Author Topic: To all you capitalist pigdogs complaining about the glorious theme  (Read 19885 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: To all you capitalist pigdogs complaining about the glorious theme
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »
Well, communists can't be pigdogs, that's reserved for the capitalists.

Furthermore, this is a joke forum that is the home to jokes and other non-serious things.  The fact that the theme was changed lends further credence to the joke nature of this board.  The reaction of the staff, a hand-wave and "calm down", is more than sufficient.  The fact that some posters have such outrageous reactions to the change is not the fault of the staff but rather the poster themselves.  There exist several workarounds mentioned as alternatives in various threads, and likely more exist throughout the internet. 

Besides, demanding treatment more equal than those of the proletariat is not the Communist way :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
The thing is, the angry people were serious
Shows people's true nature, becoming all serious over this.

I liked how some people started demanding: "CHANGE IT NOW YOU FUCKS, ELSE I AM OUTA HERE".

Seriously now.

The point I'm trying to make here is: once you have this anger out there, you need to actually take it seriously and deal with it. Joking about peoples' anger to their faces makes it worse.
Since when the hell CPMC became a serious forum where we cannot have fun at certain times?

You know what this whining reminds me of? A group of people going to an amusement park where one person keeps whining about how this amusement park sucks.

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »
Shows people's true nature, becoming all serious over this.

I liked how some people started demanding: "CHANGE IT NOW YOU FUCKS, ELSE I AM OUTA HERE".

Seriously now.
Since when the hell CPMC became a serious forum where we cannot have fun at certain times?

People didn't really like drastic change that happened suddenly. I wasn't really angry. Actually, pretty amused. Its the freakin internet. Nothing is ever serious.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
The reaction of the staff, a hand-wave and "calm down", is more than sufficient.

Calling attention to the complaints with a thread vaguely insulting those complaining about it and with an empty stock response of "deal with it" is not a hand-wave and "calm down." Nor is there a follow-up segment in that post with a more serious response to the complaints or a hint of that hand-wave and 'calm down.'

Muffin does have a point about fueling irrational anger being a bad idea. Even if it's just recognizing the complaint and saying "Sorry, no dice," showing some understanding of it even if you disagree is a good idea.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 10:18:34 AM »
No, in my experience, "taking the anger seriously", when it's over something as trivial as the color scheme of a joke forum, is a very bad idea. It teaches that it's OK to blow up over something that petty. People who go over the top in their reactions to things, generally speaking, are not the people the site needs to bend over backwards for. Just like anywhere else in life. Other folks who don't enjoy the colors very much - among them Esifex, dustyjo and theshim - have managed to show a sense of humor. The community here as a whole is capable of having a relaxed atmosphere without having to shift into Committee Mode over every little thing.

In short, yes, sometimes you do need to tell people to lighten up. Sometimes validating their temper tantrums by "taking it seriously" is a terrible idea.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 10:27:13 AM »
I would like to point out that there has not been one single post in the proper place to discuss website issues.  Not a single one of you took even the slightest effort to lodge a complaint in a sensible and reasonable fashion using the proper outlets.  To me, this shows a lack of respect.

Furthermore, as it was stated multiple times, the theme change is and was a joke and the Communist theme is and was kept up in spite of that.  "Deal with it" is a reasonable response, especially considering the level of vitriol that was being spit around by some users.  In McCarthy's day being called a Capitalist pigdog would hardly be considered an insult, and now it's taboo to mention? 

Muffin's point about fueling irrational anger is flawed since it is dealing with anger that is, in fact, irrational.  With anger that has no rationale to it, then is no one true effective method to deal with it.  Once again, the user that has become irrationally angry at a theme change is at fault; the fact that they would get even angrier at being told to calm down only lends further credence to that theory.

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »
Anger is hard to please. This thread is not supposed to be taking with a grain of salt (or less). People who get riled up over something that was supposed to be comedic do no belong here. As serious is "suspended into glittery magic." How much more simple can this explanation ever get?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 01:02:19 PM »
Oh my God it's a goddamn joke.  Why the hell does there have to be a fucking crisis everytime we try to have a little fun?

No we don't have to take the anger seriously.  It's called being a bad sport.  Like this is seriously going to be the permanent theme and like we seriously mean to insult people when we say things like Capitalist pigdogs.

Grow up ffs.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »
no fun allowed

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 01:24:28 PM »
Oh my God it's a goddamn joke.  Why the hell does there have to be a fucking crisis everytime we try to have a little fun?

No we don't have to take the anger seriously.  It's called being a bad sport.  Like this is seriously going to be the permanent theme and like we seriously mean to insult people when we say things like Capitalist pigdogs.

Grow up ffs.

I'M TOO RICH TO GROW UP

Tengukami

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 01:32:10 PM »
OH NO YOU DI'NT!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:10 PM »
On a more serious note, I dislike hate communism and Mao to a certain degree.

However, I find this whole section hilarious and just merely a parody.

Communism, ho!

And all you pigdogs can go enjoy your corrupt society with people who have more money than you because with communism, everyone is equal(to a certain extent).

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 02:01:16 PM »
Wait, people were serious?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 02:03:56 PM »
Wait, people were serious?

but of course there will always people that take cpmc seriously! :]

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 03:06:14 PM »
Holy fucking shit. Why did this turned out to be such a big deal?

Anyway, forgive me if I'm restarting something, but I have to say that I think both sides are at fault here. Some people overreacted about what was supposed to be a passing joke, yes, but I think that making a topic like this would only exacerbate the situation. Sure, the topic title's a joke, but (speaking from personal experience) when people are pissed off, jokes (especially mock-insults, even ones as stupid and ridiculous as "capitalist pigdogs complaining about the glorious theme") will only serve to make them more pissed off. Yeah, they're angry for a stupid reason. So?

Probably some short, serious message before the "deal with it" image would have helped. But as it is, it just seems like "lolz dude its teh internet nothing is serious here :V :V :V ur stupid."

Yeah, I'm more on the side of TSO and the other people who are in favor of the joke. Still think it could be handled better.

this is all there really is to say on the matter

I second that notion.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Tengukami

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »
In the long run, though, reinforcing and validating temper tantrums is a baaad idea. Sometimes folks really do need to hear "you're over-reacting".

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 03:12:12 PM »
In the long run, though, reinforcing and validating temper tantrums is a baaad idea. Sometimes folks really do need to hear "you're over-reacting".

I'm not sure how writing, say, "Hey, CPMC, calm down. You're overreacting to this. It's just a temporary joke, lighten up and we can all have some fun." is reinforcing a temper tantrum. Which is what I was thinking could be placed in the first post rather than the "fuck off, whiners" image that's there right now.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Tengukami

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 03:13:35 PM »
I'm not sure how writing, say, "Hey, CPMC, calm down. You're overreacting to this. It's just a temporary joke, lighten up and we can all have some fun." is reinforcing a temper tantrum.

This has been said in a few other places on this very forum already. "Fuck off, whiners" however, has not.

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2010, 03:14:10 PM »

Uh. Where does a TISbomb fall, then, for future reference? 'cause that was pretty much my way of going '...Hey, guys? Don't you think you're being a taaaaaaaad bit over-reactive about this?'.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 03:16:22 PM »
Capitalists welcome in RPG. Subject to payment of a once-off membership fee.

Terms and conditions apply. While stocks last.

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 03:18:26 PM »
This has been said in a few other places on this very forum already. "Fuck off, whiners" however, has not.

Yeah, but not in the topic dedicated to addressing the issue.

And I'm aware it hasn't been said. The tone of the original post in this topic essentially seems like that to me, though.

I'd like to point out that even if the tone of my own posts may sound angry or offended, I'm not. Like I said, I'm on you guys' side here, but I still think it could have been handled differently.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »
The proper channels for grievances are through your union representatives (acolytes) and report buttons. Typical capitalist pigdogs just stage unlawful demonstrations disrupting the march of the workers.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2010, 03:29:40 PM »
The fact that this is even being argued when in reality the answer is simply "if you don't find this fun how about don't ruin it for everyone else who does".  I don't have to address a selfish asshole and listen to their "grievances" just because they don't want to play along.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2010, 03:41:43 PM »
On the WotC forums, they used to have little pranks on April Fools. On one AF, they replaced the avatar of every forum member with a picture of My Little Pony.
As you may (or may not) suspect, people got irrationally upset about that.
There was even one guy who was actually equinophobic there. And you know what? The equinophobic guy told the complainers to suck it down. The only person who might have had an actual right to complain.

I think what I am trying to say is...

Stay frosty.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
Whatever, this has stopped being fun for me because of all of the bitching and moaning.  You can have your stupid theme back and I'll definitely think twice about trying to have fun with you guys next time.

Yes I know it's only 1 or 2 people doing the actual complaining, but that's all it takes to suck the fun out of what amounts to a very shitty job I have here.  I just wanted to play around and play with a gag started by Edible, and I even tried to make it as "unoffensive" as possible by limiting the shenanigans to CPMC.  But I can't even do that without people berating me and making me feel like shit for even trying.

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2010, 03:54:38 PM »
And that is why communism fails :smug:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
Calling attention to the complaints with a thread vaguely insulting those complaining about it and with an empty stock response of "deal with it" is not a hand-wave and "calm down."
Sorry but yeah, yeah it is :V
Word to the wise is sufficient and all that.

I'M TOO RICH TO GROW UP
Thank you so much for this :]

Now please lock this thread with a "Fuck off, we're having fun".
Warning, while you were typing TSO invalidated your post completely by bringing back the old theme and ending the already spoiled joke.
Dammit TSO :<

One thing that surprisingly wasn't noted too, is that I saw some people going "waaa but it's the christmas theme and christmas is coming lol".
The christmas theme was put there in what, march? And precisely because it wasn't Christmas or anywhere near it. That's CPMC, we're supposed to joke about stuff.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2010, 03:58:05 PM »
And that is why communism fails :smug:
Aptly put, actually.  Unfortunately, you can't please everyone.  Which is pretty much why it only really works in theory before you even take into account the fact that it almost invariable becomes corrupted as it goes along.  Sigh...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"