Author Topic: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?!  (Read 195073 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?!
« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »
>Gap charge. Might as well head there early and give Satori a couple hours to blow off steam on us. Then we prepare for Byakuren. Then we deal with the Yama
>Why does this seem like the makings of a very unpleasant day?
>You still feel that you should wait for twenty or so minutes before attempting to manipulate borders. Perhaps you should do something in the meantime?
>You would rather face the consequences sooner rather than later, where the timing might be a bit inconvenient.
>Shou does say that Byakuren is doing her best to conceal her foul mood, but that doesn't stop you from wondering what an agitated Byakuren would act like.
>You do still have to fix whatever happened to Higan.
>You aren't looking forward to today at all.

>_

« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2012, 08:50:25 PM »
>"While on the subject of changed people, if you see Rinnosuke, don't trust him. He's managed to enslave Alice with an odd doll and kept Rumia chained up for who knows how long."
>"Right now he's hiding in Reimu's mansion to avoid me, but he might leave at some point."
>We might get lucky and one of the Palanquin crew manages to detain him.
>"Outside of the incident with Nue, has anything else occurred over the past few days? How are the others doing?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2012, 10:37:17 PM »
>"While on the subject of changed people, if you see Rinnosuke, don't trust him. He's managed to enslave Alice with an odd doll and kept Rumia chained up for who knows how long."
>"Right now he's hiding in Reimu's mansion to avoid me, but he might leave at some point."
>We might get lucky and one of the Palanquin crew manages to detain him.
>"Outside of the incident with Nue, has anything else occurred over the past few days? How are the others doing?"
>"The shopkeeper? I'll keep that in mind, and tell the others when I get a chance."
>You can only hope. It certainly would make things a lot easier if some of your problems would fix themselves.
>"Minamitsu and Ichirin are back at the temple. I believe that they are trying to restore it to its original form."
>"If I may, I would also like to enquire on when Ran will be returning."

>_

« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2012, 04:33:47 AM »
>"When Eirin clears her a healed enough to not need her supervision. I need to ask myself just when that would be when I go there."
>Has anything else of note occurred that we didn't tell the Palaquin crew about? Did we tell them that the gods are unsealed?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2012, 04:47:39 AM »
>"When Eirin clears her a healed enough to not need her supervision. I need to ask myself just when that would be when I go there."
>Has anything else of note occurred that we didn't tell the Palaquin crew about? Did we tell them that the gods are unsealed?
>"I see. Please give her my regards, then."
>Quite a lot has occurred. You haven't actually spoken to the Palanquin crew in quite some time. Though you assume that Chen has informed them of the events that led you to Eirin.
>You did not.

>_

« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2012, 08:32:32 PM »
>Then let's keep Shou caught up on things.
>"Still, I never expected my border to be a cause of so much trouble."
>"Apparently when the border cracked, while I kept it from completely breaking it still caused quite a few problems. Besides sealing off the Netherworld and Higan, it also managed to seal the nature gods in a crack in dimensions and wipe their memories from after the Suwa wars."
>"Undoing that was....a unique experience. Sanae was quite happy to be reunited with them though."
>"I did manage to find Nitori who already had sense knocked into her from her assistants, Hatate and Satori. During this I found out that Utsuho had died, and she was working to try to resurrect her."
>"Doing this needed Higan reopened, but on the trip there Satori ran into her sister, and a few misunderstandings led to....saying that things ended badly would be an understatement. I think Chen told you a bit about that one?"
>"I suppose that when Koishi awakes, both would be mad enough at me to forget about their problems with each other. A messy victory, but one none the less."
>"The good news is that following the current pattern, everyone who is missing is probably caught in a tear somewhere and can be eventually restored."
>"The bad is that a certain shrine maiden is tampering with the border, and considering her actions for the past two years, I doubt that its for anything good."

>That's everything in a nutshell except the Yuyuko thing, and that's private.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2012, 10:45:16 PM »
>Then let's keep Shou caught up on things.
>"Still, I never expected my border to be a cause of so much trouble."
>"Apparently when the border cracked, while I kept it from completely breaking it still caused quite a few problems. Besides sealing off the Netherworld and Higan, it also managed to seal the nature gods in a crack in dimensions and wipe their memories from after the Suwa wars."
>"Undoing that was....a unique experience. Sanae was quite happy to be reunited with them though."
>"I did manage to find Nitori who already had sense knocked into her from her assistants, Hatate and Satori. During this I found out that Utsuho had died, and she was working to try to resurrect her."
>"Doing this needed Higan reopened, but on the trip there Satori ran into her sister, and a few misunderstandings led to....saying that things ended badly would be an understatement. I think Chen told you a bit about that one?"
>"I suppose that when Koishi awakes, both would be mad enough at me to forget about their problems with each other. A messy victory, but one none the less."
>"The good news is that following the current pattern, everyone who is missing is probably caught in a tear somewhere and can be eventually restored."
>"The bad is that a certain shrine maiden is tampering with the border, and considering her actions for the past two years, I doubt that its for anything good."

>That's everything in a nutshell except the Yuyuko thing, and that's private.
>You do have some time to kill and it certainly couldn't hurt to get Shou up to date.
>"I do not think that anybody expected this to happen."
>"I see. Is that what had happened to the Moriya shrine?"
>"Does that mean that the Moriya shrine is back to how it once was?"
>"Died? I do not believe that attempting to alter the fates of others is the best idea..."
>"A silver lining, I suppose."
>"That is wonderful to hear."
>"I suppose that she would have had to been brought to justice sooner or later..."
>"That simply makes what you are doing even more important."
>Roughly, anyway.

>_
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:08:58 AM by Ran Yakumo »

« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2012, 07:56:37 AM »
>"The Moriya shrine should be back in business; last I left them, they were going to talk with the Tengu."
>"As for Utsuho, it certainly wasn't her time to die yet, and frankly, if she isn't brought back an entire families are going to fall to pieces. Tampering with the cycle of life and death is certainly a horrible idea, but if it brings a group some peace in these times, I'm willing to deal with the Yama."
>For the Satori family, Rin and Nitori we can't leave that be, no matter how much trouble its going to cause.
>Odds are good that Satori is aware of the gravity of what she wants to do as well and is prepared for the consequences after all.

>Gap Charge.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2012, 10:45:16 AM »
>"The Moriya shrine should be back in business; last I left them, they were going to talk with the Tengu."
>"As for Utsuho, it certainly wasn't her time to die yet, and frankly, if she isn't brought back an entire families are going to fall to pieces. Tampering with the cycle of life and death is certainly a horrible idea, but if it brings a group some peace in these times, I'm willing to deal with the Yama."
>For the Satori family, Rin and Nitori we can't leave that be, no matter how much trouble its going to cause.
>Odds are good that Satori is aware of the gravity of what she wants to do as well and is prepared for the consequences after all.

>Gap Charge.
>"A step towards bringing back the Gensokyo we know and love. That is great news."
>"Do not worry, I will not try to stop you as long as you continue to do what you feel is right."
>For all of their sakes, you cannot allow that particular chapter to end that way.
>She is bound to have given her actions considerable thought.
>You feel up to manipulating boundaries once more.

>_

« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
>"And on that note, I must depart myself; I do need to check up on Ran in person. Till we meet again~"
>If nothing else, gap to Eientei.
>Avoid attempt to kill us.
>Find someone who knows where Ran and Satori are.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »
>"And on that note, I must depart myself; I do need to check up on Ran in person. Till we meet again~"
>If nothing else, gap to Eientei.
>Avoid attempt to kill us.
>Find someone who knows where Ran and Satori are.
>"Farewell then. May safe journeys accompany you."
>Shou waves as you open up a gap to the entrance of Eientei which you promptly step through whilst returning the wave to Shou.
>Miraculously, there do not appear to be any attempts on your life this time.
>Nobody seems to be around where you are, other than the Reisen who appears to be watching you from the roof of Eientei.

>_

« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2012, 03:43:53 AM »
>Well at least she isn't shooting at us again.
>Then into Eientei. Either we'll find someone or Eirin will pop up to stop us.
>Or, lets just ask Ran for directions! Do so and follow them to her.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2012, 04:16:58 AM »
>Well at least she isn't shooting at us again.
>Then into Eientei. Either we'll find someone or Eirin will pop up to stop us.
>Or, lets just ask Ran for directions! Do so and follow them to her.
>You don't want to go through the process of dodging her shots again.
>You decide to simply walk into Eientei, you're bound to run into someone, right?
>Though, with your abysmal luck, you might not and so you ask Ran for directions.
>Soon enough, you find Ran up on a bed with Chen asleep by her side. Scattered about the bed are several square objects that you've come to know as a "Rubik's Cube".
>Ran also appears to be holding a solved cube in her hands, while Chen clutches onto one that she has yet to complete.
>Ran turns towards you as you enter, and you can see her try to give a small bow from the bed.
>"Good morning, master."

>_

« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2012, 08:29:06 AM »
>"Morning Ran. I see that you've been a bit stir crazy in here."
>"So, how is your arm holding up?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »
>"Morning Ran. I see that you've been a bit stir crazy in here."
>"So, how is your arm holding up?"
>"I am told that putting my arm to use would be the best method of rehabilitation. These are fairly useful in that regard."
>Ran holds the Rubik's Cube with her left hand and balls her right hand into a fist before relaxing it. She does this several times.
>"It still feels strange at times, but it is fine. The doctor tells me to rest  for a few more days at the very least, but I do not feel that that is necessary. Perhaps I should ask to be discharged."
>"I am glad to see that you have been well too, master."

>_

« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »
>"Now Ran, you should follow the doctor's orders~"
>"Though if all you need is rest, you'd likely be more comfortable back home. Besides, Shou's around to make sure that you actually relax."
>"I am, quite glad that you'll be fine though."
>Celebration party for a well Ran is back on. Just can't have it for a few days, till we solve the rest of this chaos.
>And now that we know that Ran is okay, the immediate concern is...
>"And how are Satori and Koishi doing?"
>We are in so much trouble

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
>"Now Ran, you should follow the doctor's orders~"
>"Though if all you need is rest, you'd likely be more comfortable back home. Besides, Shou's around to make sure that you actually relax."
>"I am, quite glad that you'll be fine though."
>Celebration party for a well Ran is back on. Just can't have it for a few days, till we solve the rest of this chaos.
>And now that we know that Ran is okay, the immediate concern is...
>"And how are Satori and Koishi doing?"
>We are in so much trouble
>"If you insist, then I shall."
>"I would like to return to our home, it has been quite some time since I have been there. Though such a measure is completely unnecessary..."
>"Thank you for worrying, master."
>You've definitely got to celebrate Ran's recovery once everything is back to normal.
>You do have some other business here...
>"I believe that the older one is watching over her sister in the room next to mine. I believe that she has been expecting you for quite some time now."
>"Though I would accompany you to see her, master, I believe that I should follow the doctor's orders and continue to rest for the time being. My apologies, master."
>You think that you saw a smirk flash across Ran's face for a brief instant.
>You are not looking forward to this at all.

>_
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:38:03 AM by Ran Yakumo »

« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2012, 10:43:37 AM »
>Well if Ran can toss sass around, she'll definitely be fine.
>"Maybe I should get a doctor's note as well to avoid angry satori."
>"To the chopping block."
>Off to the next room.
>Draw on our experience of pissing off the loads of people we have in our life.
>.....Have we pissed off a mind-reader before this?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »
>Well if Ran can toss sass around, she'll definitely be fine.
>"Maybe I should get a doctor's note as well to avoid angry satori."
>"To the chopping block."
>Off to the next room.
>Draw on our experience of pissing off the loads of people we have in our life.
>.....Have we pissed off a mind-reader before this?
>You feel rather relieved that she feels well enough to talk back.
>"Perhaps, though the doctor may use that as an excuse to further her own means."
>"Good luck, master."
>You leave Ran and open the door to the other room.
>Inside, you see Satori sitting on a chair opposite you with her arms crossed. All of her eyes are focused on you.
>You can see Koishi lying on a bed similar to Ran's. She appears to be asleep, though her third eye is also staring at you.

>_

« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2012, 03:42:43 AM »
>Yeesh.
>Koishi's third eye is healed? In that case, can't we just close it again under our own power?
>Really, just why did she freak out so much about the eye opening? It might not be a good idea to go poking around with gaps until we know exactly what we screwed up.
>On that note
>"Would you believe that I'm very, very sorry about putting your sister in a coma?"
>And seriously, why is the eye glaring at us? Well okay, Koishi has all the reason in the world to be pissed at us right now, but she did technically start it even if all things considered, we should have just danmaku'd her until she listened.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2012, 05:20:20 AM »
>Yeesh.
>Koishi's third eye is healed? In that case, can't we just close it again under our own power?
>Really, just why did she freak out so much about the eye opening? It might not be a good idea to go poking around with gaps until we know exactly what we screwed up.
>On that note
>"Would you believe that I'm very, very sorry about putting your sister in a coma?"
>And seriously, why is the eye glaring at us? Well okay, Koishi has all the reason in the world to be pissed at us right now, but she did technically start it even if all things considered, we should have just danmaku'd her until she listened.
>It certainly isn't the most welcoming environment.
>Probably. You'd have to try to find out.
>"Are you honestly that oblivious to the feelings of others?"
>Satori rises to her feet and takes a few steps towards you.
>"Do you know nothing of why this girl shut off her heart to others?"
>"She chose to avoid this world and you forced her back. Is it not obvious that she would react unfavorably?"
>"If you were forced into a world you despised, would you not do everything at your disposal to try to bring your old world back? In fact, is that not what you are doing right now?"
>"And yet, you failed to understand such a basic reaction and forced her to go through so much pain."
>"I will not accept your apology until you understand what you have done so that such a thing does not happen again."
>That eye staring at you is rather creepy.
>"Don't you dare to try and blame my sister for your actions."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2012, 05:58:54 AM »
>"I have no intention of doing so."
>"I understand that Koishi made her choice, but you must understand that my intent was only a temporary reversal, a means to show her that you and I were speaking the truth. If she could see our minds, she would know that what we were saying was true. Once she calmed, I would have, had she desired it, closed her eye for her again as soon as I could. I expected her to be... less than pleased with me, but I thought that, through reading my mind, she would understand. And I never thought she would react by harming herself."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2012, 06:29:30 AM »
>"I have no intention of doing so."
>"I understand that Koishi made her choice, but you must understand that my intent was only a temporary reversal, a means to show her that you and I were speaking the truth. If she could see our minds, she would know that what we were saying was true. Once she calmed, I would have, had she desired it, closed her eye for her again as soon as I could. I expected her to be... less than pleased with me, but I thought that, through reading my mind, she would understand. And I never thought she would react by harming herself."
>"You were dealing with someone who had gone to extreme lengths to deny her very being. She was already in a state of distress. How could you possibly have thought that forcing her to become what she had hated would calm her down?"

>_

« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2012, 07:07:38 AM »
>"That was not one of my better ideas."
>So that's the story behind Koishi closing off her eye? Well our actions just became far more cruel. We were trying to make her stop rejecting reality, not mind-break her.
>We really shouldn't have forced it like that.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:34 AM »
>"...I did not know it ran that deep."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
>"...I did not know it ran that deep."
>"What do you think it is that defines a satori? It is our ability to read the mind. Can you not infer what it is to reject this?"

>"That was not one of my better ideas."
>So that's the story behind Koishi closing off her eye? Well our actions just became far more cruel. We were trying to make her stop rejecting reality, not mind-break her.
>We really shouldn't have forced it like that.
>"No. It was not."
>"Everything you do has consequences. As the creator of this land, I would have hoped that you knew this already."
>"You really should not have."
>The satori sighs.
>"As long as you understand."
>"So what do you plan to do with her? Leave her as she is? Change her back?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
>"What would you have me do?"

« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2012, 06:38:13 PM »
>Given her reaction she probably would want us to put her back, though we'd feel better if we could ask her.
>The next thing would be to ask the one most likely to know.
>Don't suppose that we can leave her eye half open to the point where she can decide to fully open or close it?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »
>"What would you have me do?"
>"It is hard to say. For her to continue living as she had, rejecting everything, would be an incredibly sad fate. However, as she is now, she is highly unstable and liable to take even more drastic measures to get away from this world."

>Given her reaction she probably would want us to put her back, though we'd feel better if we could ask her.
>The next thing would be to ask the one most likely to know.
>Don't suppose that we can leave her eye half open to the point where she can decide to fully open or close it?
>"If I were to be honest, I would rather she remains as she is right now. However, I am placing this decision in your hands."
>"Is it not obvious what she would want?"
>"And do you always put such little thought into your decisions? Have you not thought of the consequences that such an action might have?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2012, 09:57:53 PM »
>"In the heat of the moment, one often has unfortunately little time to think."