Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289572 times)

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (REOPENED)
« Reply #570 on: August 13, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »
Darn, i mined like 20 diamonds right before it died. I hope I still have it. Also are there mods on the server now?
i sure hope so! (i doubt they are going to add the beer mod though  :wat: ) though i really hope there are going to be a LOT of fun ones

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #571 on: August 13, 2011, 07:32:25 PM »
2+ hours later, and we're still unable to connect. Provision Host seems to be up, so I take this incident as plugin install and testing time. But this is taking a bit of time.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #572 on: August 13, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »
2+ hours later, and we're still unable to connect. Provision Host seems to be up, so I take this incident as plugin install and testing time. But this is taking a bit of time.
*impatiently waiting for server to reopen*

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #573 on: August 13, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
Yeah, we're watching warmly. In the meantime everyone else goes for TH13...time to get some Touhou GTA work done until then.

Hopefully we see some interesting changes once it's back up! ^^
Bad command or file name

« Reply #574 on: August 13, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »
Hey guys. I have no idea what's going on either. I cannot access the server files at all. I also cannot send a support ticket to Provision host, seeing that the account is under Stuffman's name and stuff. I've PM'ed him about this, so hopefully they can solve this soon.

I regret not being able to do anything more....

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #575 on: August 13, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »
*sigh*
Well, in the mean time, I can design stuff in single player.
Strafe, for you. I found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80giRRGGQYM
well you can see the city after about a minute. So I don't have to make one now, right?  :derp:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #576 on: August 13, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »
well you can see the city after about a minute. So I don't have to make one now, right?  :derp:
No, you still have to make Minecraft's Edge 2, thanks to your plans for a city and the parkour rabbit hole. :3
DDR used to have a video with parts of the original, and PX did record the event but I don't know if he uploaded it yet.
Alternatively, look at a few Mirror's Edge videos for an idea of how it should look and function.
Bad command or file name

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #577 on: August 13, 2011, 09:46:31 PM »

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #578 on: August 13, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »
No, you still have to make Minecraft's Edge 2, thanks to your plans for a city and the parkour rabbit hole. :3
DDR used to have a video with parts of the original, and PX did record the event but I don't know if he uploaded it yet.
Alternatively, look at a few Mirror's Edge videos for an idea of how it should look and function.
You do know the rabbit hole's done, right?
And Im not making a city. Sorry, just, no. The biggest thing you can get out of me is the scarlet devil mansion.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #579 on: August 13, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »
The biggest thing you can get out of me is the scarlet devil mansion.
I'm pretty sure the inside of that would be larger than Minecraft's Edge.
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2011, 09:57:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure the inside of that would be larger than Minecraft's Edge.
ok, whats this minecraft's edge?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2011, 10:01:02 PM »
ok, whats this minecraft's edge?
This was a server event DDR made. Essentially, he made a city (don't know dimensions, but they were appx. 100 x 100 x 64) which was used as a long parkour course for this event, and made in a fashion similar to Mirror's Edge. In the end there was a chest full of goodies for the winners (we had a race there).

Bad command or file name

« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2011, 10:01:36 PM »
Strafe, for you. I found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80giRRGGQYM
Impressive! However, discovery =/= construction. Get crackin'. :V

As if my Minecraft to-do list wasn't long enough already... I'm greatly considering building the Mausoleum Tower from Ten Desires. :3

..but we have to get online again first.

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2011, 10:06:54 PM »
This was a server event DDR made. Essentially, he made a city (don't know dimensions, but they were appx. 100 x 100 x 64) which was used as a long parkour course for this event, and made in a fashion similar to Mirror's Edge. In the end there was a chest full of goodies for the winners (we had a race there).
well, 100 blocks can be pritty small for a city, so possibly. Course Ive been considering the scarlet mansion project for quite a while. My main problem being a lack of supplies. Unless no one minds donating more than 1,000 blocks of cobblestone and hundreds of coal so I can smelt it so the mansion looks nice.
Using any other material = impossible unless it's dirt.

« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
By the way, Sunny. SSkye was already building the SDM in the previous world. I have yet to run into him/her on the new server to see if he/she would want me to import it.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #585 on: August 13, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »
well, 100 blocks can be pritty small for a city, so possibly. Course Ive been considering the scarlet mansion project for quite a while. My main problem being a lack of supplies. Unless no one minds donating more than 1,000 blocks of cobblestone and hundreds of coal so I can smelt it so the mansion looks nice.
Using any other material = impossible unless it's dirt.
Well, OK, I underestimated it, but you can still make a mini-city there and yet make a long-ass parkour area! ^^
Considering that Skye was building the SDM already on the previous server (and that we have no clay chests yet), I suggest doing this project first.
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #586 on: August 13, 2011, 10:18:14 PM »
Well, OK, I underestimated it, but you can still make a mini-city there and yet make a long-ass parkour area! ^^
Considering that Skye was building the SDM already on the previous server (and that we have no clay chests yet), I suggest doing this project first.
Why is everyone set on me making a city? '_'

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #587 on: August 13, 2011, 10:22:33 PM »
Why is everyone set on me making a city? '_'
Because villages + castles implies that we're under feudalism. :V
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #588 on: August 13, 2011, 10:49:08 PM »
:derp:
ok, 2 project ideas. A bridge, (like an actual bridge, not a slab going across. one with sidewalks and upper beams with attacking beams) or a big tree house (a giant tree with a tree house spiraling around with rooms and other features)

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #589 on: August 13, 2011, 11:24:40 PM »
i belive non-modded Minecraft (ike without industrialcraft and such) is supossed to be in a feudal age. hints the Swords, Bow + arrows as only weapons, Zombies, Skeletons and giant spiders as enemies, as well as the whole, find and smelt your own metals for survival... so, i don't see anything wrong with it being considered a feudal era area.  :V

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #590 on: August 13, 2011, 11:29:21 PM »
THE SERVER WORKS!!!!!!!  :] :] :]

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #591 on: August 13, 2011, 11:30:51 PM »
Sorry guys, I was asleep.

I put in a ticket to restart it and it was up again right away.

I also gave Strafe my login to the Provision Host site so he can put in tickets if he needs to.

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #592 on: August 14, 2011, 06:32:43 AM »
hey, those of us that are on the server atm have concluded that being killed by your own wolves attacking you is hence forth being called "pulling a jimmy" (unless that has been taken and none of us are aware of it) i shot myself with an arrow and my own wolves came and tore me to shreads.  :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #593 on: August 14, 2011, 07:05:21 AM »
Way to go, son

Also guys I can't find a proper place for the blockey arena. :(
The area I picked at first was too small
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #594 on: August 14, 2011, 07:21:14 AM »
I'll help. Exploring is my key business.
Anyway, I still have to find locations to build my massives.

« Reply #595 on: August 14, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »
I can help you pick a spot. We can always clear out some space if you need to do so.

Also, it seems that the area around the spawn is become a bit congested. Rather, we're having a large amount of arenas being built close by. It seems that each builder reserves a large tract of space to build individual arenas to suit their own whims. I doubt we need to have this many, especially in such a close proximity.  I mean, they're cluttering up the view of the town. (can we even call it a town?)

Seriously, we have like four at the moment. EP built the first Battle Arena and another one dedicated to Mob hunting. Haku wants a Blockey arena. PX is building one dedicated to traps? Chen is possibly working on one? Do we really need this many arenas all gathered in one place? How about the arena builders unite their projects, or spread out a bit further from spawn? Please?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #596 on: August 14, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »
Also, it seems that the area around the spawn is become a bit congested. Rather, we're having a large amount of arenas being built close by. It seems that each builder reserves a large tract of space to build individual arenas to suit their own whims. I doubt we need to have this many, especially in such a close proximity.  I mean, they're cluttering up the view of the town. (can we even call it a town?)

Seriously, we have like four at the moment. EP built the first Battle Arena and another one dedicated to Mob hunting. Haku wants a Blockey arena. PX is building one dedicated to traps? Chen is possibly working on one? Do we really need this many arenas all gathered in one place? How about the arena builders unite their projects, or spread out a bit further from spawn? Please?
For my next arena projects I plan to have it further out from spawn and have a different layout from the 'flat giant-ass square or rectangle' design that has been running things. That is, if I opt to make them.

The major issue I find here is that we spawn at the centre, meaning commute times are also a problem. This can be alleviated with /warp or modified portals, maybe a rail system as well. But until a solution's implemented, the distance between spawn plat and the arena is part of the reason why we're all camping out and building so close by, particularly north and east of spawn (so much that I dub it Arena Land).

As for why arena building is all the rage, well, I take it we're not bloodthirsty enough.

My reasons for my arenas were (for EPArena) because spawn plat was being used as a fighting ring and (for the mob hunt place) to automate the popular 'mob rush' style of arena fights.
It seems PX's arena is being built because, well, he's PX. :V BSoD and I have assisted with its construction, and this also fills in my plans for a large flat mega-arena (until I get the time for a football stadium).
As for Chen's...I take it as riding on a fad and little else.
I do like the idea of a Blockey arena, but we need to find a new space for that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:08:10 PM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #597 on: August 14, 2011, 07:32:05 PM »
It seems PX's arena is being built because, well, he's PX. :V BSoD and I have assisted with its construction, and this also fills in my plans for a large flat mega-arena (until I get the time for a football stadium).
And that was made much more difficult than it needed to be because of shift not working when we used it. We fell so many times over and over again, and it was getting quite annoying.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #598 on: August 14, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »
I didn't know what to build
First , it was a giant wheat farm. Then it was a maze (no space). Then it was an arena.  :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #599 on: August 14, 2011, 09:57:42 PM »
Well I thought it was a good idea to keep the arenas close together so that they're all actually used :V

Plus with blockey being a full game with rules and stuff we could easily organize teams and matches and have fun with that
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .