Author Topic: Help with Touhou 6-9 on Windows 10 [SOLVED]  (Read 23303 times)

Help with Touhou 6-9 on Windows 10 [SOLVED]
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:52:03 AM »
Hello, this is my first post here. You see, since I've upgraded to Windows 10, I've had problems with Touhou 6-9. I looked them up, and saw that someone created a DX8 - DX9 converter, and people were saying it was working for them. I tried it out, and at first I got this error.

So I installed the .DLL, and I got this when I tried to boot the game.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:56:05 AM by Smash The Oni »

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
Re: Help with Touhou 6-9 on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 05:15:06 PM »
I think you need to install DirectX 11 or something I'm not really the tech person
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »
One quick Google search later: http://www.techcrises.com/how-to/how-to-fix-error-code-0xc000007b-in-windows-7-8-8-1/

It shouldn't be too different in W10.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »
Your computer is missing the DirectX9 libraries. Touhou games are made using DirectX9 so you need to have them installed in order to play.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Try that.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 02:02:26 AM »
In addition to installing DirectX 9, if you want to play the games in fullscreen, use the DX8 to DX9 converter: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#DX8_to_DX9_converter

Edit: Reading failure, didn't notice you're already using the converter. Yeah install the DirectX End User Runtime and that should be enough.

Btw how did you install d3dx9_43.dll? I recommend removing the dll before installing the runtime.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:52:05 AM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 02:26:34 AM »
I should also add that when I was re-installing my games on Windows 10 that if you try to install with the Wav music it fails to work, so what you will have to do is install with just midis to get the files created then install again for the Wavs to work. It's a bit of a pain but this was the only way I could find to get it to install properly, I know it may not pertain to your issue directly but just wanted to throw that out there in case someone was having a different issue.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 03:16:58 AM »
I don't know about those suggestions, I upgraded and had no problems. As a matter of fact, EoSD worked better than it did in 8.1, and PoFV doesn't have random crashes. But everyone's setup is different so...

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 05:56:30 AM »
I got it working with Touhou 6 and 7, but 7.5, and 8 are still having issues, and 9 seems to be having it's own unrelated issues.

EDIT: Turns out there was an error extracting the converter with 7.5 and 8. They're working now.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:22:04 AM by Smash The Oni »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 02:29:21 AM »
I don't know about those suggestions, I upgraded and had no problems. As a matter of fact, EoSD worked better than it did in 8.1, and PoFV doesn't have random crashes. But everyone's setup is different so...

How's your fullscreen mode? Mine is horrid, still trying to be in full screen but showing the window box as well.

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 04:27:30 AM »
How's your fullscreen mode? Mine is horrid, still trying to be in full screen but showing the window box as well.
The fullscreen issue is what the DX8 to DX9 converter is for.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 04:49:31 PM »
The fullscreen issue is what the DX8 to DX9 converter is for.

Oh wow didn't get notified of your post, was not there before when starting my reply.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 08:44:21 PM »
I have recently gotten Windows 10 too.
I have the physical copies of 6,8, and 9 (which install the correct DirectX libraries, straight from the disc), so maybe my case is a little different, but...
When I ran the "Classic Era" (I hate calling it that) Touhou games, I was just fine.
(Aside from EoSD, which ran at "lightning speed" when it was in fullscreen for some reason)

Though, what everyone else seems to be saying is correct.
The DirectX files seem to be missing, though typically they come with Windows by default anyway.
Meaning, if you upgraded now (from a previous Windows) and they don't work now, W10 probably screwed up your installation of DirectX.

Also, I noticed your issues seem to be from EoSD (or at least in the pictures you sent)
EoSD is the buggiest of all of the older Touhou and Touhou-related games (aside from Seihou which was annoying to set up on W10, to say the least.)
Because of this, it tends to have the most problems.
My advice to you, is once you take care of your DirectX, run the game in Windowed mode.  It tends to be less buggy that way, for whatever reason.

(Forgot to read later, so...)
PoFV errors are particularly weird to handle, but the same logic still applies.
Do you have any further info on the PoFV errors, so I can help you?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:46:32 PM by WishMakers »
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »
Actually, I just needed to run Touhou 9 in compatibility mode in addition to the DX8 to DX9 converter and it worked fine.