Author Topic: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]  (Read 80864 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »
Well, her knowing is unavoidable regardless.

>"Wow, this is your apartment? We just moved in a couple doors down!"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2017, 01:33:52 AM »
Well, her knowing is unavoidable regardless.

>"Wow, this is your apartment? We just moved in a couple doors down!"
>Mami blinks.
>"Really?"

>"Yup." Sanae nods, "Just moved in a couple of hours ago in fact."

>"I can confirm this." Kyubey adds, "I witnessed them leave their apartment prior to their encounter with the familiar. "

>"Huh. Well allow me to say welcome, then." Mami smiles, Small world... "Anyway, let's head inside. Would you two like some tea?"
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2017, 01:56:13 AM »
>"Tea sounds lovely! ...jeez, Kyubey really has been watching us, huh?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2017, 03:56:39 AM »
>"Tea sounds lovely! ...jeez, Kyubey really has been watching us, huh?"
>"I find the both of you quite intriguing and unusual, it's only natural that I observe in order to determine why that is." says Kyubey

>"Well then, the two of you can have a seat in the back room while I make some." says Mami as she opens the door. It's cosier back there...

>You enter a rather well-furnished and decorated dwelling that gives off a warm feeling. In front of you is a table with three chairs, and beyond that is another room with what appear to be large windows. It seems significantly larger than your apartment.

>"Go straight back and to the left." she says.
>You notice Kyubey is already heading there.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2017, 04:41:17 AM »
>"Oh, this is quite nice."
>Go ahead and head to the back to sit.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2017, 04:58:45 AM »
>"Oh, this is quite nice."
>Go ahead and head to the back to sit.
>"Yeah." Sanae nods in agreement as the two of you make your way to the back.
>You end up in a room with large windows, near the corner is a small couch. In front of that is a low, triangular, glass table sitting on a rug. There is space to sit around it.
>Kyubey hops onto the table and just sits there, tail swishing back and forth.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2017, 05:03:14 AM »
>"So Kyubey, you said we have.... potential to become magical girls?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2017, 05:40:31 AM »
>"So Kyubey, you said we have.... potential to become magical girls?"
>"She does, yes." Kyubey indicates Sanae, "However, I currently rank her potential to become a magical girl lower than most potential candidates on account of how unusual her magic potential is. In your case, I'm honestly unsure about your status as a candidate... While you both have irregular magic potentials, hers is closer to what would be considered normal than yours. Yours, on the other hand, is one of the most unusual I have ever seen: It's rather odd, atypical of any other magic potential I have sensed, in fact, it seems somewhat inhuman..."
>He tilts his head, "If you know anything, would you mind telling me why that is?"
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2017, 06:00:35 AM »
>Shake our head. "I don't know."

Kyubey is gonna be so suspicious of us, and he'll most likely find out sooner or later, but we're probably best off delaying that.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2017, 06:22:11 AM »
>Shake our head. "I don't know."
>Kyubey studies you for a moment.
>"Very well." he replies, seemingly appeased for now...

>After several moments of silence, Mami arrives in the room carrying a tray with a teapot and some cups.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2017, 06:54:51 AM »
>"Oh, thank you!"
>Enjoy tea.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2017, 07:09:32 AM »
>"Oh, thank you!"
>Enjoy tea.
>"You're welcome." Mami pours the cups and has a seat at the table. Maybe I should offer some food too? Nah, I shouldn't get carried away. We're here for a serious discussion anyway...

>You accept a cup and take a sip.
>Refreshing~
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »
>"So, you're a magical girl... because of Kyubey? And you fight things like that monster from earlier"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2017, 07:57:39 AM »
>"So, you're a magical girl... because of Kyubey? And you fight things like that monster from earlier"
>Mami nods, "I made a contract with Kyubey in exchange for having a wish granted, and now it's my duty to fight Witches."

>"Witches?" Sanae asks, "But didn't you say whatever that... thing... was was called a 'Familiar' "

>"Yes, it was. Familiars are minions created by witches to defend their barriers or perform certain tasks. What attacked you today was a rogue familiar acting without its master. It probably would've eventually grown into a witch itself if it was left alone too long." Hopefully it only recently broke away from its parent witch and hadn't had any time to eat humans yet...
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2017, 04:48:11 PM »
>"So witches are even worse than that thing was?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2017, 06:13:52 PM »
>"So witches are even worse than that thing was?"
>"Much worse. Witches spread the seeds of disaster across the world. Unexplained disappearances, suicides and murders are often the result of a witch." Mami sips her tea. "Not to mention that they are the source of familiars like the one that attacked you today. Which, if they break away from their masters, can become problems in their own right."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2017, 08:04:55 PM »
>"Unexplained disappearances and deaths... like we almost were." Shudder. "After hearing more about it, you really do sound like a superhero."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2017, 09:51:42 PM »
>"Unexplained disappearances and deaths... like we almost were." Shudder. "After hearing more about it, you really do sound like a superhero."
>Mami laughs a bit. "Well, if you put it that way, then yes." she takes on a more serious tone, "But please understand that unlike a superhero, I'm not invincible. Being a Magical Girl is a dangerous experience, I risk my life every time I fight a witch or familiar. "

>"If it's so dangerous, then why do you do it?" Sanae asks, "Did you know that you'd be risking your life so much when you made that contract thing?" The answer is probably "No", but it doesn't hurt to ask,  right?

>Mami frowns, "No. I did not. Though, I'm not sure most of the girls Kyubey contracts know the full extent of the dangers of fighting witches at first either." Of course,  in my case, I didn't really have a chance to learn about the risks before I contracted at all... "With that in mind, I do make it a point to tell any candidates Kyubey finds about the risks, if I can, so that they can consider those facts if and when they decide to form the contract."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2017, 10:03:20 PM »
>"I see... it's easy to get excited hearing about magical powers and fighting bad things, but real life isn't a cartoon. Although... I admit I'm curious about the part where Kyubey grants a wish. How does that work?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"I see... it's easy to get excited hearing about magical powers and fighting bad things, but real life isn't a cartoon. Although... I admit I'm curious about the part where Kyubey grants a wish. How does that work?"
>"It's simple" Kyubey speaks up, "When you form a contract with me, you make a wish, and I will grant it." he tilts his head "Normally I wouldn't approach someone as unusual as the two of you with an offer like this so quickly, but if you wanted, one of you could make a contract with me to witness a wish being granted first-hand."

>"Err... No thanks." says Sanae, "I mean, I honestly wouldn't make a decision like that just for the sake of seeing how wish granting works. I would rather save a wish for when I actually need a miracle to happen." In which case, I would actually USE a miracle...

>"Understandable." Kyubey looks at you, "And you?"
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
>Shake our head. "No, this... well, Mami's made it clear this is serious. If I just made a wish on a whim, it sounds like I might really regret it later. It'd have to be something worth endangering myself for."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>Shake our head. "No, this... well, Mami's made it clear this is serious. If I just made a wish on a whim, it sounds like I might really regret it later. It'd have to be something worth endangering myself for."
>"A wise choice." says Mami, "I couldn't agree more, Miss..." Oh my! I can't believe I forgot to ask them what their names were...
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
>"Oh! Everything was happening so fast, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Satori Komeiji." Bow, and then look to Sanae for her turn.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"Oh! Everything was happening so fast, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Satori Komeiji." Bow, and then look to Sanae for her turn.
>"Sanae Kochiya." Sanae bows as well. Huh... introductions kinda slipped my mind too...

>"Ah." Mami smiles, "Glad we could finally have a proper introductions. Though I probably should've asked for your names earlier. Sorry about that." she sips her tea, "Anyway, I couldn't agree more, Satori."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
>"Although... I imagine most people never even have the chance for something like having a wish granted. I'll have to think about whether there's anything I want enough, that I'd fight witches for it."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"Although... I imagine most people never even have the chance for something like having a wish granted. I'll have to think about whether there's anything I want enough, that I'd fight witches for it."
>"It's a rare opportunity, yes. So you shouldn't take it for granted." Mami looks you in the eyes, "Remember that you only get one wish if you decide to contract with Kyubey, and that there are no do-overs."

>"What if you wished for more wishes?" Sanae asks, I wonder what would happen...

>"A wish like that would not be possible under normal circumstances." says Kyubey "Believe it or not, there are upper limits to what kinds of wishes can be granted. However, these limits could theoretically be overcome if somebody had enough potential."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
>It seems like someone may really BE wishing for do-overs, considering the time loops... but we can't talk about that here.
>"Really? So for someone with a lot of potential, you'll grant even unreasonable wishes? Although I suppose there probably aren't many people like that."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>It seems like someone may really BE wishing for do-overs, considering the time loops... but we can't talk about that here.
>"Really? So for someone with a lot of potential, you'll grant even unreasonable wishes? Although I suppose there probably aren't many people like that."
>"The extent of a wish I can grant is limited only by a girl's potential." he replies, "Though, even candidates with low potential can still have a wide range of possible wishes granted to them. However, you are also correct in that beings with extremely high potential are rare."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
>"Oh, so the girl's potential itself helps grant the wish? At first I thought you were more like a genie. Come to think of it, what... ARE you, anyway? No offense meant, I'm just curious."
>Smile at Kyubey.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"Oh, so the girl's potential itself helps grant the wish? At first I thought you were more like a genie. Come to think of it, what... ARE you, anyway? No offense meant, I'm just curious."
>Smile at Kyubey.
>"I am a Messenger of Magic." he answers.

>"So, Mami, I've been meaning to ask" says Sanae, "What did Kyubey mean earlier when he said we were pulled into that familiar's 'Barrier'? Aren't barriers supposed to be, I don't know, more wall-like? All we saw was this weird place."

>"That strange place was, in fact, a barrier." Mami replies, "Witches and their familiars conceal themselves inside magical labyrinths: Their barriers. It's how they hide from people. The one you were in was pretty small, considering it was a familiar that was sustaining it. One made by an actual witch would've been much larger and easy to get lost in." she finishes her tea, "Speaking of getting lost, people who stumble into a barrier rarely come out alive, as the only way to leave is to either kill the witch or familiar that it belongs to, or wait until it moves to a new location."
>_