Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 218318 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 07:17:40 AM »
@Cactu: 22/26 cards captured and no extra lives remaining... Yeah, EoSD No Bombs is crazy. I thought I was not so far away when I game over'd on Sakuya's finale twice. :V

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »
Got to Yukari in IaMP Lunatic for the first time. Finally got Remilia to a point where I can safely say that I understand her Spellcards and know what to do. Of course, she's still a goddamn juggernaut, but that fight is easily the coolest one in Story Mode once you understand it.
Yukari didn't seem to have gotten much more difficult, at least all older strategies still worked. Naturally, her penultimate Spellcard still seems to be a load of bullshit that should have never made it into the full game, Jesus Christ, just what were the developers thinking? I'm still hoping that there's just something I'm missing and that it's not just a terribly designed Spellcard.

Ah, well, nonetheless, a 1CC on Lunatic actually starts to seem feasible, though that really hinges on what Suika's last Spellcard has turned into.

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »
New thread. Need a post here. Hmm... I haven't done anything of note recently. I've been pretty lazy. Although I suppose I could put that I'm thinking about improving my MoF Lunatic score one of these days. Currently, it's about a billion and that is actually pretty low to be honest. It's not like it took many tries to achieve either.

I watched this replay done by some dude who managed to score 1,3 billion while still bombing a bunch of spells for seemingly no reason and fucking up big time at VoWG. I believe I can do that better so I'll probably be spending some time over the next weeks (when I'm not playing other things or preparing for exams anyway) learning how to raise that faith gauge early on.

Lists? All the Lunatics except for some of the PC-98 games because frankly, if your game isn't going to start before Stage 5 then I don't see much reason in playing it. Other than that, there's a lot of perfect stage/boss runs, some timeouts of hard spells and some half-crappy scores here and there.

redlakitu

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 08:42:16 AM »
My greatest accomplishment so far is the decision to stop playing for 2-3 days to clear my mind and salvage my patience and nerves. It's all your fault, Youmu. In the meantime I'm going to watch replays and play bad shareware games from the early '90s.

Also I'm still happy with those 1cc's of EoSD and IN, so listing them here so the post isn't completely out of place.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
Lists...

1cc on every Lunatic except for Touhous 1, 2, and 4 with every shot type excluding PoDD. All Extras perfected except for PC98 Extras. Few scoreruns on IN, PoFV, and UFO (most notably Alice solo Extra and some PoFV Normal scores). DS speedruns.

How boring. Hopefully summer will be more eventful, although I'm probably going to be even busier than I am now.

Maybe my next scoring goal will be to break the score counter in UFO. I think the SA Lunatic Ultra 1cc's pretty close; Orin and Utsuho have the most broken cards I've ever seen >.>

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 12:10:26 PM »
I....I perfected Sanae on Normal!
Better than MoF Easy 1cc, I'm sure :D
Now I have to try 1cc NORMAL :D

Edit: It happens that I am still the last post, so I have to resist my urge of posting this in a separate post:
I 1CC MOF NORMAL HELL YES
Sorry but this is too fun to do :)
I hate Kanako, really really hate her   :ohdear:
BUT I have defeated you, so die happily now! XDD
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:24:24 PM by nicholashin »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 01:45:53 PM »
I 1CC MOF NORMAL HELL YES

Hey, congrats! Mountain of Faith was the first Touhou game I ever played, so it always has a place in my heart.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »
So far, not much to put in one of these lists, but...

1ccs:
LLS Normal

PCB Normal (All B-types)
PCB Extra (Reimu B, Sakuya B)
PCB Phantasm (Reimu B)

IN Normal Demo

SA Normal Demo

UFO Normal Demo (A grand total of I think once or twice in my life I've 1cc'd that demo...)

Misc.
Have captured all but 2 spells in the PCB Normal group, namely Merlin's and Lyrica's solo cards.  (Wait, I might have gotten Lyrica's like ONCE...)
Have captured all but 2 spells in MoF Normal (Kanako's third and fourth)

Uh...that seems to be about it.  Somewhat saddening when I've been playing for, oh...a year and a couple months?  Oh well, I've been off and on playing, and I'm making sure I enjoy it, so whatever.  On to more things!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
Lists? I didn't post my latest one, even if it didn't budge at all.
(I'm not good at this game you see)

Game, Mode, Character (Approx. Score)

LLS - Normal 1CC w/ ReimuB (34,000,000)

MS - Normal 1CC w/ Mima (65,000,000)

EoSD - Normal 1CC w/ ReimuA (106,000,000)

PCB - Hard 1CC w/ ReimuB (626,000,000)
Extra Clear w/ ReimuA, ReimuB, MarisaB, SakuyaA (675m)
Phantasm Clear w/ ReimuA, ReimuB, SakuyaA (798m)

IN - Easy 1CCs No Focus w/ Magic Team (1.4b)
Normal 1CC w/ Border Team (1.2b)

MoF - Normal 1Cc w/ ReimuA, ReimuB, ReimuC (755m)
Hard 1CC w/ ReimuA (500m)
Extra Clear w/ ReimuA, ReimuB (600m)

SA - Normal 1CC w/ ReimuA (450m)
Extra Clear w/ ReimuA (522m)

UFO - Easy 1CC w/ SanaeA (380m)
Normal 1CC w/ ReimuA, ReimuB, SanaeB (270m)
Extra Clear w/ SanaeB (220m)

TD - Normal 1CC w/ Reimu (300m)
Hard 1CC w/ Reimu (477m)
Extra Clear w/ Reimu (144m)

Marine Benefit - Normal 1CC w/ ReimuA, MarisaB (110m)
Extra Clear w/ ReimuA, MarisaB (150m)

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
PCB Lunatic 1cced!

Died with no lives in stock?though that's only because I had a life and three bombs left at the final seconds of RB and knew I was going to win anyway. >_>

Crap stage 2 and 3, but perfect Lily, 1 bomb no death stage 4 sans the openers and the deathfairy, and a perfect stage 6 with a forward shooting character somehow. I'm happy.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:50:48 AM by Ace »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 03:26:46 AM »
My latest crack at PCB Lunatic netted captures of Stygian Riverside and Wonderous Concierto Grosso, and Eternal Truth and Components of Konpaku.
If only I weren't as shitty at Noisy Poltergeist, Lyrica's thing, Asura Sword, and whatever Youmu's first is.

Chuckolator

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 03:45:35 AM »
If only I weren't as shitty at Lyrica's thing
What about Ghost Clifford/Pseudo Stradivarius? Bosendorfer is the easiest solo spell imo, but you might find one of the others easier.

I suppose I shouldn't mention I got my first capture of Youmu midboss card in my 1cc today >_> <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 04:39:37 AM »
What about Ghost Clifford/Pseudo Stradivarius? Bosendorfer is the easiest solo spell imo, but you might find one of the others easier.

I suppose I shouldn't mention I got my first capture of Youmu midboss card in my 1cc today >_> <_<

Ghost Clifford I've actually capped several times before (on hard at least >_>) and Stradivarius is something I am just horrible at.
Clifford I find is something that's easy if you know what you're doing and Stradivarius I just don't know how it works and Whatever Lyrica's Is is really easy and simple but for some reason I can't figure out where to go to not get trapped.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 04:49:06 AM »
Lyrica may have the easiest solo part of the fight but my first 1cc of PCB lunatic died twice with full bombs to that part  :V

In accomplishments, playing some DS ultra, got to Stage 8.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 07:29:50 AM »
Yesss, I finally unlocked the Phantasm stage in PCB. Not only that, but I managed to capture all of Yuyuko's spell cards on Normal while I was at it as well, including Resurrection Butterfly -30% Reflowering-! :getdown:

Now all that's left is to take on Yukari now and I can move onto IN. It shouldn't take too long, right?
Spoiler:
Help.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:32:01 AM by PapillonReel »

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 08:05:23 AM »

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21556
3/4 LNB EoSD. This time with Marisa A.  Perfect stages 1-3, Perfect Patchouli, 1-death Stage 5, and captured Gensokyo, overall 24/26 spellcards captured. It was a pretty good run. Only Marisa B left now.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »
Might as well perfect the whole game while you're at it.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 08:10:21 AM »
"pretty good"? Dang, you're creepy, seriously! However, you're modest, I like that.

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21557
And that's 4/4. Lunatic No-Bomb with all shot types! Got this immediately after the Marisa A run, shame that I epicly failed Remilia, would have been a pretty sweet run otherwise. At least I captured green books with max rank, that was nice.

Might as well perfect the whole game while you're at it.
That's what my goal is.

Impressive. What's your lowest death count of all four runs?
Six deaths on the Marisa A run. I could probably do better with Reimu A if I tried hard enough, but I don't really want to bother with Remilia's shenanigans.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:31:51 AM by cactu »

Chuckolator

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2012, 09:03:48 AM »
Impressive. What's your lowest death count of all four runs?

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »
EoSD huh? Congrats on no-bombing it with everyone.

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
I managed to 1cc all routes in Great Fairy Wars on Normal (why does Normal feel like such an accomplishment? xD). What I initially thought to be almost impossible turned out to be quite easy once you know the patterns and when to use freeze. Right now I'm busy with the Extra Stage which is quite nuts. I like that. My best run got me to Shooting Star "Super Perseid, but I keep derping at silly points which mess up my overall performance. I wanna crack the stage today though so that I can start Hard Mode. Wish me luck!

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2012, 12:14:10 PM »
Scene 10-8 DS 90FPS GET

88/107

Stage 10 is slowly causing me to lose my will to live because it so goddamn boring.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »

Finally. I 1cc'd MoF on Normal with ReimuB.

Replay
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:52:58 PM by fsvgm777 »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »
Part 5 of my Double Spoiler Let's Play, and I'm not hinting what happens because it gets really annoyingly funny.

Also guys, this should be up around the time when this forum thinks it's 11:30 AM

EDIT:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:13:09 PM by Ace »

Enjoy.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2012, 02:12:10 PM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEES. After a really faily stage 4/5, I managed my very best run of UFO Stage 6 yet! And a 1CC at that :D

Capped Devil's Recitation, Star Maelstrom, St. Nikou's Air Scroll, AND Flying Fantastica~

On Normal~ This run was sort of uncoordinated because this was my first run on UFO in like a month . _ ." ended with 2 spare lives and 3 spare bombs~ Lol and yes, I still derped a lot in some places in the run :P

EDIT: Oh and Makai Butterfly capture as well but that's not a noteworthy as a capture of Most Valuable Vajra all in the same run~

EDIT2: Posted screenies of 2 lucky dodges on Flying Fantastica in the Lucky Dodges thread.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:31:25 PM by xForeverFanaticx »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »
[attach=1]

I FUCKING DID IT. CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE REPLAY.

Wanna hear the worst part?

ONCE I GOT PAST PHASE 2 FOR THE FIRST TIME I DID THE LAST PHASE ON MY FIRST TRY

WHAT THE SHIT ZUN

Enjoy.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »

ONCE I GOT PAST PHASE 2 FOR THE FIRST TIME I DID THE LAST PHASE ON MY FIRST TRY

WHAT THE SHIT ZUN

This was exactly as it happened for me and I was doing it at 90FPS.

The last phase is just bizarrely easy compared to the last two.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2012, 03:06:53 PM »

Finally. I 1cc'd MoF on Normal with ReimuB.

Replay

Reimu B, good choice. When I first started playing I kept breezing through stages with Reimu A's homing amulets, yet wondering why it was taking so long for bosses to die. Now I'm forward focus 4 lyfe yo.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."