Author Topic: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc III.  (Read 133004 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc 2ED and 3
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »
Act One finished with the last fight, and Act Two apparently finished with this one. Also, can Kanako sense that the barrier is down? Oh, and also also, if Gensokyo's in the outside world, then things like cell phones work, so Aesera's going to be calling Grace again. If that's not okay, please let me know, and I'll remove it.

----------------------------------------

Things had happened.

Aesera's plan had worked. She'd drawn the chaos into herself and neutralized it. But then something else had happened. It's like I absorbed it, not just neutralized it. But it wasn't something she felt she should try again, and not because of how drained it had left her. She felt... Filled, I guess. Like it would be a bad idea to try and take any more in. Although engaging it mind-to-mind is probably still fine, as long as I do so without drawing it into myself. And then Azeri had spoken to her, and she's seen her new power briefly before collapsing.

And now she was back in Gensokyo. In front of the Hakurei shrine, with everyone else.

Aesera did a quick check of herself. No real injuries. Good. All my stuff seems okay. Nothing looks like It broke-what the hell?

Aesera saw something unexpected. My cell phone has reception. It didn't last time I was in Gensokyo.

Aesera placed a call, which was soon answered. "Hello?"

"Grace, it's Aesera."

"Aesera? What's going on?"

"A lot," Aesera said. "Grace, check the news. All the networks. The big ones in other countries, too. I'm looking for big stories, especially ones where people don't know what's going on. Call me back in, say, half an hour, and let me know what you've found. And, Grace?"

"Yes?"

"Check satellite maps, the kind that update constantly. Look at Japan. If there's anything unusual, include that in your report. Understood?"

"Um, yes, ma'am!"

"Good." Aesera ended the call, then walked over to Kanako, who looked... bad. "Are you all right?"

"I will be," Kanako said. "I'm just... well, I don't really know. Drained, I think. It happened when you drew out the chaos from Rin."

"What? Why would that affect you? It drained me, but why would it do that to you?"

"I don't know."

"Well, I won't be doing it again, I don't think, so that can wait until we've dealt with more pressing concerns. Kanako, we may have a problem."

"A problem," Kanako said. "Another one? What is it this time? I'm... well, not really up for a fight."

"It's not about a fight. We're in Gensokyo."

"Yes. We are. That's not the problem, though, is it?"

"I just got off the phone with Grace."

"How's that a... oh."

"There shouldn't be reception here."

"We noticed that when we moved here," Kanako said.

"Can you check the barrier in any way, do anything to see if it's still there? Because if it's not, we've got a bit of a problem."

------------------------------------------

OOC: YJ, it's up to you what Grace finds, if anything.

Also, I don't think there've been too many fights, but I do think they've been a bit too tough. All three of them we've only survived by the skin of our teeth; they really shouldn't all be that tough. There should be some easier ones, too, I think.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:59:53 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »
Oh. I didn't notice the edit.

Still, I could have sworn that was just the end of the second Arc, not the second Act. =/ Well then, I'll get to readin' up.

Edit: Also, I don't really think there are too many fights, I just think they're a bit too time-consuming. And not because typing up massive textwalls takes a(n understandably) long time.

Also, one last thing. How the hell did Newan go from having every single vein cut to suddenly using a blue claw/sickle thing? Not entirely sure what just happened there.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:59:54 PM by Unconditional Squawkers »

« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2011, 11:03:04 PM »
It's Arc 3 not Act. Common Sense ofc.

Also YJ. Some of your rules, I feel like quoting for epicness.

So what about Maribel and Renko?
And the daughters of Corruption.
And Himiko.
and Kanjou

So many questions, so little time...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2011, 01:09:32 AM »
Oh. Yeah, it is the third arc, not the third act. I don't really pay attention to the labels.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2011, 02:29:41 AM »
It's not my fault that I get myself confused when I type late at night! ;_; Editted to Arc 3.

Squawkers

You do remember how Yukari said that she can prevent the death of everyone ONCE? Aesera died once, but Yukari intervened. Now, Newan died once, and Yukari intervened again.

Sonae

Maribel and Renko. Hmm, whatever happened to them? I WAS TYPING HALF WAY WHEN YOU ASKED.

The Daughters of Corrupted fled, remember? They disappeared.

Apparently, Hirenko is with the rest of you!

I WAS TYPING THE KENSHOU PART WHEN YOU ASKED TOO. STOP BEING SO PUSHY.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2011, 02:38:28 AM »
WELL I DIDN'T KNOW SO DONT YELL AT ME FOR RUSHING YOU WHEN I WASN'T

Anyways did Sampson quit or something?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2011, 02:46:05 AM »
WELL I DIDN'T KNOW SO DONT YELL AT ME FOR RUSHING YOU WHEN I WASN'T

Anyways did Sampson quit or something?

He PM'd me saying that his exams and school are taking 90% of his time. He shall return at around 1st Nov.

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2011, 02:52:46 AM »
Ah, that's good then. That he'll return.

Anyways did you want the Achievement list?

Gonna drop it here anyways

The Achievement List
-Mythical Reunion (EASY, VANTE) -Used
-Artful Sacrifice (EASY, ALYSSA) -Used
-Nuclear Induced Insanity (EASY, GALE)
-As Resolute as the Mountains (EASY, AESERA) -Used
-Cheese! (EASY, NEWAN) -Used
-Bird Of Prey (EASY, VANTE) -Used
-Mother Of All Sparks (NORMAL, NEWAN) -Used
-Bird Of Eternity (EASY, RANNA) -Used
-Ghost Busters! (EASY, RHISEZA) -Used
-Climax Of The Subconscious (NORMAL, GALE) -Used
-Chaotic Discovery (NORMAL, NEWAN) -Used
-Chaotic Discovery (NORMAL, AESERA) -Used
-Chaotic Discovery (NORMAL, GALE)
-Chaotic Discovery (NORMAL, VANTE) -Used
-Chaotic Discovery (NORMAL, RANNA)
-Chaotic Discovery (NORMAL, ALYSSA) -Used
-Chaotic Discovery (NORMAL, RHISEZA)
-Curiousity Killed The Cat (HARD, AESERA)
-Just a Flesh Wound (LUNATIC, AESERA)
-Mortal Kombat (HARD, VANTE)
-Gracious Victory-Honorable Defeat (LUNATIC, VANTE)
-Breaking the Rules (HARD, GALE)
-Little Miss Princess (EASY, RHISEZA)
-Genuflection (PHANTASM, RANNA)
-WITH A THOUSAND WILLS ALL IN ONE! (HARD, NEWAN) -Used
-Wall of Dolls (EASY, ALYSSA)
-To Save Or Damn the World (NORMAL, NEWAN)
-To Save Or Damn the World (NORMAL, AESERA)
-To Save Or Damn the World (NORMAL, VANTE)
-To Save Or Damn the World (NORMAL, GALE)
-To Save Or Damn the World (NORMAL, RANNA)
-To Save Or Damn the World (NORMAL, ALYSSA)
-To Save Or Damn the World (NORMAL, RHISEZA)
-Resurrection Unleashed (SPECHUL, ALL) -Used?

Total Unused;;
Gale - 4
Ranna - 3
Rhiseza - 3
Aesera - 3
Vante - 3
Alyssa - 2
Newan - 1
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:02:44 AM by Sonae »

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2011, 03:15:35 AM »
Squawkers

You do remember how Yukari said that she can prevent the death of everyone ONCE? Aesera died once, but Yukari intervened. Now, Newan died once, and Yukari intervened again.

I guessed it was something like that. I meant how he suddenly has a sickle sword. Did he level up, or was Xera like "Welp Nanaya isn't here so have some power" or what?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2011, 03:17:02 AM »
Hirenko couldn't help but stare.  At her feet was the small, crumpled body of a girl.  Her long, violet hair shielded her face, which had gone slack with the appearance of someone sleeping.  Her arms were frozen around a profusely bleeding wound in her abdomen, but in spite of the blood on the ground and on the Shadow Blade, she was not dead.  Hirenko kept her eyes on the girl, watching and waiting.  From between the girl's fingers, mingled with blood, seeped wispy black smoke.  It rose from her body, swirling in the air and fading out.  The Shadow Blade felt very heavy in Hirenko's hand.  With her free hand, she reached out and gripped the smoke in her hands before it could completely disappear.  Chills ran down her spine.

Hirenko closed her eyes.  She could hear them, the whispery, incoherent voices fading in and out of her mind.  None of them were from Rumia, who was standing beside her.  In fact, she recognized none of the voices.  Male or female, old or young, it was all unknown to her.  Not even the language was distinguishable.  This had been happening every since she had last picked up the Shadow Blade.  Hirenko exhaled the breath she was holding in a soft sigh.  Her eyes opened, and she knelt down next to the girl.  Her pajama-like gown was so soaked with blood that Hirenko was already looking over her shoulder to see if there were any witnesses to this unfortunate scene.  She was no murderer.

Setting the sword down next to her, she gripped the violet-haired girl's shoulders and gently rolled her on her back.  She was very pale, but breathing.  She was tensed up, too.  For all the magic Hirenko knew, she wished she had at least been taught how to use healing spells.  When she pried the girl's arms away from her torso, she grimaced.  That wound wasn't pretty.  The broken flesh was closing up, inch by inch.  This girl was definitely a youkai; humans weren't capable of healing like that, much less breathing after sustaining a wound that nearly came out the other side.  Unsure of what to do, Hirenko put two fingers to the girl's carotid artery and felt for a pulse.

Hirenko could practically feel Rumia's eyes boring into her back with nonverbal disapproval.  The girl had been purged, but Hirenko did a messy job of it.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2011, 03:25:42 AM »
"Good." Aesera ended the call, then walked over to Kanako. "Kanako, we may have a problem."

"A problem," Kanako said. "Another one? What is it this time?"

The Chaotic Connection allows you to adapt to the Chaos that attacks you, only once, allowing you to grow stronger while consuming it.  and if you use it, it will be at the cost of most of your partner's mana, stamina, and physical well-being

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2011, 06:01:37 AM »
Talking requires very little on her part. She may be too drained to do much, but she can still talk.

Although, YJ, if you want me to, I can always edit to make her drained state more apparent.

« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
Let's see...
?Both Vante and Myschi are unconscious.
?Myschi has expeneded her lifeline.
?There WERE crystals stabbed through the bird brain's chest.
?Vante is lying on top of Flandre.
?The Hakurei Shrine grounds are within the ruins now.

Am I right?

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2011, 02:20:04 PM »
Talking requires very little on her part. She may be too drained to do much, but she can still talk.

Although, YJ, if you want me to, I can always edit to make her drained state more apparent.

Yeah, you should make Kanako more... Tired, and stuff. Basically quite exhausted.

I guessed it was something like that. I meant how he suddenly has a sickle sword. Did he level up, or was Xera like "Welp Nanaya isn't here so have some power" or what?

Listen, Dormio. I have enough of you and you not knowing what's going on. For god's sake, you arn't drunkposting on Mafia/talking on TS. DORMIOOOO. Hey, Listen! Why you use Ran. Stop making me think you and Dormio are related. Anyway, listen. You stabbed Cirno. At that moment, your sword changed. And so did your "armor" You pulled Chaos out and make it vanish from existence with your Chaotic Connection. Hmm.

Let's see...
?Both Vante and Myschi are unconscious.
?Myschi has expeneded her lifeline.
?There WERE crystals stabbed through the bird brain's chest.
?Vante is lying on top of Flandre.
?The Hakurei Shrine grounds are within the ruins now.

Am I right?

1) Vante can wake up anytime.
2+3) Indeed! But she's alive! Thank Yukarin~
4) YES. That is why Hirenko could'nt/didn't see Flandre.
5) No no no. Everyone is in Gensokyo. Outside the Hakurei Shrine. Raymoo is still sleeping, because the teleportation sequence was silent.

You stabbed Cirno. As you did, the blade changed and pulled Chaos out. Gj, you used your Chaotic Connection.
-

"Sweet dreams, Mary." A gloved hand runs over the girl's forehead, playing with her delicate, blonde hair. Maribel lies on a bed of purple energy, supporting her off the ground and rubble bellow. Yukari looks at Maribel's sleeping face melancholicly, slowly running her hand over Maribel's short hair. Sighing, Yukari pulls her hand away from Maribel, and turns around. As she picks her parasol off the rubble, a gap forms above Maribel. The purple energy supporting her then proceeds to lift her higher, into the gap as it soon closes into nothing. Yukari sighs once more, her free hand reaching into a newly-made gap to pull out a fan.

"So... Who are you?"

The voice comes from behind, a girl with brown hair, wearing a black hat, tie, white suit, bands around her sleeves, and a brown dress. She grips on a book, looking much more like a Grimoire then a notebook that other students of the university would use. Yukari turns slightly, holding the Parasol leaning on her shoulder. Renko grips her book tighter, looking into Yukari's enigmatic eyes. Renko shows no fear, but only curiosity, curiosity and worry.

"I'm Maribel's guardian angel."

"And they came after us?"

"You were a distraction. They wanted Hirenko and to kill off the embodiments."

"You know, Yakumo, I liked it better when you feigned innocence."

"It's Chaos, and the two of you arn't hurt. I don't think I should."

"Lucky that only I know that Gensokyo exists."

"And it's lucky that Maribel never sees me."

"Because  you are her."

"Yep."

"God damnit, Yukari. Now, let's restore this?"

"We shall. I've teleported every other person involved into Gensokyo, and taken back the lives of the students who died. However... Our main objective failed, Renko."

"It escaped?"

"That abomination will enter Gensokyo. I haven't tried my last resort, but I don't think it will stop one who has the same energies then one already in Gensokyo. And the border is decaying too. Apparently the Dragon God fled."

"Kenshou can restore the Border, right?"

"...It'll take his life, but yes. He can. Mima's preparing for the final spell. It'll give all of Kanjou's power to Hirenko, and reverse the decay of the Border. She will become the protectorate of this land, this... outside. Meet with her when she reaches back, alright?"

Renko nods.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:23:59 AM by ScarletChocobo »

« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2011, 03:22:03 PM »
((Ah, so Hirenko isn't Himiko's permanent character. Okay.))

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #195 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:34 AM »
(OOC: I have every right to use Ran, thank you :<

Anyway, I'll hopefully get to this early on in the week. Was too busy for it today, unfortunately.)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2011, 03:00:07 AM »
Post edited.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
Re: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc III.
« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2011, 05:48:31 AM »
Finished updating first page of this thread. Will reply once around 3 people type their replies. Including guyyoumeton9, Two more to go.

« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2011, 10:45:48 AM »
Question. What happened to the corrupted replicas of ourselves? Are we still gonna fight them? Cause I was looking forward to that  :3

And huhwut The Human Village is gone? What about Keine and Akyuu D:

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
Question. What happened to the corrupted replicas of ourselves? Are we still gonna fight them? Cause I was looking forward to that  :3

And huhwut The Human Village is gone? What about Keine and Akyuu D:

Yes. You will. Fight them.

READ. THEY VANISHED.

« Reply #200 on: October 31, 2011, 12:20:28 PM »
OOC: I'm going to use my Mortal Kombat achievement now. Also, Vante does not know Mystia's nickname; her name is just hard to pronounce for him, so he took the first syllable of the name.

Vante woke with a start, raising his head, looking forward. There was a very warm thing under him; rolling off, he found it to be Flandre. She wasn't the monstrosity he had seen just a while ago. He might even say that nothing had happened to her. There were no wounds on her, although the blood and tears on her clothing were still there. She had a pulse, as the thumping from inside her body told him.

Then he felt for his chest. His armor was gone, which was to be expected. The dream he had just seen hinted at that. The deep wounds were also gone, but the blood had seeped through his shirt. Fortunately, it did not seem too bad. A faint sensation of pain still danced around where the gashes appeared. While there was nothing hindering him, Vante was mentally tired.

Glancing back at the vampire, the intern saw Flandre sleeping peacefully. It was a very sharp contrast to the bloodlust she exhibited. Changing view, he saw one of his two baston lying close by. Despite the sheer amount of force it was put through, it remained unscathed at the end of the fight. Whether it was his doing or just the nature of the object, he could not tell.

Within his line of sight, he spotted Mystia, who was also sleeping like a log. Her breathing was much deeper than usual, and Vante could almost see her body visibly rise with her every inhalation. She was far away from the position from where he last saw the bird, presumably from erratic movement, just like she had been doing. These... youkai they had been fighting against were probably sharpshooters, or Mystia was being an idiot.

Forcing himself up, he picked his two sticks up. As he sauntered to pick the other stick, his glasses fell and clattered over the stone brick floor. 

Bending down, he snatched them back. "Oh, they survived again. Glasses, two; world, zero. Wait a minute..."

The floor was not torn up. In fact, it wasn't grass anymore. In the corner of his vision, he saw trees; turning more, he saw a shrine. 

"We're in Gensokyo, hm?" he remarked.

After hastily taking the second stick, he strolled towards his youkai partner, he recalled the new information he learned. They, the people from Gensokyo, were important, but their purpose was not in the kind of combat they had encountered so far. Their use would come much later.

Their were more planes of existence than their own, as ridiculous as it sounded. Chaos resided in one of them. An even more incredulous fact: Chaos was never evil in the first place. One part turned against itself, then-

"Nah, let me think about that later," he voiced his shallow complaint.

Mystia, upon closer inspection, turned out to have received more punishment other than the crystals. There were the tears in her clothes from the magic thrown her way, as well as many burns, which have already disappeared. Caked with blood, a long spot on her midsection indicated that a blade had slashed her, at some point in her frenzy. He traced his finger across it; there really was no wound.

The crystals embedded in her chest were gone, of course, as well as the cuts they caused. Like the human's shirt, hers was drenched in still-wet blood.

Just to mess with her, Vante whipped his palm across the girl's face, creating a very loud slapping sound. 

"Wake up, Myschi! Congratulations on scaring me to death!"

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2011, 03:08:03 PM »
(Somebody remind me which Achievement did Dormio Squawkers used again? I recommend keeping Achievements until Act Two, for that is when you will actually have to depend on them when faced with situations where you just know you will not survive.)
Also: Achievement Get!
         Death is all but an illusion (LUNATIC, NEWAN)
-

Kanako reaches out, closing her eyes and facing the starry, illuminated sky. Back in Gensokyo, she has access to all of her powers because of faith. And even though she feels a headache coming, her arms feeling more like noodles then normal, and her stomach trying to squeeze itself to death, she is able to sense the border. And it's fine. As Kanako begins to wobble, losing stability, she falls to her knees on instinct. She begins to pant and her breathing begins to get heavy. Almost as if she's out of breath and trying to recover after a long run. Aesera squats down and grips her shoulder, shaking Kanako slightly.

"You're looking really bad. Did you overexert yourself?"

Panting, Kanako looks up, straining her neck and forcing her eyes to not close. Exhaustion covers her face and her arms begin to shiver. "I...Ha...I'm... F.. haaaah... ine..." Kanako tries to stand up, Aesera supporting her. "The border... Is...Haaah... Fine too..."

Aesera pulls her up, almost dragging Kanako as they approach a nearby large rock. She supports Kanako as she tries to sit, before beginning to pant once more. She needs some rest asap.

Just then, her cell phone begins to ring. Looking at the caller ID, It's from Grace. She promptly answers it.

"Report."

"Um... It hasn't been half an hour yet, but... Apparently there's nothing. Nothing happened."

"Are you sure?"

"Y-Yeah! I guess..."

"You guess? You need to be completely sure that there's no news at all. Even in other countries."

"U-Um... Well, there's... There's this one story about people in the US vanishing all of a sudden... A whole town disappeared and..."

"And?"

"They bodies were just found... Um... Mutilated. T-They had their eyes and guts ripped out and some black gooey mess was inside. The pictures looked like... you know, black octopuses?"

"...And Japan?"

"E-Every satellite is... down. There's no feed coming from any real-time maps, weather or even those research ones... Google earth is up, but it won't show Japan... Or that town in the US. Oh but the normal internet is fine..."

"Gra-"

Bzzzt.
Bzzzt.
Bzz....

Aesera pulls her phone off her ear, looking at it's bright, white screen. There is no reception bar anymore. Not even that 3G she had visible earlier too. Whatever caused the gap allowed communications in, but only for a short time...
-
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:24:18 AM by ScarletChocobo »

« Reply #202 on: October 31, 2011, 04:00:02 PM »
((Oh crap. I see a massive reply in my future))

((Where is/what happened to Nanaya? Is Cirno there? since Fairies apparently don't respawn in their last known location))

((And the Achievement Newan used was -WITH A THOUSAND WILLS ALL IN ONE! (HARD, NEWAN)))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:44:44 PM by Sonae »

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2011, 11:22:32 PM »
(Edit: I had something here, but I've decided I didn't like it. So I'll be editing in the actual post later.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:33:29 PM by Ran Squawkumo »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2011, 02:33:44 AM »
((Oh crap. I see a massive reply in my future))

((Where is/what happened to Nanaya? Is Cirno there? since Fairies apparently don't respawn in their last known location))

((And the Achievement Newan used was -WITH A THOUSAND WILLS ALL IN ONE! (HARD, NEWAN)))

Yeah, what happened to Nanaya? You should go find out. And Cirno is there. Being corrupted by Chaos makes her unable to respawn because she's essensially Immortal.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2011, 03:02:00 AM »
Newan sighed as he sat down. ?That was more trouble than it was worth. And now, I only have one shot left.?

Nazrin frowned. ?Well, it's too late to back out now.?

Apparently, Newan found this funny. Hilarious, even. ?Oh, please... it was always too late to back out. Ever since I was born.? His laughter died down, and he looked at the sky. ?...I hate fate. If everything was predetermined, there would be no point in living. Some things are chose for us, but this... I never wanted any part in this. I just want all this to be over. No Chaos. No fighting. No Embodiments. Just my life. The way it always was.?

Nazrin sighed, wistfully. ?Nobody wants any part in this, I can tell you that much. But, it's something we have to do.?

?Hmph. Even still, this sort of thing should never be thrust on someone without their permission.? Newan's voice was beginning to waver. ?All of this... I hate it.?

Nazrin's hand met his face with a resounding smack. ?Stop being so selfish. Instead of whining about it, just deal with it. It's too late now.? She turned away. ?...I don't like it any more than you do. But it's our duty to stop this. All of us. Of course, I-?

?Wait.? Newan cut her off, and began looking around himself at the rest of the group. ?...Nanaya isn't here.?

Nazrin blinked, and turned back, surveying the group herself. ?...That can't be good.?

Newan stood up. "Dammit.. I need to find her. I promised-" he cut himself off, remembering that he was in public. "...I need to make sure she's okay." Why am I so worried? She's proven herself a fair combatant, probably better than me. Not that that says much, but still. THere's nothing I can do about it now, just try to find her.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2011, 03:07:39 AM »
"Not what I expected," Aesera said. "But we have other concerns. There's only one thing I can think of that could be responsible for that town." She turned to face the group. "Okay, people, listen up! The chaos has been active. A town in the U.S. has vanished, and bodies have been found killed by something unknown-which, of course, would be the chaos.

"We've been decieved, but I don't think it was by the chaos. It didn't think we were enough of a threat to be worth tricking, and that doesn't really seem to be its style, anyways. I think there's someone else involved in this, and it's that someone who's been decieving us. We need to find whoever that someone is.

"What we need right now is information. My other self has only told me a few things, but perhaps some of you have been told more. I've been told by my other self, Azeri, that the reason we are needed is because they are linked to the chaos, and also because we are apparently capable of surpassing them. What have the rest of you been told? Has anyone been told anything?"

---------------------------

OOC: This is supposed to be Vante's cue.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2011, 04:22:28 AM »
"Master... Are you sure this will work? I mean, I haven't used my powers in quite some time, and when I do it's for the good of the people..." A hand comes down gently on Kenshou's head, ruffling his hair up as Mima sighs. The bright moon floats in the skies behind, illuminating Mima's spectral beauty. Truely a charming demon, she is. Her hand still staying on Kenshou's head, Mima looks up to the sky, gripping her staff in her free hand. The moon - Ah yes, that glimpse of the heavens above. What awaits the future of the human race up there, anyway? Will they even survive this corruption that they brought upon themselves? The Gods can do nothing more to save them...

"Of course it'll work... And... You know of the effects it will have on you, right, Disciple?" Mima strains her voice, being overcome with sadness. She never wanted to watch her student die. Writhe in agony and die. Mima smiles, in the sadness that will soon come.

"Yes, Master. I am ready." Kenshou clenches his fist, walking away from Mima, towards makeshift stone altar made by Mima. Purple runes cover the altar, and yellow ones form a circle around Kenshou. A large pentagram made out of words in a language unknown links all of the runes. In a brilliant white flash, the runes spray out dazzling colours as the moonlight hits the altar. Kenshou turns for one final time, watching Mima cry with a smile on her face - A forced smile that signifies more of a "I'll remember you." then a simple "Good bye." Mima  never deserved the title of Demon.

And then only the void fills Mima's sight. In an instant, the charming, charismatic demon falls to her ghostly limbs, her staff falling from it's sudden release, clanging on the rocky floor. Mima still has her smile on her face, but the endless tears pour down as if it was rain. They glisten off her cheeks and run down to her chin, finally dripping on the cold, stone floor. The relentless gaze of the moon was surposed to be calming and soothing to the soul. But not if there was only pain of a loss of a treasured student. And a great friend. The void in front lashes out at Mima, threatening to pulls her in, but stops right before it can reach her.

Kenshou lies on the floor,  groaning out in pain, his hands  held on top of his convulsing stomach as he writhes in his suffering. His heart begins to pull itself apart. Long, noodle-thin purple tentacles emerge from around the pentagram, staining it's glorious gold a scarlet red. Eyes burst out all around the black void, bleeding. The soulless red eyes gaze at the man hollowly, a burning, fiery red aura rising from the void's body. Time seems to slow down as Mima looks up, tears clouding her vision. As the tentacles touch together, the flames around the void's body seem to engulf Kenshou as well. They lick across his flesh and clothes, and spread all over his body, surrounding his hands and feet and even his eyes. In an implosion of energy, the void itself gathers up and pulls itself towards Kenshou, swallowing him up completely, leaving only a small black orb floating above the stone altar.

Mima pulls herself up, tears staining her beautiful face. The moonlight shining upon her.

Rumia looks at her blade, hearing the voices deep inside calling to her. Grabbing Hirenko's shoulder, she waves over to the others. "It's time we left." It was the last sentence she said before a swirling vortex of souls and darkness ripped itself free from the ground, swallowing Hirenko and Rumia as the Blade of AntiChrist vanished from her grip. A similar portal opened up beside Mima, vibrating as Rumia stepped out, getting into position as it spewed Hirenko out as if it just vomitted a bug. Falling into Rumia's arms, Hirenko reached the outside.

Mima, with tears still soaked on her face, throws the orb to Rumia.

"This will be your guide. Your power. You are now savior of this world."

"...B-But... Why? How?... Wha-"

"Deep inside yourself, you will know what you must do."

"...Because I... I am an embodiment..."

"You are the Truth of the Gods."
-
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:34:13 AM by ScarletChocobo »

« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2011, 06:45:24 AM »
"I've been told why our partners are needed," Vante replied shortly after Aesera's question, "as well as Chaos, among other things."

Vante sat down. "Apparently, Chaos was not evil in the first place. It just so happens that a part of it turned against Chaos's ruler and, in effect, made Chaos into the thing that's been popping up in our faces. I would assume that they are the third party that Aesera has mentioned. The target of this whole thing is the insurgent Chaos, although the specifics aren't clear yet."

"Now, about Gensokyo. I'll just put it simply: if the barrier surrounding Gensokyo falls, and the Dragon God dies, Chaos will be able to invade the world entirely. That attack on the town was possible because at some point in time, the Barrier was damaged or something like that. As Chaos's attacks get stronger, I guess the greater the fallout on the Barrier."

"Our partners are the key to stopping the the mastermind, while we are to stop Chaos. That's pretty much the only thing I gathered from the new info."

Vante shifted uncomfortably in his spot. Taking out his iPhone, he found that it was undamaged. There was still no signal, however. Putting it back, he withdrew the stone figure from his other pocket, making sure it was still there. Some clinking in his pockets told him he still had his money.

Then a recollection of video game logic flashed in his mind.

"Hey, who's willing to bet Chaos is well inside Gensokyo now?" he asked, addressing everyone in the group.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #209 on: November 01, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »
-A Thousand Wills all In One!
-Unlocked the truth of the Final

Who was that? - Newan looks around, finding the source of the noise.

010101110110100001101111001000000110000101110010011001010010000001111001011011110111010100111111

I?m...

010000010111001001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001110100011010000110010100100000011011110110111001100101001000000100100100100111011
101100110010100100000011000100110010101100101011011100010000001110111011000010110100101110100011010010110111001100111001000000110011001101111011100100

You?re... waiting?

010010010010011101110110011001010010000001100010011001010110010101101110001000000111011101100001011010010111010001101001011011100110011100100000011
001100110111101110010001000000110000100100000011011000110111101101110011001110010110000100000011011000110111101101110011001110010000001110100011010010

For who?

010010010111010000100111011100110010000001100010011001010110010101101110001000000111001101101111001000000110110001101111011011100110011100101110001
000000100100100100000011001000110111101101110001001110111010000100000011100100110010101101101011001010110110101100010011001010111001000100000011000010

I see. That?s a shame.

010010010010000001110111011000010110111001110100001000000111010001101111001000000110100001100101011011000111000000100000011110010110111101110101001

How?

010010010010000001110111011010010110110001101100001000000110011101101001011101100110010100100000011110010110111101110101001000000111000001101111011
101110110010101110010001011100010000001000001001000000111000001101001011001010110001101100101001000000110111101100110001000000110110101111001001000000

Power...?

Will you let me help you?

"...Yes."

"Then it will be done."

Nazrin stumbles over on the floor, clutching her stomach as agony jolts over her body, overtake her. Newan stares up into the sky above as his partner moans in main, rolling and contorting in various manors as the pain slowly but surely, tortures her.  Nazrin is experiencing the same pain and torment Kanako is facing, but she has it much worse, as her endurance isn't up to the standards of a God... Much less to say Kanako, who is one of the more... Stronger-willed gods in Gensokyo.

Newan reaches up into the sky, gripping only invisible air atop his glimpse.

Your wings... What happened to them?

0100010001101111001000000110111001101111011101000010000001100011011000010111001001100101001000000110000101100010011011110111010101110100001000000
11011010110100101101110011001010010110000100000011000100111010101110100001000000111100101101111011101010111001001110011

Mine...?

01000010011001010110001101100001011101010111001101100101001000000100100100100000011011000110111101110011011101000010000001101101011010
10110111001100101001000000110110001101111011011100110011100100000011000010110011101101111

0100100100100111011011000110110000100000011001110111010101101001011001000110010100100000011110010110111101110101001000000110111101101110001000000111100101101111011101010111001000100000011101110110000101111001001000000111010001101111001000000110011001110010011001010110010100100000011110010110111101110101011100100111001101100101011011000110011000101110

But what about you?

0101100101101111011101010010011101101100011011000010000001100110011100100110010101100101001000000110110101100101001000000110100101101110001000000111010001101001011011010110010100101100001000000110110101111001001000000110110001101111011101100110010100101110

"...Nanaya!" Newan reaches out once more, snapping back into reality. Hearing the painful moans of Nazrin, he rushes to help.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:37:49 PM by ScarletChocobo »