Author Topic: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time! - Results Are In, Horrible Puns.  (Read 78054 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
[s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time! - Results Are In, Horrible Puns.
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:22:43 AM »
Hello, MotK. In the interests of our forum's demographics, I've put together a little survey for you to take part in, here.

All answers (answer once, please) will remain anonymous. When the survey ends, I'll post results and fully disclose the purpose of this survey. When does that happen? Within 24 hours.

Do answer honestly, but don't overthink it. This is just a fun little social experiment which may reveal a shocking truth about our little community. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:03:02 AM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Re: Survey Time!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:30:21 AM »
You and your Data Gathering.

JT

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:38:26 AM »
I think I might know what this is about. I guess we can discuss that tomorrow, though. :justasplanned:

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »
I do not strongle disagree with surveys! Let's see what happens.

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 01:40:15 AM »
Strongle Disagree, while an answer on several survey questions, sounds like a reject from Homestar Runner :V

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 01:40:20 AM »
Done deal. I look forward to learning the  purpose of this endeavor.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Tengukami

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 01:46:12 AM »
Typo strongle fixed.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 01:49:47 AM »
#27 is much too simplified to answer as it is, unfortunately.

Daya

• Not sure if part of the 1 percent
  • 150 Proof, 75% alcohol by vol, Minimum BAC 0.11
    • The Bunbunmaru Shimbun
Re: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 01:52:30 AM »
I answered, now what?

Do I get a cookie? A 10% off coupon off some store?

... oh just results. Well, I'll wait.

Tengukami

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 01:54:17 AM »

The idea here is not to think too hard on the answer, and is why there is a spectrum of agreement and disagreement, including "not sure".

By the by, this isn't a survey to reveal the political or religious affiliation of the forum. But could settle an age-old dispute once and for all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 01:56:11 AM by Tengukami »

pineyappled

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 01:56:49 AM »
Done.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 01:58:38 AM »
That was a thing.
A couple of them did seem a bit generalized, but a one sentence question with a single-click answer is a lot faster than a 6 paragraph essay that could be used to respond for those ones.
By the by, this isn't a survey to reveal the political or religious affiliation of the forum. But could settle an age-old dispute once and for all.
This might be amusing.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 01:58:48 AM »
FINISH.

TIME EXTENSION.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 02:05:05 AM »
I still strongle disagree with number 20.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »
Answered questions while the typo was still there. :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Tengukami

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 02:13:03 AM »
All the typos should be gone now, clearing up any confusion. Hope no one scrambled to the dictionary to look up "strongle".

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 02:14:26 AM »
I picked
Spoiler:
Not Sure
. Though he needs to be more decisive about his policies, he seems like a nice enough guy.

JT

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 02:17:49 AM »
All the typos should be gone now, clearing up any confusion. Hope no one scrambled to the dictionary to look up "strongle".
Yeah, I was starting to wonder if that was deliberate and had something to do with the purpose of the survey.

Joveus Molai

• Bear the Word, and the Word will bear you.
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 02:25:24 AM »
This was actually kind of fun.  You should do this more often, tengukami  :V

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 02:25:50 AM »
Hope no one scrambled to the dictionary to look up "strongle".
It was clearly a typo of "strangle". I picked it when I felt strongly opposed to whatever was being asked. :)

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 02:28:57 AM »
Years of reading poorly typed English and an inability since childhood to spell even the most simple of words has rendered me unable to spot mistakes.

So I just read right over it w/o noticing.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 02:30:53 AM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 02:42:39 AM »
Fuck you and your sociological experimentation crap

Done :3
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Zil

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 02:51:57 AM »
Don't know what it's for, but I did it. :derp:

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 04:12:27 AM »
It's so hard! ;-;

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 04:22:45 AM »
Hm...  Some of the questions were so vaguely worded I had no idea what they were actually asking, while others made me with there was a "Mu" option.  I wouldn't put any hard connection to any conclusion with this survey.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 04:32:47 AM »
Yeah, some questions are very clear, others are... A bit weirdly worded, leaving a bit of a ''...What did I just answer?'' feeling.

Other than that, surveys are fun  :D

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 05:10:37 AM »
Questions are really vague and complicated, I think what you want to know is better written than surveyed. I still will send my anwsers, but if I would like to say something more I will do it here.

People do not have higher and lower levels of value, but rather different kinds of values.  > Maybe then have both hinger and lower levels of values and different kinds? This question is too vague.

A religion that is constantly changing represents a weakness in that religion's moral system. > Not really, a weakness in religion, or rather is religious believes you probably wanted to ask about, is hardly measured by anything. Someone can just "belong" in the religion not really thinking much of it. Moral systems are also much beyond just religion, but religion itself have a part of it,. But in point of view, a religion that would constantly change what it believes in can't be a real religion no?

It is a mathematical certainty that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. > Mathematics aren't certain, as there is no certain thing in this world, only probabilities.

A stable family requires that parents listen to their children, but have the final word on family matters.  > Nothing wrong with this question honestly...

The government has an obligation to manage the social welfare system.  > Nothing wrong here...

There is no absolute morality, but different kinds of morality.  > Nothing wrong here...

It is important that we devote the space program to finding habitable planets elsewhere in the universe as possible migration points.  > Nothing wrong here...

Voting is ultimately useless.  > What do you mean voting? The question is really vague...

Belief in a deity is important for maintaining a stable moral code. > Nothing wrong here...

Some form of population control program will have to be implemented at some point in the next 100 years.  > Nothing wrong with this one either..

Listening to reason is better than listening to intuition. > Nothing wrong here...

Money is better spent trying to reverse environmental damage on the planet that we are on than to find another planet to live on.  > It's really hard to compare the money that would be spend on reverse environmental damage and terraforming other planets.

Sometimes, nations are justified in going to unilateral war. > Nothing wrong with that...

Religion has done more for social stability than governments.  > Nothing wrong here...

Some cultures should always remain separate. > Nothing wrong here...

It is likely that we will irreparably damage the planet and bring about our own extinction. > Nothing wrong with that...

Sometimes violently overthrowing a democratically elected government is justified.  > Nothing wrong with that...

Some people are luckier than others. > Nothing wrong here...

Technology helps humanity more than it harms it. > Nothing wrong here...

Deep down, all people are basically good. > Good as? I suspect you mean good to other people or something in moral sense...

So long as they do not break the law, immigrants should be allowed to preserve their own ethical practices. > You mean Human rights or the law in the country? The law created in any country have little to do with ethics, more with money...

You can choose to be happy, no matter what your situation in life.  > Do you mean, can any Human choose or just myself?

A job is simply a means to afford to enjoy one's interests.  > Nothing wrong with this one...

Men and women think differently from each other at a biological level. > Well you don't say what Biological level really means, but I don't think it's that vague that people would not understand the meaning of this question.

Some day we will be visited by intelligent life. > Probably everyday we will, but I guess you mean visitors from other planets yes?

Genetic engineering should never be privatized.  > Nothing wrong with that...

The world has grown more peaceful over the past 200 years.  > Nothing wrong with that...

The government can be justified in temporarily suspending human rights in the interests of national security.  > Nothing wrong with that...

It is possible to predict a future event with the aid of extrasensory perception.  > Nothing wrong with that...

There are some morals which are recognized by all people.  > Nothing wrong with that..

Doing what you love is more important than how much you get paid doing it.  > Nothing wrong with that...

Immigrants should not be required by law to learn the language spoken by most people in that country.  > Nothing wrong here..

Soveriegn nations should be allowed to develop whatever kind of military they believe suit them best.  > Nothing wrong I see there...

If we manage our resources better, we can maintain the growth of the human race.  > Implying resources management does improve "growth of the human race" whatever that means...

The key to happiness is to have simple needs.  > Nothing wrong with that..

All religions are of equal value to humanity.  > That's ok too...

It is healthy for nations to compete with each other.  > Nothing wrong here...

Humanity is too industrialized.  > Nothing wrong with that, but it's rather a question how much industrialization is too much for humanity, which is a different thing...

Overall, human beings are becoming more moral. > More moral as more good to each other or... bad to each other?

If you concentrate hard enough on achieving good luck, you can make it happen.  > Nothing wrong with that..

In a truly just society, the gap between rich and poor is as small as possible.  > I can't really grasp the meaning of this question at all, what are you asking for?

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 05:18:02 AM »
In a truly just society, the gap between rich and poor is as small as possible.  > I can't really grasp the meaning of this question at all, what are you asking for?

I thought that one was one of the easiest of the bunch. (Not trying to be smug or anything, I swear!)

I see it as a ''Do you agree that a society is better when the population is equal when it comes to money (Instead of it being very divided, where there is high-class folks and low-class people) ''

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 05:23:51 AM »
A "just" society is potentially different from a "fair" or even an "equal" society.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.