Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed  (Read 288170 times)

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Running 1.4.5
« Reply #750 on: January 17, 2013, 08:27:21 AM »
I can imagine that Mahou Shoujo EP will be the stereotypical Cockney-dialected Londonite, then, mentioning lots of things about dosh, loadsamoney (and diamonds of course), and probably cuing a few British TV references here and there. :V

Which would be hilarious despite fallacies. :getdown:
Is it okay to say none of those?
No, I have a special plan for you ep, due to you refusing to post a picture of your face. If you did I would make this image lighter, but instead I'm being mean. FEEL SUNNYS WRATH.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #751 on: January 17, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
That won't save you. I don't have any pictures of myself floating around on the internet, but that didn't spare me from Sunny's wrath.
Spoiler:
Her drawing of me was somewhat accurate despite this..
:V
...That's even more :ohdear:-worthy. Maybe I should just find a decent one of me somewhere to avoid that.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #752 on: January 17, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »
Is it okay to say none of those?
yeah.mov

No, I have a special plan for you ep, due to you refusing to post a picture of your face. If you did I would make this image lighter, but instead I'm being mean. FEEL SUNNYS WRATH.
BRING IT ON. >:D
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #753 on: January 17, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »
This thread...
:teaspit:
Oh god I don't want to see me if I were ever drawn. *Shivers*

ZekeSulastin

• Would you like a flower?
« Reply #755 on: January 19, 2013, 06:33:13 PM »
....... I hate to be making requests when I'm so new, but can we get a recipe added to break clay blocks back down to clay balls (or something added to allow us to smelt clay blocks right into brick blocks? ._.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #756 on: January 19, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »
There's a recipe to break clay blocks into clay balls. You place the block, remove it again.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #757 on: January 19, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »
Sounds convenient and would really encourage brick stuff (and we veterans know how much Stuffman loves his clay :V). Personally I think it would make the game too easy(TM), as we can already just dig out the clay and smelt that. The clay blocks are mostly for saving inventory space anyway.

Speaking of requests, I have one of my own: due to the relative slowness of AdvWorld updating, I'm thinking that having players make the Terrain Control configs (assuming they have the proper server JAR and Bukkit set up properly on a local server) and send them to you for use is a good idea. This would allow for more interesting ideas, while allowing you to render the maps on your system for upload (and thus denying potential player-specific exploits via map editing after render).
Of course, I would advise map config makers to render a bit on their systems, display screenshots and descriptions, and then the playerbase can approve of it.
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #758 on: January 19, 2013, 11:04:50 PM »
So I'm deciding to arrange a little maze contest. I've set up a maze (a while back actually :V) and would like to have some group of people compete to see who can find the prize first. Kinda like Sunny's maze from a while back for those of you who were around during the PTM world, except this maze is a bit bigger. A warp will be established at the time I wish the contest to start. (to make it easier to get there)

Basic rules will be, no cheating, no flying, and no modifying any blocks within the maze. (it's underground though) Don't use xray or anything silly like that, and no flying because the maze has two layers, the main route, and water routes under it. This will make it fair for everyone. Plus, flying has the glitch of trapping you in the ceiling for no apparent reason, and would make traversing the maze extremely fast. (the maze was made before flying was available :V) For the longer part of the water routes, I've added air pockets, so as long as you keep moving, you'll be fine.

So I guess all that's left is to set up some time when people are able to be on that want to wander my maze. Who's interested?
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

ZekeSulastin

• Would you like a flower?
« Reply #759 on: January 20, 2013, 05:28:58 AM »
Sounds like fun!

(Question: would it be possible to add markers for all of the Shrines of Gaps to the worldmap?)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:07:25 AM by ZekeSulastin »

« Reply #760 on: January 20, 2013, 09:04:53 AM »
(Question: would it be possible to add markers for all of the Shrines of Gaps to the worldmap?)
Not a bad idea. I'm sure it could be done. Time for SCIENCE!

EDIT- aaaand done. I've added markers to the Livefeed map for our 23 currently established warp points scattered all across the main world. There was a long list of icons to choose from, but I picked "ruby" since it was easy to see from any zoom level. The name displayed is the warp destination name, but you already knew that.  ;) Hopefully, this will give people a better idea on which areas are claimed by others.

Now for the other recently mentioned subjects:
Clay -> Brick recipe - Honestly, I don't really care for this idea. Sure, Brick is one of the most resource demanding blocks there is, but it is legally obtainable without our meddling. We try to provide recipes for items that aren't obtainable by normal means. Sorry, you're stuck with smeltin' the clay balls just like the rest of us. :V

Player-generated Adventure Worlds- This is a good idea, but methinks that not too many people would partake in the endeavor. I'm not sure how difficult it is to manipulate the settings in the TerrainControl files.. Stuffman can explain things better. If anything, this would call for players to install TerrainControl on their home machine so that they could test their creations. That way, we don't get flooded with asinine requests. I'm not that knowledgeable about this mod, so we can still talk about this.

BSOD MAZE- Oh, how I am reminded of DDR's maze event from waaaay back when. He had a modest turnout since there were two prizes up for grabs. His maze was 3 sprawling layers, each layer was twice as large as the previous one. Not only that, the deeper layers were more difficult. (Final layer was complete darkness :V) It took him quite a while to build the maze on a separate world, not to mention all of the redstone required for his failsafe switches.

Sounds fun, although you might want to offer up some prizes to really increase player interest.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:34:03 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #761 on: January 20, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »
Well, there is already a prize waiting for one lucky person, and I'd say it's a pretty good prize. I might do more mazes later, and the harder the maze, the better the prize will be, so I'd say the prize for this maze is fitting and well adjusted for the difficulty. The maze is bigger than Sunny's, but it isn't absolutely huge.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #762 on: January 20, 2013, 10:56:42 AM »
Hm.. Weird. Now the icons aren't showing up for me. Other people seem to be fine, so I guess I have some conflict on my end. bweeeeh. I'll investigate later.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #763 on: January 20, 2013, 07:45:34 PM »
Player-generated Adventure Worlds- This is a good idea, but methinks that not too many people would partake in the endeavor. I'm not sure how difficult it is to manipulate the settings in the TerrainControl files.. Stuffman can explain things better. If anything, this would call for players to install TerrainControl on their home machine so that they could test their creations. That way, we don't get flooded with asinine requests. I'm not that knowledgeable about this mod, so we can still talk about this.
TerrainControl can be manipulated via both regular config editing and a GUI. However it has a slight learning curve.

Another issue is seeing whether people are willing to set up a local 1.4.5 server with Bukkit and TC (and probably Minecraft Land Generator too).

Most likely participation will be limited to tech-oriented types (myself, BSoD, a few others) with the rest of the playerbase pitching ideas in.

BSOD MAZE- Oh, how I am reminded of DDR's maze event from waaaay back when. He had a modest turnout since there were two prizes up for grabs. His maze was 3 sprawling layers, each layer was twice as large as the previous one. Not only that, the deeper layers were more difficult. (Final layer was complete darkness :V) It took him quite a while to build the maze on a separate world, not to mention all of the redstone required for his failsafe switches.
That was a fun maze. If only the mobs didn't spawn like crazy every minute or two and cause massive lag. :V
Bad command or file name

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #764 on: January 23, 2013, 07:09:04 PM »
As for the adventure world, I found a very nice tool called WorldPainter that lets you make maps pretty easily: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZlyxWM2Y0
If it's okay I'll make a fun map for our adventure world.
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #765 on: January 24, 2013, 12:46:07 AM »
I'm willing to play around with submitted Adventure Worlds. To tell the truth I've been trying to put one together the last few days but my concepts haven't really been working out.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #766 on: January 24, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »
The Infernal Republic - now with a wonderful beam of light that dispenses pure, unfiltered supercrack into the atmosphere. Try it today! :getdown:
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #767 on: January 24, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
I'm willing to play around with submitted Adventure Worlds. To tell the truth I've been trying to put one together the last few days but my concepts haven't really been working out.
Sounds cool. I'll try to work on one over weekend.

The Infernal Republic - now with a wonderful beam of light that dispenses pure, unfiltered supercrack into the atmosphere. Try it today! :getdown:
All hail the supercrack factory and its equally powerful emissions :getdown:
Bad command or file name

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #768 on: January 26, 2013, 06:34:59 AM »
Decided a few days ago I probably ought to log in and move some stuff from the adventure world to the normal world. After updating I find out that the games updated past the point that the server has. :V So when was the last time the adventure world got wiped and when's the next time it's planning on being wiped?  :ohdear:
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #769 on: January 26, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »
So when was the last time the adventure world got wiped
It looks like the current Adv World got implemented during our 1.4 update. Early December.
and when's the next time it's planning on being wiped?  :ohdear:
Stuffman is reportedly concocting a new Adv World despite any secret snags. My guess is soon :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #770 on: January 27, 2013, 11:06:33 PM »
My guess is soon :V
Hopefully it will have been worth the weight~

...oh wait this server isn't on Valve Time, but on Bukkit Time (ie. Valve Time -1, no Summer Time/DST). I forget that a lot. :V

Unrelatedly, I hear from Sparda and his Civ V MC map tests that the Strafe AI doesn't know how to expand beyond Wily Fortress, even after 180 turns. Is this suggesting Strafe has island syndrome, or is a frog in a well? :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #771 on: January 28, 2013, 08:19:29 AM »
Solitary confinement... just like real life!  :V

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #772 on: January 28, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »
I was going to make a comment about strafe ai being just as lame as the real strafe, but then I remember he didn't get forcibly married to 6 times.  :colonveeplusalpha:
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #773 on: February 03, 2013, 02:16:20 AM »
Looks like 4.7 finally got a recommended bukkit build.

Does that mean we now have to wait for plugins to update or some spit?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #774 on: February 03, 2013, 05:37:02 AM »
Looks like 4.7 finally got a recommended bukkit build.

Oh shit.

I'll look into updating tomorrow. It's been in beta such a long time, hopefully all plugins are up to date and have resolved the new coding requirements.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #775 on: February 03, 2013, 06:33:11 AM »
Will we get a new adventure world soon?
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #776 on: February 03, 2013, 07:09:59 AM »
:toot: :toot:
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #777 on: February 03, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »
ffs

Multiverse isn't updated yet and apparently its current beta is dangerously unstable. Sorry, but we'll have to wait. :fail:

I'll get a new adventure world up in the meantime.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #778 on: February 03, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
Well hopefully the RB pushes the development timetable for Multiverse up a bit.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #779 on: February 03, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »
[attach=1]

New adventure world is up! I am proud to present...MUDWORLD!

Every biome (except jungle) has been turned into swamp, except for forests, which are now huge fields of giant mushrooms! It should also be thunderstorming way more often than is reasonable. Whee!

This world has two unique features:
- Dungeons are now twice as likely to spawn.
- Sinkholes! From time to time, you will come across large, round, and very deep sand-bordered pools of water. These go down almost straight to the lava layer. Grab a scuba pumpkin and you can find some easy access to caves. Or, if you enchant an Aqua Affinity helm, you can efficiently mine out the coal and iron in the walls of the sinkhole, plus a bit of gold and maybe some emerald at the bottom!