Author Topic: Ask A Staffer Final Round - The Askening: Tengukami  (Read 64488 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: Ask A Staffer Final Round - The Askening: Tengukami
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:07 PM »
What does DMC stand for?
Rank the Puella and Kyuubey in order of best-ness?
Strangest thing you've ever seen as a pizza topping?
Top 5 favorite movies?
How pedantic are you about grammar when others are speaking?
If I can make it out there next summer should I bring some mead?  Will you supply cider?
Thoughts on Henry Rollins?

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2011, 11:57:23 PM »
What does DMC stand for?
Woah, I know like two answers to this ahahaa. :D

What's the food like in Iceland?  What's some of the national fare?

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 04:43:22 AM »
DMC = Devil May Cry BV

Do you think discrimination against race/religion/sexuality/gender will ever be eliminated in society?
What was your motivation to move out of the USA, back then?

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 07:52:09 AM »
If you cannot answer all of these questions, please just respond to this one:

You seem to be a very popular person on MotK. Most of the active users (and maybe even some of the non-active ones) know who you are, and you have a good (or at least neutral) relationship with them. Many times your opinion or advice has been sought after concerning various matters around the world and here on the forums. How do you feel about this?

---

Now on with the others.

In your opinion, what is the most important thing (concept-wise, subject-wise, etc.) that is or should be taught in school?

What do you perceive human nature to be?

What are 5 things you miss about the States?

What is your favorite invention?

As a journalist, would you rather write a story about the big picture in general or a story about a small corner in detail?

If you could, for a day, enter spectator mode of any person (see what they see, hear what they think, but not be in control of their body or mind), who would you observe?

How soft/hard do you like your bed?

Rate your IRL grazing skills.

What is the most hilarious name you have ever seen or come up with?

Are you the real Slim Shady?

Is that all she wrote?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
I'm in Bulgaria right now. What I should do now?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2011, 02:13:59 AM »
What other fandoms would you consider yourself a part of?

Do you still have any hobbies that you had in your childhood?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 12:59:03 AM »
Sorry about the lateness of my reply! Work galore got in the way. Anyways:

If you could put any two people in a room and watch them beat the stuffing out of each other, who would they be?

Michelle Bachman and Michelle Malkin. It'd be the Battle of the Michelles.

If you could go out for a drink with anyone in the world, who would it be?

Living: Arundhati Roy. Dead: William S. Burroughs.

When you became a father of an adorable little girl, did you buy a shotgun to keep on hand for when she starts dating?

Well, my plan is to teach her self-respect and self-awareness, enough to where hopefully no skeezebag is going to be able to manipulate her. But of course I'm protective. I just have to keep in mind that when parents say "No, I don't want you to see that boy", it tends to make them want to see that boy even more, so ... yeah. It's a delicate balance.

Do you enjoy dancing? If you do, what kind of dance?

I do enjoy dancing, and my favorite step is the Nervous White Boy. You've probably seen it before, done by amateurs, but I'm a pro.

What's your favourite fic in PSL (aside from your own, of course)?

Wow, that's a tough one. Thanks for reminding me to pick up White Rose again, as I was really enjoying that. Anything by IcedFairy, of course, and Purvis' Day Planners, and that sci-fi piece Serp did some time ago. I'm sure I'm forgetting people, but don't take it personally - I really enjoy reading Touhou fanfiction in general, as I love how people treat the mythology.

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

How do you feel about that statement?

I think great, average and small minds discuss all three of these things, but I do see the point - more intelligent people tend to think beyond their own backyard.

What foods do you like? Which ones do you recommend?

I eat pretty much anything except raw onions. Recommendations? Wor Shu Opp. Man I miss that stuff.

Do you think your past experience with certain substances has left any permanent physical or mental effects? Does it motivate you more to keep your daughter away from them?

Drugs haven't left any physical effects, no. As far as mental effects, here's the thing: if I never did any drugs, and forgot where I put my housekeys one day, I would conclude I was forgetful, or stressed out, or simply misplaced them. So in the context of having taken drugs, I honestly can't tell what among my everyday oopsies are the result of drug use or not.

Now, I don't think anyone needs to take drugs. Like, at all. And I do think some of them are downright dangerous and should be avoided. However, scientific evidence seems to indicate that marijuana is less harmful than cigarettes or alcohol, so to be honest, I'd be more concerned about my daughter smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol than if I caught her smoking a joint in her room. It's my intention to talk to her about drugs, but crafting that speech in my head is tricky. Fortunately, she's only 5, so I think I have time to figure it out.

What does DMC stand for?

Darryl McDaniels, the flyest brother to rock a Kangol.

Rank the Puella and Kyuubey in order of best-ness?

Homura>everyone else.

Strangest thing you've ever seen as a pizza topping?

In this tiny village in east England I stopped in a pizza shop and saw green peas, mashed potato, and egg offered as toppings. English people are weird.

Top 5 favorite movies?

Man, this is a tough one. When I think of truly great movies, these are the first five that spring to mind:

Funny Bones
Citizen Kane
Good Fellas
Mulholland Dr
The Life Aquatic

How pedantic are you about grammar when others are speaking?

Not at all. It's rude to interrupt what someone is saying with, "Actually, it's should have" or some shit. Doing that is a great way to get people to stop talking to you.

If I can make it out there next summer should I bring some mead?  Will you supply cider?

Dude, if you come out here next summer there will be cider aplenty. I'll start brewing now. Seriously, come out here. I'll make it unforgettable.

Thoughts on Henry Rollins?

Great in Black Flag, alright in his early spoken word stuff, sort of a clownish punk rock grandpa today.

What's the food like in Iceland?  What's some of the national fare?

Iceland is pretty Americanized. These people love them some burgers, pizza and KFC. The national food is only eaten by tourists.

Do you think discrimination against race/religion/sexuality/gender will ever be eliminated in society?

Probably not. It's human nature to fear/hate The Other, and people will construct all kinds of rationalisations for implementing it legally.

What was your motivation to move out of the USA, back then?

I came out here on vacation, met some Icelanders, went back home, jokingly told them I could always move to Iceland, and when they sincerely offered to help me immigrate, I thought, "Fuck it, why not? I'm still young. If it doesn't work out, I can always move back home."

You seem to be a very popular person on MotK. Most of the active users (and maybe even some of the non-active ones) know who you are, and you have a good (or at least neutral) relationship with them. Many times your opinion or advice has been sought after concerning various matters around the world and here on the forums. How do you feel about this?

Wow, thanks. I dunno, I think these people have done so much more for me than I have for them. For real, whether it's been the forums, IRC or Skype, these folks have gotten me through some pretty rough patches just by being awesome people. If anything I say, or any blowhard opinion I spout, happens to do anyone any good, then that's great. Hopefully that'll help pay back what they've given me.

Sorry for not answering the others right now - I will by the end of the thread.

I'm in Bulgaria right now. What I should do now?

Go to Varna, get to the beach, and drink some Kamenitza while snacking on fried mackerel.

What other fandoms would you consider yourself a part of?

Apart from anime? Hm. I don't really know. Maybe the Syrufit fandom?

Do you still have any hobbies that you had in your childhood?

Yep, writing. My other childhood hobbies - riding my bike, building models, playing D&D - have fallen to the wayside. But hey, nothing saying I won't pick them up again!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:07:25 AM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2011, 09:00:33 AM »
I've always preferred the "Devastating Mic Control" definition myself.  Yeah, I'm trying to do a Europe trip if I can arrange the funds.  Iceland Air is the cheapest way to get to Germany.  Want to hit Munich, Hamburg and Dresden, and hopefully hit Vienna down in Austria.

"Aw look, it's Henry Rollins.  He misses the 80s."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:05:12 AM by Rin Kagamine »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »
What is your idea of a good day, from start to finish?

Is marriage for everyone?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2011, 09:23:14 PM »
How many drinks does it take to get a drunk Ammy?

Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, or Wind?

Light side or dark side?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Tengukami

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2011, 11:59:54 PM »
I've always preferred the "Devastating Mic Control" definition myself.  Yeah, I'm trying to do a Europe trip if I can arrange the funds.  Iceland Air is the cheapest way to get to Germany.  Want to hit Munich, Hamburg and Dresden, and hopefully hit Vienna down in Austria.

Awesome, do stop over then. You won't have to worry about where to stay or anything. Reykjav?k's a fine little town, I'm sure you'll love it.

"Aw look, it's Henry Rollins.  He misses the 80s."

HA! Best description ever.

What is your idea of a good day, from start to finish?

Waking up after a good, long sleep, showering, breakfast with green tea, writing, meeting friends, hanging out with my daughter, coming home and chatting with my friends in Skype chat, watching something engaging, then reading myself to sleep.

Is marriage for everyone?

I doubt it's for anyone, really. I mean, unless we take the definition of "marriage" to be a celebration of the recognition that two people want to spend the rest of their lives together. Apart from that, it's entirely unnecessary, I think. But then again, you're asking the divorced guy. It's sort of like asking someone in AA what the best beer is.

Speaking of which ...

How many drinks does it take to get a drunk Ammy?

Depends on the drink. I can seem to down beers endlessly, but mixed drinks, it takes like, hm ... maybe 7 or 8 before I'd say I'm "drunk".

Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, or Wind?

FIRE!

Light side or dark side?

I'm attracted to the shadows but walk in the light.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:56 PM »
Who are you planning to administer future dick punches to?

Presuming you accept the concept, what makes a type of music significant? What types of significant music has Americastan produced/had a heavy role in in the past 50 years? What insignificant music has it produced/had a heavy role in?

Earth, Wind, and Fire?

You know what Imma ask here.

How does Ammy make a pizza? Explain in details.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »
What goes on the Ammy sandwich?

What is the most foolish thing you did in the past? (Stuff like pranks gone wrong and what not)

If you could make something become gigantic in size, what would that be?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2011, 04:46:36 PM »
When you're melancholy and realize it, what do you do to pull yourself out of it, if anything?

Got any plans for more Touhou fanfiction?

Tengukami

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »
Who are you planning to administer future dick punches to?

I have a pool of potential dickpunchees who are randomly selected in sets of 5. The latest drawing had Rick Santorum topping the list, but given the results of the last straw poll, this may be entirely unnecessary.

Presuming you accept the concept, what makes a type of music significant? What types of significant music has Americastan produced/had a heavy role in in the past 50 years? What insignificant music has it produced/had a heavy role in?

I think music becomes significant when it either influences or reflects emerging and significant aspects of popular culture. In the past 50 years, since we're not going back far enough to include blues and jazz, rock and folk initially had this power, but by the early 70s it had waned into a parody of itself. Punk, love it or hate it (and I know you're not a fan), was an undeniable peak of the subversive and discontent iceberg that floated through the late 70s. Since punk, only rap music has been able to have as strong and as deep an impact on American popular culture.

As far as insignificant types of music go, well, I don't think Christian rock has flourished quite as much anywhere else as it has in America. Much to the rest of the world's relief.

Earth, Wind, and Fire?

Do you remember the 21st night of September?

You know what Imma ask here.

Because you're the Doctor to me, and always will be.

How does Ammy make a pizza? Explain in details.

I haven't made pizza in ages, but when I do, I like to use any kind of spicy spaghetti sauce rather than pizza sauce, which tends to have too much sugar for my tastes. Beyond that, fresh cheeses are important, and I don't like to use just one - gouda for structure, cheddar for color, and blue cheese for bite. Anything else that goes on it is gravy.

What goes on the Ammy sandwich?

Corned beef, Swiss cheese, saurkraut, Thousand Island dressing and rye bread, preferably grilled.

What is the most foolish thing you did in the past? (Stuff like pranks gone wrong and what not)

I was actually not much of a prankster, although in terms of sheer folly, shoplifting is near the top of the list. So much risk for so little return is just not worth it.

If you could make something become gigantic in size, what would that be?

The portion of tax dollars that goes to the social system of the United States.

When you're melancholy and realize it, what do you do to pull yourself out of it, if anything?

Sometimes I enjoy being melancholy - it can be a good time to reflect, lick my wounds, and be lazy. When I don't find it enjoyable, I like to get out and be social somehow. Forcing myself to go and meet and talk to people, even when I really don't feel like it, seems to always do me good.

Got any plans for more Touhou fanfiction?

Yeah, I started this thing about Sanae trying to fit in Gensokyo. It's kind of a sad piece, in a way, but we'll see where it goes.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:49:55 PM by Tengukami »

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »
What was your craziest childhood belief?

Does your daughter have any? What are they?

Ammy vs. an Oni: who wins?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2011, 02:43:09 AM »
What was your path through Joinalism like? How did you get educated, how did you get your start, what kinds of things have you done both noteworthy and on the whole, and so on?

Tengukami

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »
What was your craziest childhood belief?

When I was 6 or 7 I watched this Disney movie about a guy who gets electrocuted while working on a computer and so becomes a computer himself, mentally. I decided to try the same thing with a toy robot I had. I did not get the results I expected.

Does your daughter have any? What are they?

I'm not sure if my daughter has any, as she isn't talking yet, but she does engage in a lot of imaginary play, so she very well might.

Ammy vs. an Oni: who wins?

They say tengu can outdrink oni, but I think oni are probably fiercer in combat. So, let's call it a draw.

What was your path through Joinalism like? How did you get educated, how did you get your start, what kinds of things have you done both noteworthy and on the whole, and so on?

For me it started by picking up a copy of the magazine I now write for, and sending in an article of my own. It was a new publication at the time (2003), so it was relatively easy to get printed there if you worked hard and could write well. I just kept at it, making my own assignments and such. When we started attracting the attention of the Icelandic media (they had written us off as a "tourist paper", because we're in English, and they were frankly surprised when we'd scoop them on actual news, or point out flaws in their own coverage), things began to take off.

I worked for a year as a correspondent for AFP in Iceland, which was definitely handy when Bobby Fischer moved here, and when whaling began to make a stink. But being a wire service "runner", as correspondents are called, is not an easy job, because you can get a phone call any time to go report on anyone or anything, with a deadline of about an hour from getting the assignment. It was a fun year, but I'm glad I don't do it anymore.

Some of my personal favorite stories that I've covered include the investigation into a murder on the now-closed NATO base, digging deeper into the methodology of a group that was claiming Iceland had zero corruption, an extensive piece I did about city planning (actually more interesting than it sounds) and of course a number of interviews I was able to conduct with people I admire, among them Jello Biafra and Richard Stallman.

I actually have no education in journalism. I'm a high school graduate. That I got the break I did can be attributed to sheer, blind, dumb luck.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
Have you managed to accrue any local infamy via the work you've done?
What is the research and creation process of the hour-long notice to submission for a story like?
When you say you could get a call at any time, does this mean you were on call 24/7?

Tengukami

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
Have you managed to accrue any local infamy via the work you've done?

I have made a few enemies, yes. No one particularly powerful or important; just local flunkies and mid-tier politicians who aren't really active any longer. I experienced much more infamy when I got involved in politics rather than journalism.

What is the research and creation process of the hour-long notice to submission for a story like?

The basic structure for a timely news piece is the Inverted Pyramid - you start with the most immediate core of the story in the beginning of the article, and then work your way outwards as the article moves along.

Let's say, for example, that the Ministry of Fisheries has lifted the moratorium on whale hunting. The first person I need to get quotes from is the minister, directly. I then need to talk to who this decision immediately affects - the Marine Research Institute, the head of the Icelandic Tourist Board (whale watching is pretty big business; whale watching groups hate whale hunters), the Icelandic branch of the IFAW, and so on.

Quotes gathered, I then need to gather my own research material. How many whales are being hunted? What impact does this have on the environment? What about on tourism? Are we hunting an endangered species? How endangered?

Now, quotes take precedent over research, so if the story needs to be out ASAP, I'll put together an article based on the people I spoke to. This article gets immediately sent out over the international press wire. As I gather more research, the story is updated.

Many people criticize "instant journalism" for putting quotes over research, but the internet has allowed journalists to be able to update a story endlessly. On the other hand, the first story gets the most eyeballs, so if research later uncovered directly contradicts assertions made in the first release, it can be overlooked. This is why it's important to give important updates as much attention as the first release.

When you say you could get a call at any time, does this mean you were on call 24/7?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. I never received any late late phone calls, but I have been called away from my family to go scurry down to the airport and wait for an insane, anti-Semitic, has-been chess player to land in Iceland, hop in an SUV without a word to anyone, and immediately drive away. Good times.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »
You have no idea how fascinating this is to me.

Have you garnered any fame?

How many of those quick research articles were you typically required to do per day?

What is your present and hopefully more relaxed work like?

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2011, 06:13:50 PM »
What's your favourite and least favourite parts of being a journalist?

Why is Aya so awesome? How about Hatate?

Tengukami

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
Have you garnered any fame?

Yeah, sort of, for a little while there anyway. First, when I started my own political party based on immigration law reform (which later merged with an existing leftist party) and then for becoming the first foreign-born member of parliament in the country's history. This got me a lot of media attention, as well as a lot of people writing some frankly libelous things about me on their blogs. I just kept doing what I was doing, and with time, the public fascination wore off and I went back to journalism.

On the bright side, I was able to make a number of significant and positive changes to immigration law in Iceland. I've been asked to write columns about immigration, to speak about racism and multiculturalism, and still get contacted by immigrants looking for advice. I'm more than happy to do that, especially now that I do this more or less non-descriptly.

I enjoyed my moment in the sun, and am proud that I was able to help make things an eensy bit better while I had the power to do so. I don't miss it, though. That much attention really doesn't suit me.

How many of those quick research articles were you typically required to do per day?

Per day? For AFP? Not many. They're only interested in stories of international or regional importance, which in Iceland doesn't happen very often. But at my magazine I'm doing four or five news stories for our website every day. So that's nice.

What is your present and hopefully more relaxed work like?

Apart from the aforementioned daily news pieces, I write longer articles for the print version. These are typically news wrap-up pieces, investigative pieces, and in-depth pieces. I have done, and still do, travel pieces, music reviews and food reviews, but not as often.

What's your favourite and least favourite parts of being a journalist?

Most favorite part: adding more territory to the common map of human information, no question. And it's a great rush to be able to scoop other sources; to get that information to the public before anyone else does. It's an amazing feeling to see that happen, especially if it's a story that actually affects people significantly.

Least favorite part: the pay isn't that great, interview subjects can complicate articles (although with the advent of digital recording, they can no longer deny saying what they said if you have a recording) mostly by hemming and hawing about how much to divulge, and it irks me a bit to see people dismiss "the media" as some sort of monolith that they don't need to pay attention to - people who live their lives in a state of utter ignorance, refuse to inform themselves, and yet seem to have an opinion on everything. I consider it an insult to my profession that such people exist.

Why is Aya so awesome? How about Hatate?

Aya is awesome because she perfectly combines the mythological with the modern and taught us much of what we know about Gensokyo, but also, I really admire her spirit. Despite the depiction of the tengu snapping panty shots of various maidens, her interviews are actually funny, engaging, and clever. She makes her subjects feel defensive and off-guard, which tends to get some interesting responses. It's not a style I'd use, but I admire her for it. It's pretty ballsy.

Hatate I like because she's the diligent investigative reporter. She's not interested in scooping anyone (how could she, anyway?) but she does take her time crafting a piece and getting all the facts lined up. Very few journalists will or even can do this today, so for that, she deserves props.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:08:22 PM by Tengukami »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »
Yeah, sort of, for a little while there anyway. First, when I started my own political party based on immigration law reform (which later merged with an existing leftist party) and then for becoming the first foreign-born member of parliament in the country's history. This got me a lot of media attention, as well as a lot of people writing some frankly libelous things about me on their blogs. I just kept doing what I was doing, and with time, the public fascination wore off and I went back to journalism.

I'm not about to let you get away with not elaborating on this. (After failing to wiki this up and pull a gotcha. Too many to sort through)

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2011, 11:29:14 PM »
[REDACTED]

When is Tenma going to ask you a question?

What's your favorite form of travel?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:49:16 PM by Tengukami »

Tengukami

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2011, 11:53:22 PM »
I'm not about to let you get away with not elaborating on this. (After failing to wiki this up and pull a gotcha. Too many to sort through)

I'll be happy to PM you links. For now, I'm not going to link to any incredibly identifying material on this site, though. I would ask others who want to play "Who's Tengukami?" to do the same. Plenty of you know who I am already; I just want to keep that info off-site, that's all.

When is Tenma going to ask you a question?

Oh, I'm sure Lord Tenma has bigger fish to fry.

What's your favorite form of travel?

Train. It's nostalgic, romantic, kinda sexy, and also gives you the combined blessings of unimpeded travel, safety, and taking in the scenery. Love traveling by train.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2011, 12:14:30 AM »
I'll be happy to PM you links. For now, I'm not going to link to any incredibly identifying material on this site, though. I would ask others who want to play "Who's Tengukami?" to do the same. Plenty of you know who I am already; I just want to keep that info off-site, that's all.
Understood. :3

Ever had first hand experience with a natural disaster?

What's the best thread on all of MotK?

What's the craziest thing any of your previous girlfriends has done? (Either with, without you, or against you)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2011, 01:55:10 AM »
Is this thread made of diamonds yet?  :3

Tengukami

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2011, 02:01:12 AM »
Ever had first hand experience with a natural disaster?

Yes. When I was just about two years old, Hurricane Agnes swept up the east coast of the US so far, that it caused a heavy rainstorm that resulted in the flooding of a river that ran through my home town. The flooding was so bad that bodies were unearthed from graveyards and sent downstream, to be deposited on sidewalks and streets of the town. My first earthquake was actually in Maryland; there was a tremor in the early 80s, so slight and short that we thought the hot water heater was making noises. Then there've been the earthquakes here, and a few eruptions. None of the earthquakes I've ever been in caused any damage, and the only eruption that affected me directly was the Eyjafjallaj?kull eruption, as the ash cloud moved over Reykjav?k. I got killer allergies from that.

What's the best thread on all of MotK?

Fightest's Characters, music, personalities is top tier stuff.

What's the craziest thing any of your previous girlfriends has done? (Either with, without you, or against you)

On a tangible level, an ex of mine participated in protest demonstrations in Copenhagen that got her arrested. She's done a lot of other pretty daring stuff in that vein. Probably one of the bravest people I know.

Is this thread made of diamonds yet?  :3

Look again; the diamonds are now pomegranates!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2011, 03:07:44 AM »
PROTIP: his real name is Tengu "The Kami" Amaterasu