Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211586 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: August 25, 2017, 03:34:05 AM »
That wasn't TECHNICALLY our fault, but we can learn from it, right? :V

> Have two more slices, then prepare to call it a night so we can be up early. We'll definitely want to see the morning news.

« Reply #961 on: August 25, 2017, 03:49:48 AM »
>Hey, don't forget to take a little time to examine that magic item we got from Koch before preparing to go to bed

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #962 on: August 25, 2017, 04:04:57 AM »
> "Totally understandable."
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #963 on: August 25, 2017, 04:24:47 AM »
> "Totally understandable."

> Have two more slices, then prepare to call it a night so we can be up early. We'll definitely want to see the morning news.

>Hey, don't forget to take a little time to examine that magic item we got from Koch before preparing to go to bed

>"Heh," is all Archer has to say in response.
>You grab two more slices. Frankly, part of you feels you can take on the whole thing at once, but another part of you just doesn't have the heart right now.  The news tomorrow is going to be...something.
>You take the gold tube in hand, and make your way toward the lab. Before you really set to work, you do a bit of searching online to try to determine what it is; you don't want to have your phone with you in the lab; its modernity disrupts things. You find that the gold is actually metallic crystal, which is quite rare for gold. Apparently nuggets of gold crystal go for quite a lot. This particular one is freakishly large; you suspect either it is artificial, if that's even possible, or worthy of being part of some nation's crown jewels. With that done, you set the phone aside and head in to examine the thing.
>This turns out to be more simple than you suspected. For all its formidable appearance, apparently is role is simply that of a mana battery with a great deal of capacity. That is to say, it is attuned to support a thing, and then can be forgotten about until the mana inside is depleted. This one...has a tremendous amount of mana stored inside. Enough to power some very stupidly wasteful magecraft indeed. It may well be how someone with no apparent magical background managed to keep a Servant.

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #964 on: August 25, 2017, 04:30:46 AM »
> Dear god, how much this will cost...
> Are we able to tell if it's dangerous for someone other than Koch to use it? Like some kind of curse of sorts to those who dare to use it against its original owner? Though it's also possible that Koch wasn't even the original owner...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: August 25, 2017, 04:33:51 AM »
> Dear god, how much this will cost...
> Are we able to tell if it's dangerous for someone other than Koch to use it? Like some kind of curse of sorts to those who dare to use it against its original owner? Though it's also possible that Koch wasn't even the original owner...

>You suspect it's probably nearly priceless. As in, you don't think you could sell it, the pool of buyers would be tiny, even if it didn't risk exposing you as someone who had a thing like this. And if it's artificial, well... you suppose it's still a lot of gold. It's certainly heavy.
>As far as you can tell, there's no kind of curse or ward on it.

>_

« Reply #966 on: August 25, 2017, 04:34:28 AM »
>How do we think the mana in this stacks up to those in our vials?
>Is it something we could draw upon for reinforced spellcasting, similar to our vials, or is is specifically to be used to sustain something pre-existing?
>Could we theoretically 'plug' Archer into it and make her stronger as a result, or would it only free up our own mana slightly by being used at a similar level instead of it?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #967 on: August 25, 2017, 04:38:37 AM »
> Having something like this around isn't exactly a perfect idea... We need to make it more subtle, if possible.
> Check size again?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: August 25, 2017, 04:54:22 AM »
>How do we think the mana in this stacks up to those in our vials?
>Is it something we could draw upon for reinforced spellcasting, similar to our vials, or is is specifically to be used to sustain something pre-existing?
>Could we theoretically 'plug' Archer into it and make her stronger as a result, or would it only free up our own mana slightly by being used at a similar level instead of it?

>Vastly more.
>It is specifically designed to sustain something, rather than be an all-purpose reservoir that can be dipped into at will like your vials are.
>You could, and imagine it would get the latter effect. You and the Grail are supplying her with anything she needs unlike that one fuckup.

> Having something like this around isn't exactly a perfect idea... We need to make it more subtle, if possible.
> Check size again?

>You certainly don't want to wave it around.
>It's bit over a foot long, and about as thick as if you scrunched all your fingers together.

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #969 on: August 25, 2017, 05:12:15 AM »
> Is the 'recipient' of this mana power really necessary? Like, we could transfer it to other hypothetical vials so we don't have to carry this monstrous attention grabber?
> Where's Archer?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: August 25, 2017, 05:35:14 AM »
> Is the 'recipient' of this mana power really necessary? Like, we could transfer it to other hypothetical vials so we don't have to carry this monstrous attention grabber?
> Where's Archer?

>You could. It would take some time, but you could use it to charge up some vials. However, the transfer would likely be wasteful and you wouldn't receive as much as you take out.
>You think she's still in the front room.

>_

« Reply #971 on: August 25, 2017, 05:46:06 AM »
>Do we know of anything within our repertoire or current possessions that this item could usefully power?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #972 on: August 25, 2017, 05:51:38 AM »
>Do we know of anything within our repertoire or current possessions that this item could usefully power?

>You know some theoretical things, but nothing you have ready. It would be the months of work to actually get them set up. You didn't exactly expect to have this kind of thing just fall into your lap! Does this happen to other magi?

>_

« Reply #973 on: August 25, 2017, 06:11:49 AM »
>Probably having a Servant just fall into their lap doesn't happen to other magi very often either
>...speaking of which, this thing could totally let us power a second Servant if we somehow managed to come across one lacking a master, couldn't it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #974 on: August 25, 2017, 06:33:54 AM »
>Probably having a Servant just fall into their lap doesn't happen to other magi very often either
>...speaking of which, this thing could totally let us power a second Servant if we somehow managed to come across one lacking a master, couldn't it?

>At least for awhile. Certainly long enough to see through any Grail War that has happened historically.

>_

« Reply #975 on: August 25, 2017, 06:39:12 AM »
>Well, assuming we don't think there's anything else in particular to learn about this artifact right now, let's return to Archer and convey our findings

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #976 on: August 25, 2017, 06:51:07 AM »
>Well, assuming we don't think there's anything else in particular to learn about this artifact right now, let's return to Archer and convey our findings

>You return to the front room and find Archer is missing and the pizza has been finished off and the box put away; good thing you don't have to teach her about trash cans. However, it is easy enough to contact her, and you find that she is currently on the roof of your building. It takes her only a moment to return.
>You explain what you've found, and Archer listens quietly. Once you're done she says, "Sounds useful. Maybe paint it over so you can't see the gold, though."

>_

« Reply #977 on: August 25, 2017, 06:54:08 AM »
>Do we have anything to do that with on short notice? Without permanently marring it, ideally.
>And are we confident that this wouldn't in any way disrupt its magical properties?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #978 on: August 25, 2017, 06:58:26 AM »
>Do we have anything to do that with on short notice? Without permanently marring it, ideally.
>And are we confident that this wouldn't in any way disrupt its magical properties?

>Hmmm. You might have some ink that would work.
>You...don't think it would? But you don't wholly understand how it works, either, so there's a small chance.

>_

« Reply #979 on: August 25, 2017, 07:01:15 AM »
>"I'm a little nervous that might disrupt the magic in it somehow . It probably wouldn't, but I don't entirely understand how it ticks yet. Maybe I should just keep it covered up."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #980 on: August 25, 2017, 07:05:35 AM »
>"I'm a little nervous that might disrupt the magic in it somehow . It probably wouldn't, but I don't entirely understand how it ticks yet. Maybe I should just keep it covered up."

>"Yeah, I guess you could slip some long socks over it," says Archer.

>_

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #981 on: August 25, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »
hilariously this thing is kind of wasted on us because we have a ridiculously efficient servant with low cost NPs anyways, but hey.

>"Hmm. You could keep it pretty well hidden on you right?"
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #982 on: August 25, 2017, 07:18:16 AM »
>"Hmm. You could keep it pretty well hidden on you right?"

>"In theory," says Archer. "On the other hand, I'm the one most likely to get hit by Noble Phantasms if I'm doing my job right, so maybe it's not the best idea?"

>_

« Reply #983 on: August 25, 2017, 07:36:53 AM »
>"I think I'll go with the sock option for now. I don't have any immediate application for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if one came up before this war is over; the amount of mana in this is serious business."
>Is it too big/heavy to conveniently fit in our purse, once wrapped up?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: August 25, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »
>"I think I'll go with the sock option for now. I don't have any immediate application for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if one came up before this war is over; the amount of mana in this is serious business."
>Is it too big/heavy to conveniently fit in our purse, once wrapped up?

>Archer nods. "Just don't flash it around. And if nothing else, maybe it can serve as a bargaining chip."
>You'll need a bigger purse, one of those ones that look like shopping bags.

>_

« Reply #985 on: August 25, 2017, 09:12:58 AM »
>"Yeah, that's definitely possible."
>Do we have a backpack or something maybe? Either way, let's go with the sock plan and stow this away for now.
>Do we have any idea whether Archer needs to sleep or not?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: August 25, 2017, 09:47:41 AM »
>"Yeah, that's definitely possible."
>Do we have a backpack or something maybe? Either way, let's go with the sock plan and stow this away for now.
>Do we have any idea whether Archer needs to sleep or not?

>Archer nods. "If nothing else, just break it to spite the old bastard's memory."
>You do have a backpack or two.
>Archer should not need to sleep unless her mana is critically low and she cannot replace it.

>_

« Reply #987 on: August 25, 2017, 09:55:23 AM »
>"There anything else you think I ought to take care of before I hit the sack?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: August 25, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »
>"There anything else you think I ought to take care of before I hit the sack?"

>"Not unless you have some practical tricks up your sleeves for extra defenses," says Archer. "Which I figure you would've done already. So go and get rested up. Call for me if anything unusual happens, I'll be nearby. On the roof at worst."

>_

« Reply #989 on: August 25, 2017, 10:44:26 AM »
>"Sure, sure. Goodnight, Archer."
>Let's put this away and go get some well-earned rest