Author Topic: "Gensokyo's Tales from the Crypt" Touhou Horror Stories  (Read 3392 times)

DMJ654

• Radio Personality at Gensokyo Radio and their Resident Touhou Music Reviewer
  • Music and Games keep me alive.
    • Gensokyo Radio
"Gensokyo's Tales from the Crypt" Touhou Horror Stories
« on: October 07, 2013, 06:20:53 AM »
On my page on Facebook, Touhou Music Reviews, I am doing a special on scary Youkai and their music. Sometimes I pair a nice Touhou related horror story to make the music seem...more compelling. So I want this thread to be dedicated to scary stories. They can be 1 paragraph or a full book. Who knows, if it is good enough and really is super creepy, I might just put it up. I will post mine too, but I want to see what others come up with. Have fun with this guys. Get it as morbid as you want it to. It is October after all.

MaJO

• master of karate and friendship
  • Only Rumia can do it better.
Re: "Gensokyo's Tales from the Crypt" Touhou Horror Stories
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:30:41 PM »
I remember reading about something similar to this. In summery what was said was that horror stories are only scary because the reader can relate. I do not know about anyone else here but I cannot relate to any story with the protagonist being a super powered magic girl in a world with other super power magic girls fighting with a non lethal weapon.  So for the horror story to be even plausible you will need to introduce an OC lead who has no magic and is unprotected by reimu and marisa.

I am just throwing this out there because this is what I learned and found true for myself. It may not hold true for others and everyone can feel free to ignore it.
This is the last time I buy weed from Tiny Pete.
This is the last time I buy shrooms from Tiny Pete.

DMJ654

• Radio Personality at Gensokyo Radio and their Resident Touhou Music Reviewer
  • Music and Games keep me alive.
    • Gensokyo Radio
Re: "Gensokyo's Tales from the Crypt" Touhou Horror Stories
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 12:02:27 AM »
I had a lot of success using Maribel and Renko, also Reimu and Marisa have also been popular with my readers on my page when I try those.