Author Topic: 30 minutes or it's free!  (Read 148147 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: 30 minutes or it's free!
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2010, 03:53:09 AM »
>Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh.
>Don't laugh, dammit.
>Instead, make a wish. "I wish for a good day today. Yeah, that's the ticket."
>Toss coin.
> You hold back from laughing.  Really, why green of all colors?
> You really hold back from laughing.
> You decide to ask for a good day today, why not?  After hearing what that creepy Hina had to say, how could it hurt?
> You toss your coin into the pond.  As soon as it splashes in the croaking reaches a manic pitch.  Suwako leaps from lily-pad to lily-pad just like a frog before leaping onto the shore at your feet.  She pops up and holds her arms out like she'd just won a pageant, the frogs seem to take this as a sign for silence.  Suwako bows deeply before you. 
> "Thank you very much for your support!  I shall try my best!"
> Before you can get a word in otherwise, she proceeds to hop back to her central lily-pad.  The frogs resume their regular croaking.
> Well, that was certainly different.

> We could ask for an easier time unlocking our inner magic, so we can use Spell Cards.
> After deciding what to wish for, we toss the coin in, and ask in a humble and respectful tone. These are Gods, Divine beings, that we are dealing with after all.
> Maybe next time.  Asking for a good day is a pretty vague request, so it may still apply.
> You're more in awe by how odd the previous scene was than by being in the presence of a God.

>Knew she was actually blonde.
>Catalogue this for blackmail...
> Could be, you at least know it isn't actually green.
> Nah, blackmail her for what?  There's probably a better use for it anyway.

>_

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2010, 03:55:47 AM »
>MISHUN COMPREET
>Leave the Shrine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2010, 04:07:43 AM »
>If Momiji is still hanging around outside, approach her and offer a handshake and a smile.
>Unless she's still going to debate, then politely listen.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2010, 04:42:23 AM »
>MISHUN COMPREET
>Leave the Shrine
>If Momiji is still hanging around outside, approach her and offer a handshake and a smile.
>Unless she's still going to debate, then politely listen.
> You leave the Moriya Shrine and start back down the path.  You find Momiji is still where you left her.  She doesn't look as venomous as she did earlier, but she's still looking for at least a discussion.
> "So, if laws are not universal and therefore aren't directly ingrained in one's behavior, what is it that controls one's everyday actions and interactions?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2010, 04:50:24 AM »
> "??? Just how long have you been here thinking about things?"
> "Wouldn't it be instinct and personality that would control, or at least influence, actions and interactions?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2010, 04:59:18 AM »
>"Laws can be universal, but they must be made to serve justice in reality. The difficulty with the law in question is that it is not just. The problem is, it's hard to think of everything, you know? There's a world of weird contingencies out there. So when you encounter one, you can't always depend on the law to be just. If it is not, you have to decide the best way to serve justice and sometimes that involves ignoring the law until it can be rewritten to better serve justice itself. A law's worth, I'd say, depends entirely on how often it runs counter to justice."
>"I wouldn't say they're directly ingrained in behavior, either. You can live without laws. It's not a very happy life, probably, but you can. Just that good laws make life easier. So what controls them? Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by control. I guess you mean what keeps us all from acting like maniacs? I would say it's more willingness to follow the law because it's agreed to be a good thing, or at least a necessary evil. People break it often enough, don't they? That sorta implies they aren't ingrained into behavior, but followed because we want to; or at least don't want the alternative."
>"I'm <Name>, by the way." (Toshiro?)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2010, 06:12:42 AM »
> You suddenly don't feel like discussing the nature of laws anymore. Fuck philosophy, you're a deliveryman and must deliver!
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2010, 06:14:30 AM »
> "??? Just how long have you been here thinking about things?"
> "Wouldn't it be instinct and personality that would control, or at least influence, actions and interactions?"
> "Since you first went in there.  No one usually tried to argue points with me, and when they do they aren't nearly as composed as you've been.  You've thrown me for a bit of a loop."
> "No, that can't be right.  There has to be something to govern proper instinct and provide guidelines for proper personality.  If everyone was completely free-willed, we would be at constant odds with each other and nothing would ever get accomplished.  No, if it's not universal laws, then there has to be something else that dictates proper behavior."

>"Laws can be universal, but they must be made to serve justice in reality. The difficulty with the law in question is that it is not just. The problem is, it's hard to think of everything, you know? There's a world of weird contingencies out there. So when you encounter one, you can't always depend on the law to be just. If it is not, you have to decide the best way to serve justice and sometimes that involves ignoring the law until it can be rewritten to better serve justice itself. A law's worth, I'd say, depends entirely on how often it runs counter to justice."
>"I wouldn't say they're directly ingrained in behavior, either. You can live without laws. It's not a very happy life, probably, but you can. Just that good laws make life easier. So what controls them? Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by control. I guess you mean what keeps us all from acting like maniacs? I would say it's more willingness to follow the law because it's agreed to be a good thing, or at least a necessary evil. People break it often enough, don't they? That sorta implies they aren't ingrained into behavior, but followed because we want to; or at least don't want the alternative."
>"I'm <Name>, by the way." (Toshiro?)
> "Forget the laws, this isn't about what happened earlier today with the nekomata.  I'm having a serious existential crisis here because you just made me question everything I've ever believed and my purpose in life.  If laws aren't some constant universal that dictate behavior, then what have I been enforcing?  Whose work have I been doing?  What is the purpose of continuing to enforce arbitrary laws if they aren't necessary to maintain order!?  You have all the answers, tell me!"
> Her eyes are starting to swell, you don't think she's ever been this shook up.

> You suddenly don't feel like discussing the nature of laws anymore. Fuck philosophy, you're a deliveryman and must deliver!
> You'd feel terrible if you left her like this though.  It's not like you have any current packages anyway.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2010, 06:56:27 AM »
> Be her shepherd and deliver her from evil. (Carry on confusing the fuck out of her. Purvis' posts take priority over any suggestion to drop it.)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2010, 06:58:37 AM »
> Be her shepherd and deliver her from evil.
> But she's a wolf?

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2010, 07:02:02 AM »
> In clothing made of sheep, so technically in sheep's clothing.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2010, 07:33:29 AM »
> Consider arguing with self on the nature of arbitrary law. There are, after all, certain points we aren't considering. Eh, this voice will leave be. Getting on Momiji's good side will be an advantage, and this seems to be doing it.

Toasty

« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »
>Now is the time to hug momizi
>Hug momizi
>"Don't worry about it...it's no big deal, really"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2010, 12:31:04 PM »
>Yeah, let's give her that hug. Or at least a friendly hand on the shoulder.
>Let's not call her crisis "no big deal."
>Instead: "Well, there is a kind of universal law. But I don't think everyone agrees on it. It's karma. And it sorta implies that you have to be a good person to others, or you'll just get all your stuff dumped back on your lap. That's about the only  one I know that affects everything. Oh, I guess there's natural laws, too. Like, you gotta eat or you'll starve. But karma's more important to that, because it's about how you do those things."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2010, 12:40:51 PM »

>Instead: "Well, there is a kind of universal law. But I don't think everyone agrees on it. It's karma. And it sorta implies that you have to be a good person to others, or you'll just get all your stuff dumped back on your lap. That's about the only  one I know that affects everything. Oh, I guess there's natural laws, too. Like, you gotta eat or you'll starve. But karma's more important to that, because it's about how you do those things."

^ I agree with this.

> "On top of that, the way we are raised effects how we act later on in life. Being raised by kind parents, but still having rules and punishments, influences children to be kind and follow rules and such, so our raising effects us, and the raising of our parents effects them and so on."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »
> In clothing made of sheep, so technically in sheep's clothing.
> Wouldn't a wolf in sheep's clothing be able to shepherd itself?

> Consider arguing with self on the nature of arbitrary law. There are, after all, certain points we aren't considering. Eh, this voice will leave be. Getting on Momiji's good side will be an advantage, and this seems to be doing it.
> This discussion could go any number of ways, but the best way is probably one that doesn't completely shatter her perception.

>Now is the time to hug momizi
>Hug momizi
>"Don't worry about it...it's no big deal, really"
>Let's not call her crisis "no big deal."
> "On top of that, the way we are raised effects how we act later on in life. Being raised by kind parents, but still having rules and punishments, influences children to be kind and follow rules and such, so our raising effects us, and the raising of our parents effects them and so on."
> You step in and hug Momiji.  Her ears feel soft and warm as they tickle your face.  As you explain other options she cries gently into your shoulder.
> Before long she shrugs her shoulders and you take your cue to release her.  She backs away and pulls out a handkerchief embroidered with a paw print to wipe her eyes.
> "So, you're saying that while there may not be written universal laws, there are still forces at work in some degree to maintain order?  But since we can't actually see them that people have different interpretations of what garners human behavior?"  She says this without any hostility in her voice, this is probably the best track to steer her towards.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2010, 05:38:41 PM »
>"That's right, and the trick is to find the best one. But since we're all just people, we gotta be ready to challenge and change it when dealing with new things, you know? Hey, got a question for you, how much do you get out and about, and see how other people do things?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »
>"That's right, and the trick is to find the best one. But since we're all just people, we gotta be ready to challenge and change it when dealing with new things, you know? Hey, got a question for you, how much do you get out and about, and see how other people do things?"
> "I suppose, but I've never thought about it any way other than what I first learned.  There's a lot more for me to learn, isn't there?"
> "Eh?  Not very often.  I don't usually leave the mountain unless Aya drags me somewhere.  Why do you ask?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2010, 06:49:22 PM »
>"Well, I was wondering if maybe you could get some time off and come with me. We do still need to fix things up with Chen. So if you'd come along with me while I get her hat and then help me present it, it'd certainly help patch things up, eh? And you'd get to roam around a bit without Aya causing you trouble."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
>"Well, I was wondering if maybe you could get some time off and come with me. We do still need to fix things up with Chen. So if you'd come along with me while I get her hat and then help me present it, it'd certainly help patch things up, eh? And you'd get to roam around a bit without Aya causing you trouble."
> "Um, really?  I guess I could stick around until she gets her hat back, but that's probably about it.  Would she really want me around though?"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2010, 07:20:16 PM »
> "You'll soon see what a little kindness can do"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
>"We'll skip around Kappa Town, get the hat, then come back and surprise her with it."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »
> "You'll soon see what a little kindness can do"
> Momiji thinks for a minute.  "Alright, let's go then, what can it hurt?"

>"We'll skip around Kappa Town, get the hat, then come back and surprise her with it."
> "We aren't going to bring her with us?  That seems odd to me, but I guess you have a plan."
> The two of you continue down the path to the Tengu Village.  With Momiji by your side, the tengu continue to pay little interest to you.
> As you pass by the Bunbunmaru Office, you hear a cry of "MOMIIIIJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!~" and feel a sudden gust of wind blow past you.  You look to your left to where Momiji had been standing and only see her hat falling to the ground.  Several meters away from you Momiji lies in a heap with a crow tengu.  She has large black wings and a hat with large puff balls hanging on other side, much like the puff ball on Momiji's shirt.  She's dressed in a simple white blouse and black skirt, and is speaking far faster than anyone should be able to.
> "...-en you went off without me and you didn't tell me where you were going yeah I was out on a scoop but you could have told me and I would have come flying since I'm the fastest in Gensokyo and I would have been right there and I could have gotten some excellent photos that would be great for the news-ah!"
> She's finally noticed you.  Before you can blink she's standing in front of you and taking your picture.  No, she's beside you.  No, on your other side.  In front of you again.  This must be Aya.  Well, you must admit that she's very quick.
> "Oh so you must be the delivery man that Momiji was talking about wow that's great so you were just up at the shrine Momiji wasn't too much trouble was she you didn't hurt her did you what happened to that other youkai you were with earlier oh hey since you deliver packages I should give this to you-"
> She disappears into the Bunbunmaru office, but you can't even wonder how much film she goes through in a day taking that many pictures before she reappears with a small box wrapped in old newspaper.
> "This is going to my friend Satori down in the Ancient City well she may not actually be my friend but everyone in Gensokyo is my friend that's why I take so many pictures-" She takes a few more of you, a flashbulb going off for emphasis, "I could run it over there myself but if you were to take it instead I would have some more time to get a big scoop for the next issue could you do that for me huh huh huh!?!??"
> By this time Momiji has crawled back to collect her hat.
> Technically, you could take any deliveries that you want, but the only ones you are responsible for, and therefore the only ones you are required to deliver, are the ones on your Manifest for the day.

>_

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2010, 08:07:24 PM »
> Sure, why not. A true officer of the postal service denies no task.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2010, 08:09:37 PM »
>"Wait, I kinda got a few other deliveries to make. Lemme check and see if I got time..."
>Check the list, what are the other delivery pick-ups and would they involve going to the Ancient City?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2010, 08:13:07 PM »
> Charge her premium rates if we can take the job.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
> Sure, why not. A true officer of the postal service denies no task.
>"Wait, I kinda got a few other deliveries to make. Lemme check and see if I got time..."
>Check the list, what are the other delivery pick-ups and would they involve going to the Ancient City?
> You take out your Manifest.  Your Manifest only lists who or where you are picking up the package from, you are required to write in who and where the package was delivered to.
> The second name on the list is "Aya Shameimaru"
> Well, I guess this is that package.

> Charge her premium rates if we can take the job.
> Unfortunately this is one of the packages you were required to take, so you can't charge her extra.
> "Ooh what's that is that a list oh boy I love lists let me get a peek at it real quick."
> You manage to return your Manifest to your bag before Aya snaps a picture of it.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »
>"You'll have to talk to my boss about the list, I'm afraid. Anyways, I'll be delighted to take your parcel!"
>Accept package!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »
>"You'll have to talk to my boss about the list, I'm afraid. Anyways, I'll be delighted to take your parcel!"
>Accept package!
> "AH!  Maybe I'll go do that right now!"  In an instant she takes to the skies and is gone.
> Momiji puts her tokin back on and adjusts it.  "Before you ask, yes she's always like that."
> You put Aya's package in your bag. 
> Where to first?  It looks you could go get Chen's hat first and then give it to her, get Chen and then get her hat, find the Ancient City and deliver the package or something else.

>_
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:00:21 PM by Vickieiki Viperxanadu »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2010, 09:03:38 PM »
>To Kourindou, to get dat hat and some directions.