Author Topic: Sanae Quest (Part 5)  (Read 52178 times)

Re: Sanae Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #780 on: June 08, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
> How does Madotsuki seem to be reacting?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #781 on: June 08, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »
> How does Madotsuki seem to be reacting?

> She doesn't seem very scared.  Is it because Momiji isn't a bird tengu?

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #782 on: June 08, 2011, 04:44:21 PM »
> Continue to listen to Momiji.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #783 on: June 08, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »
> Continue to listen to Momiji.

> You continue to listen as Momiji briefly explains to Madotsuki about competition between newspapers.  After she explains this, she stops talking.  Looks like she's explained all she feels she needs to.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #784 on: June 08, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »
> "Speaking of newspapers, have you seen Aya or Hatate around?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #785 on: June 08, 2011, 05:00:15 PM »
> "Speaking of newspapers, have you seen Aya or Hatate around?"

> "Hatate is in the city right now," Momiji says, "And I believe Aya went to the village near the Bamboo Forest."

> _

« Reply #786 on: June 08, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »
> "Hey, Mado, do you want to meet either one of them? You sort of met Aya already, but I can ring Hatate up any time..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #787 on: June 08, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
> "Hey, Mado, do you want to meet either one of them? You sort of met Aya already, but I can ring Hatate up any time..."

> "Either is fine..."

> _

« Reply #788 on: June 08, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »
> "Okay, thanks for talking with us, Momiji. You're probably busy with work, so we won't keep you much longer." Bow to Momiji.
> Start wandering through the village, picking up a copy of the Bunbunmaru and the Kakashi along the way. Point out any interesting sights to Madotsuki while making our way to the exit closest to the Kappa village.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #789 on: June 08, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »
> "Okay, thanks for talking with us, Momiji. You're probably busy with work, so we won't keep you much longer." Bow to Momiji.
> Start wandering through the village, picking up a copy of the Bunbunmaru and the Kakashi along the way. Point out any interesting sights to Madotsuki while making our way to the exit closest to the Kappa village.

> Momiji bows in return.  "It was a pleasure seeing you."  She promptly turns and heads back to her post.
> You, Kogasa, and Madotsuki continue wandering through the village.  Along the way, you pick up a copy of the Bunbunmaru and the Kakashi, and point out different buildings and landmarks to Madotsuki along the way.  As you make your way towards the east exit, Madotsuki is starting to look a little less nervous around the tengu, but that's probably because there are more wolf tengu than there are bird tengu around the outskirts...

> _

« Reply #790 on: June 08, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »
> Has the rain let up yet?
> "So, what do you think, so far? The tengu aren't bad, though they're a bit nosey." Show her the newspapers to illustrate.
> What're the headlines for the newspapers?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #791 on: June 08, 2011, 05:25:32 PM »
> Has the rain let up yet?
> "So, what do you think, so far? The tengu aren't bad, though they're a bit nosey." Show her the newspapers to illustrate.
> What're the headlines for the newspapers?

> It's drizzling now.
> "It's nice..."
> You show Madotsuki the newspapers.  The headline for the Kakashi is something about the library in the village getting some new computers from the city, and the Bunbunmaru's headline is about the new confectionary.

> _

« Reply #792 on: June 08, 2011, 05:34:06 PM »
> "Oh, hey, Aya wrote something about the place Monoe works at!"
> Read the article out loud.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #793 on: June 08, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »
Poor Momiji, stuck doing the same things in her dreams as she does when she's awake.

« Reply #794 on: June 08, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »
She must really like what she does for a living. Though, we should definitely introduce her to some power armor or something...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #795 on: June 08, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
> "Oh, hey, Aya wrote something about the place Monoe works at!"
> Read the article out loud.

> "Really?"  Kogasa and Madotsuki look over your shoulder as you read the article out loud.

> Very recently, a newcomer to the village has opened up Charlotte's Confectionary, which sells a variety of sweets and baked goods.  The owner and namesake, Charlotte, went straight from the rush of the city to the quiet village in hopes of putting down roots there.  When asked why, she replied,

"City life is exciting, but after a while it really gets to you.  I was looking for a less crowded place, where it might be a little easier for people to notice this place."

The confectionary doubles as a bakery, which may cause some competition with the local coffee shop, which has been around for much longer and also sells baked goods, as well as tea, something that might hurt the confectionary's sales.  Still, the owner's strategic placement of the shop and enthusiasm may prove to overcome the odds.

> _

« Reply #796 on: June 08, 2011, 06:16:56 PM »
> "We should try that place out around lunch time..."
> Fold up the newspapers and put them away.
> "Hm... want to see if you can fly, Mado?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #797 on: June 08, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »
> "We should try that place out around lunch time..."
> Fold up the newspapers and put them away.
> "Hm... want to see if you can fly, Mado?"

> You're going to have to go there for lunch...
> "Even though it's sweets?" Kogasa giggles.
> You fold up the newspapers and put them away.  Time to see if Madotsuki can fly.
> "Um, okay..."

> _

« Reply #798 on: June 08, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
> "Well... we can't really throw you off a cliff and hope that you start flying... You said you used an 'effect' to fly?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #799 on: June 08, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »
> "Well... we can't really throw you off a cliff and hope that you start flying... You said you used an 'effect' to fly?"

> "Ahaha..."  Madotsuki laughs nervously at the idea of being thrown off a cliff.  "I don't have any of the effects anymore, though..."

> _

« Reply #800 on: June 08, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »
> "Oh... hm... so tell me about the effects, then. What were they, exactly? What did they let you do? How did you get them?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #801 on: June 08, 2011, 07:19:21 PM »
> "Oh... hm... so tell me about the effects, then. What were they, exactly? What did they let you do? How did you get them?"

> "Um, that's kind of a broad topic...They're things I picked up that gave me abilities like flying, breathing underwater, becoming invisible, stopping things in place, conjouring snow and rain, or just aesthetics, stuff like that I guess...I can't remember how I got them anymore."

> _

« Reply #802 on: June 08, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
> "Wow, that's a pretty wide range of abilities... 'things you picked up'? Like, dunno, items or foci?"
> If it was something like an item or a costume... Hm~...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #803 on: June 08, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »
> "Wow, that's a pretty wide range of abilities... 'things you picked up'? Like, dunno, items or foci?"
> If it was something like an item or a costume... Hm~...

> "Yeah, the witch ability gave gave me a cloak, hat, and broom, and I'd turn into a yuki-onna to make snow, or put on a hat and scarf...I'd get them from people, or I'd pick them up from the ground."
> Items and costumes, huh...

> _

« Reply #804 on: June 08, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »
> :3
> "I have an idea... but we might not want to do it in the middle of town. How about we show you the waterfalls?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #805 on: June 08, 2011, 07:36:32 PM »
> :3
> "I have an idea... but we might not want to do it in the middle of town. How about we show you the waterfalls?"

> Hee hee~
> "Eh?  O-okay..."

> _

« Reply #806 on: June 08, 2011, 07:57:18 PM »
> "Let's go, then!"
> Scoop Madotsuki up, and fly carefully, underneath Kogasa, to the waterfalls.
> As a shrine maiden of Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama, do we have any special abilities not associated with our own divine heritage, or our power over miracles? Is the purification thing something we learned as a shrine maiden?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #807 on: June 08, 2011, 08:03:12 PM »
> "Let's go, then!"
> Scoop Madotsuki up, and fly carefully, underneath Kogasa, to the waterfalls.
> As a shrine maiden of Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama, do we have any special abilities not associated with our own divine heritage, or our power over miracles? Is the purification thing something we learned as a shrine maiden?

> You pick up Madotsuki, and fly towards the waterfall with Kogasa.
> You think about whatever abilities you have that aren't associated with your divine heritage or power over miracles.  The purification abilities were definitely learned on your own, being a shrine maiden.  Honestly, purification--and flight, because this is Gensokyo after all--would be your only ability if you weren't Suwako-sama's descendent.

> _

« Reply #808 on: June 08, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
> When we get to the waterfall, find a nice spot to set down, with plenty of room and protection from the rain.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #809 on: June 08, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »
> When we get to the waterfall, find a nice spot to set down, with plenty of room and protection from the rain.

> When you, Madotsuki, and Kogasa reach the waterfall, you take shelter from the rain under a grove of trees.  A few meters away, the river froths madly as it rushes over the edge of the cliff.  The sound of the rain is overshadowed by the roar of the waterfall.

> _