Author Topic: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil score.dat Request.  (Read 17591 times)

kyokii

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil score.dat Request.
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:05:51 AM »
May someone kindly upload their score.dat for Embodiment of Scarlet Devil? I want to try Flandre's stage and my skill or lack thereof limits me from clearing the game without being utterly destroyed by one thing or another. :(

Thank you in advance, gentlemen. Or ladies.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil score.dat Request.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 05:09:34 AM »
Not to be rude, but it's a little lame trying to take the easy way out. With enough practice anybody can at least beat normal. Extra is supposed to be your reward for a job well done.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 05:28:09 AM »
Here you go.

Though, before you download, I should really warn you:  EoSD's Extra is the hardest Ex stage in the series.  If you can't even 1cc story mode on Normal, you probably won't even get past the midboss in the Extra stage any time soon.  Nevertheless, if you really want to, go ahead and have at it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 05:34:53 AM by Azinth »

kyokii

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 05:40:12 AM »
Much appreciated, Azinth. I am super thrilled to check it out.

I agree with nintendonut888 that I am copping out. I remember playing it about year ago, but I got so frustrated I RAGEquit... plus, school started so I never got back into it, regardless of whether I wanted to get back into it or not.

For whatever reason today, I was browsing my old hard drive today, found the game and booted it up...

Anyways, I am about to finish my course work for this semester (One week left!) and I have the entire summer to indulge in games. Hopefully I will be able to get good enough to earn it myself. In the mean time, I will satisfy my curiosity with the save file your have shared with me.

Thanks.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 06:18:19 AM »
EoSD's Extra is the hardest Ex stage in the series.

Whut.

SoEW extra and PCB phantasm are tougher than EoSD extra.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 06:32:22 AM »
Phantasm's bullet patterns might be a little bit harder, but you get so many lives to compensate for it, as well as supernatural borders.  In terms of just clearing, EoSD's extra is harder, imo.  And SoEW extra is a horribly designed piece of garbage, so yeah.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:55:23 AM by Azinth »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
I had the same intention once, but not with an extra stage (Extra stage is so easy to unlock in almost all Touhou games)

My case was with Reimu solo on hard mode. I was desperately searching for IN Score.dat  somewhere in february, which had Spellcard 216 unlocked. Good thing I couldn't. I kept on playing and playing untill I beated with Reimu solo. A true feeling of satisfaction that was.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 04:30:01 PM »
I want to try Flandre's stage and my skill or lack thereof limits me from clearing the game without being utterly destroyed by one thing or another. :(

I really suggest going for a normal 1CC, even if it includes setting lives to max and bombspam.  If you can't 1CC normal, it's likely you won't even get to see Flandre.  Beating Flandre was one of my original goals in Touhou but it took me an incredibly roundabout route (including beating phantasm, which is easier, sorry donut) before I got there.  Basically - try different things (including different games, it's hard to go for the same achievement over and over and over), look for the easy way around things (streaming etc. will trivialize a lot of attacks), and when in doubt, bomb. 

And plus, it'll all be worth it for the feeling of accomplishment watching Remilia explode that first time  :)

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 06:01:27 PM »
PCB Phantasm is easier Donut. End of story.