Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 64800 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #660 on: November 27, 2013, 04:15:37 AM »
bahahahaha stoneeye was scum yessssssssssssssssssssssssss
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #661 on: November 27, 2013, 04:16:29 AM »
Cheez8 was scum. Welp.

I don't know how to feel about this game. It felt like the ball never really got rolling. As I said before, it kept feeling like almost nothing had happened. It didn't seem like there was much to really look at.

Cheez8 played really well, anyway, IMO.

Probably would have ended up lynching SkyPaladin sooner or later despite how D4 went, but Darkie being town and playing the way he did along with the miller shenanigans wasting d2 nailed town's coffin in.

Would have lost to Cheez8 in lylo for sure even if those things had gone better, though!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #662 on: November 27, 2013, 04:17:19 AM »
I may have fabricated my position as a team player for the losing team.

Not my best scum game, but I managed to survive with all my buddies alive as well, so I suppose it's a job well done.

Sky Paladin gets lots of credit for being incredibly ballsy with that D3 lynch, and for convincing not one but two townies to not vote him when he was pretty clearly obviously scum.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #663 on: November 27, 2013, 04:18:11 AM »
The main reason I didn't vote SkyPaladin was because we were going to be lynching Darkie sooner or later. Might as well have gotten it over with earlier. ;_;
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:21:37 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #664 on: November 27, 2013, 04:21:11 AM »
Should have lynched the obvscum first.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #665 on: November 27, 2013, 04:21:25 AM »
But you did vote SkyPal.
And he wasn't quicklynched. And you knew your own alignment.
So what I'm saying is WHY YOU DO DIS

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #666 on: November 27, 2013, 04:22:35 AM »
>Sky having an elaborate claim is null. His role could actually be that. Remember the Final Boss role in IWBTS? That was pretty elaborate.
>Cheez flips Final Boss

Also, yes, in retrospect, Paladin would have been quicklynched already if he was town. He was even more confirmed scum. I just wasn't thinking very hard because Darkie was going to be lynched sooner or later too so I didn't care about the order too much >_>

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #667 on: November 27, 2013, 04:22:49 AM »
The main reason I didn't vote SkyPaladin was because we were going to be lynching Darkie sooner or later. Might as well have gotten it over with earlier. ;_;

Thou shalt not suffer scum to live.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #668 on: November 27, 2013, 04:24:01 AM »
I have no regrets because I ended the suffering earlier by doing this >_> There was no way we'd have lynched Cheez8 over Darkie by endgame.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #669 on: November 27, 2013, 04:25:12 AM »
Well, I was right about my initial gut feeling that I ignored for the QT being all town, lynched the first of 3 scummy players and would have guessed wrong anyway.

Well played Cheez and I'm glad my stable scumread was accurate

I have no regrets because I ended the suffering earlier by doing this >_> There was no way we'd have lynched Cheez8 over Darkie by endgame.
^This is very very very true, probably would have lynched DNA before NNR too.

Shadoweh

« Reply #670 on: November 27, 2013, 04:25:55 AM »
I just wasn't thinking very hard
Serela I'm not saying you're bad at mafia but WHY WOULD THE GUY WHO CROSSVOTED SCUM EVENTUALLY BE LYNCHED

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #671 on: November 27, 2013, 04:27:38 AM »
It's not Serela's fault. 

It's everybody else's fault for not reading properly. 

Cheez8 told you all on day 2 that he was scum with this post.  You should read the scum QT.  It's hilarious.  But not for me >.>;;
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #672 on: November 27, 2013, 04:28:04 AM »
Probably, IHNN. Probably would have.

Serela: "You just made a big post but it's more or less completely defense, so you still haven't done anything remotely townie-looking :V"

... I don't like this sentence. It's hard to think that this could have come from town perspective. It's just as if Serela was assuming that IHNN can do townie things and be townie but he's saying "you seem scummy from other's perspective so I'm going to vote you". I don't know how to explain this better.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Serela is scum? (?_o)
Misrep. I wasn't talking about other people saying he's scummy so he must be scummy, I meant he still hadn't been doing any scumhunting so he was scummy. Post full of defense was bad because he hadn't done real scumhunting yet.

Shadoweh:WE WOULD HAVE LYNCHED DARKIE OVER CHEEZ8 IT WOULD HAVE DEFINITELY HAPPENED

« Reply #673 on: November 27, 2013, 04:28:31 AM »
being defeatist is dumb, getting skypal out of the picture could've lead to people reconsidering cheez8 under the different game state. you don't actually know.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #674 on: November 27, 2013, 04:30:57 AM »
I think NNR would have been lynched if town stopped to realize that the two people that were gunning for him got killed back-to-back under incredibly suspicious circumstances.

But then again

Quote from: Me in the QT
Also I was going to complain about how no one on D3 bothered to consider the ramifications of Dan being town but then I looked at the player list. <_<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #675 on: November 27, 2013, 04:31:52 AM »
Darkie was heavylurking and being ridiculous the entire game, whilst Cheez8 was my initial townread and a strong one. Even if he became a weaker townread I can't imagine lynching him over Darkie.

Trying to push SkyPaladin as a lynch with a not-completely-bad case would have helped Darkie out, so maybe we'd have lynched IHNN or NNR D5, though.

« Reply #676 on: November 27, 2013, 04:39:04 AM »
Darkie townslipped in his confirmation post but nobody pushed that.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #677 on: November 27, 2013, 04:40:34 AM »
Serela is just bad at LYLO situations. It's more of a running joke that if Serela survives to LYLO, town loses.
It's pretty rare for me to get lynched after D1 and I'm almost never a serious candidate for a kill from any alignment. When I am I have a role to direct the kill onto someone even more townie then myself

So I get there incredibly often. >_>;

By the way, Zakeri is still my favorite, and I wish I could have hugged him all the way to the end of the game.

Shadoweh

« Reply #678 on: November 27, 2013, 04:41:37 AM »
Darkie was heavylurking and being ridiculous the entire game, whilst Cheez8 was my initial townread and a strong one. Even if he became a weaker townread I can't imagine lynching him over Darkie.
Trying to push SkyPaladin as a lynch with a not-completely-bad case would have helped Darkie out, so maybe we'd have lynched IHNN or NNR D5, though.
Why would you vote for the only guy who went out of his way to crossvote against the scum while everyone else made really terrible "WELL SKYPAL IS OBVSCUM BUT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT DARK GUY GOLLY GEE MAYBE IT IS HE WHO IS THE SCUM! I won't vote either of them though because I'm nice!~" posts?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #679 on: November 27, 2013, 04:43:27 AM »
I would have pushed Dark very hard the next day, I was gunning for his lynched next regardless.

I think Cheez would have won scum the game in the end, though. No suspicion!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #680 on: November 27, 2013, 04:43:52 AM »
I did pick up on people who suspected NNR being NKed, though I wrote it off as coincidence/killing an obvious town player (i.e. Kilga).
It's been so long since I survived to endgame though that I forgot some of the ramifications (though taking a few games off changed the meta away from "lynch me D1 thx!")

I can understand why Kilga disabled me BUT I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO STEER DISCUSSION INTO THE QT D4

Shadoweh

« Reply #681 on: November 27, 2013, 04:46:56 AM »
I would have pushed Dark very hard the next day, I was gunning for his lynched next regardless.

I think Cheez would have won scum the game in the end, though. No suspicion!
Yes but Neko, you were scum :< Cheez was p great

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #682 on: November 27, 2013, 04:49:15 AM »
well I was wrong everywhere!

good 2 know.  probably I should keep the free passes in check

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #683 on: November 27, 2013, 04:52:55 AM »
people who thought I was town:

Kilga (kinda), sky.

1/2 were scum.

hooray!

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #684 on: November 27, 2013, 04:53:59 AM »
No way, Dan.  You actually named Cheez, NNR and I all in the same post as 'town'.  I was gobsmacked.  I assumed you had some crazy plan and we were all gone day 1. 

Mitsuki, I finished reading the graveyard QT.  Your faith is rewarded!  I was being an arrogant prick to try and buy heat away from Cheez, then NNR. 

For future reference, if you see me being a dick, you should kill me right away >.>;;

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #685 on: November 27, 2013, 04:56:43 AM »
Quote from: huhwhat
Also this set-up was entirely balanced around the expectation the miller would claim D1 and never get tracked. Whoops!
ha thats funny  :D

Quote from: actiondan
meh prolly not.

chances cop targets me 1/14.

chances scum NK me 1/12.

I'm not saying that not claiming miller D1 is best. I'm saying it's acceptable not to claim miller at all.
thats how it is mathematically and we all know math sucks

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #686 on: November 27, 2013, 04:59:43 AM »
chances cop targets me 1/14.

chances scum NK me 1/12.
Mathematically, this means the chance of you being caught is 100% 8)

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #687 on: November 27, 2013, 05:01:31 AM »
Also, I want to add about BT's question-on-my-question -

"Once this game is done I'd like to have a chat with people about these supposedly 'scummoves'. I don't consider myself a new player but these trend things are new to me. I also don't think they're made up - Kilga's explanation makes good sense. If I had known about it, I would have voted DNA instead of just dropping vote. I feel like I wasted a lot of time and distracted people for no reason. So it's annoying for me to think that there was a better thing to do and I just didn't know about it because I was genre blind. "

This was an honest question.  Throughout this whole game I saw many strange things where people said 'oh this is towny' and 'oh this is scummy'.  Like, for example, Raikaria dropping his vote and not making a new case for it. 

As scum, I was shocked.  I want to break open this whole 'scumtell' thing.  I had to learn really fast - it was such a surreal experience.  I had to post things carefully and think 'now will this look like a scumslip?  Or is it too towny?' because people started saying I was too tryhard town.  But it was shocking for me because when I play scum, I imagine that I am an actual towny trying to find the scum team.  So I legitimately thought "Why aren't people buying it?"  It wasn't just that people were reading my stuff and going 'oh he is scum'.  I felt like my points were being ignored for some reason.  Now later in the game, I realise partly it was because Kilga had an active role so knew he had been sabotaged. 

I want to question these so called scumtells.  Relying on them nearly got me killed on day 1, which is a big plus.   I guess it's not always right but it only has to be right a few times a game to win for town. 

Lastly, why do you self vote as town?  You know you are town, you should never vote for yourself!  Raaargh. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #688 on: November 27, 2013, 05:01:37 AM »
well, hey the entire quicktopic was town, because I'm psychic or something.

I love my absolute refusal to lynch scum. I'm not sure what it would have taken to shake my townread of Cheez8 off, but I think I'm most disappointed by dropping Sky just because he's inconsistently bad for someone who was consistently bad.

I really don't know where I went wrong with that, like, I even knew that his day 2 play meant absolutely nothing aside from the fact that he was capable of playing correctly which should have made everything else SO MUCH MORE SUSPECT BECAUSE HE'S TOTALLY INTENTIONALLY PLAYING BADLY FOR THE SAKE OF MESSING TOWN UP.

I'm also incredibly annoyed at Kilga trying to target a claimed neighbor when all of us were complaining about him not being able to talk, like, okay I get it you think he's suspicious but seriously there's probably better scum roles to roleblock, like whatever you've semi-confirmed Sky to be.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #689 on: November 27, 2013, 05:11:00 AM »
I thought he was the ITP, simple as that. I actually originally was going to disable NNR but veered off at the last minute because of how there were two N2 deaths and yet no D3 LYLO warning. Keeping the ITP pinned down was more important than disabling scum due to the numbers.