Author Topic: A mysterious incident has taken place  (Read 1853 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
A mysterious incident has taken place
« on: April 12, 2015, 10:42:42 PM »
I recently upgraded WINE from 1.6 to 1.7.38. After doing so, something strange (to me) but probably with a perfectly simple explanation occurred.

1. None of the Windows games that store information in Application Data would run - neither the original Japanese nor the thcrap shortcuts.
2. Attempting to run them gave me the following error message:

3. If I opened the game directory in root, the untranslated versions of the game would work fine. Using the thcrap .lnk shortcut would tell me the game could not be found.

I'm guessing either WINE or thcrap is the culprit here, but searching this error message was sending me to Minecraft, so I thought I'd ask here. Any advice appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:44:53 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

Re: A mysterious incident has taken place
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 04:31:52 AM »
Well, the error is that you can't run more than one instance of the game at once. Whether that's actually the case or not, can you check to make sure there aren't any zombie/invisible processes or anything?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: A mysterious incident has taken place
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:58 PM »
Well don't I feel silly. Upon turning on my comp this morning and firing up DDC, everything runs fine. I guess there were ghost processes in play here. Good to know what that error message says so I'm prepared next time. Thanks!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."