disregard everything I said about STR

i suck dicks
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:49:54 AM by TranceHime »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »
...I think I know what kinds of elemental weapons I'll be smithing for a while, given my chosen iron farming spot.  :V

(HatRO)
Plz to be making elemental damascuses /o

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »
Well TSO, if you need 'em on Essence, I can provide.
All I need is Oridecon and Zircon, the rest I can get myself, like steel and hammers for the forging.
(For the life of me, I can't remember how I got that one Zircon. :ohdear:)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2011, 05:40:19 AM »
Don't think TSO has joined us on EssenceRO - she's busy running Hats.

Also, use the @whodrops command to find out where to farm for whatever materials you need.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »
Well, if TSO ever does, I'm the guy to ask for non-improved elemental damascuses....damascus's....dama...
Say, what's the plural for damascus anyhow?  ???
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2011, 01:41:12 PM »
THE DEPRESSING ASSASSIN CROSS GUIDE

Hi dudes have you ever wanted to make an assassin I know I did

my first assassin ever was so kick ass it was the best CRITSIN EVER

oh wait those only work in PvE Q_Q BUT WHO CARES THEY'RE AWESOME and they can work in PvP if your opponents are NOOBS roflroflrofl

Fun fact: assassin crosses have the 3rd highest HP mod next to fucking LKs (#1) and Paladins (#2) - what the eff, Gravity?

ok here is the stat build.

LV99/70

STR - 61
AGI - 98
VIT - 1
INT - 1
DEX - 37
LUK - 67

What the fuck is this shit you ask WHY ONLY 37 DEX

hey guess what idiot criticals don't miss lololol. We capitalize here on insane crit rate, note that 100 Crit IS NOT 100% crit rate because enemies have an innate luck and perfect dodge stat!!

OK here is the equipment you will be needing!!!

Weapon: Specialty Jur +10 w/ 3x Soldier Skel + 1x Doppelganger
Headgear: +9 Lunatic Hat for Upper is a MUST. Lower and Mid headgear your choice!!
Armor: +9 Pantie w/ Ancient Mimic WHY? because of LUK --> AGI conversion... duh...
Garment: +9 Undershirt w/ Raydric
Shoes: +9 whatever slotted shoes w/ Antique Firelock
Both Accessories: Ring w/ Mantis

Wow sounds tough to get right? GOOD LUCK WITH SLOTTING THOSE PANTIES AND UNDERSHIRTS BUT IT'S WELL WORTH IT

HERE ARE THE FINAL STATISTICS

HP: 8548
SP: 563
DEF: 37
MDEF: 3
HIT: 137, but irrelevant with complete build
FLEE: 270 + 14 pd
CRITICAL: 104, but can be raised to 122 if you put a Soldier Skel instead of a Doppelganger BUT YOU WANT MOAR ASPD
ASPD: 178.8 base, raised to 182.3 w/ Awakening, raised to 183.5 w/ Berserk

Well duhh you want:

Double Attack max
Increase Dodge max
RHM max
LHM max
Katar Mastery max
Advance Katar Mastery max
EDP max

that's it for core you can get whatever you want after LOL

by the way if you're too pussy to get a Specialty Jur from Eremes you can opt for a normal Jur instead but then you lose out on the Doppelganger. Deal w/ no ATK speed, otherwise if you REALLY want the Doppel you need to sacrifice like 20 crit and THAT SUCKS

your main role in a party is to provide substandard DPS by critting the fuck out of anything that comes your way

here are some damage tests against tough mobs.

DPS versus Abysmal Knight - 4856
DPS versus Banshee - 5546
DPS versus Acidus - 4811
DPS versus Baphomet - 4377
DPS versus Ice Titan - 5058 (Fun Fact: Criticals IGNORE DEFENSE LOL)
DPS versus Fallen Bishop Hibram - 5557

THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS

Critsin is fucking awesome :]

Matsuri

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
I decided that I'm going for scholar when I start playing.

any wizards wanna meet up in pvp so we can team up and water ball everyone? :>

we can kill the critsins before they can even get to us :*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:53:39 PM by Satori Komatsuri »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »
trance and i presents

depressing ro class guides

SO YOU'RE PLAYING RO AND YOU WANT TO CHOOSE A CLASS. WELL GOOD FOR YOU ASSHOLE BECAUS WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU CHOOSE YOUR JUICY ASSHOLE OF CHOICE.

ASSASSIN CROSS (WHAT ARE YOU, A FUCKING PINOY NOOB? GET THE FUCK OUT)

STALKERS (HURR HURR I COPY STORM GUST AND PRANCE AROUND LIKE A WANNABE WIZARD HURR HURR)

CHAMPION (ASURA STRIKE PO! WHY MY CAST TIME SO SLOW? OMG HAX HE KILLED ME BEFORE I COULD ASURA HIM)

PRIESTS (GOOD LUCK GETTING XP SOLOING IF YOU'RE A FULL SUPPORT. MAYBE YOU SHOULD REROLL.)

HIGH WIZARDS (sory i put all my points in aoes lol)

SCHOLARS (GIVE ME MY FUCKING SP BITCH! PUT THE LAND PROTECTOR THERE ASSHOLE)

PALADINS (GRANDCROSSGRANDCROSSGRANDCROSSGRANDCROSS)

LORD KNIGHTS (PURE BOWLING BASH BUILD IS GREAT YOU GUISE)

BIOCHEMISTS (TAKE YOUR PICK OF AD MVPING OR MAKING POTIONS BECAUSE YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING ELSE. WHAT? GRAVITY NERFED MVP VIT? LOL)

WHITESMITH (SMITHING? LOLOLOL YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO DO REFINING AND/OR BATTLE ANYWAY)

What about expanded classes?