Author Topic: Touhou lagging on new pc  (Read 26452 times)

Re: Touhou lagging on new pc
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2016, 04:09:13 AM »
It looks like the problem is solved. Yesterday after I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers to try and install the VGA drivers (although they wouldn't install), I installed the Nvidia drivers again and everything seems to be working fine now :/ Did a whole day testing out loads of the PC98 games that seemed to have stutter and it's fine now :D I don't understand how re-installing the drivers fixed it but everything is working and I can finally continue Touhou 3 :D Now my only worry is that it hopefully won't give me all this hassle again when I come to re-format once the whole pc starts slowing down! I'll try putting that off as long as possible lol.

Thank you both so much for all your assistance in this topic! I'm beyond grateful for all the time you put into this, especially you Shockdude. It's been a long struggle that spanned days, but now thanks to your help it's finally over :D Seriously, thanks, I can't stress how grateful I am!
of course the driver reinstall fixed everything.

Glad to be of help, and glad to hear it all worked out! Have fun!

Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Lunatic_Reimu

• No Bomb Enthusiast
Re: Touhou lagging on new pc
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2016, 03:35:43 PM »
It's weird though, cause this is the same driver I already had installed 3 times on this same Windows. Well glad it's working fine now. I'll start experimenting with recording programs soon. OBS is going to be the first one I try cause I hear lots of good things about it.

Thanks again for so much for your time and support ;)