Author Topic: Guide me along this barren path  (Read 170864 times)

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
Re: Guide me along this barren path
« Reply #960 on: July 12, 2009, 08:47:08 AM »
>Ask Flandre what riddle needs to be solved the most. If it can be solved by giving her one of the items in our inventory, offer it to her, unless (for now) it would remove the Proton Pack w/ Ghost Trap, Electric Razor (disassembled) or Plastic Doll Bits from our inventory.

>Dissasemble Proton Pack, taking care to remove the Ghost Trap without setting it off and placing the trap on the floor (unless Flandre needs it for her riddles).

>Once done dissassembling the Proton Pack, ask Kaguya if she has enough technical knowledge to possibly describe a pill gun that could be made with the parts of the Proton Pack, plus or minus the Electric Razor parts and/or the Plastic Doll Bits. Alternatively, if Kaguya cannot figure it out, ask Flandre if she might be able to use her apparently-enlightened mind to do so.

(It may seem strange, but consider -- we have all this ammo, and it may very well come in handy later.)

>If one of the above gives us a design for the pill gun, combine the necessary items for it.

>If no gun design is acquired, or the gun design did not call for an item that was possibly given as a solution to Flandre's most pressing riddle, then offer that item to her.

>Tell me if this is too many commands in one post.

(Nice try, Pesco.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:30:22 AM by Blearbob »
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #961 on: July 12, 2009, 08:51:58 AM »
>present Giygas Made of Bee Pollen
> "I don't suppose this would be any help for the 'riddles?'"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:31 AM »
>Ask Flandre what riddle needs to be solved the most. If it can be solved by giving her one of the items in our inventory, offer it to her, unless (for now) it would remove the Proton Pack w/ Ghost Trap, Electric Razor (disassembled) or Plastic Doll Bits from our inventory.

>Dissasemble Proton Pack, taking care to remove the Ghost Trap without setting it off and placing the trap on the floor (unless Flandre needs it for her riddles).

>Once done dissassembling the Proton Pack, ask Kaguya if she has enough technical knowledge to possibly describe a pill gun that could be made with the parts of the Proton Pack, plus or minus the Electric Razor parts and/or the Plastic Doll Bits. Alternatively, if Kaguya cannot figure it out, ask Flandre if she might be able to use her apparently-enlightened mind to do so.

(It may seem strange, but consider -- we have all this ammo, and it may very well come in handy later.)

>If one of the above gives us a design for the pill gun, combine the necessary items for it.

>If no gun design is acquired, or the gun design did not call for an item that was possibly given as a solution to Flandre's most pressing riddle, then offer that item to her.

>Tell me if this is too many commands in one post.

>Flandre considers for a moment. "The riddle that vexes this one the most is the riddle of the soul," she says. "When the end comes to matter and energy, what will have become of the soul, which is independent of such things? The Eternal," she gestures toward Kaguya, "in particular vexes this one with this riddle."

>You lay out your items. You remove the ghost trap carefully, and consider the proton pack. You suspect you could make another weapon out of it if you could improvise a firing mechanism. But once you take it apart, you suspect that you will never be able to put it back together again with the help of Nitori or someone similarly skilled. But, if you could find a way to make a firing mechanism, a theoretical pill gun should be doable!

>present Giygas Made of Bee Pollen
> "I don't suppose this would be any help for the 'riddles?'"

>Flandre considers the item, her wings tinkling gently as she shifts a little to do so. "This one does not believe it would assist."

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #963 on: July 12, 2009, 09:06:18 AM »
> And then there will be none?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #964 on: July 12, 2009, 09:12:27 AM »
> 10 -> 9 -> 8 -> 7 -> 6 -> 5 -> 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> ?

> And then there will be none?

>Flandre nods. "This is what would be apparent. But the riddle of the soul persists. As well as the riddle of thought."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #965 on: July 12, 2009, 09:19:27 AM »
> The Yama knows. Send me across to Australia the Netherlands Netherworld.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #966 on: July 12, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »
>Actually, I don't think she would, since 'all matter and energy' would include 'Higan.'
> "Are these riddles important enough to ignore the events of the now?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: July 12, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »
> The Yama knows. Send me across to Australia the Netherlands Netherworld.

>Actually, I don't think she would, since 'all matter and energy' would include 'Higan.'
> "Are these riddles important enough to ignore the events of the now?"

>Flandre nods. "This one has considered that such people may have clues to the riddle of the soul's answer. But it seems unlikely. The Yama's purpose is not the end of all things, but rather the end of life."
>"This one's purpose is not tied to the events of now. This one remains apart, until it is time to fulfull my purpose. If there is need, this one will act. What events do you speak of?"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #968 on: July 12, 2009, 09:55:45 AM »
> All is not well in the world. McDonalds have opened on every continent. There are no buses in Durban. And your sister needs your help for redemption.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #969 on: July 12, 2009, 09:56:31 AM »
> Tell Flandre that the answer is 'nu'.

Thank goodness I remembered that amazingly zen topic.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: July 12, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »
> All is not well in the world. McDonalds have opened on every continent. There are no buses in Durban. And your sister needs your help for redemption.

>"These things are not important to this one's purpose," says Flandre. "It is sad what has happened to Remilia, but the choice she made was her own. This one's purpose has been found to be unaffected."

> Tell Flandre that the answer is 'nu'.

>Flandre tilts her head. "Then the riddle become a riddle of nu. The question is still the same."

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #971 on: July 12, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »
>Try convincing her that by journeying outside the confines of her room, and perhaps aiding you on your quest, she might find the answer along the way, as most sages in the past have.

>Alternatively, if we do not succeed in budging her, check the room and see what belongings are in there.

>Also, if there is nothing that might be of use in here, ask her if she would like to learn the secret to the wisdom imparted by Keine Kamishirasawa (if she says 'yes', headbutt her as hard as you can and hope she returns to 'normal', without on any terms breaking us in twain -- and that is a high hope, mind you).

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #972 on: July 12, 2009, 10:38:32 AM »
> Kama Sutra her ass

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: July 12, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »
>Try convincing her that by journeying outside the confines of her room, and perhaps aiding you on your quest, she might find the answer along the way, as most sages in the past have.

>Alternatively, if we do not succeed in budging her, check the room and see what belongings are in there.

>Also, if there is nothing that might be of use in here, ask her if she would like to learn the secret to the wisdom imparted by Keine Kamishirasawa (if she says 'yes', headbutt her as hard as you can and hope she returns to 'normal', without on any terms breaking us in twain -- and that is a high hope, mind you).

>Trying to convince Flandre to leave may or may not be a good idea. You should try methodologies to cause this to happen!
>Looking around, there really isn't much to the chamber. Just her bed, table, and chair; the chair and table don't seem to see much use; an old teacup is perched atop of the table. Obvious exits are north.

> Kama Sutra her ass

>You couldn't even pronounce it.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #974 on: July 12, 2009, 11:12:31 AM »
I'm actually not sure which of the two is a better idea:

1st idea...

> Ask Kaguya to use her wisdom she has acquired from her long-term immortality-through-ressurection to answer Flandre's question -- and if need be, we promise to plug our ears so that we hear none of it.

2nd idea...

> Go North and make a beeline for either where we saw Patchouli last OR to the Voile, and see if we can't administer some medicine to the unfortunate Librarian and thus possibly secure her aid. By bribery if necessary. (Plus, she has experience in dealing with Flandre, so if we're dead-set on adding Flan to the party we can get her aid in that.)

>Execute whichever of the above commands that sounds like it would be better/lead to fresh shenanigans.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:28:25 AM by M. Burusu »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: July 12, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
> Ask Kaguya to use her wisdom she has acquired from her long-term immortality-through-ressurection to answer Flandre's question -- and if need be, we promise to plug our ears so that we hear none of it.

>You look to Kaguya. She frowns a little, then says, "She does raise questions that one such as I need to consider from time to time. I am afraid, once she learned of my existence, I really just made the question she'd pondering all the more difficult for her. I wonder what she thought before learning of me?"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #976 on: July 12, 2009, 01:38:44 PM »
> Do to Flan what Gpop does with Koishi.
> Check turns until game over.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 01:49:30 PM by Pesco »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #977 on: July 12, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »
>Hug Flandre.

Hugs. They solve everything!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #978 on: July 12, 2009, 05:15:05 PM »
> Do to Flan what Gpop does with Koishi.
> Check turns until game over.

>Hug Flandre.

>I'm gonna assume these are one and the same.
>You cross the basement and hug Flandre. She doesn't resist, or really react at all. But as you touch her, it kinda stings. I feels a bit like you just hugged a car that was sitting in the summer sun for too long. Checking your arms, they are a bit more reddish than they should be, as though you got a mild sun burn. "Please do not touch this one," says Flandre. "You are impure, as is the world you come from."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #979 on: July 12, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
>Protest, stating that "Hugs solve everything! They most certainly answer your riddle"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #980 on: July 12, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »
> Use Antacids to cure the burns on your heart.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: July 12, 2009, 05:25:24 PM »
>Protest, stating that "Hugs solve everything! They most certainly answer your riddle"

>Flandre shakes her head. "This one knows the opposite. The hug is started by a thought and a desire. When the matter perishes and fades, what becomes of these things? When all matter fades, what becomes of them? This is the riddle of the soul. Do they attain purity when matter is stripped away? Do they attain it when matter is removed entirely from the cosmos? This one ponders such things, while awaiting for its purpose to come."

> Use Antacids to cure the burns on your heart.

>You take some antacids. They taste chalky, but they don't ease the pain of Flandre's rejection.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #982 on: July 12, 2009, 05:32:31 PM »
> Insert 5? for psychiatric help

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #983 on: July 12, 2009, 05:33:36 PM »
>"If your desire to find the answer to the riddle of the soul is so strong, then why not help others to reach that solution as well?"

« Reply #984 on: July 12, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »
>Rant: "You wait for your purpose to come to you? Absurd! You are you, and your purpose is yours. Only you can make it.
If you want answers, you have to look for them, not just sit around and hope they waltz up to you.
'What is a soul?'"
>Throw wine glass.
"A miserable little pile of secrets!
But enough talk: have at y- "
oh wait no that's a bad idea
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:05:15 PM by Schpwuette »
Advocate of Transhumanism

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #985 on: July 12, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »
> Insert 5? for psychiatric help

>You may have paranoia. But under the watchful gaze of Friend Computer, there is nothing to worry about!

>"If your desire to find the answer to the riddle of the soul is so strong, then why not help others to reach that solution as well?"

>Rant: "You wait for your purpose to come to you? Absurd! You are you, and your purpose is yours. Only you can make it.
If you want answers, you have to look for them, not just sit around and hope they waltz up to you.
'What is a soul?'"
>Throw wine glass.
"A miserable little pile of secrets!
But enough talk: have at y- "
oh wait no that's a bad idea

>You make your speech! Lacking a wine bottle, you through the teacup instead. Flandre leans over, and touches the shards, which quietly crumble away into nothingness.
>"This one's purpose may only come with the fullness of time." She takes a breath, then recites:
>   "Brothers will fight
>   and kill each other,
>    sisters' children
>   will defile kinship.
>    It is harsh in the world,
>   whoredom rife
>    ?an axe age, a sword age
>    ?shields are riven?
>   a wind age, a wolf age?
>    before the world goes headlong.
>    No man will have
>    mercy on another."
>"When these things have come, it will be time for this one to fulfill my purpose: to guide matter and energy to its final fate. Until then, there is no purpose for this one. The riddles serve to occupy me." She smiles, then. "Your concern is warms my heart. You remind this one of my sister's finer qualities."

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #986 on: July 12, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »
>"Speaking of Remilia, Do you know where is she now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #987 on: July 12, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »
>"Speaking of Remilia, Do you know where is she now?"

>Flandre shakes her head. "She has not told this one, or anyone else as far as this one knows. But the head maid will sometimes read post cards from her to me. If she does not know where they come from, then it is best to ask who bring. The guard would likely know"

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #988 on: July 12, 2009, 07:12:46 PM »
>Ask Flandre how to obtain the purity required to hug her

« Reply #989 on: July 12, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
>Ask Flandre what drugs she is on and can we trade for w/e pills you have.