Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258512 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »
Are you noticing any untranslated text? I just defeated the maingame final boss again and about 90% of the text was untranslated. I'm not sure if it actually changed or if something broke when I ported the translation files over.

A Keine box in the intro, a box in Rumia's recruitment event (before the manga meat's given over) some acheivement and skill text (obviously, since those were changed last patch) and a single word or two in Chen's recruitment.

Everything else so far's been looking fine. I'll try to call you out and list more as I go.

EDIT: Another one that almost slipped through: the description for basic attacks, at the top of the screen, is also untranslated. Where it'd usually tell you that it's going to use the higher of Attack or Magic to do damage.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:50:25 PM by General_Milky »

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »
I knew something about the level was off. I guess that explains how you get additional copies of the item, and based on the next post, apparently a few others as well.
Spoiler:
I wonder if these scale higher if you defeat them again, or if you can just gain infinite copies of their item once your level is that obscenely high. I figure it's probably the latter, but that's fair enough... huh, if these fights aren't broken though, I guess Winner's overflows are just weird bugs? If you can have a lv10k+ fight then lv2400 winner should function fine!
I just finished 1st Cycle of IC and unlocked 30F's last section. So, actually
Spoiler:
Enhanced form of True Dragon King (Lv. 12800) suffers from HP overflow. In 1st and last phase it has less HP than in Lv.2400 Form, and in 2nd phase it has negative HP.

I think that items can be received in
Spoiler:
Infinite Corridor. I actually got Will of Gensokyo way before fighting it and I think it was in Infinite Corridor where I found it.

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2018, 02:40:51 PM »
A Keine box in the intro, a box in Rumia's recruitment event (before the manga meat's given over) some acheivement and skill text (obviously, since those were changed last patch) and a single word or two in Chen's recruitment.

Everything else so far's been looking fine. I'll try to call you out and list more as I go.

Yeah, I noticed these myself, it was kinda confusing to me too, especially the skill descriptions kinda hamper it cuz it's been a while since I last played.

I'll go and try get my progress back soon-ish, almost tempted to race Milky to the top, lmao.

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2018, 02:50:47 PM »
Edit:I used tomes to compare Reisen to Miko, after considering that even the likes of Miko is best off with a quartz charm now... and if I really do come up to lv3000+... well. The problem is most of her current stat pool comes from equipment (taking off ONE piece of gear HALVES her max hp! and it's not a first aid kit!), and the amount of stats off equipment will scale down significantly over time with levels and library. Unlike Nitori, who has a massive stat headstart and others catch up, Miko is mostly on-par with others, just better affinities, and then will fall behind later instead of falling back to normal levels. A Reisen tweaked as heavily as her is already about as good with better status support at only lv~1700, and I can peek at later scaling by removing all gear but their tokugawa statues, at which point Reisen blows her utterly out of the water- even accounting for moderate equipment boosts and her passive benefits there's no way Miko will keep up. Miko does still boast higher affinity potential and a dual-element debuff and support heal (which currently fullheals any non-tank- not bad) but I guess I just don't want to reach lv3000 and THEN swap characters so then Reisen's ends up with a 10% exp deficiency mega late in the game. Miko is excellent if you're just planning on getting to corridor 640, beating True Final Boss, and stopping, though.

I can confirm this - I've reached over "Reimu lvl 4000" and Miko is truly start to lag behind. I still haven't replaced her because I still dunno who to use in her place (partly because I'm still undecided on how many members I want to swap in the first place), but it's just a matter of time. Indeed, even Nitori will eventually fall behind, I think - Tokiko already surpassed her in ATK score (not even counting % boosts from skills), and other chars like Chen and Suwako are steadily coming close. Ofc, Nitori's advantage is still so massive that she still works quite damn well - but even then, I'm starting to suspect that the point when Yuugi's Knockout in Three Steps (as well as similar other nukes) will start outdpsing Nitori's megawatt gun is no longer that far.

The main problem in replacing is that I still can't fully tell what the ultimate goal of postgame is, here. Back in LoT1 it was obviously WINNER farming, and that's it. Here, ofc there's WINNER, but there's Corridor too, and there might be other stuff I still haven't discovered. Until I find out, I can't tell if I need, say, a debuffer rather than a last-ditch nuke, or varied elemental attacks rather than sheer power. There are several possibilities for replacing my "flex slots" (which, basically, are Miko, Tokiko, and perhaps Nitori):

- Remilia, Flandre, and perhaps Meiling
- Alice and Marisa
- Youmu and Yuyuko
- Orin, Utsuho and maybe Koishi
etc

but which one I end up choosing largely depends on what my "final opponent" looks like - what statuses he's vulnerable to, what abilities he has, etc.

EDIT: The news about overflowing HP values kinda worry me, though. I mean, if the game can't even handle stuff like lvl 4000 WINNER, I'm not sure what's the point in keeping going.

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2018, 03:03:16 PM »
Spoiler:
Upon further testing, it seems that the pillar of light also enhances the difficulty of the 29F bosses, with Demi-fiend/King of Reason being pushed up to LV5600 Might as well post the text: https://imgur.com/iSA1gIU and https://imgur.com/8fXP13j
Spoiler:
First one says that it activates a strengthened boss mode, the 29f bosses, Yamata no Orochi Hollow, Living God Murakumo, and Full Power Ryujin-sama are strengthened. Second one says something about the Corridor but I can't understand the full thing, would need to translate it.

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »
Extremely IMMENSE spoiler. Look at your own risk!! :D
Spoiler:
Infinite Corridor, what you will see if you play it for loooooong time:
Floor 640,000 random encounter: https://i.imgur.com/AzLjrZs.png
Floor 640,000,000 random encounter (Level overflown several times XD): https://i.imgur.com/qWzbjnD.png
Floor 640,000,000 Boss (Level overflown several times): https://i.imgur.com/xarmRRk.png
Rewards from aforementioned boss (they are relatively small, because of level overflow): https://i.imgur.com/f17E3et.png
Max positive Floor of IC: 2,138,587,137. After that it overflows into negative and things will totally stop making any sense.
EDIT: The news about overflowing HP values kinda worry me, though. I mean, if the game can't even handle stuff like lvl 4000 WINNER, I'm not sure what's the point in keeping going.
I think it will be fixed in small patch as it was fixed with character stats (in "vanilla" LoT2 it wasn't possible to have over 2 bil HP and other stats on characters too, but now it is possible).

Edit about lever:
Spoiler:
It seems that 30F's lever indeed applies to some other bosses too, not only to those on 29F/30F. I was just about to do a test fight with my lowbie Lv. 2000-ish characters against Hollow Yamato no Orochi, boss on B10F, and he is suddenly Lv. 9660.... So test didn't go well :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:20:32 PM by Rinnie »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2018, 04:29:23 PM »
Extremely IMMENSE spoiler. Look at your own risk!! :D
Honestly, "enemies have a very high level if you go to floor 176k in the corridor!" isn't a spoiler at all XD

But yeah, 3peso himself tweeted that there's a bug before releasing the final patch. But he wanted to Get That Patch Out There, and also go play Etrian Odyssey X  :getdown: I imagine the overflows will be patch-fixed.

The main problem in replacing is that I still can't fully tell what the ultimate goal of postgame is, here. Back in LoT1 it was obviously WINNER farming, and that's it. Here, ofc there's WINNER, but there's Corridor too, and there might be other stuff I still haven't discovered. Until I find out, I can't tell if I need, say, a debuffer rather than a last-ditch nuke, or varied elemental attacks rather than sheer power. There are several possibilities for replacing my "flex slots"
Well, in order to continue leveling up, you'll have to continue plumbing the depths of the corridor. So, honestly, you'll have to be able to handle the entire set of 64 bosses! While you do have additional foes due to the
Spoiler:
boss powerup orb on 30f
, those probably don't infinitely scale, so your final opponents are ultimately the pair of Winner and the corridor loop. Although, if you plan to stop at the superpowered TLB (lv12800 is pretty high, after all) you could consider it to be him.

Meiling is a monster even alone, but I dunno if I'd pick Flan. Her max-tier library cost will not scale well in 10k level terms, especially paired with her level rate, and her base attack isn't quite as monstrous after all the boosts; nor she she actually carry many damage multipliers. Same goes for Yuyuko. My Eirin's stats are already ABSOLUTE TRASH (but overheal!!) and Byakuren's were bleh before I replaced her, and that's only around lv1600. Meanwhile Marisa's megaspark with Murakumo is no slouch, and Utsuho has some monstrous multipliers along with having giga flare for the def/mnd monolith corridor fights, Orin has mega extra attack, etc. If you want to keep Miko's debuff utility when replacing her, there's Reisen.

Well, actually, once you generate so much atb in one turn that 0% delay and -20% atb bar reduction means nothing, Lavaeteinn is spammable. There might be something there with Flandre after all.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2018, 04:58:12 PM »
Spoiler:
Metal Slime down : https://youtu.be/m8cB6ItubfE . The item it drops gives 640% DEF/MND, 100 to all affinities and 48 to all resistances (honestly I think the Regalia is better).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »
Spoiler:
Metal Slime down : https://youtu.be/m8cB6ItubfE . The item it drops gives 640% DEF/MND, 100 to all affinities and 48 to all resistances (honestly I think the Regalia is better).
Spoiler:
48 to all resistances can be pretty solid, it's like putting on a ribbon. The DEF/MND is trivial, of course.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2018, 05:22:58 PM »
I've finally dove back into the Infinite Corridor for the first time in awhile with Team 9. Now I have Quartz Charms for everyone, just need to grab everyone a Regalia and they're pretty much set in regards of equipment. Otherwise it's getting levels and getting HP Mega Boost on everyone, because man HP Mega Boost is a pretty big deal for survivability.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »
Meiling is a monster even alone, but I dunno if I'd pick Flan. Her max-tier library cost will not scale well in 10k level terms, especially paired with her level rate, and her base attack isn't quite as monstrous after all the boosts; nor she she actually carry many damage multipliers. Same goes for Yuyuko. My Eirin's stats are already ABSOLUTE TRASH (but overheal!!) and Byakuren's were bleh before I replaced her, and that's only around lv1600. Meanwhile Marisa's megaspark with Murakumo is no slouch, and Utsuho has some monstrous multipliers along with having giga flare for the def/mnd monolith corridor fights, Orin has mega extra attack, etc. If you want to keep Miko's debuff utility when replacing her, there's Reisen.

Well, actually, once you generate so much atb in one turn that 0% delay and -20% atb bar reduction means nothing, Lavaeteinn is spammable. There might be something there with Flandre after all.

I... didn't consider just how busted Lavateinn can get at super-high speeds lol - yeah, I'd guess Flandre definitely has potential, though probably with the Transcendent class rather than something like WINNER (Murakumo is a possibility, but even with maxxed skills/jewels, Lavateinn is gonna deplete your MP very quickly).

About Marisa, I wanted to ask - does the Murakumo boost work in the "good way"? As in, only subtracting the base MP cost of Master Spark from other frontliners but applying the multiplier to the entire damage? Because if that's the case, then yeah Marisa is pretty much the "ultimate" Murakumo abuser and could be able to deal absolutely mind-numbing amounts of damage.

About Utsuho... I just noticed just how many multipliers she has, and... whoa. I really feel like trying her again now. Blazing (+30% FIR), Overheating (up to +75%), Fighting Spirit (up to +30% damage), High Blazing (up to +30% FIR), Sheer Force, and Earth Palace Party. That's insane. I mean, even if you don't use other Palace Party members (Rin might merit testing, but I don't like rly see Koishi and Satori as worth the hassle to be honest. Maybe Satori with Dragon God subclass, since she's gonna hit a weakness very often this way, but Koishi seems like a big nono), that should be enough to make Utsuho viable even on her own.

« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2018, 05:46:37 PM »
Spoiler:
48 to all resistances can be pretty solid, it's like putting on a ribbon. The DEF/MND is trivial, of course.

Spoiler:
I agree with the status resistances being good, that + the affinity bonus is nice and makes a good pair with a Regalia while allowing the use of Tokugawa Statue or First-Aid Kit.

On the topic of the boss itself, the EVA doesn't look as high as I worried it would be, but I'll still try Sword of Hisou strats. Also wow, 8,646 ATB per tick, that is fast.

Maybe Satori with Dragon God subclass, since she's gonna hit a weakness very often this way, but Koishi seems like a big nono), that should be enough to make Utsuho viable even on her own.

Satori's Small MP Recovery lets her spam Dragon God's Breath a nearly unlimited number of times, so she'd be a pretty good choice for that offensively.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2018, 05:58:03 PM »
I... didn't consider just how busted Lavateinn can get at super-high speeds lol - yeah, I'd guess Flandre definitely has potential, though probably with the Transcendent class rather than something like WINNER (Murakumo is a possibility, but even with maxxed skills/jewels, Lavateinn is gonna deplete your MP very quickly).
Yeah, spamming Lavaeteinn is no joke. And with that, she doesn't even need a special class, nor does she self-kill like Starbow. As for Marisa, yes, it interacts in "the good way". It's very good. I don't think it applies all the drained mp as mp bonus, but that still applies a massive multiplier, PLUS it allows her to take her turn with 100% mag buff instead of 80~87% (also good) and if you want to leave her out for some Magic Missile, she regens her mp insanely fast. Viable with Akyuu helpin' her out.

And yes, Utsuho's got some MAD multipliers, plus durability off Fighting Spirit. Dragon God Satori is legit. Keep in mind she'll boost everyone's weakness damage! With Dragon God's Sigh and recollections you'll nearly always have weakness, her mp passive lets her afford infinite breaths easily, and Earth Spirit's bonus is pretty strong. And with both of them, Orin is worth considering ontop.

« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2018, 06:29:15 PM »
Spoiler:
I agree with the status resistances being good, that + the affinity bonus is nice and makes a good pair with a Regalia while allowing the use of Tokugawa Statue or First-Aid Kit.

Spoiler:
I personally haven't really had any problems with status effects in this patch, Aya Dragon God+Akyuu easily remove them before they become an issue, and Healer Momiji can quickly cure them if I really need to, the only relevant status is DTH, which a bunch of other good endgame equipment already gives.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »
Hmm, now I'm thinking about swapping someone (Reisen even??) for Flan or Utsuho or even Satori... Renko's Galaxy Stop is already becoming pretty usable too, and in parties other than mine, Satori could be copying Flan's Lavaeteinn for massive damage. Oooooh, or Sato-spark with small mp recovery for quickcharge  :getdown: Meanwhile, my Mokou is already at 80 tp; that's a positively enormous ATK gain to stack with Fighting Spirit and Blazing. She makes a potent Winner and has sheer force for Wand of Dest.

Satori was soooo hard to use due to fragility, but endgame is so very nice to her. Suddenly, her high hp and low def/mnd is a perfectly fine stat split.

« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »
On a random note, the bosses this patch seem to have gained a bunch of
Spoiler:
TP draining moves, which is probably to balance out characters like Mokou who can abuse the immense amounts of TP you can get this late to keep reviving/activating Guts.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2018, 10:05:56 PM »
I've beaten King, solved the remainder of B11F, and smacked WINNER a second time. Now the problem is gaining numbers for 30F stuff. I might just call it there and take a break from that to do "old Team 9 file except they get Tome'd so I can make an actual team of 12".
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2018, 10:12:43 PM »
Ok. I went with my normal party to conquer 30F (btw, for normal gameplay I use party of 4 for various reasons, only using others as TP buffer).

No problems killing few Heavenly bosses but then I started fight with Heavenly Kanako. Shortly after start of fight she surprised me with party attack which 1-shotted Marisa (my main damage dealer), then she buffed herself +80% to all stats so I could barely make any damage to her. Fight lasted for long time, maybe like 30 minutes, but I was slowly approaching the victory, Kanako had like 15% HP left but then she casted Desperation and 1-shotted everyone. Looks like I took it too long....

I tried fighting
Spoiler:
Red and Green duo bosses on 29F, who are like total pushovers in their normal form now, I tried their enhanced version, which made them Lv.3088
. So they one-shotted Keine before fight even started. Only Marisa could damage them by full Megaspark, others did 0 damage... My tank was 2-shotted by 8mil+ hits. Well, this was quickly over.

I am so excited to finish this game with proper party. Probably start fully from scratch, from very first floor and make a proper playthrough. Seriously, this game is the best JRPG I ever played.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:08:20 PM by Rinnie »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2018, 04:04:52 AM »
Ooomph! Chained 83 floors of Infinite Corridor (up to nearly 400f), got 4 more tokugawa statues and 2 quartz charms and maxed my infinity gems in the last few floors. (bought 2 statues, the others were chests) Getting close to having a statue/charm/regalia for everyone. Also close to maxing gems on everyone, certainly not jewels but I got the important stuff more or less, as far as boosts and jewels go. Everything's finally coming together. Just gotta grind some more b11f, grind some more corridor, and blast out the second section of
Spoiler:
heavenly touhou boss rush
. Also; even at lv1800, the 350f boss was... still very capable of putting up a fight :V I... did not have sufficient resistances for it's status attack. Ouch. When all four characters are heavy and 3~4 are silenced, errr... still, I was heavily overleveled, so I managed to scrape out a first try win.

Hmmm... trying to use Mokou's "Imperishable Shooting" for corridor bosses is kind of hard. XD I guess it's not a big deal though, as long as I make sure to have it done for the special x50F bosses. Go into a battle, use Wand of Destruction a couple times, and use Rest command to dump her TP. -If- I swapped her out I'd probably either bring Futo back or snag Youmu, so that I could maintain a "reliably resists death" attacker...

Pretty satisfied with my party overall.
Support Core-Tank:Eirin/Akyuu/Sanae/Renko
Offensive Hybrids:Rumia/Iku/Maribel/Reisen
Damage Dealers:Nitori/Mokou/Meiling/Marisa

I guess calling maribel/reisen offensive hybrids is a little silly since they're pretty much in full magic builds, but w/e. Sanae is dragon god (although I might make Akyuu an offensive hybrid dragon god later?), Marisa is murakumo for megaspark (and heavenly demise works in randoms when I feel like it), and Mokou is winner for... slightly better elemental variety? No one -really- wanted Winner. Also Reisen is the strategist because lol I didn't have one anymore.

I forged a bunch of machine god lucifers as minor upgrades for some remaining equip slots, just because there was seriously nothing else I would ever want to make with those materials at this point  :getdown:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:36:43 AM by Serela »

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2018, 04:42:37 AM »
I'm stuck trying to beat Corridor 350f boss at a fair level (doing it at 1293 Iku, average 1288), been several hours now (not playing consecutively). I'm trying ***WINNER*** Reisen Wand of *Destruction* DTH strats for the
Spoiler:
Wyrms
since they're annoying to defeat normally. It works, but...inconsistently. I think I have to give up on relying entirely on it.
Spoiler:
Holy Fire
is ridiculous too. It seems it's used after the boss withstands a certain number of attacks, but I'm not sure if that's really the case. I counted 4 at one point and 3 at another, although maybe I missed a Magic Counter from Iku. I'm using Elementalist + Akyuu + Satori copying Akyuu's invincibility spell to deal with it, works out but gotta be prepared for when it's used, and it only works once, if the boss uses that attack again in the fight only Akyuu can survive with some luck. I could do this with character losses no problem, but my goal is to defeat it without losing a single character, like I've done for pretty much everything else.

Damage output at least is fine though, Tenshi can shave off about 15% per Assassination Sword with full buffs. The boss' status move at least is a nonissue because Iku cures PAR (and buffs everyone with it), Dragon God Akyuu sometimes cures everything (other times just one status), and Mystia can be switched in to cure SIL and HVY if Akyuu doesn't handle it, leaving TRR to be cured by Akyuu when she gets her next turn. Really, the only thing this boss has going for it is
Spoiler:
Holy Fire

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2018, 04:57:31 AM »
Oh jeez, trying to survive that onslaught with no losses sounds crazy. I'd love to see the video if you can pull it off (or decide to accept a couple character losses) though. As I said, I beat the boss massively overleveled  :V My Renko was actually capable of just tanking that stuff, plus some characters that had big Eirin overheals on them, but then of course it happened when Renko was lower hp and next thing I know I had one low-hp character left alive... scary times.

« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2018, 07:52:10 AM »
aaaaa I almost had it by switching to ***WINNER*** Satori, but I swapped Akyuu out for Aya (lineup of Iku/Aya/Satori/Tenshi) to speed up the last two hits needed, and then it used the status inflicting move to get SIL and HVY on everyone. Stuck spamming normal attacks from Iku and Tenshi, Aya got KO'd, then
Spoiler:
350f boss prepared Holy Fire
and used it to KO Satori, but Iku defeated it with her Magic Counter. While I managed to win,  I didn't meet my goal of no KOs just yet. But I'm pretty happy to finally have a working strategy here.

« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2018, 08:39:14 AM »
How's Komachi in Plus Disk, by the way? Or what tanks are generally good in Plus Disk? Because I remember my two favorite tanks to use in the base game were Komachi and later on a stupid geared up Maintenance Renko.

« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2018, 08:58:54 AM »
As far as I've seen, the 350f boss uses
Spoiler:
Holy Fire 
  the moment it gets attacked and receives damage (either the immediate next action or the one after that), attacks that deal 0 damage won't trigger it. I believe he also can't use it the first 2 turns or so. I'm pretty sure he can't use it again (though the boss does Concentrate when he's really low on HP, so maybe that's what follows).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:06:51 AM by Libra »

« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2018, 09:25:39 AM »
How's Komachi in Plus Disk, by the way? Or what tanks are generally good in Plus Disk? Because I remember my two favorite tanks to use in the base game were Komachi and later on a stupid geared up Maintenance Renko.

Renko is still incredibly good - while the power of Maintenance slowly wears off as far as base stats go, it remains invaluable in terms of topping affinities and resistances, which is ideal for a tank like Kenko. Furthermore, the way speed works at incredibly high levels makes spamming Charge and Galaxy Stop much easier than ever before. I think it's not an exaggeration to say that, if you are using Maribel too, Renko is the best tank in the game.

Komachi, alas, doesn't quite measure up. Generally, you want your tank to either be unnaturally bulky or to carry some extra utility. And while Komachi is by no means frail (indeed, her low DEF/MND matter a lot less in the endgame), she just doesn't measure up to the likes of Mokou (who can Resurrect an inordinate amount of times), Byakuren (who can have MUCH better affinities or resistances, as well as buffing potential), the aforementioned Renko, or Meiling (who can resurrect, take a lot less damage, AND heal herself).

That being said, Komachi's decent ATK and good spellcards might allow her to work as a bulky attacker... though she does suffer from a lack of powerful multipliers.

« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2018, 11:47:43 AM »
So I think it is still too early to ask if anyone managed to survive at least one turn to
Spoiler:
Enhanced True Dragon King Lv.12800?
without cheating?
Spoiler:
SPD, DEF and MND of Enhanced TDk and Yamato no Orochi on B10F are just gigantic. Even with 1 mil SPD, B10F's Yamato gets first turn. And if you survive (thankfully, Yamato no Orochi doesn't start with party attack, so no Full Wipe before fight even started), you deal 1 (one) damage at best. And that's before you realize that their real non-overflow health is around hundred of billions.

Also funny thing,
Spoiler:
Metal Slime Boss on 550F has only 50 mil HP. On 2nd Cycle (he is met again on 1190F) even his HP overflows XD  (to be more precise, he is Lv. 4335, -354.410,442 HP)

And it seems that you need to go through 4 cycles of Infinite Corridor to max out Jewels of Greater Awakening for at least front party (50 jewels per character). But that is actually a huge boost: +50% damage and 25% less damage taken.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:51:15 AM by Rinnie »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2018, 01:47:17 PM »
Komachi unfortunately only has Avici, 10% regen, and lots of HP as far as tanking goes. In Plus Disk, her HP is a lot less special as everyone can get 10 more base HP (plus a first aid kit, potentially) and you have tons of other tanks with far more useful passives and spellcards for the job. For example, Mokou has almost as much HP, 20% regen instead of 10, Fighting Spirit to reduce damage taken, resurrection(!), and Sheer Force to make debuff/status moves far more accurate. Past sheer survivability, you probably want someone with big buffs like Renko/Byakuren/Sanae/Akyuu to be doing the job most of the time, because you've got the max mp to spam the hell out of everything.

Renko scales amazingly into Plus for the reasons he mentioned (galaxy stop ain't bad at all when it doesn't prevent your turns anymore!), plus the fact that she can achieve massive MP values to actually afford casting charge/galaxy stop many times (mine has 79!). Doubled First Aid Kit grants insane HP, which I eventually swapped for a Tokugawa to make her mp even more infinite and help ensure Galaxy Stop activates Assault Point. And I always stand by Enchanter Renko for both a low-cost atk buff in randoms for Liberated Abilities, and a much safer to use (and stronger) Charge. Because of how the numbers parse (-33% current hp, +16% max hp), a character at 50% hp actually achieves net even gain/loss off Enhancer Renko's Charge, so it's even better of a setup than it originally looks on paper- those allies at ~75% hp will only take like 8% damage.

Once you eventually get so much atb even Charge casts in two (or even one) ticks, Renko pretty much blows the other tanks away. I still appreciate Sanae having a (status) heal and damage boost passives, though, and Akyuu's in a league all her own.

And it seems that you need to go through 4 cycles of Infinite Corridor to max out Jewels of Greater Awakening for at least front party (50 jewels per character). But that is actually a huge boost: +50% damage and 25% less damage taken.
Wait, only four cycles? Do the bosses start dropping more jewels after it begins looping...? You only get 56 jewels per cycle otherwise, which is maxing like... 1 character per go. Of course, after your first loop you probably have nothing else to spend Infinity Gems on, but.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:52:50 PM by Serela »

« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2018, 02:22:42 PM »
Wait, only four cycles? Do the bosses start dropping more jewels after it begins looping...? You only get 56 jewels per cycle otherwise, which is maxing like... 1 character per go. Of course, after your first loop you probably have nothing else to spend Infinity Gems on, but.
By front party I meant front row (4 characters). I think that's absolute bare minimum you might need. And, according to my calculations, by the time you will go through 4 cycles (approx. +2240 Levels per cycle), your characters will be right of high enough Level to fight
Spoiler:
Enhanced True Dragon God, though even then it is not certain that you will be ready, more like at minimum possible level to stand any chance. If you didn't see it yet, his Infernal Breath hits for 300 mil+ damage to everyone in front row, that's the damage against current endgame characters. And he always goes first, his SPD also seems to be extremely high.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:12:59 PM by Rinnie »

« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
Meanwhile I just finished floor 10 and so far the translation's still stable, no untranslated dialogue since Chen on floor 3. No interesting notes about the playthrough itself, Yuugi's punching things hard, Aya's being the best character in the game, Reimu's being helpful, and Momiji's soaking damage in slot 1. Basic stuff, but what I will say that I'm trying to unironically use Nazrin and... she's not as terrible as I'd always assumed. She can actually do work on things weak to one of her elements and without great mind. She's still someone I'm probably best off throwing out for someone more helpful but she's not as straight up useless in battle as Rinnosuke is early.

« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2018, 03:09:53 PM »
Speaking about translation.

In main game I saw 2 untranslated parts, first one is when you start new game and being asked if you want to start New Game+. Message is in Japanese.

During intro there is a following untranslated section (I rechecked it in 1.0.5 with new files): https://i.imgur.com/IdQsoQC.jpg

(Non-Plus) Achievement #6, 20, 25 from Main game have untranslated lines.
Plus Achievements #4, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 19, 37, 42, 50, 52 have untranslated lines.
I can't say about Items, as I miss some of them.

I hope this will help.