Author Topic: 東方妖々夢 ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom.  (Read 202539 times)

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
Re: 東方妖々夢 ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »
PCB - Lunatic
ghost333 - C - 816,699,510 - 0.880% - replay

well is should post one for lunatics ..

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 01:29:44 PM »
I know Heartbeam is preparing for this one (I hope).

Reimu B - Lunatic
.ASP - C - 1,859,730,060 - 0.131% - Replay

Yeah to the top of overall PCB score!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:34:39 PM by Zetzumarshen »

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 11:47:14 PM »
Hard - Reimu B
lmagus - 424,542,330 - C - 0.286% - Replay

Four Hard modes 1cc'd!
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 03:41:51 AM »
...when I uploaded my replay, it gave me a link to a Sapz PCB Extra run instead of mine. Huh?  ???
it'll do that, use royalflare (score or replay is fine) or something
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »
Still not too good at scoring in this game... scoring high is not too complex but scoring really high past the billion border requires a lot more.

Normal - ReimuB
Zengeku - 940,413,730 - C - 0.542% - http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6254

mikeKOSA

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 05:03:38 AM »
Phantasm - ReimuB
mikeKOSA - 936,889,820 - C - 0.324% - replay (No Focus)

didnt expect to get a high score on this run....

Phantasm - SakuyaB
mikeKOSA - 862,532,910 - C - 0.245% - replay

EDIT:

Extra - SakuyaB
mikeKOSA - 849,992,420 - C - 2.696% - replay

.....why didnt i submit this one??

Extra - SakuyaA
mikeKOSA - 741,066,810 - C - 0.353% - replay

SakuyaA sucks really bad... wont be using her anymore i guess

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:41:51 PM by mikeKOSA »

Heartbeam

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 06:43:06 PM »
I know Heartbeam is preparing for this one (I hope).

Sorry, sort of dropped these games and ran away from all the sites this past month.  Feeling better (not just the games) now after a few days of practice catch-up, even though this is one of the easiest Lunatics out there.  Happy to see your achievements with UFO.

Lunatic - Marisa A
Heartbeam - 1,781,429,850 - C - 0.363% - Replay
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:45:40 PM by Heartbeam »

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 06:46:36 PM »
Welcome back  :D

I tracked replay.gensokyo.org and now preparing for the worst.

Lunatic - Reimu B
.ASP - 1,918,614,120 - C - 0.087% - Rep

Stage 4! If only I figured out preparation before and after Lily, I (maybe) would have 2 billions! ... and ;_; Sumizome.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:13:28 PM by Zetzumarshen »

Heartbeam

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2009, 12:56:41 AM »
Thank you so much for your efforts!  Motivation, so on.

Lunatic - Reimu A
Heartbeam - 1,647,330,460 - C - 0.370% - Replay

Filler down!

Lunatic - Reimu B
Heartbeam - 1,945,856,570 - C - 0.448% - Replay

So, missed a good grazing opportunity at the beginning of stage four and I really didn't see the death coming during Hanged Hourai Dolls.  Should have brought out an entire extra border starting with planning as early as stage six Youmu, but the pressure was building and I didn't want to spend more time with Yuyuko's opener.  Missed out on a great bullet bonus too.

.ASP, did you submit this?  Is this person around?  After checking with your submission the routes are very similar, and speaking of your latest submission I saw that you were a whole 72M ahead by the end of stage five.  And you're doing that supergraze method for stage four.  At least, half of it.  Moving by the strategies so quickly.  Ah, you're amazing.

Extra - Sakuya B
Heartbeam - 931,502,730 - C - 0.191% - Replay

Oh, this stage.

Lunatic - Marisa B
Heartbeam - 1,503,115,500 - C - 0.424% - Replay

Let the poor cherry rate and unfocused shot graphic get to my head.  This is horrifying!

Hard - Marisa B
Heartbeam - 1,673,714,330 - C - 0.376% - Replay

Tedious Alice battle, but a little endurance run never hurt.  Glancing at the bars gets old quickly at this point.

Lunatic - Sakuya B
Heartbeam - 1,785,956,490 - C - 0.396% - Replay

Missing several spell captures with this shot type but didn't feel like filling out the record with stage practice.  The current posted score is a little low so I guess this one can go up.

Normal - Sakuya A
Heartbeam - 1,407,198,040 - C - 0.333% - Replay

Timeout of Deadly Dance with a panic death on top.

Hard - Sakuya A
Heartbeam - 1,429,329,260 - C - 0.347% - Replay

Should have learned the first time.  I must redeem myself with stage practice.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:40:42 AM by Heartbeam »

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2009, 07:19:53 AM »
.ASP, did you submit this?  Is this person around?  After checking with your submission the routes are very similar, and speaking of your latest submission I saw that you were a whole 72M ahead by the end of stage five.

Sorry to disappoint you, yes it was me. And that 72M advantages were depleted at the time I fought yuyuko. Where that 100M came from? I must return to the drawing board.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 11:24:40 PM »
Extra - SakuyaB
mikekOSA - 1,016,438,400 - C - 0.347% - replay

got a bit serious here... could have been better. lots of failed border timings, mistake on ultimate buddhist and Descent of Izuna Gongen, and failed to get the last extend...

Extra - MarisaA
mikeKOSA - 928,084,490 - C - 0.319% - replay

double KO on unilateral contact
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:44:54 AM by mikeKOSA »

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2009, 06:04:01 AM »
FINALLY

Lunatic - ReimuB
.ASP - 1,988,529,590 - C - 0.205% - Replay

This is what I've been doing for past 4 days. Researching, practicing, and mental forging. Yet I cannot imitate that Verbatim run, perfecting Yuyuko. Mistakes were here and there. Death on Hanged Hourai Doll destroyed my perfect execution before that card, ~560000 max item value iirc. Then that supergraze on early stage 4 was ruined. Fortunately things could be worse on post Lily, and fate decide that. Youmu consoled me, but then her master spoiled the run that could have broke 2B mark.

Tips on handling stage 4 please~ :3
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:06:04 AM by Zetzumarshen »

Heartbeam

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:44 AM »
Obligatory "Do what HS参謀 does.  Study it hard."  You probably already caught on, but you want to position yourself just a little higher when going against Lily White.  Then it'll be easier to keep your movements to a minimum and likely destroys her early enough such that you'll get another extra enemy wave that shoots blue stuff easily avoidable on the way to the POC, leaving you not dead trying to collect the sacred bomb.

Can't really judge the shotgun fairies because of that little mistake, but I find that a Duplex Barrier works best for the first two quad fairy sets of blue, and Evil Sealing Circle for the red sets because of the rate at which they drop down.  Actually, after saying that I may be wrong.  Duplex Barrier may be right for all the sets.  Nevermind, now I remember why I don't use Duplex Barrier all the way.

A replay if you would like.  Now if you do watch it...

The bit about using Duplex Barriers for the shotgun fairies, there's obviously no immediate rush to destroy the last fairy on the left side because of POC value reasons, this fairy and the ones being destroyed by the bomb.  I find that moving straight down to destroy it does the job too quickly and I end up collecting items below value, so I like to do a little curve around before destroying it from underneath.  However, on the second set I curve around too much and almost lose the fairy so I'd make sure to hit it with a little of the shot on the way down, like on the first set.  Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and congratulations!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:40:12 AM by Heartbeam »

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 07:17:44 AM »
Thanks for the tips! I was panicked at the shotgun fairies because I have bomb in stock, so there, mistakes everywhere. If I do not have bomb in stock, I prefer SET's strategy, missing 2 blue quad fairy, and 3 red quad fairy (which translates to ... 50 item points? ;_;). I remembered suiciding in the middle of quad fairies, but it will only trigger the border prematurely (and probably broken from some bullets), and have to spend 1 bomb again to collect the powerup.But I will keep your advice, I'd like every possible screw up to have a sort of back up plans.

The hardest part from your replay is to destroy Lily ASAP. I tried to position myself at the base of letter "Cherry" interface, which you advice me to go over a little higher. I assume it is around the middle-below of the letter. Then I have to deal with the pellets. Any advice? Can I just focus on one of those pellets and the other pellets will be misdirected for one wave? This thought were just crossed my mind on while writing this, does the most important pellet of wave 1 are the left most of the series of that 5 pellets? I can't think the 2nd and 3rd wave dangerous pellet. But the fourth are again, the series of that 5 pellets. Or there aren't any tips, just retry no vertical lily over and over again?

leaving you not dead trying to collect the sacred bomb.
A very precious bomb that increase your item value by 50k, or more.

Heartbeam

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 05:24:45 PM »
Okay, let me see if I followed you.

I'm guessing by that you mean the five pellets close together starting to the upper left of Reimu's head, and not the pellet cluster starting to spread out at Lily's position which will form a row outlined by yellow in the second panel.  Only the pellets marked by yellow should ever get in the way at the correct vertical position (like you said, lots of no-vert practice). 

Important about the minimal movements because of the pellets being based around Lily's position, you'll need that space when tapping back to the right.  So when she pops up for the second wave of aimed bullets you should be directly below her when they go off.  As shown in the third panel the red aimed bullets from the second barrage will have a small gap on either side before ending with one of the pellets.  Not really a good indicator there because they haven't fallen into place yet and it looks like there's more room on the left side.  Anyway, that'll be the gap to take when moving back.

Now you brought up the fourth wave pellets which I still assume to be the ones close together.  You probably just need to nudge over more to the right so they go under you instead of overhead.  Or send another replay to be nitpicked on.  There's too much going on to describe with a mass of words.  I should do what Yoslime does.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »
Minimal movement and specific bullet to dodge. I think you have helped me reduce pointless trial and error session with Lily white, by at least 2 digits mark.

Thank you very much for your advice! ;D

No wait, I bow to your advice.

Lunatic - Reimu B
.ASP - 2,076,438,340 - C - 0.534% - Replay

Total 3 misses, 1 suicide (4). The 2 misses are very silly, early part of the stage 5. I didn't see a stray blue bullet because of border display bonus. Second one is at Youmu midboss card, on the first wave, pretty much because of my hands partially trembling. Later I broke 3 border at Yuyuko, at Suicide Village, Ghost Knives, and Sumizome, which could be death, so I partially grateful.

Oh it ranked #9 on score.royalflare! I've gotten into the first digit!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 02:07:06 PM by Zetzumarshen »

Heartbeam

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »
Always grateful for your presence.

Lunatic - Reimu B
Heartbeam - 2,119,030,610 - C - 0.358% - Replay

Not the only mistake obviously, but notable for breaking the border against Yuyuko's initial bubble wave for Sumizome Perfect Blossom.  As said though, it could get worse, it could get a lot worse.

Entered stage six with a little over 900K value.  No doubt everything needs more work, always more work.  All I could do to try and keep my calm during Yuyuko was think 'this is routine, just a routine'.

Nowhere else to put it so mostly useless and likely outdated findings can go here.

Only this past game did I realize Youmu takes full damage during the pause between her second and third spell.  Would have been helpful back when I couldn't figure out how the others squeeze in a border on Easy with that battle.

You know how there's sometimes a cloud on the spawn point for bullets and it would generally be a safespot?  The enemies shooting blue suicide bullets in stage four do that and it definitely works.

After seeing Yuyuko's opener several times and how it shifts to position I tried starting the battle to her direct left.  Makes the first wave more harmless than it already is.  Starting to the right gives you a weird one, though.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 03:37:57 PM by Heartbeam »

moozooh

• Your grandfather
    • Touhou world record tracker
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2009, 03:37:06 PM »
Heartbeam, you are currently in Royalflare's top-20 highest-ever scoring players in PCB.

Both of you should submit your replays!

Subliminal message:
SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT
<nintendonut888> Mountain of Faith, or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb."

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »
Wow, only 1 hour span.

Back to the drawing board again! :D

Oh btw for the Sumizome, I find that you can manipulate Yuyuko's movement. If she is on the middle, she will move left/right if youwere on left or right. If she was on the edge of the screen (left or right), she will move to the middle regardless of your position. By manipulating this fact, you can get easier barrage, by making Yuyuko move from Right (or Left, your preference) - Middle - Left - Middle - Right - etc. I already take mental note that border will be opened at 7th Yuyuko's movement.

You know how there's sometimes a cloud on the spawn point for bullets and it would generally be a safespot?  The enemies shooting blue suicide bullets in stage four do that and it definitely works.

The ones before Lily White? Or after? For what purpose? I can't think of one sorry  ???

EDIT : again, baby steps.

HS method of doing Repository is very simple actually, there is no need to micromemorize the background or bullets (which I thought first). Just nudge about 2-3 hitbox size upward, from "no vertical height" while you are on the side, and green and yellow butterflies will safely pass you. No need to rush to the middle. Then when you are at the middle, return downward 2-3 hitbox and you can resume the grazing fest.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:18:05 PM by Zetzumarshen »

Heartbeam

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2009, 10:51:37 PM »
Easy - Reimu B
Heartbeam - 1,410,911,880 - C - 0.287% - Replay

Flowery Soul crash and burn.  I should have known better.

The ones before Lily White? Or after? For what purpose? I can't think of one sorry  ???

Before, and neither can I which is why it gets lumped with the mostly useless category.  I don't know what I was talking about when I brought up that bit about Youmu.  Doesn't make a difference if you're shooting her then or later, the cherry-to-health ratio should be the same.  Now, for something like midboss Ran and Chen's last spell, does it move down so quickly because the spell has low health as a whole?

I know I wanted to say something else and it doesn't do a thing to mention it, but maybe I'll see this typed down later and remember.

In the case of not scoring with post-Lily White waves it seems better to also leave the third set of suicide enemies (pellets) alone.  Positioning then works out better in the middle and although there will be more firing bullets for not shooting as early, they're still easily handled with tapping (up-ish in the case of blue bullets).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 04:35:14 AM by Heartbeam »

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »
Now, for something like midboss Ran and Chen's last spell, does it move down so quickly because the spell has low health as a whole?
They have super armor or getting less damage (haven't touched extra for ages) for a few second, but at the spellcard transition they can receive full damage. In that case, I think the cherry/damage ratio should be same whether you exploited the spellcard transition vulnerabilities or not. For outdated strategies, defeating Ran/Chen ASAP is beneficial for saving time (... me and my thousands retries) and reducing risks.

Heartbeam

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2009, 06:02:01 AM »
Phantasm - Reimu A
Heartbeam - 989,298,980 - C - 0.263% - Replay

Needs a no focus / no miss tag.

Okay!  The idea of interest is a PCB Hard no-shoot run.  Default settings, of course.

First try ended at Asura Sword with two partial bomb stock deaths up to that point and only the 50 extend reached.  Marisa B appears to be the ideal candidate for this handicap thanks to the offensive capability of her bombs against spells and areas with large clusters of point items.  However, the idea started with Reimu B (probably the next best option, but haven't given thought to Sakuya) so planning will be based around her abilities.  Priority trouble spots will be identified followed by the next hazard level down.

It is reasonable to expect a no-miss for the first three stages.  Minor difficulties can be expected from endstage Chen's first spell (very low) and the stage portions for three (semi-low).  The main hazard for the stage portion of four is the very beginning.  Thanks to a severe lack of experimentation it is unknown what the best timing is for making the jump to the other side of the screen to finish streaming the rest of the bullets.  It can be done, but the challenge of the cutback varies.  One bomb.

Lunasa's two noncards are moderately difficult, but the opener poses the worst threat if the shots aren't carefully directed to the very end.  You'll have to do it for two rounds.  Not taking a chance with her personal spell.  Drop two bombs and move on.  If you can survive the first twenty seconds of Concerto Grosso then the potential worst of it is over.  Not sure if you can place a single Duplex Barrier somewhere down there to finish the spell.

Practice the stage five fairy spam and remove all doubt.  The arrowhead bullets will always fall in the same place.  Endstage Youmu's first spell is questionable.  Is it possible to do an ESC far away from her but drop a Duplex following to finish the spell or is that too little damage?  Considering how using a bomb that isn't planned will pretty much neutralize the following wave, and you'd have to make three mistakes before it would have been better to drop two Duplex Barriers from the start.  Never though of her second and fourth spells to be so terrible anymore, but timing them out raises that fear a little.  No offensive bombs planned for those.

Drop an unfocused bomb as late as possible for the stage six spam and hope you draw plenty of items.  In a previous pacifist run on Easy you should be able to reach 300 items if you collected all the items from Yuyuko's survival spell, but getting an extend for that spell isn't an emergency and you'd have to no-miss everything to begin with.  Just hope to reach the 200 extend with the bomb in this section.

Another bomb is expected for Sumizome Perfect Blossom at best, unless you're out and now have all the confidence in the world backing you.  The rest of the fight should be a steady endurance test.

By the end of the no-shoot run you should have room for five misses and fifteen bombs.  Distribute them to places with half a doubt and not dying with stock is more important than ever.  Well, that didn't look so bad typing it down.

Okay, latest attempt, forgot to add the bullet spam before endstage Youmu as an autobomb for the time being.  Maybe it's static.  What I previously regarded as a semi-low threat for the stage portions of three quickly turned on me and I ended up bombing both sections.  Stage six was anything but an uphill battle.  Entered with zero bombs so died anyway and dropped a Duplex Barrier to hoard all those items, securing the 300 extend.  One bomb on Yuyuko's second noncard but I'm sure it's entirely doable.  Caution bomb on the last rotation of Deadly Dance to avoid sliding through another set of sideway blue bullets.  Clean battle the rest of the way.  Absolutely worst start to the first three stages yet but I don't mind now.  It's done!

Can't really judge the shotgun fairies because of that little mistake, but I find that a Duplex Barrier works best for the first two quad fairy sets of blue, and Evil Sealing Circle for the red sets because of the rate at which they drop down.  Actually, after saying that I may be wrong.  Duplex Barrier may be right for all the sets.  Nevermind, now I remember why I don't use Duplex Barrier all the way.

Nevermind again.  Duplex Barrier works all the way after looking through my old first 1CC.  And during the blue sets I went below the POC before the bomb could destroy the third fairy, preserving the continued collection of items at max value.  Second half of stage three portion for that run was great entertainment.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:39:55 PM by Heartbeam »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2009, 03:31:08 AM »
Phantasm - Sakuya B
Garlyle - 525,669,450 - C - 1.780% - Replay

Heartbeam

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
Extra - Sakuya B
Heartbeam - 1,116,854,590 - C - 0.102% - Replay

Extra - Reimu B
Heartbeam - 1,170,059,850 - C - 0.178% - Replay

Extra - Reimu A
Heartbeam - 1,036,923,870 - C - 0.134% - Replay
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:59:25 AM by Heartbeam »

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
Too weak to even shout "yes!".

Lunatic - Reimu B
.ASP - 2,223,013,980 - C - 0.165% - Replay

The only thing that made me hold out from deadly trembling attack is because there is risk while taking no risk
Spoiler:
yet I was still border breaking Resurrection -80%
Now how long this score will hold out.

moozooh

• Your grandfather
    • Touhou world record tracker
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2010, 06:06:53 PM »
Damn. o_0

This is too good.
<nintendonut888> Mountain of Faith, or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb."

mikeKOSA

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 04:01:23 AM »
Extra - ReimuA
mikeKOSA - 963,281,480 - C - 0.508% - Replay

wow, no deaths and got the 800 point extend

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »
Extra - ReimuA
Dodgeball - 548,549,230 - C - 0.056% - Replay

Extra - SakuyaA
Dodgeball - 523,637,510 - C - 0.061% - Replay

Extra - SakuyaB
Dodgeball - 498,767,790 - C - 0.060% - Replay
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:57:54 PM by Dodgeball »

Heartbeam

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
A day (and yesterday) to quit languishing and fire up some full runs.  Otherwise the concentration remains in poor condition.

Normal - Marisa A
Heartbeam - 1,675,257,190 - C - 0.380% - Replay

Normal - Reimu B
Heartbeam - 1,738,330,840 - C - 0.312% - Replay

Little slip-up on Yuyuko's fourth spell costing a possible 1.75B score, but even then it wouldn't do anything for Royalflare.  On the other hand, Sumizome Perfect Blossom was a complete mess but still made it out with borders, lives, and bombs intact.  Most of the other stages were littered with rough spots.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:03:24 PM by Heartbeam »

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »
Normal - Reimu B

ZERO - 340,190,370 - C - 0.356% - Replay

I could do better than this, but still it's my first normal speed run. Frantic hands, played on a laptop with a remapper
Spoiler:
Fuck you Acer
and then the sudden adrenaline rush in the end of the cards.

Better than nothing IMO.