Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 206322 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XII
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2011, 04:48:07 AM »
I'm not familiar with Japanese, could you explain what you have to download, and what to do with it ? %)

Ctrl+F the following:
Ultraモードパッチのダウンロード

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
Exactly the same thing for Suwako's
I beat that with only 2 bombs.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »
PCB Ultra Lunatic 1cc

Default lives. Cleared 3/3.

Tried MoF Ultra on Lunatic. Reached VoWG with 2 lives left, got her lifebar to almost 1/4 before losing all my lives (and bombs). Not sure if a 1cc is possible, VoWG is just ridiculous.

MoF Ultra Hard 1cc

So you need at least 5 lives on VoWG to clear, huh?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:44:20 PM by Aizo »

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »
Fuck you Jaimers from interrupting my Touhou Hiatus  :V
I played me some StB Ultra. I have so far captured every scene up to and including 5-7. There was some of these that were really difficult. Some even pushed me so far that I got frustrated with my own inability to dodge the thing, namely: 5-5. It cannot be considered bullshit since there is always gaps large enough if you keep moving but there is just so many bullets and they are moving so fast that my brain got overloaded on several occasions.

This patch is entertaining though I fear that it will soon become pretty impossible to clear stuff. Well, i guess I'll have the rest of the games. But for some reason it won't let me patch DS. Even if i try to patch the japanese exe.

If there is anyone around here who knows Japanese, it would be sweet if they would look at this screenshot and translate the error message for me as I don't know the kanji in it. http://imageshack.us/f/837/doublespoilerissues.jpg/

I really want to apply this to Double Spoiler too. It would be sweet if someone could help me out here.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
Should be something along the lines of "CRC does not match" (whatever CRC is), probably the path since the patch seems to be looking for TOUHOU~1.5-D/th125.exe , but your exe is in Touhou 12.5 - Double Spoiler/th125.exe . Might work if you renamed the folder, but I'm not 100% sure about anything here.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:57:34 PM by Lepetit89 »

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »
DS Ultra 12-3 and 11-2 are so much fun! In 12-3 the screen is almost filled with pink kunai.

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2011, 03:40:54 PM »
SA Ultra Hard 1cc, 2 lives in stock even :V The autobomb obviously makes it a lot easier (overall the difficulty was somewhere between vanilla Hard and Lunatic, no more than that), but it's actually quite fun that you can concentrate fully on dodging. I pulled off some very improbable saves that I'd never even attempt in a normal 1cc attempt if I can bomb instead.

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »
I'm doing so bad then.

PCB ultra Lunatic game over Yuyuko's card before the survival. MoF Ultra Hard, game over VoWG, SA Ultra Hard game over boss Orin.

IN and PCB Ultra Extras cleared. What did the guy do to Wizard Fox Thoughts though?

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
Should be something along the lines of "CRC does not match" (whatever CRC is), probably the path since the patch seems to be looking for TOUHOU~1.5-D/th125.exe , but your exe is in Touhou 12.5 - Double Spoiler/th125.exe . Might work if you renamed the folder, but I'm not 100% sure about anything here.
Thanks for posting that, helped me with my th08.  Apparently it was trying to patch to my English one and I had to rename my jp exe/dat files

but it's actually quite fun that you can concentrate fully on dodging. I pulled off some very improbable saves that I'd never even attempt in a normal 1cc attempt if I can bomb instead.
Yeah, I love that aspect of it too.

IN and PCB Ultra Extras cleared. What did the guy do to Wizard Fox Thoughts though?
It added in crossover bullets that will kill you if you move to the side like normal.   I'm not sure if it's even possible to cap now.

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »
Sucky run on IN Ultra Hard. It's not even all that much harder, I just derped a lot. Most of my screw ups were on stuff that was pretty much the same difficulty on the standard IN, which is just me being out of practice.

Got some of the harder stuff though, failed some of it, and Life Spring Infinity in the patch is total BS.Most of the other stuff on the patch actually looked doable on Hard, though I didn't check out Eirin. Lunatic destroyed me though.

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2011, 10:42:29 PM »

Nah, that unfortunately doesn't work. I wonder what CRC is.

EDIT: Its apparently some thing programs use when transferring data from one place to another to ensure that the all the data is transferred or something like that. Solutions to the problem would be redownloading the patch but that doesn't work. Maybe the problem is with my Double Spoiler installation. When I get back home tomorrow I'll try installing the game. Since I own a physical copy I'll get a completely unpatched game which should be the best for patching it.

I hope that will work. Half of DS is way too easy for me so a patch to make things harder, I say if it is anywhere near as good as the StB patch its bound to be awesome. Yes, the StB patch is pretty hit or miss meaning some of the stuff is likely completely impossible but a lot of other cards have just gotten themselves a lunatic version. :)

That is really welcome for me.

EDIT:

PCB Ultra Extra clear. Finished with three lives. It seemed to be a pretty reasonable thing for the most of the time. I haven't played PCB in like forever so I forgot a lot of things. Eh, i forgot that the attack where Ran teleports to your position to spawn butterflies and a bubble in your direction was supposed to be shot. I thought it was a timeout card.  :V

Still, thanks to auto-bombing this thing was really easy to pull off.

He turned it into what appears to be bullshit pretty much. Those crossover bullets are something different though which would indicate that however made these patches actually paid some attention to some individual attacks which is interesting. I thought it was just a lazy speed things up and make more of them-patch.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:12:23 PM by Zengeku »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2011, 11:25:00 PM »
IN Ultra Lunatic 1cc.

Second try even though I forgot stuff and derped a lot.
Pretty hard but it's good hard for the most part.

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2011, 12:03:14 AM »
I got to Embers of Love Ultra in SA. Then I lost my final life. Super Ego completely raped my mind and Release of the Id raped me in a more physical way. Embers of Love seems pretty impossible though.

And midboss Sanae has received a neat change i think. Other than that, I made an incredibly implausible series of impossible dodges on one of Ultra Koishi's non-spells.

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2011, 01:38:48 AM »
Not even overpowered ReimuC bombs could save me.

I tried SA Ultra Lunatic with her and luck dodged some of Catwalk allowing me to game over on the pellet hell after it instead of on that card.

And to the people doing this good stuff on these Ultra patches, make some vids. Or at least give us the replays if they work with the patch.

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »
Replays works in StB Ultra at least and I plan to upload some stuff with it.

Jaimers

« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
Did another IN Lunatic Ultra 1cc ending 3/0 this time.

I think I can safely say that full runs get desynced in the Ultra patch as it happened twice now.
I did record it live though and I might upload it.

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
Please do Jaimers. I know from simply watching my own replays in Ultra that silly and completely implausible dodges have a tendency to occur when you have the liberty of autobombing to help you. I for one would like to see what you can make of it.

Jaimers

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »
Well, autobombing has to be avoided as much as possible in IN because of the double bomb usage thing. So there's not a whole lot of luckshitting unfortunately.

There is some but not as much as last time (perfect Tewi lol).
Kaguya's opener was pretty funny though.

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »
Maybe not but I'd still like to see it so please upload it if you feel like doing so. :)

Now that we are on the topic of Ultra patches. MoF and SA Ultra seems absolutely fucking crazy. Stage 4,5 and 6 both managed to kill me three, four times. It was at 2AM when I played it but still, crazy stuff. I have only tried MoF Stage 1 though and there is something oddly funny about the notion of me not being able to capture Shizuha's spellcard.

Someone should try TAS'ing this. I don't really feel like doing it myself since my idea of advanced hacking is to make Fraps record at 10FPS and I don't have that much disk space to use. Is there someone around here who knows of a way to slow down the game in other ways? If so, please send me a PM about it.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2011, 12:27:33 AM »
The replays seem to work with PCB and MoF Ultra also.
PCB Ultra Lunatic 1cc
MoF Ultra Extra Clear
MoF Ultra Hard 1cc

Oh, and MoF Ultra Lunatic 1cc is possible.

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2011, 01:05:33 AM »
SA Ultra Hard 1cc

I took a peek at U-Lunatic Subterranean Sun and decided against attempting an 1cc there. It's not exactly VoWG, but a life eater regardless.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2011, 03:33:23 AM »
Whoa, this is awesome!
I haven't played Touhou in a while, so hopefully I'm not too rusty for this. Oh, and StB Ultra is so much fuuunnnn~

brb, I have to keep playing. This is too awesome.

edit: I like how there's no Ultra patch for GFW. That game is already too crazy in Lunatic without freezing anything. @_@
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:35:37 AM by Paper_Conan »

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2011, 08:31:51 AM »
After a derp on stage run and a derp on Boss run. I finally got a good run of Phantasm, getting to Danmaku Bounded Field!

For comparison, my previous best was Shikigami - Ran, I could have even beat this if it weren't for me dying twice with 3 bombs in stock at Shikigami - Ran.

Also, less significantly, I've also gotten a 1cc of Imperishable Night and defeated a few pesky cards on normal, namely Apollo 13, Final Spark, Fantasy Seal - Blink, Tele-mesmerism, Dragon's Necklace and Kaguya's last spells
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:45:58 AM by GuppyForce »

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »

This is what happens when I try to run the Ultra patched EoSD. What does it say and what should I do about it? I've tried all the renaming shenanigans I could think of, and tried running the game with or without JP Locale, with or without Vsync.exe (I think I've covered all the combinations...).

On a brighter note, here's a MoF Ultra Lunatic 1cc - barely a legit one, though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:43:35 PM by Vanhaomena69 »

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
Got my 7th capture of VoWG Lunatic.

Must...not...submit....to...peer...pressure...and...play...ultras...
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2011, 08:04:32 PM »
Play Ultras.

Jaimers

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2011, 08:17:55 PM »

« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2011, 08:32:34 PM »
PoFV Ultra Lunatic 1cc
Spoiler:
with Aya

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
Tried some MoF ultra.

On normal: Sanae's final is great like this, so much better than normally and actually interesting to play. Captured all Sanae's spell cards. Kanako's Source of Rain is awesome on ultra.

Easy: 4 miss (bomb) on Kanako's Mountain of faith, it's also great in ultra, but too hard for me right now.

Beat extra with ReimuA, 1 miss on Suwako's second card! Did some really sweet on the fly freestyle against Kanako's streaming card. 7 trees is much nicer, but Snake eats the frog and Red frog in Hourei Era is insane.

Thanks for posting this, keep being awesome guys!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »
Got my 7th capture of VoWG Lunatic.
Now do it in on Ultra Lunatic  :V
Cookies await the one who does. It's probably possible, unlike some of Sanaes noncards (unless I'm missing something)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:44:06 PM by Vanhaomena69 »