Author Topic: 不思議の幻想郷 (Fushigi no Gensokyo) Translation Thread  (Read 231247 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: 不思議の幻想郷 (Fushigi no Gensokyo) Translation Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2012, 12:52:21 PM »
Then 'Fey Blade' it is.

Spellcards
http://www.mediafire.com/?yeeq1ap41ktzb7v

I think the blank spellcard doesn't appear in the games.

Just translated 荒御魂 and  幸御魂 as Aramitama and Sakimitama.
'Je Souhaite' might be a reference to a 'The X-files' episode with the same name.

These messages are said to sometimes show up when using 'Selecting ' Spellcards.
なんと$baseItemName;は$baseItemRealName;だった!
<0:COLOR>$actorName;</COLOR>は$baseItemName;を振りかざした.

Any idea what it is supposed to be?
Signature

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »
I think the blank spellcard doesn't appear in the games.
Hm... Maybe it's appearing in old well? A lot of unidentified items and it seems that player can give them own name (haven't tried it yet).
Not sure if I understand the description properly, but it seems that its effect depends on the given name.

These messages are said to sometimes show up when using 'Selecting ' Spellcards.

Any idea what it is supposed to be?
It seems that the first line is being shown when using the Echigo Short! on unidentified item, so you know what you just turned into Ohagi.
The second one... Hard to tell, but it's possible you can't use the card on equipped item...

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2012, 04:22:12 PM »
Hm... Maybe it's appearing in old well? A lot of unidentified items and it seems that player can give them own name (haven't tried it yet).
Not sure if I understand the description properly, but it seems that its effect depends on the given name.
When you have an unidentified item, instead of the "information" option, it gives you an option to rename an item.  It's really useful especially when you know what it does but the game doesn't register it.  Usually when you drink/use something Reimu "figures it out" and then it becomes the real item name.  But I'm not sure what that description is saying...

Also, need more help with these gaps.. I found it confusing because some of them could make sense with an inanimate object like "cute" but then you have something like a tsudere gap (yes)

http://pastebin.com/LGWCrGL2
I'm not sure about some of the ones I already tried to translate, too.

Once I'm done with the gaps I'll throw it back into the file and upload it.

edit: wow I missed like a whole page

And I realized that it may be difficult to put anywhere the TL notes, unless someone wants to update Wiki (or rather create the pages)... It may be better to do it and gather these after finishing, starting from last page.
I know some wiki stuff, once we are all done with this I can make some pages. 
edit2: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fushigi_no_Gensokyo someone put motto!? fushigi no gensokyo as the original...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:28:32 PM by Sandrie »

DennouNeko

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »
Usually when you drink/use something Reimu "figures it out" and then it becomes the real item name.
IIRC it also uses line similar (maybe the same) to なんと$baseItemName;は$baseItemRealName;だった!

Also, need more help with these gaps.. I found it confusing because some of them could make sense with an inanimate object like "cute" but then you have something like a tsudere gap (yes)

Once I'm done with the gaps I'll throw it back into the file and upload it.
It is a bit confusing... My guess would be that because there are eyes in these gaps these may be addressed as people and these should be translated as such (or at least animals?)
For now I was thinking about rephrasing few things in previous files so won't be able to help much with these.

edit: wow I missed like a whole page I know some wiki stuff, once we are all done with this I can make some pages. 
edit2: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fushigi_no_Gensokyo someone put motto!? fushigi no gensokyo as the original...
ok. Let me know if you'd need some extra info. This may take some time, but I guess I could dig out things like enemy's HP and such.
And yeah, saw it too... This has to be fixed later. May be good idea to add full list of games. (something like this: http://i.imgur.com/RD8pk.png source:AquaStyle)
But for now, gonna translate this...

A bit related... Finished working on the Dungeon.csv file I've mentioned before. Almost all are the Monster House names. These are a bit long, but seem to have plenty of space. I've seen them being used maybe twice with only short text added that probably can be translated to "It's <insert house name>!" (test: http://i.imgur.com/IdKOV.png).
If tests will show that these are too long, we can always use abbreviations.
Only thing that keeps bugging me is the Drift of Misfortune (厄の吹き溜まり), rest should be fine...
In case of The Cold Season it wasn't directly said it's winter, so left it as such.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xdgjnn49hsavvga
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:31:38 PM by DennouNeko »

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »

3. 綺麗なスキマ = clean gap
13. 仰々しいスキマ = bombastic(?) gap
17. 気味の悪いスキマ = creppy/grim gap
21. 存在感のないスキマ = "not present" gap?
27. 気色悪いスキマ = disgusting/creppy gap
28. 気持ちいいスキマ = pleasant gap
32. 楽しそうなスキマ = happily gap
33. 欝になりそうなスキマ = gap "not likely to be depressed" (??)
36. スキマに見えないスキマ = invisible(?) gap
37. 感動的なスキマ = impressive gap

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »
3. 綺麗なスキマ = pretty gap ("clean" doesn't seem right)
13. 仰々しいスキマ = colorful gap
21. 存在感のないスキマ = how about "immaterial gap"? I know it doesn't convey the exact meaning, but it's something.
32. 楽しそうなスキマ = enjoyable gap
33. 欝になりそうなスキマ = depressing gap
36. スキマに見えないスキマ = invisible gap sounds fine, but the name literally means "gap invisible to other gaps"?

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2012, 02:11:57 AM »
Thanks. 

気味の悪いスキマ and 気色悪いスキマ seem really close. 

I think 気味の悪 is closer to creepy, so I put 気色悪 as disgusting.

edit: YES, a lot of these are on the jp miracle party wiki.  They give readings too, so that helps.  But they don't seem so sure too...

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
Figured what the spellcard thingy was. Should have looked in the _common files.
$baseItemName; was actually $baseItemRealName;!

<0:COLOR>$actorName;</COLOR> used $baseItemName;.

Is there anything else I can help you with?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:23:05 PM by Sungho »
Signature

DennouNeko

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »
I guess it's ok for now. Unless you'd like to help with reading the texts from images. I can search one Kanji after another, but it takes ages like that... There's not much of it, mostly the menus (more the extras than main one) and scene names. Location names are rather easy to compare with text files, same with newspapers, but if you'd want to it would be good to identify these too.

Still have to find some time to finish rephrasing few things and upload the recent files for verification, but this may have to wait till weekend. Didn't expect to be that busy this week...

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2012, 11:50:29 PM »
Unidentified Tags
http://pastebin.com/sV75wqhW
I omitted "paper" when possible, but nearly all of them had paper i.e. "Straw Paper Tag"

edit:
I'll upload the file later, I derped hard on something so I have to retype the whole list again...
http://www.mediafire.com/?ghubckaifnh6d8q

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:32:04 AM by Sandrie »

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 02:39:20 AM »
I haven't played the game, but just dropping in to mention that 札 isn't really suitable as 'tag'. It's probably meaning お札: ofuda, the shinto 'talismans'.  It's debatable as to what exactly it could be translated to, though it's often just left as ofuda.

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 04:22:40 AM »
I haven't played the game, but just dropping in to mention that 札 isn't really suitable as 'tag'. It's probably meaning お札: ofuda, the shinto 'talismans'.  It's debatable as to what exactly it could be translated to, though it's often just left as ofuda.

Yeah, I know it's supposed to be ofuda, but it's internally called "tags" so that's what I ended up using.   We have a limit on how long the items can be as well so tag being shorter does help.

A lot of this game is hard to translate into english "well" because your average western fan doesn't know all this shinto stuff like ofuda, omamori, etc.  I could probably write pages and pages of translator notes just with the stuff I did myself.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:10 AM »
If talisman can also mean ofuda, I'll have to change talisman to amulet.

How are we going to translate 隙魔城? Kanji means Gap, Devil(or Magic, etc.), Castle.
How are we going to translate 不思議の古井戸? Fushigi no Old Well doesn't seem right at all.
How are we going to translate 民家? It is said to mean 'Private House', but sound unfit to me, or I'm not at English. High possibility it's the latter.
And 新守矢神社 would be New Moriya Shrine, I guess?
Any better way to translate 前 and 後 to Before and After? Former and Latter, or First Part and Second Part?

ADV \ etc \
scene_01.png : Plains
scene_02.png : Hakurei Shrine
scene_03.png : Forest of Magic
scene_04.png : Human Village
scene_05.png : Kourindou
scene_06.png : Kourindou (Heaven Branch)
scene_07.png : Before(Front of) 隙魔城 (Not sure. Have to check in-game)
scene_08.png : Kourindou (Eientei Branch)
scene_09.png : Interior of Gap
scene_10.png : Blacksmith Shop(Kanji is 鍛冶屋)
scene_11,png : Lodgment (or Accommodation)
scene_12.png : Private House(is what I can find. Kanji is 民家)
scene_13.png : New Moriya Shrine
scene_14.png : New Moriya Shrine Construction Planned Area(Small Kanji is 建設予定地)
scene_15.png : New Moriya Shrine Deepest Part (Small Kanji is 最深部)

Dungeon \ etc \
00 : Shrine's Backyard (裏庭)
01 : Shrine's Warehouse

Dungeon \ R10
Backyard Basement (地下室)

Dungeon \ R30
01 : Plains
02 : Forest of Magic
03 : Garden of the Sun
04 : Misty Lake
05 : Bamboo Forest of the Lost
06 : Youkai Mountain
07 : Heaven
08 : Hakugyokurou
09 : Eientei
10 : Scarlet Devil Mansion (Koumakan)
11 : Interior of Gap
12 : New Moriya Shrine Construction Planned Area
13 : New Moriya Shrine Grounds (or  Precinct, Small Kanji is 境內)
14 : New Moriya Shrine
15 : New Moriya Shrine Deepest Part
16 : New Moriya Shrine Deepest Part
17 : New Moriya Shrine Deepest Part

Dungeon \ R99
不思議の古井戸

Menu \ Extra \ tex00.png
幻想郷縁起 : Gensokyo Chronicles
場面記錄 : Scene Records (Weird English)
調査記錄 : Investigation Records (Weird English, again)
映像再生 : Movie Play (Weird English, again)
Please find a more suitable English.

01 : Plains
02 : Hakurei Shrine
03 : Forest of Magic
04 : Human Village
05 : Lodgment
06 : Blacksmith Shop
07 : Kourindou (First Half)
08 : Kourindou (Second Half)
09 : Kourindou (Heaven Branch)
10 : Front of 隙魔城
11 : Kourindou (Eientei Branch)
12 : Interior of Gap
13 : Collapsing Gap
14 : Ending (Unused)
15 : After Ending
16 : New Moriya Shrine (2nd loop)
17 : New Moriya Shrine (3rd loop Before)

18 : New Moriya Shrine (3rd loop After)
19 : New Moriya Shrine (Deepest Part Before)
20 : Fight! Great Moriya (Kanji used is 対決)
21 : Deciding Match! Cho-Kochiya (Kanji used is 決戦)
22 : New Moriya Shrine (Deepest Part After)
23 : 不思議の古井戸 before
24 : 不思議の古井戸 after
25 : Private House (Cirno)
26 : Private House (Marisa)
27 : Private House (Meiling)
28 : Private House (Lily White)
29 : Private House (Chen)
30 : Private House (Udonge)
31 : Private House (Yuyuko)
32 : Private House (Nitori)
33 : Private House (Patchouli)
34 : Private House (Iku)

Opening, Ending
The *位 means 1st place, 2nd place, etc.

Something more catchy like 'Showdown' or some sort can be used instead of 'Fight' or 'Deciding Match'

Menu \ Extra \ tex10.png
In the order of Right-Left, Top-Bottom.
The Kanji used are Obsolete versions of 1 to 10. Up to 40.
I don't know how they number newspapers in English, though.

I don't know what 沒ノ巻 means. The contents itself is something close to gibberish and has nothing to do with Touhou, I think.

EDIT :
Ah, I forgot the ones in the title.
Menu \ Title \
Item.png
つづきから : Continue
はじめから : New Game
おしまい : Quit Game

title_menu.png
つづきから : Continue
はじめから : New Game
幻想郷縁起 : Gensoukyo Chronicles
終了する : Quit Game

title_menu_tt23.png
挑戦する : Challenge
記錄再生 : Record Replay (or just Replays would do)
終了する : Quit Game
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:31:40 AM by Sungho »
Signature

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
36. スキマに見えないスキマ = invisible gap sounds fine, but the name literally means "gap invisible to other gaps"?

Yes, something like that.

How are we going to translate 隙魔城? Kanji means Gap, Devil(or Magic, etc.), Castle.
How are we going to translate 不思議の古井戸? Fushigi no Old Well doesn't seem right at all.

I think that  隙魔城 = gap castle
不思議の古井戸 = "an old well in Wonderland"? I'm not sure.

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »
If talisman can also mean ofuda, I'll have to change talisman to amulet.

How are we going to translate 民家? It is said to mean 'Private House', but sound unfit to me, or I'm not at English. High possibility it's the latter.
And 新守矢神社 would be New Moriya Shrine, I guess?
Any better way to translate 前 and 後 to Before and After? Former and Latter, or First Part and Second Part?

不思議の古井戸 =  "Mysterious Old Well"?

DennouNeko

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
*sigh* online again. Seems that tomorrow I'll have more free time.

Few things for now:
Thanks for the tip, TheNewGuy.
For the "tags" I guess we can use Ofuda for long names, I was planning to strip "tag" word from most of the short names anyway and leave it only if name looks weird without it or if there's item with similar name but different type already (so keep the "tag" only in some of short names).

Thanks for the help with images, Sungho. I'd probably spend few days at it ::)

Propositions for most of the locations names I've uploaded with first package or names IIRC (the Dungeon folder). It's not set in stone, but still can serve as a kind of suggestion. Still not sure about the castle, though. Looking at the boss, I'd say it's rather magic than demon related. Maybe Magical Gap Castle or simply Gap Castle?
As for the well... I guess it rather literally translates to "Old Well of Mysteries" or "Mysterious Old Well" (probably looks a bit better). For menu item "Old Well" will have to be enough... The game's title is built the same way, but still no idea how the English one should sound like.

沒ノ巻 It looks a bit weird with this "no"... 沒の巻 would translate to something like Volume of None (google translate is suggesting Volume of Sunset, but I doubt in this one). Both actually sound like a name for weird book or article... Unless it's closer to "No volume number" (erm... "missing no."?), but I'm only guessing with this one...

For tex00.png I guess these should work:
場面記錄 : Scenes
調査記錄 : High Score or Best Results (still doesn't sound right...)
映像再生 : Videos

民家
Well, Private House may sound a bit weird... I guess names like "Cirno's house" would look better, even if it's not 1:1 translation.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:29:21 PM by DennouNeko »

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »
記錄再生 : Record Replay (or just Replays would do)
Huh, does it really use this kanji and not 録? Aside from it, it's "Play Replay", not "Record" (I agree that just "Replay" would work better).

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 09:45:49 PM »
Is there anything else that needs to be done?  I suppose I could start on the wiki pages but that would be hard without final translations..

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »
民家
Well, Private House may sound a bit weird... I guess names like "Cirno's house" would look better, even if it's not 1:1 translation.

The thing is, the conversations are between Inaba Tewi and Cirno, talking about the character in question.

The conversations are in Conversations \ Script.ADV.Script \ Substory

Huh, does it really use this kanji and not 録? Aside from it, it's "Play Replay", not "Record" (I agree that just "Replay" would work better).

I'm sorry, my mistake.
Sorta translated 記録 : Record, 再 : Re, 再生 : Play and combined them without further thought.
And it also does use 録, not 錄. 錄 is the more traditional form of 録.
Signature

DennouNeko

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2012, 06:21:27 AM »
Is there anything else that needs to be done?  I suppose I could start on the wiki pages but that would be hard without final translations..
Well, nothing that comes to my mind right now... And yeah, it'll be better to take care of wiki after finishing.

The thing is, the conversations are between Inaba Tewi and Cirno, talking about the character in question.

The conversations are in Conversations \ Script.ADV.Script \ Substory
Oh... Then I guess it can be left as "Private House". I thought these were houses of mentioned characters.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »
How about "Residence" for 民家?

Anyway, I was really busy (and still am) for the last few days, but I finally got to finishing a few files.

I'm going to provide "raw" translations - they need formatting (like newlines), because I cannot repack them myself.

I tried to keep the length of a line under 90 characters (I guess that's more or less a safe limit).

Script.ADV.Script/MainStory/001: http://pastebin.com/1rfqP6uQ
Script.ADV.Script/MainStory/002: http://pastebin.com/9TjkmsqD
Script.ADV.Script/MainStory/003: http://pastebin.com/rhDArXe4
Script.ADV.Script/MainStory/004: http://pastebin.com/rhg9YGrh

DennouNeko

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »
How about "Residence" for 民家?

Anyway, I was really busy (and still am) for the last few days, but I finally got to finishing a few files.

I'm going to provide "raw" translations - they need formatting (like newlines), because I cannot repack them myself.

I tried to keep the length of a line under 90 characters (I guess that's more or less a safe limit).
Thanks. Well, it's not that urgent so no need to hurry.
I haven't checked the limit, again 'i' takes much less space than 'W', but gonna test it and report if it's ok (thanks for the Extras, AquaStyle)
And don't worry about formatting. That's the least I can do ::)

In case of 民家, it's simply a house in human village where Reimu peeks in and sees Tewi and Cirno talk. It seems that "民家" is being used on the map icon too.
Hmm... Still not sure...

On another note. I've rephrased few texts in the item files, updated with things we talked about and added the short/long name. These still may need some editing, but here's the package with current versions:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n4n55355kn846oo
(for now left the stars in weapons.csv, but should strip them later)

I guess that if these will be ok I'll restore original files, modify only with what have been verified and upload it for testing.
With that said, it may be good time to take care of texts I found so far in exe. A lot of these may seem to be pretty random... In the package there's also current test translation that may be used as a kind of suggestion.
Please keep the file as either UTF8 or Unicode (UTF16?) encoded. Format is similar to the dialogue file one.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g8495sqy87cqiii
I didn't include texts from the replaced parts of code... Well, it may be difficult to explain how some of these are being built, especially the two lines at "Game Over" screen x_x

Edit:
I've remembered what else can be done. The Script.WorldMap\itemShop.txt
There are some names that have to be copied from proper item files and descriptions that Rinnosuke and Keine give when highlighting them.

Edit2:
Just finished formatting the text from first dialogues.
It seems that most of the lines fit fine, but had to shorten few. I'm keeping the "first line is name" style, but may drop it if there will be too much problems with keeping the lines short... At least it's relatively easy to do the testing.
I guess the most troublesome were lines from 004 "Reimu: We're on the verge of a disaster, can you be cooperative and provide resources for free!?" and "Kourin: If I give out stuff for free, I'll run out of stock. Imagine new people visiting me.", but somehow managed to make them shorter.
The 85~90 characters seems to be reasonable limit for dialogues (in shops and such it will be a bit less due to character's face in corner).
Package with result files for comparison: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r97h4syo72dzil6

Edit3:
And checked the unidentified item names. In general all of them seem to be ok, just changed "Tag" to "Ofuda".
It seems that in 2 cases I've accidentally copied twice same lines instead of next ones  :blush:
For these I've translated 妖精の符 as "Fairy Sign" and 再生紙の札 to "Recycled Ofuda".
The only names that seem to be a bit long are "Drawing Paper Ofuda" and "Water Absorbent Ofuda", but we'll see in tests how these will work out.
Gap names actually aren't much longer than Japanese ones, so no problems here.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:14:41 PM by DennouNeko »

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
With that said, it may be good time to take care of texts I found so far in exe. A lot of these may seem to be pretty random... In the package there's also current test translation that may be used as a kind of suggestion.
Please keep the file as either UTF8 or Unicode (UTF16?) encoded. Format is similar to the dialogue file one.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g8495sqy87cqiii
I didn't include texts from the replaced parts of code... Well, it may be difficult to explain how some of these are being built, especially the two lines at "Game Over" screen x_x

I'll give this a crack.  They are pretty random though.

edit:

What should we use for these?
満腹度
The suggestion was "satiety" (had to look that up), but I think it's been translated as "Hunger Gauge" in other parts.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:11:05 PM by Sandrie »

DennouNeko

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »
What should we use for these?
満腹度
The suggestion was "satiety" (had to look that up), but I think it's been translated as "Hunger Gauge" in other parts.
I know. It's the literal translation of Japanese name for it (game displays the opposite of hunger), but tbh it's the first time I've ever seen this word. Similar with few people I've asked about it.
Probably "Hunger" will be fine for this one (again, not much space).
Same with Power in that line. There should be strength, probably as "STR"

Edit: btw, not sure if the line with id 51 is being used, but would be good to translate it too. Still have to find where it is referenced.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:25:54 PM by DennouNeko »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2012, 03:33:06 PM »
The random-seeming ones in the exe are the 'abilities' of amulets, shields and weapons.
Although I can't figure out why some are repeated 3 times.

I can identify most of them if I have to, but some ones seem to be only used in-game without showing.
Signature

DennouNeko

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2012, 03:44:46 PM »
The random-seeming ones in the exe are the 'abilities' of amulets, shields and weapons.
Although I can't figure out why some are repeated 3 times.

I can identify most of them if I have to, but some ones seem to be only used in-game without showing.
It's possible that each of these groups have separate sets of abilities... Would have to experiment a bit to confirm it though.
I know that I was testing these on Udonge Ears and changing the ability name in 4th set changed the one displayed in game, so the 4th set may belong to weapons.
Edit: Forgot that found total 4 sets of abilities... Not sure if there's 4th group of items using these.
First starts at 52, second at 91, third at 149 and fourth at 207
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:58:26 PM by DennouNeko »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »
The fourth one is 'type of enemies'. Like the aforementioned 'Ear'.
It's rather different from the first three.
Signature

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »
Oh, are those "abilities" like the orbs in the later games then? That makes much more sense then.

If the bottom are the "types" of enemies then I'll say
213:00470DA5:$Youkai
214:00470DAB:$Thief
215:00470DB1:$Explosion ("Blast" might be shorter?)
216:00470DB7:$Ghost
217:00470DBD:$God
218:00470DC3:$Float
219:00470DC9:$Beast? Nope, Ear is about all I can get (I think it's referring to people who would take extra damage from tewi/udonge ears)
220:00470DCF:$Normal
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:08:33 PM by Sandrie »

DennouNeko

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
My bad... Should have checked whole set first.
I went through part of weapon files, it seems that in case of the Udonge Ears, one of "Category" flags ("Ears") is being set, for Rod of Remorse it's "God", while for lots of others there's "addAbility" instead.
As for shields, it seems that there's also "addAbility" in some cases, like Yuyuko's Hat has "BigEater" (all internal names), but it's hard to tell if these use same set of values...
It's pretty possible that there are 3 sets of abilities and one set of types/categories.
Not sure about the ones that aren't being displayed. It's possible that these are prepared, but in the end never used.

The only place I've seen these so far is below descriptions, so wouldn't worry too much about space. From what I've seen in "script" it's displayed one ability/type per line.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »
213:00470DA5:$Youkai

I wouldn't call it youkai, because not all youkai have this ability. Enemies who have it: Kogasa, Nue, Meiling, Yamame, Yuuka, Wriggle, Letty, Rumia, Mystia.