Author Topic: A minor PC98 emulator issue  (Read 2222 times)

A minor PC98 emulator issue
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:08:33 AM »
So I'm using Anex86 to play Mystic Square, and all of a sudden, when I try to play it in windowed mode, the emulator shows me a black screen with nothing on it. I can hear the sound effects, so I know it's working, but I can't see anything at all. This is a new problem for me, and I have no idea what caused it to stop displaying in windowed mode.

Going into fullscreen fixes the problem, but I'd like to be able to play it in windowed mode. Mostly because Mystic Square's music room is so badass that I have actually opened Mystic Square, gone into the music room, and closed the game a while later without dodging a single bullet. :V

So, is this a problem with a known fix? Or does this mean I'm stuck in fullscreen?

Momiji

• Cya
Re: A minor PC98 emulator issue
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:28:28 PM »
Did you try the other emulators, like NP21 or T98-Next?  I think I remember having random screen issues like this with Anex86.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:52:49 PM »
That happens sometimes, but I don't recall it happening when you window it normally. Have you tried windowing with alt+enter? It almost never does anything funky for me when I try that. If not, try it a few times. I recall even when it does weird things, it's often a 50/50 chance.

Also why would you want to play the game proper in windowed mode. I can understand for the music room but the game is very difficult windowed.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zil

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:03:21 PM »
You can mess with the configuration and hope some magic happens. That solves many problems for me.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 05:06:09 AM »
Anex86 is finicky with this. Both in fullscreen and windowed. Only options I can recommend at the moment are, in the options, find the checkbox that says Use 640x400 and try selecting it / deselecting it and see if any of those make a difference. Also, try Fix Aspect Ratio. Hopefully one of those will reset it back to normal. I have no idea if they will, as Anex, as I said, is very finicky with it's settings.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>