Author Topic: Imperishable Night Team Discussion  (Read 27768 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: Imperishable Night Team Discussion
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2009, 01:59:58 AM »
SA MarisaC's problem is that she is for the most part inferior to ReimuA. That's about it. That's a pretty hard thing against any shot type though, like PCB SakuyaA and ReimuA(neither of which are good, but still). Oh, and no damage bomb, but screen clear and pseudo-border make up for it.

Alex:
Yukari doesn't have a strong forward shot while focused, she's more like a slightly stronger Reimu.
This is a damned lie and you know it. Border Team's third most powerful far away in IN, assuming you're aligned with the enemy(and Ran's hitting, but that's a given). The only two above it is Remilia and Youmu, both of which are two of the strongest shots in the series. MAlice doesn't count, although even if you did, it's annoying to move when using MAlice.

Banana:
The front-lock shots are good. Deal with it. Highly flexible, and are powerful from the two there are in Touhou.

Bananamatic

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2009, 02:06:00 AM »
The front-lock shots are good. Deal with it. Highly flexible, and are powerful from the two there are in Touhou.
But I hate locking shots.

My wet dream would be importing Dodonpachi shottypes into touhou.
Straight and simple. You don't need more.

Still, is ReimuA in SA overpowered? Other say OP, others say that she is the only reasonable shottype as far as damage goes.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2009, 02:15:18 AM »
MariA and MariC are actually not THAT bad damage wise, but MariA has to be unfocused for full power, and MariC has a narrow shot.

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2009, 02:35:07 AM »
Still, is ReimuA in SA overpowered? Other say OP, others say that she is the only reasonable shottype as far as damage goes.
Its subjective, but if you ask me Reimu A is overpowered since she has high power, a strong bomb, and absolutely no drawbacks whatsoever.

Marisa A is almost as powerful at the cost of requiring learning how to use properly. Bomb is just to save yourself rather than a free spellcard skip, and you lose less power for it as well (though if you really want to deal damage with it you can use one to activate invincibility and then plant another doll right on the boss, which results in reasonable bomb damage at the same cost as any other shot type's bomb).

Marisa B you have to learn to use right, but I like it since it has an answer to literally any situation. Bomb is laughable though, unless you plan ahead and use it on top of a boss immediately so that all 5 rings hit and then shotgun them with wood formation.

Marisa C I think is underrated, but admittantly you have to deathbomb to get the best use out of it (clears the screen and activates the shield, but if your time is off you will activate the shield and then immediately break it). Again, the bomb is more to save yourself than actually skip cards, but at least there's no loss between 3 and 4 power, so if used right you should avoid taking too much of a hit.

Reimu B is about the only one I can't defend very well. It has autocollect and the bomb is reasonable, but it would be a lot better if the spirit thingies were more like traditional Homing Reimu's amulets.

Reimu C has some pretty good damage, but requires using like Youmu in IN. Bomb is really good though, since it can actually end spellcards (and due to how the options work, if you use it right there's no loss between 3 and 4 power if you bomb).

This is a damned lie and you know it.
No its not. Most of Yukari's damage comes from Ran (making the homing part the more damage-dealing part rather than her forward-needle part) and she's stronger than Reimu.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:44:31 AM by AlexX »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2009, 02:54:11 AM »
AlexX: It doesn't matter where the damage comes from. It's either without Yukari or with Yukari. With Yukari= powerful, so a strong foward shot, and without Yukari is like PCB SakuyaA except with more damage and less bombs.

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2009, 02:56:35 AM »
AlexX: It doesn't matter where the damage comes from. It's either without Yukari or with Yukari. With Yukari= powerful, so a strong foward shot, and without Yukari is like PCB SakuyaA except with more damage and less bombs.
Why are you getting so picky on what was effectively a joke side-comment? He said he preferred strong forward-focused firing and I was bring a prick by pointing out that Yukari is technically classified as a homing-type.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2009, 03:08:44 AM »
I assumed that you were serious.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2009, 03:17:05 AM »
ITT: Serious business.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
I think people just need to learn to stop making the other shot types sound worse than they are.  ReimuB gets hammered on all the time for being weak, for example, but at max power she does x1.4 damage (compared to 0 power).  In MoF, homing Reimu still does x1.0 damage, but people don't seem to have a problem with her.  On top of that, SA ReimuB's homing shots have piercing.

And MarisA does more damage than ReimuA, as well as MarisaB with wood or earth formation when you can get them to hit

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2009, 01:44:29 AM »
Lifespring: SA ReimuB's homing is crap. Crappy enough that people don't really care about it, and penetration isn't that useful in SA. Crappy homing + Crappy Power + Useless abilities=lol

Ordered by Power (all)
  9.0/13.0 Patch Wood 3 Power All (*10)
10.5/15.0 Alice UF Close
10.5/15.5 Patch Earth All (*16)
11.0/17.0 Patch Earth Sweetspot (*15)
11.0/17.0 Patch Wood Top only (*8)
12.0/18.0 Yukari F

So yeah.