Author Topic: MIDNIGHT CREW MAFIA - OVER - SCUM WIN  (Read 56618 times)

Re: MIDNIGHT CREW MAFIA - DAY 1
« Reply #900 on: March 09, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »

You seriously think scum is going to respond to getting pushed to L-2 by fakeclaiming CONFIRMED TOWN MASON?

Losing scum on Day 1 is awful enough for the scum team in a Role Madness game, since they need all the roles and numbers they can get. But if they claim mason and one gets lynched, the other will follow, meaning they lose TWO.

And even if they survive D1, if they survive to LYLO they're going to be cast under major suspicion. Masons just isn't a good scum fakeclaim. It wouldn't be too hard for them to just push the PX counterwagon harder... which, by the way, GreyICE isn't even doing. He's focusing on scumhunting and not surviving, which is townie.

Seriously, guys, stop being stubborn and get your votes off the obvtown.

The post in particular I was referring to.
I could've been fooled into questioning the read if I re-read his D2 too much though, it was good. Unless I'm in a really bad state of mind during my first readthrough, my tells tend to be pretty accurate (I was almost 100% sure PX was town because... I watched MLP and I knew that his OMGUS was pure roleplaying  :V plus bastard mod elements coming back in game after the last two or three people joining at the last minute meant that his "??" claim was pretty believable, specially considering how he went about his fakeclaim in IMP), so I'm pretty certain once I get playing I'll try to only reread upon scumflips.

I want to play so bad :(
Maybe I could make it if it starts after the 21st. I'll try, even with stuff going on I always manage to dig out an hour or two to do nothing online so I could do the same for mafia.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: MIDNIGHT CREW MAFIA - OVER - SCUM WIN
« Reply #901 on: March 10, 2012, 12:41:02 AM »
@Dan #819: Rage much?

All that Rage is deserved.  I'm not even that angry anymore, but GreyIce obviously thought he was god's gift to mafia and tried to discredit almost everyone. 

I'm not why he's blaming the setup when scum rolled over him anyway.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #902 on: March 10, 2012, 08:10:55 AM »
"This playerlist seems kinda slanted. Kill GreyICE N1, kill Shadoweh N2 then kill Dan N3 for a presumable win? "

T_T
Really, all the other townies (except for Dormio) were either inexperienced or PX. :T What else was I supposed to conclude?

Amusingly, this in reverse order kind of ended up being what happened, only we shot Dormio instead of ICE and left ICE for the N4 kill. I didn't put too much thought into the order aside from specifically not killing Shadoweh N1, so uh, if that T_T is at you only being a N3 target, then it shouldn't be. Especially given how the game actually turned out. You were the only person I would have wanted dead on N1, even without your role making you super duper obvtown. Everybody else seemed incredibly narrow-minded, with the exception of Shadoweh, who I avoid NKing on policy because it's funny to watch her shout "WHY AM I STILL ALIVE? ;_;" in LYLO as town. Until she lynches scum, anyway.

ActionDan

« Reply #903 on: March 10, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
that T_T was knowing that that plan was incredibly sound, but not being able to do a thing against it.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #904 on: March 10, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »
Blame it on the RNG :T

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #905 on: March 10, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »
Everybody else seemed incredibly narrow-minded, with the exception of Shadoweh, who I avoid NKing on policy because it's funny to watch her shout "WHY AM I STILL ALIVE? ;_;" in LYLO as town. Until she lynches scum, anyway.
It is not funny! ;_; I am a strong and capable butterfly! >_<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #906 on: March 10, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »
It is not funny! ;_; I am a strong and capable chaos butterfly! >_<

Fixed

ActionDan

« Reply #907 on: March 10, 2012, 10:40:10 AM »
flap your wings Shadoweh!  I'm sure no natural disasters will wreck havoc on the mafia games!  nope, none at all!

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #908 on: March 10, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »
As someone completely foreign to the whole Mafia game concept, I'd say that I rather enjoyed following this game. Too bad that I didn't understand half of the lingo/acronyms. :V

Congratulations HuhWhat, Affinity, and Serela.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #909 on: March 12, 2012, 12:34:23 PM »
Bragging about how people didn't lynch you isn't exactly useful here on MotK, and it can blind you from how scummy some of your behaviour is. I have every faith that this game you could well have been lynched, as various intimidation tactics were employed which no MotK Townie would nor should ever resort to just to get a lynch. That people chose not to focus on that isn't some grand cause to declare how immortally good at Mafia you are; not getting lynched isn't so useful a stat if you are commonly engaged in games where many people simply act scummy. I also do not get lynched much, but that does not necessarily imply I am an impervious god of Mafia who could not be lynched by someone with enough force of persuasion.

In any case, the point is moot.

I do think still that this was one of MotK's best games since no one replaced out or got modkilled.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:36:23 PM by Bardiche »