Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 207606 times)

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2013, 06:31:01 AM »
I might bring back my bard, though I'll have to make a second account since my first one is female. It's gonna be later on down the line though.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »
Just checking: Do you guys party often? I considered a Crusader for a first character, and if you guys party a bunch I could go for a Devotion build and keep your squishies alive a little longer. Without parties levelling one is hell.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »
We're starting to party now that most of us have third class characters. Kiro and Chaore and I did some simple MVP hunting a couple of nights ago.

A couple of quick question since I'm unfamiliar with the third job classes:

Is Royal Guard the primary tanking class? Or is there another job that does it just as well or even better?
Basically how it works out is Rune Knight and Royal Guard are two different flavors of tank class. RK is more focused on DPS than RG but both can do eachother's job with a few exceptions. RG gets much better defensive skills than RK, but RK gets a much larger HP pool than RG. RG has some decent damage skills but RK gets the better overall DPS.

They blurred the lines a bit, RG and RK are mostly interchangeable now. You can spec a DPS Royal Guard and not sacrifice too much from tanking, and visa versa you can spec a tank Rune Knight and still be able to do some damage. As it stands now we already have two RKs so an RG would most definitely be welcome.

Are Champs' and Creators' respective third jobs (Shura and Genetics, IIRC) still walking nukes? If so, do any other jobs do that too?
Pretty much for Sura yeah, except rather than using Asura Strike you're using Gate of Hell now. As for Genetic I'm not entirely sure, I know they improved damage on Acid Demonstration (both STR and INT factor in as bonuses on AD), but I've honestly never played a Creator before and I haven't really looked into the new skills.

Are Blacksmith jobs and their transcendents still expensive to level?
Sort of, eden quests make gear pretty much zero effort saving all your cash for pots and mammonite spam. The eden gear is more or less good enough to get you to third job trans solo. It can't replace dedicated gear for partying but at least you don't have to waste money on low level stuff.

Which job classes are you guys in need of, and which classes do you guys have an abundance of?
Here's the breakdown of what we got so far:
FS priest - Kiro
Vit Rune Knight - me
Agi Rune Knight - Chaore
Sura - Dormio
Melee Shadow Chaser - Dular
Warlock - Rikter
Mechanic - Stuffman

I think we also have a Ranger and I know we have another Warlock and a couple of FS priests levelling but their names escape me right now.

We don't have a Sorcerer (Professor third job), and I have an alt SBK sin I'm building but I have the Vit/DPS Rune Knight as well so we would need a pure tank to replace me. So we definitely have a need for either a Sorcerer or a Royal Guard. We also do not have any Dancer/Bards so those would be much appreciated as well.

Basically we're lacking on the more specialized support classes, and while we have one tank (me) and we have some decent autoattack DPS, we're gonna need an SBK sin or two or more Rangers for some of the harder dungeons. I'm the only tank so if someone wants to replace or supplement my role as tank I'd be more than willing to work on a DPS or support class and I can just flip back and forth depending on what the situation needs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:14:20 PM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Bardiche

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2013, 05:45:44 PM »
Sorc for me thnen! I think melee needs more items to do well, whereas casters and support need it a lot less.

« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »
I've also got a DEX/LUK Alchemist right now, but given the card drop rate changes I might be busy with that for a while. I'll still get some leveling in since I promised Dormio I'd AFK in the Payon Cave hydra pit for him and let my homunculus fight; just need to get its loyalty up.

draganuv15

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »
When I finish downloading the game I can be a priest if ya wantz :3

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »
Tried downloading and playing but I get severe connection issues due to my location.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2013, 09:53:40 PM »
What role is Mechanic, anyway? It looks like it has a ton of random attack skills and utilities, but apparently you can't use combat smith buffs while riding your magitek armor.

I'm probably going to reset a lot and try out a bunch of different builds.

Are Blacksmith jobs and their transcendents still expensive to level?

A good way to save money as a Blacksmith is to use meat as your primary healing item. Meat is the most cost efficient heal item in the game, but it has the drawback of being very heavy; however, you can just stick a fat stack of it in your cart and not worry about the weight.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
Pretty much for Sura yeah, except rather than using Asura Strike you're using Gate of Hell now.
Asura Strike is a much safer option than Gates of Hell so it still has its uses.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:16 PM »
Alrighty, so I've decided I'm gonna roll a pure-tank Royal Guard for my first character, named Nobilissima. I've been pretty busy recently so I can only get on for like an hour or two everyday, but I should be able to make time for the occasional dungeon/MVP runs.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2013, 11:00:14 PM »
Currently quite close to Priest, so you can also count me on for partying once I get my training wheels off.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2013, 02:21:56 AM »
What role is Mechanic, anyway? It looks like it has a ton of random attack skills and utilities, but apparently you can't use combat smith buffs while riding your magitek armor.

I'm probably going to reset a lot and try out a bunch of different builds.

Awright, I had the distinct pleasure of being a Mechanic myself, and I'll share some of my insight.

If you're going Mado, go pure Mado.  See, if you're in mado, your role is now tank/support.  You support not by healing, but by reducing damage dealt to allies, debuffing mobs, increasing damage to enemies(including MvPs), things like that.  Additionally, Mado Mechanics have the unique quirk of being able to become immune to fire/water/wind/earth damage, and they naturally get a truckload of defense.  They excel at being a wall and general annoyance to other things.  But if you go pure mado, you cannot get any other axe skill nor get FAW.  You can potentially mob with Cold Slower though.

If you go FAW, yer just saying FAW/Axe.  If you want this to succeed, get yourself a Gigantic Axe.  That's almost the needed weapon because it's one handed and a little lighter than a Doomslayer.  FAW is good against single target dudes, if you don't mind expending a lot of resources to kill monsters.  Anything with AoE will ruin FAWs though.  Ultimately, High Speed Cart Ram with 8000 weight sadly outputs better damage than any Mechanic Axe skill.  Power Swing has a 2 second delay on it so you can't spam it, and Axe Boomerang damage isn't that good unless you have a Gigantic Axe or a Doomslayer.  In a best case scenario, you might get about 30,000 damage with a throw of a doomslayer, and when I say best case, I do mean that.  Potentially, you can MvP slower MvPs by flinging the Axe and running away, since the after cast delay is pretty enormous on that skill too.

Basically, if you go Mado, your role does a 180, and if you go mado-less, it's typically easier to just aspd hit stuff anyways.

Bardiche

« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2013, 01:52:46 PM »
Am I stuck with tiny resolution? D:

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:53 PM »
Started playing last night, and I'm almost to Dancer. That said, I'd like to know what stat/skill builds are good for them early on, if anyone knows-- they're one of the very few classes I have never played before. :O

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
Started playing last night, and I'm almost to Dancer. That said, I'd like to know what stat/skill builds are good for them early on, if anyone knows-- they're one of the very few classes I have never played before. :O

Pretend you're a Hunter with only Double Strafe.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
Basically what Dular said. Your build is going to be nearly the same as a standard hunter build, except with more INT than AGI.

Am I stuck with tiny resolution? D:
Run the setup.exe file in the folder. Sometimes it won't let you change resolution and you gotta flip random options in game to get it to work, dunno why it does that.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
still murmuring about the critical lack of a lite installer but once I actually get my shit together and get the game

please let me know what class you want me to run

i have experience with pretty much any of them

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
Here, what's the actual server url/ip, wanna do a quick ping test with cmd promt to see just how bad my lag is.
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2013, 04:32:27 PM »
still murmuring about the critical lack of a lite installer but once I actually get my shit together and get the game

please let me know what class you want me to run

i have experience with pretty much any of them
There's no lite installer because there's nothing for me to cut out. kRO killed Sakray a long time ago, we're just using the main client now. At most I kill the BGMs and save a few meg, that's it.

The only thing I'm working on now is an upgrade package from the old HatRO installer to the current base. But I'm not sure how much that will save if any.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:35:11 PM by helvetica »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »
Made it to Dancer last night. Wow these ladies don't get enough skill points for the sheer number of dances they have :(

Bardiche

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2013, 06:56:57 PM »
Became a Mage! Where do you collect your free hat? :D

Also HALP last time I played they only just introduced third classes, how I level quick solo???

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2013, 06:59:13 PM »
I'm going to need to start focusing on this again. It'd be nice to catch up with everyone else.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »
The only thing I'm working on now is an upgrade package from the old HatRO installer to the current base. But I'm not sure how much that will save if any.

probably not much :fail:

alright then

(my internet connection just sucks that bad)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2013, 03:10:02 PM »
isn't there some way the stuff could be broken into pieces? Like, back when I started playing RO in 2005 my internet was garbage and I had to download it all from the iRO site in like 10 parts, then unzip them all together or something...

« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2013, 06:41:48 PM »
isn't there some way the stuff could be broken into pieces? Like, back when I started playing RO in 2005 my internet was garbage and I had to download it all from the iRO site in like 10 parts, then unzip them all together or something...
should be fairly simple using something like .RAR
Would make it less painful for those of us whose internet drops hourly or so.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »
OK, I'm having a little trouble understanding something. I'm at Lvl 30, as an Acolyte going for Priest. Each time I level up, that Ctrl + Q window pops up, and I see no changes made to my stats. I don't get how STR, INT and so on are not changing. Am I to do this manually, or should it happen for me?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »
It's done manually; you choose where to put the points. I don't know much about Priests so I can't help you with where to allocate points, but if you've been leveling to 30 with stats at 1 across the board, it must have been painful... ;_;

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
Oh gosh Ammy that must have been so hard >.<

Yeah when you level up, you get stat points that you add to whichever stat you want-- and they scale up a point per 10 points you add. So if you have to add 2 points for 1-10, you'll need to add 3 for 11-20, etc.

Or something like that.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2013, 11:05:54 PM »
OK, I'm having a little trouble understanding something. I'm at Lvl 30, as an Acolyte going for Priest. Each time I level up, that Ctrl + Q window pops up, and I see no changes made to my stats. I don't get how STR, INT and so on are not changing. Am I to do this manually, or should it happen for me?
There's a little arrow next to each stat that you use to level up. You want to be raising INT and VIT mostly as a priest, with some DEX sparsed in from time to time for cast speed. Focus on getting INT up to or near max, this will influence your SP pool and the rate you regen it, and eventually when all the renewal mechanics are in, your heal strength. VIT will give you more HP and HP regen and some status resistance and defense. DEX speeds up casting, which isn't necessary at first since heal is instacast, but will be useful as time goes on.

Try to aim for max INT asap, but raise VIT as well, then throw in some dex at the end. Should be aiming for 99 INT, 80 VIT and rest DEX. Prioritize raising INT but don't be afraid to pump VIT if you're finding yourself getting squished really hard.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2013, 12:00:22 AM »
The client update has been put on hold for now although it should be happening sooner than later. Next major feature update is a revamp of the refining system and addition of several new items.

I will be implementing "Safe to +7" certificates. How these work is fairly simple, There will be a certificate you purchase and when you are upgrading and your refining fails, instead of your item being destroyed the certificate is consumed instead. If the upgrade completes successfully then you'll keep the certificate. They will only cover up to +7, above that the item will suffer the normal failure result.

I will also be adding a new refiner that takes HD ores instead of the standard ores. This refiner will only upgrade weapons and armor in the +7-10 range. When you upgrade on this refiner, and the refining fails, instead of destroying the item, you will lose one upgrade. So for example, you fail on upgrading a +8 item, it will get knocked down to +7.

Overall there will be 3 main classes of ores you can use for upgrading, with 3 different sets of refiners and chances and prices. Here's the breakdown:

Standard refining:
  • Oridecon and elunium found off of monster drops.
  • Default cost and success table, single roll for refine chance.
  • If an upgrade fails, the item is destroyed. Certificates are not checked or used.

Enriched refining:
  • "Enriched" oridecon and elunium purchasable in cash shop.
  • Same success table as standard refining, but the refiner will roll twice for success chance.
  • Safe to +7 certificates are checked. If refining fails certificate is consumed and item is left intact.

HD refining:
  • "HD" oridecon and elunium purchasable in cash shop.
  • Will only upgrade items at +7 or higher.
  • Same as enriched, roll twice for success chance.
  • If an upgrade fails, item loses 1 point of refinement. Certificates are not checked.

So, in layman's terms, you can continue to use the standard refiners with normal items at the standard chances. The enriched refiner will roll twice for success chance (effectively raising your chances by 50%), and if you have a Safe to +7 certificate it will consume the certificate rather than the item. For example, if you have a piece of armor you want to get +7, you should start with standard refining to +4, then obtain a Safe to +7 certificate and use enriched refining to increase your odds. If you're at or over +7 you can elect to use the HD refiner which will only knock off a point of refinement rather than destroy the item.  This should make getting +7s much more viable, while still making +9/+10s a moneysink but not out in the realm of impossible.

Costs will be set at 150k each for enriched elunium and oridecon, 250k for HD elunium and oridecon, and 1mil zeny for a single safe to +7 certificate. Remember, the certificate is only consumed when the item fails to refine, so it's possible (if not likely) to make it to +7 and still have your certificate.

I am also looking at rebalancing the socketing NPC, possibly by either boosting the chances and lowering costs, or leaving the chances as is but removing the item destruction. I'm leaning toward the latter, leave the cost, chance, and reagent requirements at default but remove the item destruction. Your zeny and any reagents required will be consumed but the item will not get destroyed.

I will likely have this all implemented sometime this weekend. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:15:13 AM by helvetica »