Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 233177 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2018, 02:39:13 AM »
> "It's so weird. It's enough to make me think the Grail really IS playing favorites. Unless I've always been able to do it, and I'm just finding out now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2018, 04:46:03 AM »
> "It's so weird. It's enough to make me think the Grail really IS playing favorites. Unless I've always been able to do it, and I'm just finding out now."

>"I think only you can answer that," says Archer. "But, what makes you think it's the Grail? Just, no better explanation, or is there something happening?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2018, 08:28:28 PM »
> "Well, I'll admit it could just be me finding out about it now because I'm pushing my magic a lot farther than I've ever needed to..."
> "But, there's no reason for me to be able to do this. I'm not even sure it's magic, since it has nothing to do with the spell I'm casting. The only explanation I can think of is that the presence of the Grail is allowing access to something that isn't normally there. "
> "Also, the dreams with everything being slow started just after I summoned you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
> "Well, I'll admit it could just be me finding out about it now because I'm pushing my magic a lot farther than I've ever needed to..."
> "But, there's no reason for me to be able to do this. I'm not even sure it's magic, since it has nothing to do with the spell I'm casting. The only explanation I can think of is that the presence of the Grail is allowing access to something that isn't normally there. "
> "Also, the dreams with everything being slow started just after I summoned you."

>She nods. "I can't say anything about the dreams, I guess."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2018, 01:14:27 PM »
> Let's continue along our merry way, secure in our knowledge that the universal constant of time bows before our godlike will.
> Actually, the real message of our dream was probably that it won't work on everything.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »
> Let's continue along our merry way, secure in our knowledge that the universal constant of time bows before our godlike will.
> Actually, the real message of our dream was probably that it won't work on everything.

>At the very least, there seems to be a basis for something here. But two unrelated spells causing the same effect when altered in ways that should not be possible? You really aren't sure what to make of it, but you'll definitely need to look more into this.
>You make your way to the store, one Lloyd's Market. It looks like a local place, and disappointingly small on the outside, just an old brick place that probably has been around since before the turn of the 20th century. But inside you find it is quite claustrophobically full of aisles with what looks like a very nice selection indeed.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2018, 06:58:17 PM »
> "Just speak up if you see something you want to try, Archer."
> Let's try to avoid outright junk food this time. Pick out some sandwich stuff and some fruit to snack on, maybe a box of those cheap breakfast pastries if they have any. Get some plastic baggies to preserve any leftovers in the cooler, too.
> Any pots that look like they'd survive a campfire?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2018, 07:12:50 PM »
> "Just speak up if you see something you want to try, Archer."
> Let's try to avoid outright junk food this time. Pick out some sandwich stuff and some fruit to snack on, maybe a box of those cheap breakfast pastries if they have any. Get some plastic baggies to preserve any leftovers in the cooler, too.
> Any pots that look like they'd survive a campfire?

>You pick up a small selection of goodies; some sandwich fixins, a few bananas, apples, and oranges. You do find some cheap breakfast pastries. Glancing at the small selection of cookwares they have off to the side, there are some pots. Would they survive a campfire? Maybe? They do survive burners set on high, at least.
>Archer nods at your statement, and seems content to browse until you pass by the spice section. Her interest definitely seems to be piqued.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »
> Muse cheerily at the situation. "Alright Archer. All the stuff that normally had to be hauled in over two continents before it got to you, now at your fingertips. What do you want to try?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2018, 08:14:30 PM »
> Muse cheerily at the situation. "Alright Archer. All the stuff that normally had to be hauled in over two continents before it got to you, now at your fingertips. What do you want to try?"

>"I don't know..." she says. "Honestly, I don't even know what a lot of these are. But I know some of them."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2018, 09:49:00 PM »
> "Well, you can try those, or just pick one with a name you like."
> Check the price on the bottles.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2018, 10:23:43 PM »
> "Well, you can try those, or just pick one with a name you like."
> Check the price on the bottles.

>They aren't terribly expensive for what you get, most are a couple dollars each, some of the blends are a bit more.
>Archer nods and considers, then quickly nabs a few bottles. "I know I can use these."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2018, 11:04:56 PM »
> "Alright. I suppose you'll need something to cook with them, so..."
> Do the pots have metal handles, at least? Plastic probably won't cut it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2018, 01:14:52 AM »
> "Alright. I suppose you'll need something to cook with them, so..."
> Do the pots have metal handles, at least? Plastic probably won't cut it.

>"I can find something," she says.
>Some of them do.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2018, 02:42:30 AM »
> What's the price on one of the bigger ones?
> Actually, did we see a Goodwill anywhere around here? It would be much cheaper to pick up some cookware there.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2018, 04:03:32 AM »
> What's the price on one of the bigger ones?
> Actually, did we see a Goodwill anywhere around here? It would be much cheaper to pick up some cookware there.

>They seem to range from 15-25 dollars.
>You recall a few thrift stores on the main strip in Rehoboth,

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2018, 06:17:29 PM »
> Show Archer the $15 pot. "I dunno, do you think this'll cut it? I know where we can get a bigger one but we'll have to walk all the way to the main road."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »
> Show Archer the $15 pot. "I dunno, do you think this'll cut it? I know where we can get a bigger one but we'll have to walk all the way to the main road."

>"For just the two of us?" she says. "That'll be fine."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #258 on: July 04, 2018, 07:08:37 PM »
> "Okay, perfect."
> We'll get the pot, and pick out some stew staples like carrots, potatoes, and onions.
> "I think this'll be enough for a few days with us eating out once or twice. Anything you want to add?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2018, 07:55:06 PM »
> "Okay, perfect."
> We'll get the pot, and pick out some stew staples like carrots, potatoes, and onions.
> "I think this'll be enough for a few days with us eating out once or twice. Anything you want to add?"

>She looks at the ingredients curiously for a moment; you remember suddenly that some of of these are new world crops. Then she nods. "Yes, that'll do just fine."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »
> "Good, I think we're set."
> Ring everything up.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2018, 09:12:09 PM »
> "Good, I think we're set."
> Ring everything up.

>The whole set ends up costing you a good thirty or so dollars.
>While your are checking things out, you note that Archer has gotten absorbed by a collection of various sauces in one aisle.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #262 on: July 04, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
> Send this, as we don't need to explain to the cashier why Archer doesn't know what barbeque sauce is. "Something got your eye?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #263 on: July 04, 2018, 09:34:41 PM »
> Send this, as we don't need to explain to the cashier why Archer doesn't know what barbeque sauce is. "Something got your eye?"

>"Just trying to figure out what all this is," Archer says.
>While you trust her with seasonings, you aren't so sure about sauces. From what you've seen so far, she is definitely the type to mix blue cheese dressing with ketchup and relish...

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2018, 07:58:59 PM »
> "If it says 'dressing' it's for salad, most of the rest of it should be sweet or spicy sauce for different kinds of meat."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2018, 09:05:57 PM »
> "If it says 'dressing' it's for salad, most of the rest of it should be sweet or spicy sauce for different kinds of meat."

>"Mmmm." she says, frowning. Her expression suggests she's not wholly convinced.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2018, 11:23:17 PM »
> "Hold on a sec."
> Finish our transaction and go have a look.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2018, 01:43:12 AM »
> "Hold on a sec."
> Finish our transaction and go have a look.

>You get your things and have a closer look. Mmm, yeah, it looks like this place put all the dressings and sauces on the same aisle.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2018, 03:39:11 AM »
> "Oh, some of these are condiments too."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2018, 04:13:04 AM »
> "Oh, some of these are condiments too."

>"What's the difference?" she says.