Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 64795 times)

Re: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #690 on: November 27, 2013, 05:13:34 AM »
Well, I guess I can't fault you if that was the reasoning.
We really did put way too much stock into the existence of an SK, even though we technically only had one extra NK.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #691 on: November 27, 2013, 05:16:33 AM »
Pretty Grade A postgame mafia talk going on in irc right now http://puu.sh/5uxTp.png
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #692 on: November 27, 2013, 05:37:00 AM »
well that owned

« Reply #693 on: November 27, 2013, 05:59:41 AM »
Congratulations on the perfect victory, guys!

Mitsuki, I finished reading the graveyard QT.  Your faith is rewarded!  I was being an arrogant prick to try and buy heat away from Cheez, then NNR. 

For future reference, if you see me being a dick, you should kill me right away >.>;;

Honestly your play the first days reminded me of how Vhaltz plays as scum. "Too nice to be scum". Then you changed your behaviour completely.
I'm just glad to see that was an act. I'll keep that in mind!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #694 on: November 27, 2013, 06:25:49 AM »
Thank god I died when I did.
I would have actually had to have replaced out if you hadn't killed me. :toot:

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #695 on: November 27, 2013, 06:27:21 AM »
Also what's Serela's LYLO record now?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #696 on: November 27, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »
Gonna take most of the blame for how Skypal wasn't lynched D1 if you don't mind. TBH I don't like giving scumteam ready fakeclaims since the assumption I made was that scum wouldn't be able to think that up. I mean, I was going to congratulate him for proving me wrong but then I saw that. Gee.

edit on second thought it's only a 'vague' safeclaim so I should still give due props for Sky making them lynch-reliant like that

Anyway, scumteam did manage to fool enough players, so happy win for you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:36:49 AM by BT »

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #697 on: November 27, 2013, 12:41:49 PM »
I was trying a new style of play if it wasnt obvious enough. It took me all my restrain to not fling into a state of swear flinging paranoia but i guess that is for the best.

Well done. Cheez. I pretty much had sp nailed due to his diverging style. Tbh i formed my scumteam only after n3. Sp rather dedicated case on zak removed all my doubts on him and instead gave nnr out as confscum. I only knew it must be a one on one between serela and cheez due to my position as the othet lynchee. I wouldve prolly went for serela scum honestly seeing how he fuck up votes.

And really you all. I gave enough obvtown info. I townconf asap in my very first post and was the only guy voting for sp along with ihnn the second last day. Town lost this literally because you accepted scums OMGUS logic. Walls matter less when theres the vote record.

Well. Gg. I will make a mental note to keep serela alive as scum no matter what. Next time fellas
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #698 on: November 27, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »
for the record I was pretty annoyed that people automatically distrusted me because they were bitter about the last game I played in.  Logic was replaced by fear and paranoia.  Bordered on character assassination

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #699 on: November 27, 2013, 03:23:05 PM »
Heh. Since i am here i might as well as address that. For i did push for the dan wagon afterall.

I personally dont think that its your track record even though its part of the reason you arw lynched. But your defenses lack any substantial sincerity.

And your claim was really meh. You kept adding scenarios which are totes unlikely like a framer or tailor being in play yet all of them hit you etcetera which makes at least me wonder where did you even get that assumption. Most of us think it is a scumslip for making too much use of the extra knowledge.

Heck. And theres the players. I literally didnt even have a chance to defend myself and out the entire scumteam because derp!town
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #700 on: November 27, 2013, 04:36:33 PM »
Dan we lynched you because claiming miller after getting a guilty on you is like the most damning thing ever. It came up again in the irc postgame talk and the general consensus was "There is literally no reason to not claim miller in your first post". The reasons not to do so were considered, but were drastically outweighed by how horribly bad it is if your role ever actually comes into play, aka the reason why it's important to claim it.

The night spirit softclaim was also considered but the issue is you can't rely on people to A.Know the flavor B.Actually make the connection from flavor to your role. Even if I had known what the night spirit thing was I wouldn't have assumed it made you a miller and so avoided considering you for investigations >>

the fact that iirc -every other miller in motk history claimed immediately- (at least since I came here like 4 years ago) wouldn't have helped that I wouldn't guess you were one but yeah

Darkie:Apparently you were doing a lot more then you actually bothered to tell us in the thread. Maybe if you weren't doing next to nothing the entire game and spamming fakeclaims like it was going out of style, we wouldn't have wanted to policy lynch you so much. The SkyPaladin case d3 actually wasn't that bad, but by then your status in the game was so bad I hardly cared, because I was assuming you were probably scum already. Even if we lynched SkyPaladin I would have thought "well he could have been bussing" because you did nothing else that would have made you look townie.

And no, voting SkyPaladin at d4 start is not the most townie thing ever Shadoweh, because SkyPaladin was already assumed quicklynch by everyone in the game and scum immediately jumping onto it wouldn't be weird in the slightest.

I do have to kind of wonder if I shouldn't be so hard on Darkie because, honestly, this game was hard to get any kind of reads in for reasons I already talked about. But then I remember he said things like "since I'm VT obviously I'm not going to put in much effort" >_>
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:38:27 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

« Reply #701 on: November 27, 2013, 05:10:18 PM »
so the wording of BT's role was totally ignored in these pro IRC conversations gotta.

Btw for the future, never claiming miller D1 again.

suck on the WIFOM.

Don't lynch me.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #702 on: November 27, 2013, 05:12:29 PM »
Darkie townslipped in his confirmation post but nobody pushed that.

I NOTICED but i was dead rip

Why did I switch over to Raikaria day 1 ugggggggggggggggggggh

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #703 on: November 27, 2013, 06:23:39 PM »
To reiterate what I said on IRC, there is literally no reason not to claim miller in your first post if you're a miller.  You do not want town to waste its resources on you if you mess up, and you don't want scum to be able to get away with claiming miller either.  It's just too easy for scum to claim this if townies aren't being reasonable and claiming in their first post.  And I mean, come on Dan, the worst case scenario JUST HAPPENED with you this game.  You killed the town investigative role and got lynched because you didn't claim miller in your first post. :V

Besides, what should make you threatening to scum isn't your role, it's your ability to actually find them,  If you're actually dangerous to the scumteam then they'll have to kill you even if you are a claimed miller.  And hey, if they don't it just means you get to beat them up some more.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #704 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
I forgot to mention: Paladin, I recommend you to be careful when faking anger. I think Zakeri was affected this time around. Sometimes it's not worth having more chances at winning a game when it hurts people in exchange.

Quote from: Dormio (QT)
I still don't understand the large leaps and bounds that Mitsuki's thought process seems to make when determining scum.

I'm working on being able to express what I say properly. Anyways, if you're so much better at scumhunting why don't you actually try to prove it?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #705 on: November 27, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
I townconf asap in my very first post and was the only guy voting for sp along with ihnn the second last day. Town lost this literally because you accepted scums OMGUS logic.
Nope, sure but that doesn't mean as much as you might think, nope because Serela AND I both considered you pretty scummy.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #706 on: November 27, 2013, 09:11:36 PM »
I'm working on being able to express what I say properly. Anyways, if you're so much better at scumhunting why don't you actually try to prove it?
You sound slightly mad.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #707 on: November 27, 2013, 09:14:57 PM »
You also sound slightly mad.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #708 on: November 27, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »
Now now, girls, you're all pretty.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #709 on: November 28, 2013, 01:03:26 AM »
Have fun getting lynched turbolynched again when the cop finds you! :D

Seriously, relying on flavor is the absolute worse thing you can do in Mafia. What if you had been Miller in BT's nonsense fruit game?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #710 on: November 28, 2013, 01:26:09 AM »
I forgot to mention: Paladin, I recommend you to be careful when faking anger. I think Zakeri was affected this time around. Sometimes it's not worth having more chances at winning a game when it hurts people in exchange.

No, I didn't even react to Paladin's version of the accusation. I was more angry in response to Kilga saying the same thing, but just because he said it in a sincerely angry kind of tone. I couldn't actually get angry at Sky because I knew (and was already trying to call out) that he was just faking emotions in order to sway people onto his case against me.

Which makes my later switch to Schezo even dumber.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #711 on: November 28, 2013, 02:56:19 AM »
so the wording of BT's role was totally ignored in these pro IRC conversations gotta
I have no idea what the wording of BT's role has to do with claiming or not claiming miller ???

You didn't know what BT's role at the start of the game. It did not factor into whether you did or did not claim. And it was effectively a town cop (with modifiers) which is not an uncommon role (especially if a miller exists in the first place)

anyway this conversation is really unfun because Dan is just being blatantly antagonistic in that post :/

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #712 on: November 28, 2013, 03:19:59 AM »
I think it's because of my scumslip when I said that if I had targetted Dan with my 'detect check' I would have died. 

Of course it wouldn't happen but for some reason my brain wired it that way.  Oops. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #713 on: November 28, 2013, 03:44:54 AM »
Dan we lynched you because claiming miller after getting a guilty on you is like the most damning thing ever.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #714 on: November 28, 2013, 03:55:27 AM »
to add context to that quote, if you are planning on having a discussion about my lynch I'd suggest not leaving out important details.

Don't lynch me.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #715 on: November 28, 2013, 04:25:22 AM »
Wow, how did Paladin not get lynched? Also aaaaa people keep saying I did way better than I actually did and it makes me feel really happy and indignant because no, I actually played pretty badly. Seriously, I hardly said anything this time, and I couldn't have survived more than a day or two if ANYBODY picked up on that stupid stupid stupid pro-town killer claim/crumb/whatever (which immediately changed to ITP) that I made when I hammered Dan, but then it was just magical that nobody ever mentioned that post again. I couldn't believe it.

I think NNR would have been lynched if town stopped to realize that the two people that were gunning for him got killed back-to-back under incredibly suspicious circumstances.
I almost brought this up myself while looking for stuff that was suspicious from any player, but then I thought "...maaaaybe if I don't bring it up nobody will notice? ...Nah, somebody's going to notice... but I'll let someone else bring it up first just in case."

Also, to respond to Shadoweh saying Darkie would look better than me for helping to lynch Paladin, I was ready at pretty much every point in the entire game to lynch Paladin after he gave the go-ahead Day 1. It was probably a good thing I missed most of the final day because I really wouldn't have been able to post anything other than "Why aren't we lynching Paladin yet? I mean, I can vote for him or something if you guys really need more confidence in this."

Overall... That was tough. Good game, everyone!
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #716 on: November 28, 2013, 04:51:21 AM »
You guys should stop double-posting once the game is over. This is the last time I have to tell you.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #717 on: November 28, 2013, 05:17:48 AM »
Also, to respond to Shadoweh saying Darkie would look better than me for helping to lynch Paladin, I was ready at pretty much every point in the entire game to lynch Paladin after he gave the go-ahead Day 1.

Pretty much this.  I thought I was dead day 1.  I told them to throw me under the bus in whatever way necessary to get town cred.  I think Cheez8 was my most vocal critic for the first two days.  I'm so proud of him :3
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #718 on: November 28, 2013, 05:25:43 AM »
I don't really know what you're implying I'm leaving out. Zakeri almost being lynched over you doesn't really change anything about the situation.

And BT's role saying "dies if a cop would have gotten a guilty result" doesn't make any difference. Normally it would have just been a cop claiming a guilty on you, which is a little less bad, but still practically a disaster (cop wastes night action, cop claiming publically is almost as bad as him dying from the investigation, town wastes lynch on town miller)

I mean, I'm not saying "ugh dan this was so fucking shitty you piece of shit" I'm just saying that this is why normally millers claim and it's not cool how your reaction is to get super passive aggressive and go "I'm never going to claim miller d1 now, suck on that bitches" (partially because it's implying you're fine with this easily avoidable fiasco occurring again)

okay technically you said wifom but it gave off the same feeling and considering it's more or less unanimous from everyone else that millers should always claim d1, backed up with logical reasons why, it just kind of feels like a "I'm going to keep doing it this way as a rebellion against you all" as you explanationlessly blow it off

In your rebuttals, you bring up some topic (such as BT's role description or how important details shouldn't be left out), but then you -completely ignore saying what the actual details/reasons are- leaving me(/us?) with no idea what your point actually is. Because I can't see what it is. :C As far as I can tell you don't have one, as all the things that I come up with trying to interpret, don't really make any sense.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:29:42 AM by Serela »

« Reply #719 on: November 28, 2013, 05:38:26 AM »
I want to Sheep Serela's case right now.
##Vote: ActionDan