Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221673 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #720 on: January 21, 2013, 11:03:44 AM »
Okay, that took about 10000 years but it's finally uploaded. Sucky connection if I ever saw one...

Ten Desires Stage 3 Perfect Pacifist - I hope I can use the word Perfect with regards to a pacifist run without inviting Seppo's wrath.  :V

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #721 on: January 21, 2013, 11:19:47 AM »
Perfect Youtube upload speed.

Go with whatever word you want to use, I've made my opinion clear many times enough. Maybe it's my time to give in on something.

-

Congrats to the rest of you as well.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits

LepLep

• BIG
  • cat
« Reply #724 on: January 22, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »
Broke 400m in UFO extra. :)
- Replay

I will probably either, refine this or do a condition run of this extra stage in the future. Although I'm not sure how long that's going to take. :ohdear:

« Reply #725 on: January 22, 2013, 04:48:44 AM »
Got my third perfect on Koishi, this time with ReimuB. This came out unexpectedly, as I just went to play Extra out of boredom, and then this happened. It had bombs on the stage, but it was mostly because of score despite my really bad use of them, especially the last one, as I'm used to ReimuA's awesome bomb. Anyway, this is my best score in it and I'm happy with it. :3

Used the power of TAS to time out Kanako's opener on ultra.  :]
Now go TASmeout Ultra VoWG. :V
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 04:55:22 AM by Wriggle »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #726 on: January 22, 2013, 06:26:22 AM »
While not much really influences me to play Touhou as of late, I did rediscover Phantasm Romance and its awesome music. Had to reacquaint myself with how to get Danmakufu to work, but it works. I start the script on Extra 1 (I never knew you could select stages before tonight), and after several attempts I manage to capture Yukari's first card. You know, the one with those blue snake things that follow you closely and is surprisingly wonky to do correctly. This session reminded me why I'm not fond of Danmakufu and why Phantasm Romance is really the only thing I find worth playing on it, but it was still fun to regain as much ground as I did.

Quick question: does anyone have the Sakuya, first Mima, and Extra 3 music files for Phantasm Romance? I ran into this issue the first time I got it, before my old hard drive went poof, but now I can't seem to find any other copies of the game with those files.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #727 on: January 22, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
Vajra: 1/151 --> 3/153

I'M BAAAACK

The last run was 3DNB - a death right before finishing off Greatest Treasure, a death to :spam: and a death to the last wave of the second non (I didn't even have to move but I ran into a laser, welp).

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #730 on: January 22, 2013, 10:28:47 PM »
Got my second SA Lunatic 1cc, this time with ReimuC. This could be a decent run if I didn't pussy out at Utsuho. I died to Ten Evil Stars (is that even possible?) and died TWICE to Sub Sun. But okay, a 1cc is a 1cc.

« Reply #731 on: January 23, 2013, 02:07:02 AM »
Attempted a few more rounds of VoWG again. Aside from the absolutely sad game overs that I sometimes get, I got 3 more 2DNB timeouts out of like 5 or so attempts. I seem to have a death every 60 seconds or so, assuming that the card is 150 seconds long. But it's definitely progress, as I couldn't even manage 2DNB a week ago. Hopefully I can figure out how to dodge the last few waves that I'm getting tripped up on and get that down to 1DNB soon. Progress!

« Reply #732 on: January 23, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Double Spoiler is up for verification again on SDA. The final total time is 44:53.77. Be sure to sign up for that if you either participated in the project or want to see the run published before 2014  :V

Also, when I was going for 12-6, I found that if you save like 5 replays every time, you increase your chances for a working replay significantly, I never once got out empty-handed after I started doing that.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #733 on: January 23, 2013, 06:38:38 PM »
I have good news and bad news.

The good news is AN EFFING SA LUNATIC 1CC, F*** YEAH
I even had a life to spare. I am so extremely happy with this. Did some really cool stuff (by my standards at least), like capturing Vengeful Cannibal Spirit and Blazing Wheel for the first time.

The bad news is, my replay is completely and utterly messed up. Everything goes fine and well until Utsuho's first nonspell starts. Then (I think) the replay shows me performing the motions I made in Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction, not the first nonspell. Needless to say, as the first nonspell is still ongoing, I die horribly several times, game overing not too far into the first spell. Despite this there's still a shiny "ALL CLEAR" label on the ReimuA Lunatic shot type, and the replay is still marked as "All", not "St6", as portrayed underneath.
I don't care too much right now though  :D :D :D Just UFO left now!

EDIT: Ack those images are enormous
REDIT: And now one of the images is broken ugh
Ah well, a clear is a clear, photobucket be damned.
REREDIT: Or maybe it's not broken. Whatever
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:59:06 PM by SirChaotick »

« Reply #734 on: January 23, 2013, 07:33:37 PM »
A non-sped-up replay starting from stage 5 will put Utsuho's fight back into synth.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #735 on: January 23, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
A non-sped-up replay starting from stage 5 will put Utsuho's fight back into synth.

Actually you can speed up until the very end of stage 5. Once the "transition" ends, you can even speed up at stage 6 and it won't desync. Of course, there's a chance that won't work and the replay is permanently desynced, but it depends on the replay itself (it also has to do if your game slowed down in the beginning of Utsuho fight, which happened to a friend's replay and I never could see his Utsuho fight).

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #736 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
Actually you can speed up until the very end of stage 5.

Speed... up? The replay? As in fast forward?

...I am truly a philistine regarding technology.

« Reply #737 on: January 23, 2013, 08:11:39 PM »
Pressing Ctrl. The same button for skipping fast through dialogue.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #738 on: January 23, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »
If I recall correctly, you can't speed up replays without the vsynch patches.

« Reply #739 on: January 23, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »

In pre MOF games you can't. :V

Also, Timed out Live Poltergeist.

Youtube

Tumblr

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #740 on: January 23, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »
Pressing Ctrl. The same button for skipping fast through dialogue.

I didn't know you could do that either  :V
But thank you.

redlakitu

« Reply #741 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:56 PM »
I'm slowly getting proficient at... EoSD Normal Stage 3. Seriously. Meiling's last two spells used to kill me all the time - a big obstacle if I'm ever going to take my plans of a No Bombs 1cc seriously. Fortunately I managed to perfect the stage several times in a row now, so perhaps there's some hope.

« Reply #742 on: January 24, 2013, 12:59:05 AM »
Hmm, got a great progress on MoF Extra today. I just randomly started working on it, and in like 1 hour and half I improved my no-bombs result from a game over to a 2-deaths run. It won't take me long to perfect it, if I only stop pussying at Suwa War and Jade idkwhat River.

Go player a non-EoSD Touhou. :V
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:20:49 AM by Wriggle »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #743 on: January 24, 2013, 02:48:15 AM »
MoF+ replays can be fast-forwarded by holding Ctrl whether you're using the vsync patch or not.
EoSD to IN replays can only be Ctrl-fast-forwarded if you're using the vsync patch. It works a little differently in that the game displays 240fps in the corner when fast-forwarding, but has the same effect.
PoFV replays can't be fast-forwarded as far as I know. They can still be sped up using the vsync patch to set to 90fps/120fps/whatever, but you can't adjust the speed that way while the game is running.
No idea about StB.

Also if starting from stage 5 doesn't fix the Utsuho desync, try starting from stage 1. That should determine if the replay is permanently broken or not.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:44:44 AM by Karisa »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #744 on: January 24, 2013, 06:03:22 AM »
You can do some sort of boss mode for PCB and IN replays, which fast forwards through stage portions
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #746 on: January 24, 2013, 12:20:36 PM »
So I went to time out Sakuraiji in Flames, Futo's Complete Clarification-esque card. It took one try.

That, of course, wasn't enough for me.

So I did it again at 90 FPS.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #747 on: January 24, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »
Let's post it in the right thread this time!

Finally cleared something on Lunatic, even if it is TD.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Oh

« Reply #748 on: January 24, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »
I posted in the wrong thread. How silly.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26563

EoSD LNB with MarisaB.
Arrive at Sakuya with 7 lives, however, due to embarrassing performance on stage 6, cleared with 0.
That is 3/4 shot-types done. I am going at a snail's pace. I think I NMNB'd Patchy, which is my first with this shot.

chum

« Reply #749 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:23 PM »
Well done.