Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258309 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2018, 01:50:50 AM »

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2018, 03:18:15 AM »
Breezing through the Corridor overleveled. Boss spoilers~

Spoiler:
350f boss is Unicorn of Order: https://i.imgur.com/SrTZFfW.png

All of the bosses up to it were Touhou. Probably, 450f, 550f, and 640f are non-Touhou bosses as well.

oh wow I lost even with that level advantage, this guy is hard.

OK I beat it. Early on in the fight the boss uses a weak MT attack that applies extremely powerful PAR/TRR/HVY/SIL effects. A few turns later it uses a move where it turns invincible and summons two Wyrms (renamed versions of 30f Dragon enemy). The Wyrms exclusively use Instant Death Attack while the boss starts replenishing a lot of its HP each turn. This lasts until the Wyrms are defeated, after which it lifts the invincibility and uses Scythe of Calamity. The next turn after that, it uses a move with a name I didn't catch that is a powerful SPI MT attack that reduces max HP and is used 4 times in a row if I counted right. This is the big deadly move. The boss can also absorb one character's buffs and fully deplete their MP, use Decomposition Breath, and some kind of MYS breath attack. It can also turn invincible a second time, but I think there's a different followup after it's lifted. Weakness is DRK (appears to be 80 affinity), neutral to MYS and PHY, resists everything else. The reward item for beating it is the Jewel of Judgement, which grants MP+8, HP+999%, MAG+1440%, and TRR/SIL/DTH/DBF+50.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:04:15 AM by LonelyGaruga »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2018, 04:08:55 AM »
My main worry is that both Patchouli and Sakuya lack the sheer amount of multipliers, coupled with favourable attack multipliers, to make the difference.
Patchouli is definitely disappointing; I wouldn't even -consider- using her unless I already had about the whole SDM in my party. It's bad if even with her whole family fielded she still looks... not that good.

Sakuya isn't that bad in that regard, though. She gets a boost from her SPD buff (+20~28% atk can be expected), Extra Attack is still potent even if more expensive to use, and her awakening also provides a gimmick damage boost ontop of Proof of Kinship being good. That's four sources of ATK up to multiply on eachother! She also has a very cheap library cost, which is excellent in endgame. She looks very usable, honestly, it's just that Extra Attack is a little soured and the interaction with Private Square is... bad. She's not a top choice character, but she's plenty considerable if you're using many sdm members.
eng exe for 1.105
You're the besttttt! Thanks so much!

Indeed! Time to break the game apart and see which chars come out on top of the stat degeneration, this time around :-)
Favorable library cost should factor in a lot, because all your stat increase that far in the game is coming from rising library and levels; there's no longer rising equipment quality to even things out, and slow-level-high-base-stat characters lose their stat advantage after all the boosts/gems/jewels. Level speed also matters, when they aren't just paired up as double highs or double lows. Of course, since some slow/expensive characters have incredibly good passives, the rule isn't even slightly global, so it's hard to tell... but I definitely foresee my Miko falling way behind if I go up to 3000s+. The status/affinity/base boosts from maintenance will never go out of style, at least; Nitori and Renko have little to worry about.

edit:OK I have a problem. When I go past the red rock in b11f (the first one, that we were stuck at before this patch) I take the warp and it takes me to a warp tile with no revealed walking squares. I can't move. I tried it in the eng and non-eng 1.105 exes with no difference. Uh?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:51:21 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2018, 05:54:26 AM »
Defeated the boss of the IC 350f: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwGGHnZeDw&feature=youtu.be this one was actually pretty hard. (Yuuka finally got kicked out of my party, Akyuu is proving to be a much more useful replacement).

Spoiler:
On a different note, after activating the switches in the areas with Heavenly Bosses, you can access one of the other rocks in the middle of 30f and fight against Ame no Murakumo for a third time, they are around level 1900.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2018, 06:02:26 AM »
Patedit:OK I have a problem. When I go past the red rock in b11f (the first one, that we were stuck at before this patch) I take the warp and it takes me to a warp tile with no revealed walking squares. I can't move. I tried it in the eng and non-eng 1.105 exes with no difference. Uh?
OK, I re-installed the 1.105 patch and my tiles are no longer broken. I dunno what happened, because all the files were saying they were modified with the new 8/1/2018 times? Anyway, it's good now~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2018, 07:38:41 AM »
Reporting in with more Corridor progress. Spoilers.

Spoiler:
450f boss is Great Power of the Ring: https://i.imgur.com/bMha3lv.png

Spoiler:
uhhh, I think I'm gonna go beat up the Heaven bosses now. I'm not even going to talk about this one.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:45:03 AM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »
I have a very dumb question, but which character has ability which shows enemy's HP in upper left corner of screen?

Edit: Seems it is Akyuu, who has it, but I can't make this her ability to work, not sure what I am doing wrong.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qeCHUohX3mV-eSSCCUVeeIW3HpAREoyK

eng exe for 1.105
Thank you a lot. Waiting for translation of new content :D If you need a hand somewhere with translation, I'd be glad to help as I could (though I badly know Japanese).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:02:19 AM by Rinnie »

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2018, 12:23:32 PM »
Hit X on the keyboard when you're in battle and it'll close the action menu and allow you to move the selection cursor over an enemy to see their HP.

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2018, 01:45:19 PM »
So it seems that true mega final  boss is
Spoiler:
True Dragon King Lv.2400 in 4 forms
. I am going to check if
Spoiler:
WINNER respawned
but so far it seems I need to finish Infinite Corridor to get access to the remaining part of 30th floor. I am only on 42nd floor of Infinite Corridor, so it is going to take quite a time :)
Hit X on the keyboard when you're in battle and it'll close the action menu and allow you to move the selection cursor over an enemy to see their HP.
Oh, thanks :D I kind of forgot about that function.

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2018, 01:58:41 PM »
So, HUGE spoiler:
Spoiler:
WINNER now has special relay point right in front of him. Each time you defeat him, he comes back 200 levels higher than before.
At certain point there is a funny bug noticed, evaluation of HP by Akyuu's ability shows his HP at negative because of overflow when he is high enough level:  https://i.imgur.com/yw26A5N.png
However, Bestiary shows his real HP (without overflow) the last time you fought him: https://i.imgur.com/7XBTmLr.png

Edit: Actually HP in Bestiary also overflows when WINNER starts getting over 4 billions of HP.
WINNER stats seem to increase non-linearly with level-ups. So at 2400 Lv he is several times more stronger than at 1200 Lb. But in his lower 10,000s he is still 1-shot wonder for my testing character. So I am not sure if his HP overflows for real too or not.

Also, Lv. 17,000 WINNER rewards with 1,951,151,600 EXP, I am going to see if this number is going to overflow too XD
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:33:25 PM by Rinnie »

« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2018, 05:11:08 PM »
Please, forgive me for flood from my side, but I couldn't help myself.
I look forward to watching a lv25600 winner video  :getdown:
Though I can provide you screenshots, not the actual videos, but nevertheless, here it is:D
***WINNER*** - Lv.25600: https://i.imgur.com/wzb94lW.png
One and only turn: https://i.imgur.com/zdtl4Mn.png
Rewards: https://i.imgur.com/yvYFoqN.png
And, of course, he keeps growing in levels way beyond 25600. I am going to see how far he will grow and at what level he will start crushing my testing character.
Spoiler:
Seems that EXP rewards don't overflow past 4 billions.

« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2018, 06:14:03 PM »
Sry, I promise this is my final post in this flood, but I found a bug:
Spoiler:
It seems that Winner's stats actually overflow. His HP actually overflow at either Lv. 2600 or 4000 (depends if int32 was used as signed or non-signed) and he becomes 1-hit wonder. His attack/magic eventually overflows too (probably other stats like MND, DEF eventually too), so he will start healing you instead of attacking. Just tested it by my low level chars. I one-hitted high level Winner after he healed me for over 2 billions (instead of damaging). Seeing that true final boss has around 6 billions HP taken together and he is more powerful than Winner in his pre-overflow state, I think it wasn't intended to be like that.
So off to do Infinite Corridor while this is being sorted :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:28:40 PM by Rinnie »

« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2018, 09:47:08 PM »
It was to be expected, but if a boss has a counterattack and triggers your own character's counterattack, they can continually exchange counters.
Spoiler:
Had Iku get zapped by Heaven Iku and they exchanged Magic Counters until Iku was KO'd, rip.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2018, 10:02:22 PM »
It was to be expected, but if a boss has a counterattack and triggers your own character's counterattack, they can continually exchange counters.
Spoiler:
Had Iku get zapped by Heaven Iku and they exchanged Magic Counters until Iku was KO'd, rip.
If you can mitigate the damage heavily enough, it might not be a bad way to fight some of those bosses :V Iku's counter hits like a TRUCK. (But, that's probably not realistic until you're pretty overleveled)

« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2018, 10:38:02 PM »
Spoiler:

Ah yes, the game where gigantic numbers and Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counterattacks exist. Now tell me, am I talking about Labyrinth of Touhou 2 or Disgaea?
Spoiler:
I've been playing way too much Disgaea 5 lately.

Anyway, I've been playing a bit and I'm stuck on 29F, since I can't beat any of the bosses there. Even after
Spoiler:
the MASSIVE EXP gains I got from that event on B11F
, I still can't beat them. Though I got awfully close to beating the
Spoiler:
Red Hero and Green Brute.
Awfully close. So close it physically hurt me when I got the Full Wipe.

I think I just need to level grind some more but hoo boy that gets old real quick. Any advice on which enemies to go after for that sweet, sweet EXP?

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2018, 11:01:07 PM »
If you can mitigate the damage heavily enough, it might not be a bad way to fight some of those bosses :V Iku's counter hits like a TRUCK. (But, that's probably not realistic until you're pretty overleveled)

It's pretty unrealistic, player:boss HP and damage ratio heavily favors the bosses so a straight up exchange will result in virtually guaranteed death unless you're insanely higher leveled, even for the Touhou bosses with their low HP and high damage model.

More on 30f (spoilers)

Spoiler:
So far I've fought (but not necessarily beaten) 18 Heaven bosses, it seems they do in fact use the same AI pattern as their Abyss counterparts, and are about as strong as well. Highest level thus far is 1380 with Heaven Flandre. The rocks require that the player defeat a certain number of the bosses in a single trip, as opposed to just once. Notable bosses so far...

-Heaven Sakuya has no weakness and good durability. Starts the fight with Luna Clock followed by Soul Sculpture. Uses Private Square at I think 50% and then spams Misdirection. Level 1310.
-Heaven Eiki spams Last Judgement and has surprisingly high SPD, unleashing a relentless barrage of devastating attacks. Also uses a MT SIL attack and Curse attacks, but almost everything she does is Last Judgement. Level 1378.
-Heaven Patchouli gives herself a Passive Philosopher's Stone buff for every element that makes her really damage resistant, then she grants herself a 100% Boost and uses Royal Flare. Her durability was such that I couldn't beat her before she used Royal Flare, had to use Akyuu's invincibility spell to tank it. Didn't see what she used after. Level 1310.
-Heaven Yuuka, as was mentioned earlier, has Protection of Plants for HP regeneration on every action. Coupled with Gensokyo's Reflowering and the earlier mentioned countering weakness hits with Master Spark and she seems like the toughest fight so far. Level 1350.

Based on what's been posted by Rinnie,
Spoiler:
I'm going to use a backup file after going through the Heaven stuff to fight the Unicorn of Order again at a proper level, as I had breezed through the Corridor with the intent of fighting the bosses again at higher levels, but if there is no level cap, I think I'll just settle with the earliest fight instead and stop at 2400 for ***WINNER***. It's a great game but I'm not grinding it for eternity.

I think I just need to level grind some more but hoo boy that gets old real quick. Any advice on which enemies to go after for that sweet, sweet EXP?

The Metallic Kedama is the best source of EXP and money. It has high EVA and nearly impenetrable defenses, but if you can beat it it gives a good 3x as much EXP/money as the other enemies on the floor. A high accuracy defense piercing attack or DTH (it has 0 DTH resistance) is the best way to beat it.

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2018, 11:17:29 PM »
The Metallic Kedama is the best source of EXP and money. It has high EVA and nearly impenetrable defenses, but if you can beat it it gives a good 3x as much EXP/money as the other enemies on the floor. A high accuracy defense piercing attack or DTH (it has 0 DTH resistance) is the best way to beat it.

Metallic Kedama is 30F, right? I should probably add that I can't get there since I can't beat any of the 29F bosses, and there are rocks requiring me to beat one to advance to 30F. Unless I'm missing something like a secret staircase, which is certainly a possibility.

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2018, 11:23:05 PM »
Oh sorry I forgot about that. The Golden Kedama Machos are the best source of EXP on 29f. Might as well just wipe out everything you encounter though.

Though, what is your level anyway? I did
Spoiler:
Red Hero & Green Brute
at average level of 652 and library 700. It is a very tough fight but it's doable.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:25:10 PM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2018, 11:51:45 PM »
So, I finally defeated
Spoiler:
True Dragon God
and obtained
Spoiler:
Dragon God Power Source
. From the patch notes I read before, it seems like there should be a way to obtain more copies of this item, but I can't possibly imagine how since I got it from achievement, and those can't be repeated. Anybody knows?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2018, 11:54:08 PM »
Yeah, you should be able to handle that boss without much grinding. Just beat up anything on 29f for a bit. Once you hit 30f, it's metal kedamas or bust; you just need to go to one of the spots on the floor where they spawn much more often. Which I'm too busy to look back for at the moment, zzzz. The other fights are kind of tough, but honestly, you could just run from them if you can't handle it. Or just stick to your highest powered front line until you can.

Aya is pretty much required for farming Kedamas until your level gets high, by the way.

From the patch notes I read before, it seems like there should be a way to obtain more copies of this item, but I can't possibly imagine how since I got it from achievement, and those can't be repeated. Anybody knows?
Have you completed all the game content? I recall reading somewhere that you gotta finish all the content first, e.g. 640f corridor. Curious how good the item's stats are, by the way! Shaaare

« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2018, 11:58:28 PM »
Oh sorry I forgot about that. The Golden Kedama Machos are the best source of EXP on 29f. Might as well just wipe out everything you encounter though.

Though, what is your level anyway? I did
Spoiler:
Red Hero & Green Brute
at average level of 652 and library 700. It is a very tough fight but it's doable.

I figured those buffed up Kedamas were the best source I was gonna get (I've been grinding on them for a while), but I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Average level is currently 707, and I think my library levels are somewhere around there? Maybe a bit higher? Though some of my more dedicated characters are probably closer to 1000 Library. I've been grinding a LOT.

I can actually take out the
Spoiler:
Red Hero
just fine. That's relatively easy, and I can sometimes do it without losing a character. It's after that point that everything falls apart.

My plan for
Spoiler:
Green Brute
is to last as long as possible, while dealing enough damage to lower his health quite a bit, and then when Marisa's Hakkero Charge hits ~20 while she's chilling in the back (I usually don't last until 25), pull her out to the front and Master Spark away. Master Spark can, at this point, actually take out around 15-20% of his health, depending on the charge level and if I can get a Concentration in beforehand, but it's just not enough. I got him down to maybe 10% health on my best attempt?

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Explosive Flame Sword or whatever the skill is called seems to have increased to 6 MP cost? I noticed that when I updated, and I gotta say that kinda irritates me but I guess it was just too good?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2018, 12:13:50 AM »
A lot of subclass attacks had their costs increased, yeah.

I think I actually killed both heros on the same turn? I'm pretttty sure they power up when the other dies, so I wouldn't recommend rushing one down immediately.

You can also consider subbing Marisa with Murakumo. She'll eat a hefty 27 mp from everyone in front, but her spark will get enormously powerful. As well, "if I can get a concentrate in" leads me to think it's the first time you have her on the front line; I'd recommend getting her magic buff up early in the fight, before stuffing her in the back row for when it's needed. You can time it when a buffer is about to take their turn, or when Akyuu can make her invincible or something.

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2018, 12:25:33 AM »
So, I finally defeated
Spoiler:
True Dragon God
and obtained
Spoiler:
Dragon God Power Source
. From the patch notes I read before, it seems like there should be a way to obtain more copies of this item, but I can't possibly imagine how since I got it from achievement, and those can't be repeated. Anybody knows?

I don't know for a fact, but have you checked into B11f to see if anything changed there? Also, can the fight be repeated? Have you cleared Corridor 640f? I would suspect these things have something to do with acquiring it again. There's certainly something to do, just gotta try everything.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Explosive Flame Sword or whatever the skill is called seems to have increased to 6 MP cost? I noticed that when I updated, and I gotta say that kinda irritates me but I guess it was just too good?

Yeah 1.104a nerfed a ton of offensive subclass spell cards by increasing their MP costs. A little annoying. Ninja's Assassination Sword now costs 7 MP...ridiculous.

---

Unrelated, progressing through 30f some more,
Spoiler:
Heaven Sanae has a Youkai Buster move that she appears to use at about ~75% HP. Does enhanced damage on Youkai characters. First time an attack took into account a character's race, I think. Yeah this thing seems virtually impossible to survive for Youkai, yeesh.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:50:23 AM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2018, 02:06:38 AM »
https://pastebin.com/jAfpfh27

Here's a dump of all of the items in the game.

It's supposed to also say who drops them but I guess I need to update the script even more to get that data.

« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2018, 02:09:29 AM »
IC 450f boss down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m2Zqznzl5A&feature=youtu.be

It drops
Spoiler:
The One Ring, which gives 999% HP/DEF/MND, 40 EVA and 144 CLD/NTR/WND affinity.

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2018, 07:49:40 AM »
Spoiler:
Corridor Boss of 550F: https://imgur.com/a/kHax0bT Is it referencing something?
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2018, 08:15:40 AM »
Spoiler:
Wow that's really disturbing. Seriously, I'm glad I'm seeing it here first and not in-game at 3 AM. Name is Liquid Metallic Jelly if I'm reading it right. It must be the boss that drops the Liquid Metal Mind that was in the files, which is a Dragon Quest item. Aside from following the general concept of a Metal Slime and having the Slime's smile, it appears to be an original enemy design.

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2018, 08:32:02 AM »
Oh, I see. Thanks.
Spoiler:
The final boss of Infinity Corridor: The Will of Gensokyo https://imgur.com/0dECGvO It summons the abyssal forms of Touhou characters. And after you clear 640F, the Infinity Corridor bosses loops back, so you face Abyss Reimu at 650F, Marisa at 660F etc.  https://imgur.com/a/4r00WCY
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2018, 10:07:18 AM »
Oh, some of you, people, are so fast, already went through 400 floors of IC in 1-2 days  :toot:
Oh, I see. Thanks.
Spoiler:
The final boss of Infinity Corridor: The Will of Gensokyo https://imgur.com/0dECGvO It summons the abyssal forms of Touhou characters. And after you clear 640F, the Infinity Corridor bosses loops back, so you face Abyss Reimu at 650F, Marisa at 660F etc.  https://imgur.com/a/4r00WCY
So did you check what s in closed section of 30th Floor? That one section which is blocked by rock, requiring you to visit the depths of IC?

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2018, 01:30:29 PM »
I went ahead and just completely started a new game so I'm way behind again.

But uh, hey! I just beat Mokou again! You know, the plain one on floor 4. Not the new, hot heavenly one everyone else is eager to see. And I actually broke 2000 damage on her because Kasen's amazing! Ahaha. Yeeeah, guess that's nothing to the overflowing values of billions posted in here.

Ah well. So I'll be a little late to talking about the new content, oh well. I only felt it appropriate to play the game front to back now that it's fully complete, at last.