~Beyond the Border~ > Akyu's Arcade

Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E

Pages: << < (190/191) > >>

AzuraAzureA:

smh my head you cant tell me to do something useful with my life what if i wanna just sit down and play more stgs instead  :V

Sapz:

Played through and finished Gnosia. Definitely the best space time-loop mafia simulator I've ever played, and considerably more emotionally affecting than a game that made me play over 130 loops has any right to be. Shockingly good, hope this one gets localized so more people can enjoy it.

Pywackett-Barchetta:

I almost didn't finish Persona 3 (FES).

To put it spoiler-free - which sadly makes this rather short, as much of what I absolutely adore here is the plot and excellent cast - the final boss has one extremely cheap move that can do a ludicrous amount of damage as well as cause status effects that, if you're unlucky, can full-heal the boss. I did not look forward to doing a whole bunch of grinding to be able to tank this, so I put the game aside, only occasionally jumping in and milling about.

...until a lucky drop gave me an item that could completely no-sell all status effects but poison, and I realized that I could just basically inventory-dupe it to make my full party invulnerable. What took me hours to fail the first time was a cakewalk the second go-round.

So, uh, it may have been a slightly cheap way to go about it, but I'm immensely happy with the result (maybe not the ending itself. I felt sorta like I'd been thrown over the handlebars, emotionally, like the ride had just ended and bucked me off without a moment to process it). Now I can finally agree with my friends that have been telling me I should play this for 13 years.

The same friends would tell me to also play Persona 4. I got Golden already, so I'm on it.

...with P5 taking up the first four months of my year, and 3 taking three more, maybe I'll finish this by December... and then we'll see if I NG+ anything or finally play other video games again.

Apropos of nothing, as I'm running out of new and interesting options on the racing game front, my list of complaints with Forza Horizon 4 strangely ticks just a bit longer with the Lego expansion, not because that expansion itself is a problem (it's honestly better designed than the entire game it's attached to and is a pure delight), but because they very noticeably heavily censored almost the entire soundtrack to be kid-friendly to rather ancient standards. It handily butchers every single station but Timeless FM (the classical station) with massive painfully obvious gaps in the lyrics ("Even the       finds love, the       finds love") that weren't there pre-patch. I get that it's due to company standards but good god it's annoying. Reminds me of early Need for Speed and Burnout, but at least NFS was clever with it or at least re-recorded the songs with lyrics about racing. This is more like when Beast and the Harlot was in Burnout Revenge as "Beast..." with the entire chorus removed.

To end on a positive note, DiRT 4 is far more fun than I initially gave it credit for and screwing around in Joyride mode is a blast as ever. The weight of the cars feels just right.

Jq1790:

"Oh look, my healer is Charmed.  Oh look, she fully healed the boss.

This is fine."  (insert dog in burning house here)

The frustrating thing for me when that happened on my first try with that fight was I almost turned it around and won DESPITE having to start over.  I think I got to like 10-20% HP on the second time through before I finally go too worn down.

Next day I went in and everything went as it was supposed to though so that was cool.  Still though, I KNOW the feeling.  I never found those status blocking items either so I had to just pray I didn't run into that.

I'm still bitter the PS3 never got P4G, relatedly...

Ionasal kkll Solciel:

Lowkey, I've never finished P3FES despite having blasted through P4 enough to get Izanagi-no-Okami. I think I stopped right after Ryoji left?

(Also, I own a copy of P5 that I bought on heavy discount, but I've never played it yet. How shitty am I?)

In SMT games, there is no such thing as a cheap strategy, considering all the bullshit they throw at you. Consider that P5 has a drop dead easy way to slay the Reaper - make him catch the flu. Also consider the only really reliable strategy to kill the Demi-Fiend in DDS relies heavily on giving your guys Null Sleep (nulls all damage while asleep) and putting them out whenever the foe is about to use Gaea Rage.

Pages: << < (190/191) > >>

Go to full version