Author Topic: Learning to play the piano (a touhou inspiration~)  (Read 23870 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: Learning to play the piano (a touhou inspiration~)
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 07:19:51 AM »
Well I am a student, I don't have money or room for a real piano. I'll definetly buy one when I'm rich in the future  :3
But you can adjust the volume with presses on a keyboard to, at least mine has that function.

Also if you got any easy beginner pieces to share, that would be great.

There's a ton of "Easy Modo" packs out there on Youtube. And yeah, I started with Green-Eyed Jealousy as part of my medley. If you want to try something a little more difficult (but not by much), you can try the first part of Maiden's Capriccio (before the breakdown, unless you have a teacher to help you with that part).

Emotional Skyscraper is easy if you (over)simplify the bass part, Doll Judgment is okay if you simplify the melody to just the top notes, and Phantom Ensemble's melody should be trivial once you get the hang of it (as well as the bass). This sheet of Nostalgic Blood Of The East also sounds interesting.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »
Implying I can play even a tenth of that speed :-/

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2011, 04:34:00 AM »
You can slow it down :D it's fine, you can speed it up later on.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2011, 12:29:06 PM »
There's a ton of "Easy Modo" packs out there on Youtube. And yeah, I started with Green-Eyed Jealousy as part of my medley. If you want to try something a little more difficult (but not by much), you can try the first part of Maiden's Capriccio (before the breakdown, unless you have a teacher to help you with that part).

Emotional Skyscraper is easy if you (over)simplify the bass part, Doll Judgment is okay if you simplify the melody to just the top notes, and Phantom Ensemble's melody should be trivial once you get the hang of it (as well as the bass). This sheet of Nostalgic Blood Of The East also sounds interesting.

I remember getting those two songs from here, I think. There's plenty of Touhou sheet music there, but I think they're a bit more on the intermediate level.

Try here if you're looking for beginner-level Touhou sheets. It has TONS of them.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »
I remember getting those two songs from here, I think. There's plenty of Touhou sheet music there, but I think they're a bit more on the intermediate level.

Try here if you're looking for beginner-level Touhou sheets. It has TONS of them.
Those sites are awesome  :D exactly what I needed

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »
I'm gonna toss this out here too.

Unless I'm being blind and oblivious again, this kinda intermediate site hasn't been posted either.