Author Topic: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character  (Read 262668 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »
It's certainly Mima possessing the weapons.

It took this long for this to happen.

You people are slacking.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »
Original post here. Translated by me, obvi.
Suh-weet. Thanks, I'll edit it into the first post.

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 09:29:17 PM »
7h3d4rkw0lf: Thank you for the translation!

I hope we got some pretty and original stage.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 09:30:03 PM »
I said it's my little girl intuition that tells me it's gonna be shit. and the fact that sakuya is in it. this isn't time travelling, this is sakuya hate and a feeling in my guts telling me bad things. zengeku's simply supporting me because unconditional love and stuff. thanks honey <3

Sure. And what happened to the other half of the game?

which other half? I included all stages. that's the whole game. kyoko is a so-so case, youmu's powerful against seiga. stop trying to talk down the best character in the game and the best in the series outside of Flandre. youmu will always be no. 1 in the games she is playable.

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 09:32:23 PM »
What "everything" makes it so that there is almost no chance of the game being good? That blog post tells us almost nothing about the game mechanics. Are you psychic? Do you know ZUN? ARE YOU ZUN?

Nah, i'm just paranoid. Sorry  :V

One thing both intrigues me and scares me.

"つまりいつも通りですが、できる限りシンプルに弾幕を楽しんで貰えるように複雑なシステムは排除しました。"

My japanese sucks but it seems like it's saying that he has chosen to do away with complicated systems in order to just enjoy "simple danmaku". I wouldn't mind a simple system but ONLY if that means the patterns are going to carry the entire games challenge if complicated score mechanics can't do the trick anymore.

I have never been too much into the whole scoring thing so this may be good news to me but I'm very concerned about the Simple danmaku wording.

EDIT: Oh, there's a translation. Didn't notice :V - Doesn't change my concerns though. It still sounds like something 1cc'd in a short amount of time.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:36:54 PM by Zengeku »

Tengukami

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »
youmu will always be no. 1 in the games she is playable.

Spoiler:
No, really, I like your style. Nice to see someone with a sense of humor about these games.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna be quietly hopeful that this is the underwater touhou I've wanted forever. (I mean come on, there's a stage taking place over a lake. Let me dream.)
If weapons are getting possessed, I figure Sakuya would be slightly frustrated about it. :V

Here's an idea. If it really is taking place over a lake in any one of the screenshots shown, then perhaps... it's the Misty Lake~! And that might help explain why Sakuya's present~! After all, ZUN's pretty much gone everywhere (various forests, underground, the sky, Hell, Heaven, the Moon, even the Human Village) EXCEPT underwater~!

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
Lookin' kinda Nano there Reimu.

And yessss this is awesome news. Everything not related to Sakuya coming back sounds super awesometastic and I can't wait to finally play a new Touhou again. /o/
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2013, 09:42:03 PM »
Good to know Sakuya is back...
Spoiler:
She wasn't dead after all :U

Also, no Border/Trance-ish things? Thanks ZUN.
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2013, 09:42:32 PM »
Retro style?

Clearly this is going to be the space-based Touhou that has always been on the horizon. VIVIT will be the 5th boss.

Also, Marisa's adaption of pyromania is entirely in character; as well as jiving with Ammy's realization that Marisa is totally into various forms of 80's rock; pyrotechnics are hella important.

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »
Btw that part is very intriguing:
Will the three follow the weapons or abandon them to fight their own battle?

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2013, 09:43:31 PM »
"30 Members and 42 Guests"

I... may or may not have linked the translation post to FB. Sorry bout that~ :V

Character discussion wise, I enjoyed playing Youmu more in IN then in TD. I got used to the non-firing aspect of her focus in TD, and found her bombs beautiful to look at. But we can't have every character we wish to appear in every game ZUN makes. In fact, it's nice to see ZUN just rolling around stories that bring in other characters that it can relate to. Youmu's sword(s) aside, I find it a slightly amusing (and potentially dangerous) situation for Sakuya to lose control of her knives. For Youmu, it wouldn't bother Yuyuko so much in the fact that, well, ghosts and stuff. Remilia, on the other hand, would likely have more of an issue with this; as Sakuya is supposed to be an 'elegant maid.' I can imagine watching Sakuya at a loss would amuse her a little, before getting very annoyed.

In short, it'sJust a matter of who ties in to the storyline more. I look forward to seeing what comes of this. And yes, no bias here; just doing my bit to try and show a fair response, and be friendly. ^^

Continue speculation~ XD

nintendonut888

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »
It may or may not be relevant to note that the title for normal mode is "aquamarine."

Now if you'll excuse me a dolphin is about to burst through the wall in happiness and anticipation. Toodle oo!

Also I note spell practice is back again. Will we see more last words/overdrives? :o
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:48:11 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2013, 09:45:25 PM »
One thing both intrigues me and scares me.

"つまりいつも通りですが、できる限りシンプルに弾幕を楽しんで貰えるように複雑なシステムは排除しました。"

My japanese sucks but it seems like it's saying that he has chosen to do away with complicated systems in order to just enjoy "simple danmaku". I wouldn't mind a simple system but ONLY if that means the patterns are going to carry the entire games challenge if complicated score mechanics can't do the trick anymore.

Yeah that raised an eyebrow. Didn't he say something about wanting to make this game easy enough for his wife to play? What little patterning I see, I think he might be putting the challenge emphasis on the weapons themselves. He says their weapons "have suddenly started acting on their own". Maybe this means surprise shot types at random intervals.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:48:36 PM by Yuki Mori »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »
Sorry guys, I'm late to the party. But just making my obligatory post here. As usual: YAAAAAAAY! THIS IS AWESOME! ASFAGFGSMASOFSFASN!!!

Anyway, playable Sakuya as well? Seems like those jokes about her cosplaying other playable characters will stop then.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
Youmu and Sanae aren't in the game because they're good enough to not lose total control of their weapons.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »
Sorry guys, I'm late to the party. But just making my obligatory post here. As usual: YAAAAAAAY! THIS IS AWESOME! ASFAGFGSMASOFSFASN!!!

Anyway, playable Sakuya as well? Seems like those jokes about her cosplaying other playable characters will stop then.

Presumably replaced by Sanae dressing up as Sakuya?

nintendonut888

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2013, 09:56:25 PM »
According to the wiki, the translation for the Japanese title is "Eastern Castle of Shining Needles." Who knows what that means, but perhaps it means there'll be a setup like EoSD where they visit a previously unknown mansion? In the forest? In any case, I hope shining needles doesn't refer to more lasers. >.<

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
For scoring, there does seem to be a "point item value" field, so no EoSD 2. Maybe it'll be something like LLS.

It may or may not be relevant to note that the title for normal mode is "aquamarine."

Aquamarine is a gemstone.

...Given how the Japanese title translates, I'd say this game's story will deal with jewels.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2013, 10:01:15 PM »
According to the wiki, the translation for the Japanese title is "Eastern Castle of Shining Needles." Who knows what that means, but perhaps it means there'll be a setup like EoSD where they visit a previously unknown mansion? In the forest? In any case, I hope shining needles doesn't refer to more lasers. >.<

Means we're going to visit Kid Radd in Sharp Painful Object Land.

« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2013, 10:02:49 PM »
I need to get back into touhou!

That said, spell practice again... pretty happy about it, the name sounds derp though!

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2013, 10:06:56 PM »
"Eastern Castle of Shining Needles."

Well, this is how a japanese castle usually looks like, so we can guess it'll be something like this:

And if some of the latter stages takes place inside of it, then the interior would look more or less like this:

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Drake

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »
-wow didn't realize it was already done
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:19:36 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
I've been playing PCB recently so to see Sakuya come back as a playable character.. I am HAPPY :D I can't wait to see how this turns out :D

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »
Who's in the silhouette in the frame?
I will say that that isn't how reflections work. Pretty cool.

Jemstones could be a thing considering the title of normal mode and those lens flairs (shudder) on the title.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »
And here I was just about to burst thinking about that it might be a new Phantasmagoria. If Sanae's not there, then some boycotting is in order.
Though, I actually like that ZUN is making things simple again. Why are the arts so childish though. And isn't that the pavement to the Myouren Temple?

Formless God

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2013, 10:28:41 PM »
which other half? I included all stages. that's the whole game. kyoko is a so-so case, youmu's powerful against seiga.
I'm not talking about the shot type's viability. I'm talking about how it wrecks the balancing of the game. It's clear as day that anything but the Stage 3 boss, the Stage 5 midboss and the final boss were dumbed down so that a melee user can get up close and attack. This would've worked if the other three characters weren't ranged users. Unfortunately, they were, and people do use them.

stop trying to talk down the best character in the game
A gimmicky "shot" type that forced half of the game to be balanced around its lousy attack range? Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Flandre
Flandre is not playable and the boss form is among one of the easiest to beat.
but franchan's so kawaii that's why she's da bes, ne?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2013, 10:33:25 PM »
Drake you should have kept yours up, you were the first to point out the weapons-not-actually-going-haywire thing I think.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2013, 10:41:14 PM »
Marisa has a flamethrower shot type? Pretty good.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2013, 10:47:17 PM »
Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya's individual weapons have suddenly started acting on their own. On top of that, the Youkai who are usually quiet and subdued have suddenly start wreaking havoc. Will the three follow the weapons or abandon them to fight their own battle?

Hm...  Wondering if this means multiple shottypes per character or split story for the final levels*?  Not sure which I'd prefer.  Probably depend on how the theoretical split was done.

*Or if there's a minor translation that shifts the meaning.  Suppose that's also an option.