Author Topic: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (FORK > SPOON, Mafia win)  (Read 31331 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (Day 3: Scum lay low for LYLO)
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »
Waffles are accepted as substantial contribution to the day. This time.

No votes have been cast.

Five are alive, so three need to jam to get a record album.

There are 42 hours left to make a decision.

Mod prods have been sent where necessary.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2010, 12:04:02 AM »
Agh, sorry. I was at uni, then at dinner with my dad because his birthday is tomorrow, then had to go take my bed apart because I'm getting a new one delivered tomorrow morning, then PANICPANICPANIC I HAVE LIKE AN HOUR TO FINISH MY NANOWRIMO CONTRIBUTION FFFFFFF oh yeah mafia.

Polly, please exist. This is the last time we can have people not contributing at all. I'm not feeling you as scum right now, but we can't exactly hope to make a majority if people don't show up.

One thing I don't get - Neo and Zak have both accused me of superbussing Huhwhat as my scumbuddy. Where exactly is this accusation coming from, given that I haven't placed a vote on HW at all and have been chasing Neo pretty much since I replaced into the game?

Speaking of which, Neo has basically contributed nothing but 'yeah whatever Zak said kthxbyeWAFFLES', and I don't understand why Zak is clearing him for 'effort'. Where exactly is it clear that Neo is trying to be useful?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2010, 12:14:35 AM »
One thing I don't get - Neo and Zak have both accused me of superbussing Huhwhat as my scumbuddy. Where exactly is this accusation coming from, given that I haven't placed a vote on HW at all and have been chasing Neo pretty much since I replaced into the game?
Well, you HAVE kind of also been chasing HW the entire game too, just only as being overshadowed by how I'm even worse to you. This isn't rocket science, you've been saying quite clearly all along you think HW is scum.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2010, 12:41:09 AM »
Not much to change my opinions from my original post, honestly. Serela still isn't solid in his opinions and is basically using Zak to speak for him, which is not exactly making me feel any better about either.  Also of note is him essentially dropping his suspicion of Rou/Polly in that post since Zak never went over the potential for that and Serela is now focussing entirely on Rou/HW. My gut is telling me he is attempting to overplay his meta as well, especially after his post with that giant image.

Serela - If Rou and I were scum together, that would not be an attempt to superbus me considering he was giving a strong push towards a Serela lynch rather than a HW lynch.

Zak - I don't see what you mean by people misrepping Serela, examples please. Actually I don't get your defense of Serela in general beyond "he seems to be putting out townie effort", and I honestly disbelieve that townie effort results in posts mainly made up of circular logic (#168's "rou is scummy if huhwhat is scummy who is scummy if rou is scummy because SUPERBUSSING"), indecisiveness ("rou voting me could be scummy but i can understand his reasoning so it's not a good reason to call him scummy yet I'll bring it up anyway") and poorly-explained scumpair accusations (pretty much everywhere in that post).

As for the rest of your post -

Later in 77, he puts pressure on Nobu for giving up the vote on Polaris to go for PX, and says that this actually makes Nobu worse than Serela, even though he still hadn't received any word from Neo Serela since he started voting for him.
I had pretty much categorized the argument with Serela as a (likely townie vs townie) RVS mishap at that point and it seemed to me that Nobu's prodvote with no other substance was worse because, you know, Nobu looked bad for an actual vote while the game was srs while Serela looked bad over a joke that was posted as soon as the game started.

Huhwhat starts off day 2 by moving onto Polaris for mainly lurking and not giving opinions worth reading. Also blames Kimblee for Cheerleading a town wagon and not voting until prodded. This was actually a good point, as oppose to starting out of the gate voting for a lurker. Why did you think Polaris was worse than Kimblee at the time?
Probably didn't explain this very well when voting him, but I read into Polaris' posting habits as an attempt to scoot by D1 without taking an actual stance through a constant defense, which seemed pretty bad to me. Kimblee was not actually that much lower than Polly in terms of my voting priorities, though her being lower was probably affected by me giving her a bit of a newb pass, since posting a wall of stuff then not actually topping it with a vote seems like newbie play to me.

So you're voting polly. You switch to PX, and say "PX should be getting even more attention than Kimblee". Does that mean Polly should not have been getting more attention than Kimblee?
Out of the two newbies, I felt that it was odd that people were complaining about Kimblee more than they were complaining about PX. Polly is not PX or Kimblee, so I'm not sure why you're asking me this question (or I'm having trouble understanding it). Basically I felt Polly was scummier than Kimblee, and that PX was scummier than both, and did not understand why people gave PX passes while having Kimblee as their first or second voting choice.

If you want proper follow-ups for my votes, point out specific examples of where I did not give them and I'll do my best to respond

How was swinging over to PX an attempt to keep my vote in the "correct" place? Most people thought Polly was scum at that point, so how would PX be considered any more correct?

« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2010, 12:55:07 AM »
Okay got my prod earlier but I had a piano lesson and I was spending some time trying to put together a post but then I realized that it was taking too long and by the time I actually made the post it would've been like three more hours. Or something.

So, uh, this post is just to tell you guys that I exist while I make an actual post. :ohdear:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2010, 01:00:04 AM »
Okay, this is going to be kind of stupid, but it also makes sense!

Quote from: Huhwhat
rou is scummy if huhwhat is scummy who is scummy if rou is scummy
With knowledge of my own alignment and there being two scum, this means everyone else, if considering only pure probabilities, has a 50% chance of being scum. That would mean a 75% chance that at least one out of either Rou or Huhwhat is scum, which, by my circular logic, means a 75% chance that both Rou and Huhwhat are scummy together!

I enjoy these odds.

...actual cases (like Zak's) are far better then probabilities, of course, but it doesn't hurt. It's not like I don't believe they look scummy without considering the probabilities.

ninjaed by polly oh jesus thank god we really don't need a polly modkill. Unless Polly actually ended up being scum since I don't see a Polly lynch happening.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2010, 01:02:26 AM »
... I may be horribad at statistics, but even then I'm pretty sure they do not work that way.

« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2010, 01:02:37 AM »
Probabilities, not statistics. <_<

« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2010, 01:17:23 AM »
Assuming we're still looking at this from Serela's standpoint, there are only six possible pairs.

Roukan + Zakeri
Roukan + huh what
Roukan + Polly
Zakeri + huh what
Zakeri + Polly
huh what + Polly

This is actually an 83.3% chance that at least one of Roukan or huh what is scum, but only 16.7% chance of them being scum together.

We can look at this from an objective standpoint, which means we add Serela:

Serela + Roukan
Serela + Zakeri
Serela + huh what
Serela + Polly

Then we have a total of ten pairs, cutting it down to only 70% chance that at least one of the two is scum, and 10% chance that they are scum together.

ITT Serela makes himself look like an idiot by admitting to his own bad logic. and also using lame probabilities which pretty much don't change anything at all.

...sorry I couldn't help but make a point. But anyway I have to eat dinner so I'll work on my actual post a bit more >_>;

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2010, 01:25:37 AM »
This is actually an 83.3% chance that at least one of Roukan or huh what is scum
And then, the information ingame and not a probability, means that if one of them is scum, the other one is suddenly much more subjectively likely to be scum, which...

kind of makes my head hurt from the obfuscating combination of probability+subjectivity, and I suppose there's a good chance I'm using the word subjective wrong, but whatever.

and also using lame probabilities which pretty much don't change anything at all.
This part is kind of true, I guess. It's a weird way of justifying circular logic which in itself is ridiculous. I was being a little silly, which is fun, but not really productive I suppose.

Maybe in the future I should make a quicktopic of silly posts to reveal postgame without actually posting them.

« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2010, 02:44:26 AM »
Okay, let's do this.

Zakeri: He's still the most likely town due to the obvious sensible posts and general town effort and whatnot. Though I'm beginning to wonder with him tying himself too close to Serela, so ???

The only other thing I can see that's relevant to Zak is that he's declared intent to hammer twice, but both times never followed through.
The first time he probably would have hammered had I not gotten there before him :V

Sweet Rou: Forgetting about himself making a case on huh what is awkwardly inconsistent, which has him lose a few points.

Of course he could be going insane.
<NaNoPhweeMo> since i guess no-one is thinking proofreading is a goodidea
<NaNoPhweeMo> iwa will nslsepp
Kids, sleep earlier or you'll become a senile writer who makes crazy dolphin sounds like Rou. This public service announcement is brought to you by the members of #scarlet-library.[/s]

Serela Jeff: I'm kind of obligated to mention Serela's bad logic starting from D1 RVS all the way up to probability-subjectivity shenanigans he's been spouting. There's also the waffling that everyone's pointed out, along with literal waffling by, uh, posting pictures of waffles. (I think Serela is implying something here)

That other guy huh, what?: I have to admit that Zakeri provides an interesting and logical case on huh what and I really have nothing to add to it. At this point it just boils down to Serela vs. huh what.

So the count is basically

Serela (2): Roukan, huh what
huh what (2): Serela, Zakeri

So it would logically boil down to a Roukan + huh what scumpair vs. a Serela + Zakeri scumpair. Assuming it isn't something radically different like Roukan + Zakeri in which case well played, you two. :V

But I'm honestly leaning toward Roukan + huh what mainly because I doubt Zakeri, as Serela's scumpartner, would have ever let him play this... pathetically. But is this even allowed to be used as an argument? :/

Er, sorry for this post, it was kind of stream-of-consciousness writing and then trying to smooth it out a little afterwards but failing. But I hope I made my thoughts clear to everyone ;_;

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2010, 06:57:36 AM »
Too many words in NaNoWriMo... not enough in Vanilla Mafia.

---

Still no votes.

There are about 33 hours left in Day 3.

Zakeri has been prodded.

Not so fun fact: Every player alive in Day 3 has been prodded at least once in Day 3 by the mods.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2010, 07:47:50 AM »
Well, you HAVE kind of also been chasing HW the entire game too, just only as being overshadowed by how I'm even worse to you. This isn't rocket science, you've been saying quite clearly all along you think HW is scum.
Uh...last I checked, that wasn't superbussing. Superbussing would be pressing the HELL out of a buddy and refusing to place my vote elsewhere. I have been arguing and voting Neo since the beginning of the replacement, so claiming I was superbussing HW is blatant misrep. Especially considering that HW!Scum mostly depends on Neo!Scum from where I'm standing.

Quote from: Polly
Sweet Rou: Forgetting about himself making a case on huh what is awkwardly inconsistent, which has him lose a few points.
Wait, what? When did I forget my case on HW? If this is from the superbussing point again then I'm seriously getting annoyed with how people are accusing me of doing something I didn't. At no point did I 'forget' my case on HW; the whole thing relies on Neo's flip, because it's HW's interactions with Scum!Neo that have me most suspicious.

Neo is spouting bad statistics in an attempt to look like he's contributing. They're not working.

OK, that does it. Nothing is happening, no-one is speaking, and Neo's play is just driving me up the wall. The fact that Polly is clearing him for being too terrible when everything about his modus operandi screams scum play just makes my blood boil. If this goes horribly wrong, GGs, but I reserve the right to tell Neo he played REEEEEEEEEEALLY badly.

##Vote: NeoSerela

« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2010, 09:51:49 AM »
Polly~ Buddy~ You're going to be our tie breaker here, apparently. So who do you want to vote for most? (Try to avoid going into scumpair theories, even though that's the popular thing right now.)

@Rou: I admit that superbusing isn't really the term I should have used. It's true that you've not once voted for huhwhat. Even still, you've put the most effort into making and resulting the case on him, and voted Serela based on *-scumpair theories-* due to the unlikely nature of the huh-what lynch. Then, suddenly at the start of day 3, you decide to make a case on NeoSerela, and officially put Huhwhat second on your list, even though "Nothing has happened to change you opinion of huhwhat." The only thing that Neo did between your first post and your first post of day 3 was his own opening post of day 3, which you misrepped. It's not busing in a strict sense, but It does smell like distancing somehow. The thing about Lylo however is that scum can put whoever they want for their second to lynch as long as the first to lynch is a townie.

Also, since Rou's asking for it: My anti-case on NeoSerela.

Quote from: NeoSerela 107
This is in reference to Kimblee's 93~94. I don't see how you reached this conclusion, Affinity.

To sum it up, he says Affinity is lurky, he's on the fence about PX, and then Pesco/Serela look bad. Town read on Huhwhat and neutral on Nobu/Polly. His conclusions seem fairly clear, and a Fency/Lurky with two scummy reads doesn't sound like making everyone look scummy.

Serela brings up an interesting point, here. It's a shame he doesn't get the chance to see this through, since Affinity was nightkilled. I don't think Serela would have killed someone that he came up with an original basis of suspicion on. Especially since NeoSerela didn't have anything else prepared, which was apparent from his post 132 - a lurker prod.

Neoserela spends all of day 2 pressing his case on PX as PX grows more and more worse over the day. There was really no reason for anyone to move from the PX wagon yesterday, whether they were town or scum. In fact, moving away from PX would probably have been more scummy, since it would singal that they knew he was town. NeoSerela stays on him the whole days, and continues to believe he's scum with conviction.

Then, of course, there's the opinion misrep that Rou seems to still be trying to capitalize on.

The post that sells me the most on Serela's townieness is 168. NeoSerela starts by figuring out scum based on process of elimination (It's never a good idea to admit that, even if it's true.) Then he proceeds to attempt making a case, but talks himself into a circle. He started out by saying he knew it Rou and Huhwhat have to be scum together, then discards his case because it relies on the fact that he thinks Huhwhat and Rou are scum together. This then kind of spirals downward until he's confused. The thing is, Scum normally wouldn't be confused about who's scum and who's town, because they already know. The fact that he confused himself while trying to figure out who's scum reads to me that NeoSerela is town. Just that he doesn't have the knowledge or experience needed to know how to make a well-thought out argument.

Suddenly knowing that puts a gobstopper on the whole "NeoSerela is waffling" Argument. Anyone voting for NeoSerela at this point is trying to push a newbie case over a scum case in lylo. With that, I'm content to believe Huhwhat and Rou are the pair we've been looking for.

##Vote: Huhwhat

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »
Voting time? Oh boy!

##Vote:Huhwhat

« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2010, 02:36:46 PM »
The thing is, Scum normally wouldn't be confused about who's scum and who's town, because they already know. The fact that he confused himself while trying to figure out who's scum reads to me that NeoSerela is town. Just that he doesn't have the knowledge or experience needed to know how to make a well-thought out argument.
I personally read into that as if he was attempting to overplay his meta as derpy. Also, it's not like scum can't pretend to be a confused townie for the sake of trying to get cleared.

##vote NeoSerela
Nothing more to say since I just skimmed the posts, gotta hurry to school right now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »
On the offchance that I might get nightkilled (which I doubt, especially considering what I'll say next), I should say some things!

Okay, I know I'm town, scum of course knows too. Rou votes me, Huhwhat votes me, Zak/Me vote Huhwhat. Polly looks like he will surely vote Huhwhat when he arrives. This logically means that, knowing my alignment, Rou and Huhwhat are DEFINITELY the scum, unless Polly shows up and votes me to end the game. Either one of Zak or Polly would/will be voting me if Rou/Huhwhat are not scum, since lynching me would win the game, they don't need to bother being consistent with previous opinions as long as they don't give a chance for the townie voting me to change their mind.

So, if Huhwhat flips scum, Rou is scumconfirmed pretty much (And I'll likely just drop my vote on him at the start of D4 since instantly winning the game >>> weird scum gambit that could make this logic wrong, unless there's some logical hole here). I see Zak being nightkilled since he firmly believes in my townieness, and Rou will obviously vote me, so that'll leave endgame up to Polly (Hey, wait, that's what's going on now too :V)

If Huhwhat is lynched and is scum, this post is totally relevant. If Huhwhat is town or I'm lynched (Both of which I find unlikely unless Polly is scum out of nowhere), then the game is over anyway so whatever.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2010, 02:53:37 PM »
...actually, I didn't even need to bother typing all that up. It can be explained much more simply. If Polly votes Huhwhat now and Huhwhat flips scum, then I know Polly/Zak is definitely town and Rou is definitely scum, which is a much shorter way to explain, even if not quite as clear, plus I know Polly would still most likely be voting Rou tomorrow (Or Zak, if Polly was NK'd, and if I was nk'd Rou would be scumconfirmed to everyone so).

wheeeeee I probably didn't even need to bother saying this stuff since I'm sure whoever lives to D4 is going to end up lynching Rou anyway

« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2010, 03:19:48 PM »
Quote from: NeoSerela
Either one of Zak or Polly would/will be voting me if Rou/Huhwhat are not scum, since lynching me would win the game, they don't need to bother being consistent with previous opinions as long as they don't give a chance for the townie voting me to change their mind.

Oh, that reminds me.

##Unvote: Huhwhat
##Vote: NeoSerela

:toot:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
GDI WHAT.

...hammer shut up? >:

Kiro

« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
??? ??? ??? Is that a quickhammer I see?  :o

---

NeoSerela
has been lynched. 3 people slammed their fist down on poor NeoSerela and the pea on the edge of his Townie SPOON shot forward and beaned Bardiche in the head knocking him unconscious.

Kiro cried out with joy.  "I am FREE! Free from Bardiche's tyranny and his insistence in eating with spoons!" Kiro then produced a set of chopsticks from his pocket.

But two of the remaining 4 players threateningly stepped up to Kiro. "I'm sorry,"
Roukanken said. "We also cannot allow chopsticks in our domain." Producing a silver FORK, he stabbed Kiro in the chest.

"A new age is upon us,"
Zakeri solemnly declared as he produced a FORK of his own and charge Huh what and Polly . The two tried to valiantly defend against the brutal assault, but alas, their instruments of war had no pointy ends and they were soundly eliminated.

---

The "Federation Of Random Kindness" a Mafia group has declared victory. The thread is now open to everyone.

Kiro

Re: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (FORK > SPOON, Mafia win)
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2010, 04:25:14 PM »
Quicktopics:

Scum
Mod
Dead Zone

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »
gdi zak

wtf

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2010, 04:29:39 PM »
FUCK CHOPSTICKS.

OK seriously all I can say is NEO WHAT HAPPENED. I can't say I wouldn't have been on you if I was Town because you had such an uncanny way to say a lot without actually saying anything of worth. Zak (who is definite scum MVP, went through the whole game posting decently enough to avoid suspicion) didn't really convince me with the 'but being confused and inconsistent = GOOD!' train of thought.

And to an extent my suspicion held a degree of truth - Town didn't do enough productive talking this game to come to any useful conclusion. If Neo had been speaking coherently it's very possible I would have been up on the chopping block instead, but even then I'd tried to link myself as closely to HW as possible so Zak didn't die. :P

Good game, guys. Fun to be back, even if it didn't last for very long. :3

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »
Didn't follow the game very closely but I look at this page and see the two LYLO trains both flipped town so kudos to scum for that.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »
FPMH is always right. Screw your textbook logics.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #206 on: November 05, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
Zakeri didn't die N1. Ofcourse he was scum.

Really folks, how did you not catch that.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #207 on: November 05, 2010, 04:56:46 PM »
This game was such an incredible drought of posting. ;_;

Kiro

« Reply #208 on: November 05, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »
I think the one thing I was most surprised was how much of a pass Kimblee got Day 1. There were lots of people saying he was bad, but letting him off for newbness. But the fact he waffled so hard and didn't vote should have made him a policy LAL on Day 1 over Pesco who was an active poster. While Pesco is usually a bit abrasive with his explanations and what not, he had the right reasons going and at least Affinity was solidly on Kimblee as well. Day 2 start was more of the same too and up until Kimblee asked to replace out, he wasn't given nearly enough attention.

This game was such an incredible drought of posting. ;_;

That's up to the Townies to fix. I don't blame the Scum for lurking through, that's one of the tried and true ways for them to win. In LYLO, each individual Townie should be trying to keep discussion going looking for more certainty in their top suspect. Also, the tendency to think in scumpairs in Day 3 slowed things down a lot and the scumpairs were wrong too. Rou and Zakeri counted on that as early as Day 2 and just cruised along even more. Not sure what else to say for suggestions; a few other thoughts of mine are already in the QT.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »
Congrats on a game well-played, scumteam. I still hold out hope for a SPORK alliance however.

I and Huh what are basically obvtown right now, while everyone else is either lurkerscum, or Nobu.

So I ended up the NK because I talk to much, basically? :V

Quote from: Zakeri
Hey, Nobu said the same thing first.

I'm sorry nobu! I didn't mean to ignore you. Wait, yes I did. It was just wrong of me to ignore you. I'm still apologizing.

I couldn't figure out what you were referring to here. >_o
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook