Author Topic: English patch for Bouhou Youyoumu  (Read 10324 times)

English patch for Bouhou Youyoumu
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:04:18 PM »
I'm the one who made the Bouhou Koumakyou English patch (among other things). When I made the patch engine for Bouhou Koumakyou, I always tried to make something as generic as possible, which I could reuse for other games with similar game engines, then with games with more different game engines. So, back when I started working on the patch for Bouhou Koumakyou, I planned to work on the other Bouhou games.
And so, here is the work thread for Bouhou Youyoumu. I planned to work on Bouhou Koumakyou 2 at first, but because of the way the patch engine works, all texts needs to be seen in game in order to be translatable. I'd like to work to change this, but it takes some time. Bouhou Koumakyou 2 have ransom texts, and Bouhou Youyoumu haven't, so I'll be able to see all the texts in a quick playthrough of Bouhou Youyoumu, and I'll work on the auto-collection of texts alongside doing the Bouhou Youyoumu patch.
So, I said I wanted to make a patch engine able to patch all the Bouhou games in more or less the same way, and this is a success! Bouhou Youyoumu is patchable after 1h10 of work (and 30 or 40 minutes were spent on fixing a bug in the patch engine itself, so effective patching of Bouhou Youyoume took only 30 or 40 minutes), and the Bouhou Youyoumu config program has been fully translated after 10 minutes of work (it was really similar to the one from Bouhou Koumakyou, and didn't have any more text to translate). I'd like to enhance the patch engine a bit before sending the texts for translation (for the Bouhou Koumakyou 1 patch, we needed to transcribe all the characters manually before the translation, and with my current skills in reverse engineering, I think I can skip this step), but that shouldn't take a lot of time.
For now, here is the Bouhou Youyoumu config patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yzmgzmnju29an2q/Bouhou+Youyoumu+English+patch.zip

Edit:
I sent the menu texts to TwilightsCall for translation. When he'll have finished (which will take some time), we should have a gameplay patch.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:43:43 PM by brliron »

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
Re: English patch for Bouhou Youyoumu
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 12:53:46 AM »
Super late, but here it is!

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 07:33:25 PM »
Oh, nice ! Thanks
I'll make a gameplay patch and give some more texts to translate... later. I'm quite busy right now.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »
The "later" from my previous post is now.
Well, there's a bit too much problems to name that a gameplay patch, so I'll name that a beta patch. Download link: [attach=1]
There's 2 problems: the text alignment sucks at some places, and I forgot to send a few things for translation.
Here are those few things:
[attach=2]
[attach=3]

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 11:41:18 AM »
The "later" from my previous post is now.
Well, there's a bit too much problems to name that a gameplay patch, so I'll name that a beta patch. Download link: [attach=1]
There's 2 problems: the text alignment sucks at some places, and I forgot to send a few things for translation.
Here are those few things:
[attach=2]
[attach=3]

I know this is a super old topic, but when I tried downloading the gameplay patch, I got a neat error that reads "boho2_patch.zip The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"
I would really like to play this game in English but it looks as though the patch here is busted, and the fact it shows as having a file size of 0 bytes supports this.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 06:56:38 PM »
Sorry for the huge necro, but for some reason, the link above died. I tried to find the zip on my computer, but I don't have it anymore. I put together some old files on my computer (from back when I was working on the patch), but... for some reason, the item names and some other things aren't translated. I couldn't find why. Well, that's still better than the one above because you have at least the translated descriptions
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 01:49:39 AM by Tom »