Author Topic: Gensokyo Chronicles: Advent of Tyranny (Mario/Touhou crossover)  (Read 2996 times)

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
Hello everyone. This is Giratina93. I am happy to finally bring my first written work here at MotK. I am somewhat new at the fanfiction thing, so please bear with me as I do my best. I apologize for any inconstancies and spelling/grammar errors I might have that Spellcheck failed to pick up. I was going to make my first work a Touhou AU Highschool experience... but then this came to mind. I hope you all enjoy as I start this work, and please be sure to give comments and suggestions on how I can improve this story. Thank you.

Gensokyo Chronicles: Advent of Tyranny

Preface: Dreams and Nightmares

A long time ago, in a distant land, there were two stones of power? the Dream Stone, made of the essence of dreams, and the Dark Stone, solidified from countless nightmares. These two stones had the power to grant the wishes and desires of anyone who wielded them. The Dark Stone was lost to the sands of time and a great foe, who crushed it to send the people of the land into eternal slumber. Centuries later, that same sealed away evil was reborn by the hands of an unwitting pawn, and seized the Dream Stone for himself. Teaming up with the catalyst of its freedom, the evil being planned to take over the world, and plunge it into an eternal nightmare? but it did not suspect that the cause of its liberation was planning on backstabbing him until it was too late. Cast down and left for the heroes to pick off, he was defeated, while his betrayer, calling himself the Demon King, swallowed the Dream Stone to gain the power to bend reality to his very will. Yet not even that could save him, as a pair of heroes, brave and bold, took down the mighty creature after a long and ferocious fight. With the titan?s destruction, the Dream Stone was in ashes, and was transformed into money at the request of the one who fixed it, claiming that reliance on such a powerful thing was a bad thing. The revived people of the land celebrated with the heroes as they were showered in money, and the evil tyrant, bruised and defeated but far from dead, crawled back to his fortress to lick his wounds?but amongst the celebration, the horrors of years past were forgotten, and among them, the memories and existence of the Dark Stone went? to a different land? a land where things forgotten end up, where logic and common sense are at war with the ways of the land, and where the supernatural has made its last stand against the outside world?

But not far behind it? was the very tyrant that had tried to abuse the power of the Dream Stone? the very Demon King that had threatened the safety of the entire world with such reckless abandon.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:38:39 AM by Giratina93 »
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
Re: Gensokyo Chronicles: Advent of Tyranny (Mario/Touhou crossover)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:56:06 AM »
Chapter 1: Fangs in the Moonlight.

The Bamboo Forest of the Lost was an aptly named place. Not only was it a giant forest of bamboo, but it was a natural labyrinth that was nigh impossible to escape from once you were in. Tales of travelers losing their way and spending days, if not weeks or months trying to get out were not uncommon, and were it not for the presence of a mostly human guide that helped such lost folk, it would be a place no one would dare go near. It was also a place where the beasts of the night lived, especially those that worshiped the full moon.  But at this point, there was no worship of the moon, only confusion. As dark storm clouds gathered high above the forest,  a dark funnel  spiraled down from above, as it trying to reach the earth. It haulted halfway down, and something flew out of it, something that crashed down into the earth below. The funnel then receded, and rain dumped from the heavens.  Such a thing was a rare occurance, especially here. All around the impact crater, gathered fairies and rabbits, as well as other youkai that called the forest their home. They gazed upon the smoking hole in the ground, as if mesmerized by it.

?Excuse me, let me through. I must take a look at it.? A voice called out from behind the group, breaking them from their trance. They needed not look back the source to see who it was. A tall, black haired woman with a white and red dress pushed her way through the crowd. She had large dog ears pointing out of the top of her head, and long red claws where fingernails would be. She was Kagerou, a were-wolf that called this forest her home. The other youkai stepped back as she stopped at the crater. They dared not speak to her, nor question what she was doing. She had been drawn by the odd sight that had occurred? but that wasn?t all. She had sensed a strange power, one similar to the Lucky Mallet incident that had occurred a few weeks ago. Even now, the memories of that still were fresh in her mind? of how she had felt like fighting the Shrine Maiden and her friends so naturally, even when that had ended in being defeated. She had become aggressive, yet she had thought it felt so natural? but this was different. She crouched down and reached into the hole with both her hands. She felt it, something smooth and yet, pulsing with power. It was warm as well, as if alive. She pulled it up, making sure to hide it in her hands. If the others saw it, there would be more ruckus than needed? she took a quick peak, and noticed that it was purple in color. ?There?s nothing noteworthy here,  just a rock that came from the outside world. Nothing to see here.?  She shouted as she hid the rock in her bosom. The rabbits and fairies around tilted their heads in confusion, but then left, not bothering to argue with her. The other youkai left as well, and once they were gone, Kagerou let out a sigh of relief. Good. Such a thing like this in the hands of idiots? would be very, very bad. Good thing the human phoenix or the Shrine Maiden As the rain poured down on her, She stood there and pulled the rock back out. She brought it close to her eyes, and examined it closely. It was unlike anything she had ever seen before. While the main parts of it were smooth, there were many jagged edges on it, and it seemed to be in a sort of spiral. Whatever it was, or where it had come from, she sorta liked it. It had that odd charm to it, like an antique clock that glowed, a charm she couldn?t really explain.  She looked at her own amulet that was on her dress, and how small and featureless it was. It didn?t really compare to this stone, whatever it was?

?I kinda wish I had this stone as the amulet for my dress.? She murmured to herself. Yet she knew such a thing wouldn?t be possible for her to do. She could trim the edges herself to make it fit better, but that would risk her nails fracturing or breaking. It seemed very hard as well, so trying to break it apart wouldn?t work so easily. But her thoughts were disrupted as the stone glowed in her grasp. She stood back as it floated up, then faded away. At the same time, she felt the amulet on her dress grow heavier. She looked down, and gasped as she saw that it was now in the place of her old amulet. ?How? how did it get there?? She said, feeling the Dark Stone that was there. Suddenly, it clicked to her. She had wished for it to be there? and it was now there? in other words, this stone had the power to grant her wishes and desires. She smirked, then tapped on the stone with one of her claws. A proper test was in order for this. ?I wish for the power to defeat the Shrine Maiden and her allies.? She said, keeping a close eye on the stone. Sure enough, it glowed again, and she felt a surge of power enter into her body. Arcs of energy crackles between her fingertips, and her eyes shone a dark purple. Yes? it felt so good? so very good! It was a different kind of power than that of the Lucky Mallet? that had been an artificial power, and she had still lost. This was true power, power that gods and demons only dreamed of wielding. She flexed a finger, then swung it. At first, nothing seemed to happen, then several dozen bamboo shoots slid off their stalks and crashed onto the ground. She then swung around in a circle, and this time, all those shoots within 50ft of her were sliced apart. Very good? not what she had expected, but more than that And to think she had only started scratching the surface of the new power she wielded...  ?Now I wish for the full moon to be out every night, and for the rain to clear away!? She commanded. The stone glowed once more, and this time, rays of light flew from it and up into the sky. The clouds parted away, and the large, magnificent image of the full moon revealed itself. Kagerou hugged herself as she felt the fur on her body grow in response. Normally, she would hate it for how unpleasant such long and thick fur felt on her, but she was willing to tolerate it this time. This stone was a wishing stone indeed.  ?I can?t believe it? an actual wishing stone. I am going to have a lot of fun with this beauty.? She purred, before she ran off along the soggy ground, heading out of the forest. If this stone really could grant any wish, then she had just the thing in mind. A loud, boastful howl echoed across the forest, the howl of one with enough power to turn the world upside down... the howl of someone with far more power under their control than they should have...

Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: Gensokyo Chronicles: Advent of Tyranny (Mario/Touhou crossover)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »
Hmm, a Mario/Touhou crossover?

I wonder where the Mario part comes in....
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear