Author Topic: This Season's New Anime thread  (Read 93434 times)

Re: This Season's New Anime thread
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2010, 01:38:21 AM »
Hey man, this episode had Nino destroying a city by firing beams from her mouth while riding a horse that looked like a robotic unicorn.

It doesn't get much better than that BV

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2010, 01:49:33 AM »
Horse.

And admittedly, that was pretty great.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Matsuri

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2010, 01:51:58 AM »
Define "good"

Hey hey hey I liked Ouran :<

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2010, 02:13:08 AM »
Arakawa is just sheer epic.
I can only hope the further downstream they go the more bizarre types of people will appear.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Monarch Firefly

• The true queen of Gensokyo~
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
So far I've got Oreimo, Fortune Arterial(I happen to like generic harem, thank you very much), and TWOGK.  Haven't yet watched Otome Yōkai Zakuro and Star Driver, though I hear good things.  Thanks to this thread, I'll have to watch Squid Girl  and Yasuga no Sora.  I want to watch season 2 of Index, but first I'll have to reacquaint myself with season 1.  Probably will give P+S a second go.

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »
Nansaki is so seme, it's an interesting change of pace :V

Tengukami

« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Episode 1 of Kuragehime is finally up. And this will mark the last series I'm following this season: Arakawa Under the Bridge, Bakuman, Ika Musume, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, and now this. Not a bad crop of series to fill the autumnal season!

Post viewing edit: This is actually not a bad show. The female otaku angle is different, and the main character is not some cute high school girl but a chubby girl with thick eyebrows. While it has some "we so crazy!" humor in there, there's some genuinely funny stuff (the jellyfish calling out to be rescued, for one), and even some touching material there, too. The comedy is paced well without going overboard. This could be pretty good.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:13:48 AM by Tsukiko »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2010, 01:36:24 AM »
Indeed, I am most impressed with Kuragehime, I watched it on a whim after checking out the plot summary and I am delighted to say, this is most creative, funny and the VAs are well chosen thus far. Worth checking out if you are into Paradise Kiss, Welcome to the NHK sorta thing.

Meanwhile, if you are into the Taisho era fashion and youkai stuff, Otome Youkai Zakuro is surprisingly promising. I feel it resembles a lot of Sakura Wars... maybe because of the characters~
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2010, 11:15:10 AM »
On this week's Ginga Bishonen:

strangely, I begin to think of Star Driver as a weekly monster show now, despite its cool beginnings it hinted at poorly ran pace. I still won't give up the series tho.

Soramono Forte ep 3 is a helluva funny one, I think season 2 is better than season 1, Astrea is just be best idiot of this season. Cirno can't even touch this one. She is major stupide.

Tengukami

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »
Bakuman continues to be awesome.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru ... I like this show more each time. I know there's no real story, which was a complaint I've made about Season 2 of Arakawa, but ... man, Hotori is such a nicely-flawed sympathetic character. The atmosphere, the dialog and the interactions for some reason keep me interested. When I figure out why I like this series I'll let you know.

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2010, 06:19:28 PM »
2 SHAFT series
2 series dealing with otaku tendencies
2 series with incestuous undertones
2 series with
Spoiler:
cross-dressers
2 Hidamari Sketch episodes.

This season is amazing.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2010, 11:38:21 PM »
Biggest slut on a high school robot show ever...

seriously, Mrs. Watanabe can take on everyone, and still win the fight with her pinky. Star Driver lol.

after a bit of looking through, I found Star Driver actually has a resonance of brilliance in it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_time
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:03:25 AM by ♛Apprivoise+ »

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »
Not sure yet how I feel about Oreimo.  Kirino is pretty cute and I enjoyed her catfight with Kuroneko, though.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2010, 02:51:10 AM »
My sister is not here but yeah

this show is all kinds of good. I am up to episode 3 today and I am surprised at the fun factor. While episode 1 was ok hurr durr, episode 2 is getting better and by episode 3 I was caught.
It is something that I find the very nicely done.

I will take back what I said about being mundane, this season had some pretty good shows and I think Oreimo is one of my favorites.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2010, 12:07:53 AM »
Yeah, about episode 3.  I like that Kirino acts like an actual 14-year-old... but I don't like the realization that that's pretty much the same way most 16 or 17-year-old girls act in anime.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2010, 02:37:50 AM »
Panty and Stocking : Episode 1 was great. But if they're gonna do this every time...

It's going to get old. The show is massively overrated anyway, but it's still pretty cool. If you're going to watch this, just make sure it's not the only thing you watch.

MM!: I like it. I like the surrounding topic the show is taking:

It's not just about curing Tarou's masochism, but about accepting people with certain paraphilias/phobias in general / etc... (Replace the italic with anything else, and it'll still fit)

Still have to write a post about this, but I do like the direction this is taking.

Hello, character development!!! Our male character actually seems dynamic for once!

Fortune Arterial: Interesting so far. I haven't played the visual novel, so I can't say too much about it... I might watch episode 2 later today...

The Fall Season's Lineup is quite aggressive this year. I wonder why that is. I'm enjoying mostly everything so far, and I still have more shows to check out.

EDIT: Oh, and A-F, your avatar was drawn by An2A. I bought an art book from her/him just a while ago. Awesome illustrations, btw.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:01:00 AM by Tsundere❖Works »

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »
Well, I like that artist.
almost as much as I like the other one called CO2A lol.

Yosuga no Sora is actually top tier, the more I learn about the misadventures of Mikoto the more I love her. Best character all season... 'lol, I do everything the juniors asked me too and YET I AM NOT POPULAR and I AM A VIRGIN' this episode 3 has a hime cut ojousama character and I like it, kinda reminds me, this season is FULL OF HIME CUT characters.
every anime has one.

Panty and Stocking, Yosuga no Sora, even MM! has one (though is a trap), what a Hime Cut season we have.

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2010, 01:09:46 AM »
Well, I like that artist.
almost as much as I like the other one called CO2A lol.

Yosuga no Sora is actually top tier, the more I learn about the misadventures of Mikoto the more I love her. Best character all season... 'lol, I do everything the juniors asked me too and YET I AM NOT POPULAR and I AM A VIRGIN' this episode 3 has a hime cut ojousama character and I like it, kinda reminds me, this season is FULL OF HIME CUT characters.
every anime has one.

Panty and Stocking, Yosuga no Sora, even MM! has one (though is a trap), what a Hime Cut season we have.
Kaguya

Kaguya everywhere

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33:51 PM »
World God keeps getting better and better.  :3

Also, not sure if it belongs in this thread or not, but SHAFT is making a second season for Maria+Holic.

Also, Akiyuki Shinbou is apparently working on an original anime with two other notable people.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:56:44 PM by Kasunagi-no-Tsurugi »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Tengukami

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2010, 12:04:30 AM »
Ika Musume continues to be awesome.

Also, where Season 1 of Arakawa was about Ko, I think the angle they're going for this season is Ko and Nino. In other words, less about the dude's struggles with his daddy issues and general societal criticism, and more just a romantic comedy. Which is A-OK with me.

Also also, fun fact: Listening to P-Ko explode at Ko immediately brought another character's distinct and (to my ears) hilarious whine to mind, so I had to look it up to see if it was true - and I was right: P-Ko from Arakawa and Hotori from Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru are voiced by the same person.

MAID EDIT: The first half of episode 3 was like something out of a Murakami short story. A pretty clever little detective story.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:45:37 AM by Tsukiko »

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2010, 02:41:02 AM »
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD, TATSUKICHI IS SO AWESOME O-OJOUSAMA~ THIS EPISODE 4. MAID UNIFORM! CHECK! GLASSES CHECK! HIME CUT! CHECK!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I MOE OVERLOADED SO HARD.
*FAP FAP FAP*
I am sorry guys... it is just... MM! is just awesome this episode.

Hideyoshi is cool and all, but this season belongs to Tatsukichi hands down.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:46:45 AM by ♛Apprivoise+ »

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2010, 02:47:40 AM »
THIS EPISODE 4.

MAID UNIFORM
GLASSES
HIME CUT
HOLY SHIT

*downloadsIMMEDIATELY

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2010, 03:15:20 AM »
best drag queen ever.
I mean I am cool with the cute and cuddly traps but this version of traps of fine too.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2010, 08:03:16 AM »
Ah yes, Arakawa S2 Ep4 reminds me of good times, the days when we still have casettes and not CDs or DVDs. This episode is just made of pure funny, and I like how it focuses so much on the odd couple this season, if they do have a season 3 I hope such antics will be kept. Angry Nino is angry.

Tengukami

« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2010, 10:23:14 AM »
Yeah, I like the emphasis shift onto Ko and Nino working out how to be a couple, but I think Ika Musume and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru are my two favorites this season. I like Bakuman, don't get me wrong - episode 4 was pretty educational on the use of pens. But the pure joyful comedy of the squid girl and the surreal antics of the maid caf? are what really keep me engaged for the full 24 minutes.

« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2010, 11:37:18 PM »
Yeah, I like the emphasis shift onto Ko and Nino working out how to be a couple, but I think Ika Musume and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru are my two favorites this season. I like Bakuman, don't get me wrong - episode 4 was pretty educational on the use of pens. But the pure joyful comedy of the squid girl and the surreal antics of the maid caf? are what really keep me engaged for the full 24 minutes.
Dammit that's two more shows I need to pick up.

I don't have time for all this ;_;

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2010, 11:43:34 PM »
I was originally not going to pick up SoreMachi, but I decided to give it a try after reading the sentiments in this thread. I do not regret it.

« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »
I was originally not going to pick up SoreMachi, but I decided to give it a try after reading the sentiments in this thread. I do not regret it.
dammit shaft ;__;

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2010, 12:12:59 AM »